News:

"Destiny Challenged us and so we chose to end the world.  There was nothing to regret.  Nothing."

Main Menu

The Man They Call Shan

Started by Kwokinator, June 12, 2005, 06:34:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Edward

Zhu-Lin frowns, obviously puzzled.  "I did not speak of revenge, and it is not a road I intend to travel.  But if what I have heard of the Ming Sect is true, it will take more than mere words for them to stop their outrages."
If you see Vampire Hikaru Shidou, it is Fox.  No one else does that.  You need no other evidence." - Dracos

"Huh? Which rant?" - Gary

"Do not taunt Happy Fun Servitor of the Outer Gods with your ineffective Thompson Submachine Gun." - grimjack

Kwokinator

"You may not have spoken of revenge," the monk replied. "But revenge will find you.  Even the most evil of people have families, many have wives or children.  You kill them, their families will relentless sought revenge against you, and if you have a family of your own, they will sought revenge, and the cycle goes on."

A man with a medium-sized chest walked over to the table and placed the chest on the it.

"I managed to get many people to donate for your cause," he said to the Shaolin monks. "This is the least we can do, we try to help you to help the world instead of nagging and taking on something we can't take on ourselves."

He gave Zhu-Lin the eye, then turned to walk back to the table.

Edward

"So you advise doing nothing and letting the evil men continue to do evil things?" Zhi-Lin asks, obviously bewildered.  "But I had been told the Shaolin monks helped people."

He glance briefly at the chest when it is placed on the table, then speaks in a softer voice.  "If this contains what I believe it does, it may not be safe to show it about so prominantly.  Some of the people about might be impelled by greed."
If you see Vampire Hikaru Shidou, it is Fox.  No one else does that.  You need no other evidence." - Dracos

"Do not taunt Happy Fun Servitor of the Outer Gods with your ineffective Thompson Submachine Gun." - grimjack

Kwokinator

"Amitapha," the monk replied curteously. "As you say, we should not stand by and do nothing.  But violence is not the answer, it will only lead to more violence and bloodshed.  We try to enlighten them on the Buddhist ways and steer them away from violence."

"And do not worry about the chest," the monk waved off Zhu-Lin's concern. "It's safe with us."

Edward

"Very well then, I thank you for taking the time to speak with me."  Zhu-Lin sit back down at his table and watches and listens to the other people some more.

Kwokinator

Suddenly, someone bursts up from his seat and flew towards the Shaolin monk, his right hand outstretched, intent on grabbing the chest full of money.  The monk held out an open palm, palm faced upwards, then tucks his middle finger under his thumb, and flicks the man at the wrist with the middle finger.  That small attack is enough to deflect the grab and cause the man to spin in the air.  Although the man is apparently no slouch himself, and immediately spins more to execute a backfist to the side of the monk's face.

The monk reaches up and grabs down on the man's wrist, and swings his arm and releases the wrist, making the man fly to the far wall.  The man doesn't give up, however, and rebounces off the wall with both feet, two open-palmed attacks ready against the Shaolin monk.  The monk meet the attack head on with two open palms of his own, and the attacker is sent flipping through the air, barely landing on his feet and stumbling backwards several steps.

Knowing the monk is beyond his league, he gives up and leaves in a huff as the monk politely bowed.

Every occupant in the room cheers and applauses for the skill displayed by the Shaolin monk.

Edward

OOC:  Hey, Kwok's still alive.

Zhu-Lin addresses the monk.  "As you said, it is quite safe.  That was most impressive."

OOC:  How does either man's skill compare with Zhu-Lin's?

Kwokinator

OOC:  Of course I'm alive.  Plenty of people have unsuccessfully tried to get rid of me.  Just ask around ^^

IC:  The monk simply smiles and bows to Zhu-Lin.

"Although money is but unnecessary trivialties, this is going to a greater cause, else I would have simply handed it to him."

OOC:  Let's just say that they can kick your ass ^_^;

The monk is definitely way out of your league, he can channel enough ki to deflect a lunging punch with a flick of the finger.  The would-be robber, well, the first part of the fight you can keep up with, but you probably can't keep up with the second part, after he's flung at the wall and rebounces ^_^

Edward

"You would have handed it to him in spite of the rude manner in which he requested it?"  Zhu-Lin smiles.   "How will he ever learn proper manners?"

Zhu-Lin sits back down, continuing to watch and listen to the other customers.  While he does so, he ponders on the way the would-be thief's leaping abilitiy exceeded his own and resolves to practice when an opprtunity permits.

Kwokinator

"Amitapha, money is but unnecessary trivialties, it is not worth anyone risking bodily harm over," the monk replies, nodding. "Although I try to refrain from harming, one never knows how a confrontation would play out, therefore it is better to stop a confrontation before it occurs."

Edward

"I suspect our mighty and exalted waiter will disagree with the triviality of money when it comes time to pay for a meal," Zhu-Lin replies with a smile.  "And it seems to me that, like you, no sensible person would risk injury to obtian something as unimportant as money."

Kwokinator

"Amitapha," the monk smiled and bowed, paying no attention to the apparent sarcasm. "Money is only desired by those who have not cleansed their minds of earthly dealings, and that is the reason I seek to help them achieve enlightenment; no enlightened person desire any money or such materials."

Edward

"So it is impossible for a waiter to become enlightened?" Zhu-Lin asks.

Kwokinator

"Anyone can be enlightened," the monk replies. "That is the way of the Buddha, all can be enlightened."

Edward

Zhu-Lin smiles faintly, uncertain if his attempt at a joke failed to to his lack of  skill or the poor choice of audience.

"Truly anyone can be enlightened?" he asks the monk,"Even those who have done the worst of deeds?"