News:

"Why do you call it soulriders?"
"Because we grind your souls, hopes, and dreams down ... and ride the wave."

Main Menu

Carthrat WINS.

Started by Carthrat, April 27, 2005, 06:20:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Carthrat

I award myself 300 points and simultaneously award Count Rezantis 200 points. We both win, though I arguably win *more* than Rez.

Good game, people. :D
[19:14] <Annerose> Aww, mouth not outpacing brain after all?
[19:14] <Candide> My brain caught up

Carthrat

Aww, no reaction? [/trolling]

Ok, me being a jerk aside, I should point out that what I just did was perfectly legal and completely within the rules. And I still stand by my action, because I've already done it.

I suggest we fix this, because it's kinda nutty. I'm not sure how, though. But I see a few problems.

1)

116. Whatever is not prohibited or regulated by a rule is permitted and unregulated, with the sole exception of changing the rules, which is permitted only when a rule or set of rules explicitly or implicitly permits it.

Look at this rule closely.

If the rules don't say you can't, you can.

Needs fixing.

2)

There is no rule that states 'You can only earn points in the methods within the rules.' Something of a neccesity.

3)

Even though I'm technically the winner of Nomic, that's essentially me being a big boy in boots. It's actually still possible for anyone to declare that I lose 200 points and my 'Winner' status. It's also possible for any amount of people to beomce winners. Some endgame mechanism *may* be in order.

Food for thought. :D
[19:14] <Annerose> Aww, mouth not outpacing brain after all?
[19:14] <Candide> My brain caught up

Rye Coal

I like 116 - however, you are right in that the way points are created does need to be limited - specifically points (in my opinion) should only be created by player actions (proposals or other minigame action) they should not be generated by players themselves. I do not think that point earnings should be explictly limited by the rules - just the generation of new points. The endgame does need to be more specific. Do we want to end it all, kick the winner out, allow them to start thier own nomic game within the nomic game, reset the winner's status and make them win again, or any number of other things?