News:

You have made a powerful enemy today, stop sign.

Main Menu

Aftermath

Started by Brian, April 22, 2005, 02:05:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brian

Nathan shortly finds a flashlight, which spreads welcome visibility on the immediate viscinity.  You appear to be in some sort of mine, next to a shaft leading deeper.  In fact, to Bjorn and Nathan, this place looks very familiar....

Noise can be heard from opposite the mineshaft.  It sounds like a steadily whirring fan.  Light glints off of something metalic on the dirt floor, and after a quick informal survey, Durant is nowhere visible.
I handle other fanfic authors Nanoha-style.  Grit those teeth!  C&C incoming!
Prepare to be befriended!

~exploding tag~

Bjorn

Bending down, Bjorn examines the metallic item on the ground.  "Well," he says quietly, "at least we don't have to take the plane back to New Delphi."

In the Dream, the mists reach around to touch the still statue that represent Lazarus.  Lazarus?  Are you there?

Dracos

"hum?  So we ended up halfway across the world?  Or have you suddenly discovered teleportation?"

Dracos turned to Bjorn, who seemed to recognize the spot.

Dracos
Well, Goodbye.

Bjorn

"Unless I'm very mistaken, this is the mine outside New Delphi," Bjorn replies, still squinting at the ground.  "At a guess, Ezmereth decided to seperate us before any more unpleasantness occurred."

Dracos

"Probably wise.  Anyhow, you guys know the way outside?"  Dracos, rather than rapidly exploring, decided to just wait for those who already know the cave or mineshaft or whatever to lead.  "Best to get oriented with the world's events."

Dracos
Well, Goodbye.

Brian

I am here, comes Lazarus's reply after a moment.  He seems tired, like he's just woken up.  Are you returned?

The metallic glint on the ground is a broken bracelet.  It matches the ones everyone is wearing, except that yours don't have blood spattered on them.

~exploding tag~

Bjorn

Picking up the bracelet, Bjorn rises.  Yes, he says.  It would seem we're in the mine just outside the village.  He frowns, listening to the fan. Have you done any construction or the like down here?  I think I can hear something.

Out loud, he replies to Philip, "Yes.  Give me a second here, though.  I'm talking with Lazarus, and this place wasn't safe the last time we were here."

Dracos

Dracos nodded, keeping an eye out.

Dracos
Well, Goodbye.

Brian

That's where Victor still lives, Lazarus replies.  He also is the one who works the most with Relm....  And then not words, as much as images of a server room (assembled within the confines of the mine) come to mind.

~exploding tag~

Bjorn

Hm.  Can you give me a map, Lazarus?  Checking in with the Oracle might be a good first step.  In return, Bjorn projects an image of their current location, with the sounds of the fans to boot.

Brian

Lazaus's mental map shows the very linear route from the mineshaft to the server room, to the point where the corridor branches, to the outside.

~exploding tag~

Bjorn

Thanks, Lazarus.  I'll let you get back to sleep now.  See you soon.  He hesitates, then.  Actually... what's the date now?

Brian

July second, Lazarus replies.  If you come into town, I'll have tea ready.

~exploding tag~

Bjorn

Right after we speak with the Oracle, Bjorn promises.

"All right," Bjorn says, "this way.  They've set up a server room for Relm down here, so we'll stop by and visit her first."

With that, he sets off, leading the way.

Dracos

"Sounds good to me."

Dracos and the others follow~!

Dracos
Well, Goodbye.