News:

Game for the gaming god; co-op for the entertainment couch!

Main Menu

What are you reading?

Started by Dracos, June 20, 2005, 03:55:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anastasia

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/3505392/14/

Hell is a Martial Artist updated.

Spoiler: ShowHide
Nabiki being dealt with is the main event. The AN at the end sums up the situation and the problems inherent with it. I don't think there was any way to elegantly do torturing Nabiki and yes, I'm aware of how fucked up a comment that is. It's about as much justice as Nabiki could hope for with how she tremendously fucked up. It more or less had to happen from a narrative viewpoint, and I think that it's also a character growth moment for several people. This includes Hild; it's looking like Kami-sama intends for him to soften Hild and serve as a counterbalance.

The rest of the chapter's okay. Sorting out who remembers Ranma and who doesn't needed to happen too. I'm surprised Nodoka doesn't but everyone else makes sense.
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Ebiris

Harry Potter and the Natural 20 updated.

Bellatrix is in D&D-land, and for all Milo's been able to take advantage of being an out of context problem for the Harry Potter characters, Bella looks to be giving the D&D characters even more grief.

Anastasia

Quote from: Ebiris on June 27, 2013, 07:41:48 PM
Harry Potter and the Natural 20 updated.

Bellatrix is in D&D-land, and for all Milo's been able to take advantage of being an out of context problem for the Harry Potter characters, Bella looks to be giving the D&D characters even more grief.

I don't read Harry Potter fanfics, but I clicked on the link and saw the author's note at the end. Hehehhehehehehheh. Does he do those a lot? That amused me.
<Afina> Forever.

Ebiris

The D&D tip bits are recent, but there's various notes on mechanics and their applications to the story throughout the story's author notes.

Yuthirin

It's a fun story to read, if only for the creative ways he applies the Wizard class to 'reality'
What if they're not stars at all? What if the night sky is full of titanic far-off lidless eyes, staring in all directions across eternity?

Kt3

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/7287278/1/Harry-Potter-and-the-Forests-of-Valbon%C3%AB

This just finished.  Rather good story too.  I'd rather not go too much into it because I fear I would not do it justice.

edit: superlate typo fix.  Shows me not to post on my phone.
I think we live our lives in other people's hearts and minds. Alone by ourselves we're not very much good at all. But when we let someone else in with their stories and all their sights and sounds and songs and smells and sensations, we suddenly start filling our shelves and boxes with books and books of them and building up our libraries.

Anastasia

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/9450132/1/Of-Evil-and-Entropy

Kirei Kotomine meets Kyuubey. Shenanigans ensue over spicy tofu. A fun one-shot.
<Afina> Forever.

Ebiris

Child of the Emperor

So long as you can accept the conceit that a repentant Traitor Marine from one of the more infamous Chaos Legions can be given even five seconds to demonstrate his good intentions before getting blammed, this is a really good 40k fic. It's quite refreshing in its way since while it makes no bones about the Imperium being terrible, it's also filled with lots of pretty decent people, with the Space Marines being presented as pretty reasonable in turn. On the other hand few punches are pulled in regards to Chaos (it earns its M rating with descriptions of what happens when a demon of Slannesh is being summoned on an Imperial resort). Worth a read if you'd like some optimism to go with your Grimdark.

Brian

Read this fic:

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/4119917/8/Hakumei

It's actually semi-okay.  I will point out that I'm linking chapter eight instead of chapter one because the fic works better that way.  The premise is crazy, and the justification for it does more harm to the story than good ... so just jump into part two, which is post-prologue.

You miss very little, and it's worth what you do miss. :|
I handle other fanfic authors Nanoha-style.  Grit those teeth!  C&C incoming!
Prepare to be befriended!

~exploding tag~

Jason_Miao

I've read that one.  The writer barely posts anymore, so I suspect that this is all there will ever be of the fic.

I'm in complete agreement about skipping the first part (although I'd probably suggest reading the very first chapter just for the necessary background info).

lolipettanko

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/8971041/1/Steal-My-Thunder-God

Updated. I haven't seen it mentioned here, so I'll start by giving the premise. It's another one of those timetravel fics with Naruto mucking up Hiraishin and blasting himself back in time. He gets thrown back to the final hours of the fourth's reign. Surprisingly well done considering Naruto's probably coming into this replacing the fourth instead of being a helpful spectator as is the usual case. It's fairly new, so most of the recent canon developments are taken into account.

Interesting fun stuff.
"Those who show others the way must not avert their eyes from the weight of responsibility."

Brian

I tend to enjoy Peggy Sues.  I'll give it a shot.

~exploding tag~

Dracos

Interesting.  *nods, having consumed it*
Well, Goodbye.

Kt3

I'll give it a shot as well.

If you don't mind, though, could you please edit that link so it doesn't point to ff.net's mobile version of the site?  Replacing the "m" with "www" should be all that's needed.

It's not really a big thing, but I just like the consistency.  :)
I think we live our lives in other people's hearts and minds. Alone by ourselves we're not very much good at all. But when we let someone else in with their stories and all their sights and sounds and songs and smells and sensations, we suddenly start filling our shelves and boxes with books and books of them and building up our libraries.

Brian

http://fanfiction.net/s/8971041/1/Steal-My-Thunder-God

Wasn't really sure why it was a mobile link in the first place....  Then again, I'm old fashioned, and use my phone mostly as a communication device. >_>

~exploding tag~