News:

"It occured to me while drunk, so it must have been genius."

Main Menu

What are you reading?

Started by Dracos, June 20, 2005, 03:55:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

alethiophile

That thing is fun. There are more chapters up in the Spacebattles thread, but to read that you have to go to Spacebattles. Which...may or may not be worth it. <_<

Arakawa

Quote from: Anastasia on November 10, 2013, 10:47:08 PM
Ranma 1/2 and ZnT crossover. Ryouga's summoned by Louise, Ranma ends up in Diablo-verse Hell and shenanigans are happening with Nabiki and Shampoo. I'm not sure what the hell's going on, but there's some odd plot afoot. Worth a look, I'd say, though it's still early on.

Neat. Ryoga makes a more likable protagonist than I'd usually expect, since so much of canon and fanon alike is spent playing him up as the buffoon next to Ranma.

I have to admit, I felt really bad for chuckling at Ryoga thinking Belgians are found in Africa o_o;

Quote from: alethiophile on November 13, 2013, 05:12:08 PM
That thing is fun. There are more chapters up in the Spacebattles thread, but to read that you have to go to Spacebattles. Which...may or may not be worth it. <_<

<insert rant about SB authors who write chapters one paragraph at a time interspersed with dozens of irrelevant comments on a forum thread>
That the dead tree with its scattered fruit, a thousand times may live....

---

Man was made for Joy & Woe / And when this we rightly know / Thro the World we safely go / Joy & Woe are woven fine / A Clothing for the soul divine / Under every grief & pine / Runs a joy with silken twine
(from Wm. Blake)

Yuthirin

SB has its pros and cons. Some enjoyable fics are posted there (Overlady, etc.), but yes. The randomoscity is sometimes difficult to wade through.
What if they're not stars at all? What if the night sky is full of titanic far-off lidless eyes, staring in all directions across eternity?

Anastasia

That and the lag. I don't personally care for the forum anyway (don't like the board culture and the post spamming is one reason why), but that's a huge hassle. The threads I keep up with there I skim everything but posts by the author. Unfortunately, it's where a lot of good authors are right now.
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Ergoemos

What's an SB board/forum? I am not as internet savvy as I once was. Something like the MSPA forums?
Battle not with stupid, lest ye become stupid, and if you gaze into the Internet, the Internet gazes also into you.
-R. K. Milholland

Anastasia

Spacebattles.com. It has a big creative writing forum with a lot of authors. The ZnT fanfic fad started there, as is a current upswing in Worm fanfics. Opinions about the site vary considerably and it's not for everyone, even with the stories there.
<Afina> Forever.

Yuthirin

Waitwaitwait, what the hell is a Worm fanfic?
What if they're not stars at all? What if the night sky is full of titanic far-off lidless eyes, staring in all directions across eternity?

Anastasia

<Afina> Forever.

Ergoemos

Quote from: Anastasia on November 14, 2013, 11:27:46 AM
http://parahumans.wordpress.com/table-of-contents/

Fanfics of this, a web novel named Worm.

Actually, for what it is worth, the source for the fanfics, Worm, its really well written. Its dark and grim as heck, but smart with superpowers and unique with direction. I never once groaned because some overused trope was once again used as expected.

Its nearly finished now too, so if you want an expansive world with 1.5 million words to its count, its worth a look.

Can't say much for the fanfics though. I might look again when the original work is complete next week.
Battle not with stupid, lest ye become stupid, and if you gaze into the Internet, the Internet gazes also into you.
-R. K. Milholland

Anastasia

Yeah. I don't like Worm and I feel it's a deeply flawed story, but I do agree it's well written and well done. It's more of an author style thing than anything else. I think I prefer Worm for fanfic bait than anything else. The world's really rich and developed.

I guess I admire it from a technical and worldbuilding point while disliking the actual story.
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/8162862/79/Bringer-of-Death

Bringer of Death updated. It's a short status report, but at least the fic's getting going. Unfortunately, those specials seem to have gotten borked by the co-author leaving. Too bad. I'm still fairly down on the story with how they handled the end of the Cell arc, but I was interested in the specials.
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/6789454/1/For-Want-of-a-War

What if Balbanes survived and Ramza's life story became a harem comedy instead? That's the premise of this fic. It's a fun little fic from the author of Forcibly United. It's fun stuff, especially how the world of FFT completely derails in a softer sort of way.
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

http://www.fukufics.com/viewtopic.php?f=55&t=7714

DK:A updated. The link's to a temporary upload since the Addventure's having technical problems. Ami's entire position fucking sucks and she knows it. It feels like Ami's running ragged again and I suspect this dwarf invasion may bring some things to a peak - that or Kunzite shows up to throw a wrench into both side's plans.
<Afina> Forever.

Jason_Miao

Heh.  It's been so long since the last post that I'd forgotten that Kunzite was lurking in the background.

A Ranma fic I'd thought had been posted here earlier by someone else,  but a forum search didn't yield anything.

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/2475280/1/Gesundheit

Yuthirin

You ever remember reading a story in your youth and thinking MAN THIS IS GREAT STUFF and then you go back to read it and OH GOD WHAT THE HELL WAS WRONG WITH ME THIS IS SHIT

This just happened to me.