News:

Populated by the admins and moderators of your other favorite sites!

Main Menu

What are you reading?

Started by Dracos, June 20, 2005, 03:55:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thepanda

I remember that one. It starts with one of the most annoying Naruto cliche's and never pulls itself above it.

thepanda

Jason_Miao

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/2663204/1/One-Hundred-Days

Reread it recently.  A sequel is still being written.

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/7870920/1/Honor-Thy-Masters

I almost wasn't going to read it because I'm unfamiliar with Bakemonogatari, and I disliked Kenchi because it was completely bland.  But then I remembered that Gabriel Blessing basically uses stories for character and background - not for any particular character and background, but just so that they have them.

Dracos

Yeah, curious where he's going to go with it.

I found both his Bakemonogatari stories more interesting than the actual anime, but then, the actual first season just kind of leaves the vampire girl as a non-entity.
Well, Goodbye.

Anastasia

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/7560531/8/Everything-and-Nothing

Everything and Nothing updated. It's Sage of Toad's crack at a ZnT fic, not to mention his least flawed story. It's generally fun and hasn't gone too far like BDSM or that Ranma fic of his.
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Dracos

Glanced over at Sage of Toads.  Read his rewrite of Reloaded.

For context, it's a Peggy Sue Shinji fic which has Shinji know the plot of Eva in tremendous detail and get military training beforehand.  The first asked for a lot of suspension of disbelief but was an amusing roller coaster.

This one just feels like it has no pacing.  It just feels like garbage.  Do not recommend. :(

Read the AMG fic "Haloes" which was enjoyable.  Seems to have a plot of "Belldandy gets locked away, Keiichi and Urd pick up the pieces and move on" with a subplot: "Btw, Human/Demon/God breeding is unethical, so we're gonna murder the kid".  It's delivered as a story to very unhappy Belldandy who was released 10 years into it.  Kinda neat, as a non-actiony romance story for the most part.
Well, Goodbye.

Merc

QuoteRead the AMG fic "Haloes" which was enjoyable.  Seems to have a plot of "Belldandy gets locked away, Keiichi and Urd pick up the pieces and move on" with a subplot: "Btw, Human/Demon/God breeding is unethical, so we're gonna murder the kid".  It's delivered as a story to very unhappy Belldandy who was released 10 years into it.  Kinda neat, as a non-actiony romance story for the most part.

I'd recommend -any- of Davner's AMG fics, not just Haloes.
<Cidward> God willing, we'll all meet in Buttquest 2: The Quest for More Butts.

Jason_Miao

I also rather like his Zombie-AMS fic.  Silly, but then again, so is AMS.

Yuthirin

What if they're not stars at all? What if the night sky is full of titanic far-off lidless eyes, staring in all directions across eternity?

Dracos

Mmm, amusing :)

Always good seeing some BHoC
Well, Goodbye.

Brian

Ah ... BHoC was good.  I really liked that chapter.

I maintain that BHoC is an RSE done right.
I handle other fanfic authors Nanoha-style.  Grit those teeth!  C&C incoming!
Prepare to be befriended!

~exploding tag~

Dracos

Indeed.

It's...the best active Ranma fanfic on the web at the moment I think?  Would any contest?  :)
Well, Goodbye.

Dracos

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/6372400/1/Chaos-Theory new chapter.  Reread all of it.  Still kinda cool, if short chapter'd and a bit slow.  It's a fate story where Shirou ends up showing kindness to Ilya before their normal first violent encounter. Ilya's perception gets twisted a bit, and things go off the rails in fairly believable ways.  Zouken ends up providing a villain.  Rin/Shirou team-up doesn't occur since there's no obvious super-threat early on of berserker.  Latest chapter is basically: Good things happen to those who try and do good.  Also, Gilgamesh doesn't believe in that rule.

Also read some Nanoha/Slayers fic of 600k words.  Got like 2 chapters in before just getting tired of the mary sue with Lina's name on it and quiting. :(

Also read some Best Laid Plans by Arun.  Glanced actually just at the most recent chapter, and couldn't really recognize Naruto and the setup just seemed too...Original Setting style.  So I tossed that out.
Well, Goodbye.

alethiophile

Chaos Theory is cool.

On a related note, Infinity by the same author just recently updated. That's a Nanoha fic set after A's. Quite good.