Main Menu

What are you reading?

Started by Dracos, June 20, 2005, 03:55:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dracos

Well, Goodbye.

Yuthirin

Quote from: Dracos on October 25, 2016, 10:13:05 PM
https://forums.spacebattles.com/threads/centipede-worm-tokyo-ghoul.431353/ - some excellent post leviathan scenes.  A very adaptive cauldron.

Spoiler: ShowHide
Eidolon was written really well, I felt.

The bit with the Eligor & Valefor was nice. Someone finally has a sensible reaction to the Fallen. Amazing.
What if they're not stars at all? What if the night sky is full of titanic far-off lidless eyes, staring in all directions across eternity?

Jason_Miao

Quote from: Yuthirin on October 26, 2016, 05:09:40 PM

The bit with the Eligor & Valefor was nice. Someone finally has a sensible reaction to the Fallen. Amazing.

"Cannibalism: The sensible choice."

Dracos

Well, Goodbye.

Yuthirin

Quote from: Jason_Miao on October 26, 2016, 05:49:15 PM
Quote from: Yuthirin on October 26, 2016, 05:09:40 PM

"Cannibalism: The sensible choice."

It's Worm; the sensible choice is rarely palatable. Immediately ambushing the Fallen as they entered the city and removing Valefor's eyes was what I was referring to, really. >_>
What if they're not stars at all? What if the night sky is full of titanic far-off lidless eyes, staring in all directions across eternity?

Anastasia

https://forums.spacebattles.com/threads/glassmaker-worm.433391/page-20#post-27535110

Glassmaker finished.

It's okay for what it is. I won't pretend this is some great story, but it's an interesting piece with its own odd tone. It works if you accept it for what it is. If you can't or won't, it's probably a waste of time for you.
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

thepanda

Quote from: Anastasia on October 31, 2016, 02:30:47 PM
https://forums.spacebattles.com/threads/glassmaker-worm.433391/page-20#post-27535110

Glassmaker finished.

It's okay for what it is. I won't pretend this is some great story, but it's an interesting piece with its own odd tone. It works if you accept it for what it is. If you can't or won't, it's probably a waste of time for you.

I liked it. Weird. but not offensively so.

Rukatin

I'm going to need your signature for the metric ton of whoop-ass you're about to receive.

"A 'Cult'? Such disrespect for other people's beliefs."
"You enslave minds!"
"And I believe that's okay."

Dracos

Well, Goodbye.

Anastasia

Cool. I'll take a look and offer some critique at some point soon. I have it open in a tab but I have some things to do first.
<Afina> Forever.

Dracos

Quote from: Anastasia on October 31, 2016, 02:30:47 PM

Glassmaker finished.

It was enjoyable to read, but yeah, requires starting very AU.  Whatever subtle 'go be combaty/experimenty' drive seems to be missing.  There's basically a non-presences of any of the gang capes at any time in the story.  Taylor is super hippie (with basically mega-brute levels too) who is never pushed on it at all.  I think she may be supposed to have second-triggered early, to explain the super-hippie angle, but basically it's suggested that there are two powerful capes which, outside of the PRT offering a job to Taylor, don't even get bothered or have to interact with the troublesome parts of the very broken city.  The primary 'conflict' is Emma, but even that is very one-sided.
Well, Goodbye.

Anastasia

https://forums.spacebattles.com/threads/copacetic-worm.283578/page-559#post-27682872

Copacetic updated. Don't read the spoiler until you've read the chapter, it's a big one.

[spoiler]

I'll be honest, the last few chapters haven't done much for me. Things finally get moving again this chapter, big time. Lisa showing up, the Simurgh getting involved and Tales cutting off Taylor's power at the end and possibly making her go Khepri? Wow.
<Afina> Forever.

Dracos

Re: Copaetic

Yeah, the last chapter particularly was...felt like kinda crap.  Foreshadowed Lisa, working with Simurgh?  What?  How?  That's not coherent to me all that much.  Undersiders weren't together anyway at the end of that to be ruling some pocket earth.   Over half the chapter was focused on an emotional challenge that basically was rendered irrelevant before the end of the chapter.   Lisa just 'appears', despite Taylor supposedly being basically omniscent in a sense (and having a reason to keep an eye out).

Tales particularly spends the whole chapter communicating like a crippled parrot.  Perhaps to phone in that she's been the 'friendly' part of queen administrator the whole time?  I don't know, but it all felt weird, and frankly, the 'oh they're like starfish and grow out of shards seems pretty 'you always lose, even if you win' in theme.

I think it has felt weird since just after the opener of the teaching chapter.
Well, Goodbye.

Rukatin

So what do you guys think of my Fanfic? I know it's just getting started, but I'd love to hear your thoughts and opinions.
I'm going to need your signature for the metric ton of whoop-ass you're about to receive.

"A 'Cult'? Such disrespect for other people's beliefs."
"You enslave minds!"
"And I believe that's okay."

Anastasia

Quote from: Rukatin on November 05, 2016, 01:07:34 AM
So what do you guys think of my Fanfic? I know it's just getting started, but I'd love to hear your thoughts and opinions.

It's first fic-y. Storytelling issues but you're clearly putting an effort in, so keep writing. Best way to improve.

<Afina> Forever.