News:

You have made a powerful enemy today, stop sign.

Main Menu

What are you reading?

Started by Dracos, June 20, 2005, 03:55:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anastasia

No idea, I don't follow Naruto. I'm just miffed he's not updating like half a dozen other fics. I did check the author's note in case it had news about other updates; it mentioned the next chapter is going to be mature/adult if that means anything to you.

BONUS CONTENT 2!

I couldn't make it past this line in the first chapter. This is Ranma's daughter trying to convince Ranma she's his daughter.

"I know many things about you, you hum... 'daydream believer' by The Monkees after you make love. I guess you don't know that yet" Hitomi said when his tomato-red face turned the colour of puce. "Your right knee always aches the day before it rains; your favourite colour is red..." she started and told him everything that she knew about him intimately.

I'm not going to think about how she knows that first one.
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

thepanda

incandescent blue eyes

incandescent blue eyes

incandescent blue eyes

Anastasia

"I can prove it!" Hitomi protested. "You have a birthmark on your right butt cheek that looks like a rabbit!" she said; getting up and pointing at the black haired Saotome.

Beat that.
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Brian

Quote from: Anastasia on May 16, 2011, 12:50:19 AM
No idea, I don't follow Naruto. I'm just miffed he's not updating like half a dozen other fics. I did check the author's note in case it had news about other updates; it mentioned the next chapter is going to be mature/adult if that means anything to you.
...nope.  No, it does not.

But thanks anyway. :p
I handle other fanfic authors Nanoha-style.  Grit those teeth!  C&C incoming!
Prepare to be befriended!

~exploding tag~

Jon

I wish to file a complaint with the management.

Dracos

Wot?

Also it was Tales of the Foxcat.  Basically a filler chapter with Ranma being challenged with 'Be mentally prepared for ninjas doing rape or we'll have to keep you off the field'.  It also covered Naruto Hiryuu shoten ha'ing Haku's ice mirrors.  Not bad, not good, just sort of 'story moving onward'.

More interested on where In Flight goes next really after Matsu's Folly.
Well, Goodbye.

Brian

Quote from: Dracos on May 16, 2011, 07:00:54 PMNot bad, not good, just sort of 'story moving onward'.
It bears repeating:

"We can't stop here, this is wave country!"

~exploding tag~

Dracos

...Well, they did fail to stop in wave country.

The entire wave arc was offscreened except for a short mention that "Naruto beat haku, and therefore Zabuza is curious who the hell trained someone who could beat Haku."
Well, Goodbye.

Brian

~exploding tag~

thepanda

FateBlack Reflection updated, if anyone is still reading it. I think I'm through with it. Feh.

Brian

What is up with that?  We find something worth following, it doesn't get abandoned, and just devolves into crap.

Thank you, Big Human on Campus, for holding up just as well through a re-read.  Though, I agree with Drac and feel a need to see more generic nice things happen to Kurumu....

~exploding tag~

thepanda

Quote from: Brian on May 18, 2011, 04:22:30 PM
What is up with that?  We find something worth following, it doesn't get abandoned, and just devolves into crap.

I'd say Series Bias + Slow Pacing? And Kurumu needs more love, period. Though Mizure is still my favorite.

Brian

I've read a surprising volume of Rosario++ fanfic, given that I've read none of the original series.  I have so far resisted the temptation to write a Rosario++ fic, but....

...I did link one back there where both Mizore and Kurumu win.  And yeah, some pink-haired girl, too.

~exploding tag~

thepanda

I'd say give it a read, for the artwork if nothing else. The whole thing is easy enough to find online, though I prefer buying the viz releases.

Brian

Yeah, but it sounds like it employs the worst of harem tropes, by-and-large.  Is it wrong to be totally over harem anime when First Girl Wins is basically graven in stone?  Meh; we're derailing this thread.

I'm reading this:

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/5463406/1/Like_True_Love_Like_Senshi

Right now, and I'm ... not very far into it or sure what to make of it.  Haruhi/Sailor Moon -- evidently the premise is that the girl Kyon knew in middle school was not Sasaki, but Ami ... and she comes to visit him.  I'll let you guys know how it turns out. o_o

Update: It turns out ... poorly.  Kyon evidently suddenly starts going crazy in his second years, because Ami instantly reappears in his memories, when he didn't care before.  Oh well.  Nothing like a crossover that solidifies the matchup before the characters spend time onscreen together.

~exploding tag~