News:

"Why do you call it soulriders?"
"Because we grind your souls, hopes, and dreams down ... and ride the wave."

Main Menu

What are you reading?

Started by Dracos, June 20, 2005, 03:55:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thepanda

I remember that one. It starts with one of the most annoying Naruto cliche's and never pulls itself above it.

thepanda

Jason_Miao

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/2663204/1/One-Hundred-Days

Reread it recently.  A sequel is still being written.

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/7870920/1/Honor-Thy-Masters

I almost wasn't going to read it because I'm unfamiliar with Bakemonogatari, and I disliked Kenchi because it was completely bland.  But then I remembered that Gabriel Blessing basically uses stories for character and background - not for any particular character and background, but just so that they have them.

Dracos

Yeah, curious where he's going to go with it.

I found both his Bakemonogatari stories more interesting than the actual anime, but then, the actual first season just kind of leaves the vampire girl as a non-entity.
Well, Goodbye.

Anastasia

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/7560531/8/Everything-and-Nothing

Everything and Nothing updated. It's Sage of Toad's crack at a ZnT fic, not to mention his least flawed story. It's generally fun and hasn't gone too far like BDSM or that Ranma fic of his.
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Dracos

Glanced over at Sage of Toads.  Read his rewrite of Reloaded.

For context, it's a Peggy Sue Shinji fic which has Shinji know the plot of Eva in tremendous detail and get military training beforehand.  The first asked for a lot of suspension of disbelief but was an amusing roller coaster.

This one just feels like it has no pacing.  It just feels like garbage.  Do not recommend. :(

Read the AMG fic "Haloes" which was enjoyable.  Seems to have a plot of "Belldandy gets locked away, Keiichi and Urd pick up the pieces and move on" with a subplot: "Btw, Human/Demon/God breeding is unethical, so we're gonna murder the kid".  It's delivered as a story to very unhappy Belldandy who was released 10 years into it.  Kinda neat, as a non-actiony romance story for the most part.
Well, Goodbye.

Merc

QuoteRead the AMG fic "Haloes" which was enjoyable.  Seems to have a plot of "Belldandy gets locked away, Keiichi and Urd pick up the pieces and move on" with a subplot: "Btw, Human/Demon/God breeding is unethical, so we're gonna murder the kid".  It's delivered as a story to very unhappy Belldandy who was released 10 years into it.  Kinda neat, as a non-actiony romance story for the most part.

I'd recommend -any- of Davner's AMG fics, not just Haloes.
<Cidward> God willing, we'll all meet in Buttquest 2: The Quest for More Butts.

Jason_Miao

I also rather like his Zombie-AMS fic.  Silly, but then again, so is AMS.

Yuthirin

What if they're not stars at all? What if the night sky is full of titanic far-off lidless eyes, staring in all directions across eternity?

Dracos

Mmm, amusing :)

Always good seeing some BHoC
Well, Goodbye.

Brian

Ah ... BHoC was good.  I really liked that chapter.

I maintain that BHoC is an RSE done right.
I handle other fanfic authors Nanoha-style.  Grit those teeth!  C&C incoming!
Prepare to be befriended!

~exploding tag~

Dracos

Indeed.

It's...the best active Ranma fanfic on the web at the moment I think?  Would any contest?  :)
Well, Goodbye.

Dracos

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/6372400/1/Chaos-Theory new chapter.  Reread all of it.  Still kinda cool, if short chapter'd and a bit slow.  It's a fate story where Shirou ends up showing kindness to Ilya before their normal first violent encounter. Ilya's perception gets twisted a bit, and things go off the rails in fairly believable ways.  Zouken ends up providing a villain.  Rin/Shirou team-up doesn't occur since there's no obvious super-threat early on of berserker.  Latest chapter is basically: Good things happen to those who try and do good.  Also, Gilgamesh doesn't believe in that rule.

Also read some Nanoha/Slayers fic of 600k words.  Got like 2 chapters in before just getting tired of the mary sue with Lina's name on it and quiting. :(

Also read some Best Laid Plans by Arun.  Glanced actually just at the most recent chapter, and couldn't really recognize Naruto and the setup just seemed too...Original Setting style.  So I tossed that out.
Well, Goodbye.

alethiophile

Chaos Theory is cool.

On a related note, Infinity by the same author just recently updated. That's a Nanoha fic set after A's. Quite good.