What are you reading?

Started by Dracos, June 20, 2005, 03:55:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dracos

Oh, I enjoyed Uprooted too.  It did need to be continued further though.
Well, Goodbye.

Brian

Fine, then.

Rosario + Vampire fic.  Tsukune/Moka/Kurumu/Inner Moka/Mizore.

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/5430345/1/Out_of_Nightmares

I found it actually surprisingly good, if it does tend to dive into the angst.  I can forgive that for the ending (don't forget to read the sequel), personally, but I'm aware that both heavy angst and tenchi solutions/harem ends are very much ymmv issues, so....

...also, someone else post a rec or an update next. :p

If anyone's paying attention, Time Braid seems to have gotten back into a good place, and IIRC, we should see the final bits posted Friday next week.
I handle other fanfic authors Nanoha-style.  Grit those teeth!  C&C incoming!
Prepare to be befriended!

~exploding tag~

Dracos

Yeah, Time Braid has  become not bad again :)
Well, Goodbye.

Jason_Miao

Quote from: Dracos on May 11, 2011, 09:23:06 PM
That's the only biscuit fic in existance?
I remember reading another, once.

But it was not memorable, and I wouldn't know how to find it.

Dracos

Shame at lack of biscuit! ;_;
Well, Goodbye.

Anastasia

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/778579/1/

I read the first chapter and I'm not sure what the fuck. I want to know who that is and why he's calling himself Ranma.

Edit: This entire thing is surreal nonsense. What the fuck?
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Brian

~exploding tag~

Anastasia

I can buy Ranma's intelligent. His learning speed is shown to be crazy fast, and his school problems can be written off to being impossibly behind in school plus not caring. The rest of this? Nooooot so much.
<Afina> Forever.

Brian

~exploding tag~

thepanda

Quote from: Anastasia on May 15, 2011, 01:41:28 PM
I can buy Ranma's intelligent. His learning speed is shown to be crazy fast, and his school problems can be written off to being impossibly behind in school plus not caring. The rest of this? Nooooot so much.

School problems? Didn't he only ever flunk one test (that was shown)? And they made a huge deal out of it?

Anastasia

Quite possibly, I freely admit I'm using a casual handwave there without checking sources or anything.
<Afina> Forever.

Brian

Quote from: thepanda on May 15, 2011, 03:14:22 PMSchool problems? Didn't he only ever flunk one test (that was shown)? And they made a huge deal out of it?
Everyone else makes a big deal out of it; Ranma's largely indifferent.  IIRC, it's something like ... he fights off people mostly because he wants to know what he got, not that he really cares about it.  Everyone else then starts this game of keep-away and then eventually, somehow it gets blown across japan, and some reporter in a distant corner of the country finds it and posts it on national television (I think it was like ... 58 or so).  I think he was annoyed that it was being spread around so much (and would get back to his mom) but didn't seem to _really_ care about school in general, beyond the fact that he was told to go.

See also, the entire phoenix mountain arc (and the reasonable followup: Big Human on Campus, somewhat rerailing this thread. :3)

~exploding tag~

Anastasia

Tabula Rasa updated.

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/5308231/19/Tabula_Rasa

More filler, at least it finishes up a random derail with Ryoga, Akari and some thieves. I admit I skimmed it, as this isn't terribly interesting stuff. I'm still hoping this fic finds it's center again and gets back to things, rather than meandering along like it has for the last half dozen or more chapters.

On the flip side, Ozzallos updated. Unfortunately, it was a Naruto fic. Boo.
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

BONUS GAME!

This is the first paragraph of a fanfic I opened up. See how many things you can spot wrong with this!

Hitomi Hibiki sat in her Grandpa Happosai's room after the funeral, an aura of sadness hung over her home after...fresh tears sprang to her incandescent blue eyes when she thought about it. Hitomi was sixteen years old with long, black wavy hair with blue highlights that reached her mid back; tied up into a pigtail. Her hair matched both her father's. Ryoga's hair and her other father's, Ranma when he was in his 'daddy form.' Her figure was a younger version of her mother's buxom, curvy hourglass and she stood one inch taller then Ranma's 'mommy' form. She had subtle muscles and a firm body from years of doing martial arts as that was her family's trade. She was way advanced for her age and already teaching beginner's classes.

Edit: Link to the fic http://www.fanfiction.net/s/6275982/1/Time_Child

I'm reading it and alternating between laughing at the horrible execution or wincing at lines.
<Afina> Forever.

Brian

Gonna pass, based on that glorious tidbit....  Without checking, was the Ozellos Naruto fic that updated the one where
Spoiler: ShowHide
 interestingoriginal Naruto is replaced with "coolhardcore" older Naruto, who decides for the hell of it to pretend to be a girl and join ANBU, murdering/torturing as many of the original antagonists as possible on the way
?

Or some other fic?

~exploding tag~