News:

No longer content with mere attendance, the middle-class suburban poseurs have begun to put their hands in the air and wave them like they just don't care

Main Menu

Origin Arc: It All Starts Here

Started by Bjorn, July 18, 2005, 05:19:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brian

William considers his options briefly.  As a card-carrying member (and president!) of the Blue-Shield Fanclub, he can't help but think that he should do something to help.

Then again, section seven of the F.A.Q. (How To Avoid Becoming a Hostage While Emulating Your Hero) advises against this.

"I'm not sure," William whispers back.  "He's not completely out of it.  We can probably talk to him.  One of us maybe distract him, make sure everyone else gets away ... or smack him from behind."
I handle other fanfic authors Nanoha-style.  Grit those teeth!  C&C incoming!
Prepare to be befriended!

~exploding tag~

Dracos

"Distract...hmm...I might be able to do something.  Especially if someone answers him to keep him quiet..."  David stayed low, checking his pockets for the trinkets he normally keeps around for small tricks, palming a card in one hand and a small mirror in the other and drawing them out while staying low to the ground with the others.  Keeping an eye on Tingle while Tingle was looking up around for the sound of the approaching Sirens.

David began gesturing in archaic fashions on the ground, the mirror being moved to point at a couple of students at the edge of the group, chanting as low as he was able as unlike usual he was trying not to get Tingle's attention.  Mere moments later, there were an extra two students, seeming to be copies of the two he had been 'mirroring' there as he remained low, keeping his eyes on Tingle.

As Tingle's attention shifted back to the students, the two 'new' students got up and tried to make a run for it past tingle through the open wall, both heading down into the school noisely yelling for help.

Dracos
OOC:
Power Skill: Magic, Roll Needed: 16-
[12:18] <Dracos> roll 3d6
[12:18] * Hatbot --> "Dracos rolls 3d6 and gets 10." [3d6=3, 3, 4]

Pass by 6.  Using "Images" Sight and Sound to replicate two students getting up and running off, full sense groups affected.
Well, Goodbye.

Bjorn

OOC: Simon and William both see all of this, from David casting the spell to the illusions of the two kids appearing.  If you want to write your reaction, please do so now -- feel free to write Tingle's actions if appropriate (though I may edit, of course).  If neither Brian nor Hal post in the next twenty-four hours or so, this post will change to an IC post.

Brian

William blinks, and then stares at the illusory kids who made for the exit.  The tea-- err....  The supervillain gawped and trembled with rage.  "You will be respecting the Tingly Might!" he exclaimed.

Shaking his head, William tries to remember.  Did they actually form a plan, or did the phantom kids just pop up?  Well, not much for it.  Once their foe's back is turned, William starts trying to gesture people out behind the enraged teacher, prepared to start yelling if further distractions become neccesary.
I handle other fanfic authors Nanoha-style.  Grit those teeth!  C&C incoming!
Prepare to be befriended!

~exploding tag~

Dracos

David stands slowly, keeping focused on maintaining the illusions distracting as long as possible and moving with the rest out of the room.

Dracos
Well, Goodbye.

Halbarad

Simon nodded to the other two as they made their exit with the rest of the kids, determined to hold up the rear.
I am a terrible person.
Excellent Youkai.

Bjorn

"Detentions!" Tingle shrieks, hopping futilely from foot to foot, his attention focussed entirely on David's illusions.  "Detentions!  Get back!  Or I will be... wait, yes, I can be doing more than the detentions!  I am with the forgetting of this.  This is the mighty hand of Tingle!"

Blindingly white, a bolt leaps out of Tingle's amulet, arcing and twisting through the air until it cuts right through David's illusions -- and keeps on going.

"No!" gasps Tingle, and he turns.  His eyes widen as he sees the students escaping (only about a third have actually gotten out of the classroom at this point; the others have only just managed to get to their feet and start heading groggily to the door), and he sputters incoherently.

Halbarad

"Run!" Simon shouted. With a grimace, he turned towards the teacher-turned-villain, focusing on the computers on either side of 'Tingle' and willing their complete destruction. Come on, this had better work...!
I am a terrible person.
Excellent Youkai.

Dracos

David moved swiftly, trying to get out with his peers now that the illusions had failed, not really desiring to get into a fight with a moron tossing bolts with the police so near.

Dracos
Well, Goodbye.

Bjorn

Any questions that the lessons learned in school might not hold significance in real life are laid to rest for Simon, as he learns that his power is influenced by his emotional state.  The urgency of his command causes the computers he targets to leap to obey, exploding in the smoking and shrapnel-producing way that only an over-driven CRT can accomplish.

Not to be left out, the computers in the rest of the lab join in.

And, with only a second's hesitation, so does, apparently, every other electrical device attached to the school's power grid.

Through the sudden, smoke-filled darkness, laden with the ozone stench of incipient electrical fires, you can hear, faintly.  "Oh, the Mighty Tingle does not know his own might!"

Dracos

David stared a bit briefly at the destruction wrought, a slight 'woah' escaping his lips before he moved to grab Simon and drag him quickly towards the exit from the smoke filled room.  Hopefully those closing sirens would blame this all on Tingle and they could get out of here.

Assuming the nearby thuds of Tingle's heavy feet didn't merit him catching them first.

David hurriedly moved to get the two of them out of the building, hoping the smoke would cover them both escaping and breaking off from the crowd.

Dracos
Well, Goodbye.

Halbarad

Simon just allowed himself to be dragged, his feet jogging along behind David of their own accord - certainly not under any instructions from his brain.

No way... I just did all THAT? I mean, I thought it might do something, but GEEZ...
I am a terrible person.
Excellent Youkai.

Bjorn

The sirens have gotten louder, and you can hear what sounds like someone on a loudspeaker, though the words are muffled by the walls.

The walls and the crowd around you, that is.  Panicking students streaming for the nearest exit are noisy -- perhaps not suprisingly.  But you know, you always sort of thought that in chaotic situations like this, it was supposed to feel like there were more people, not less...

"Wait!" William gasps, tugging at David's sleeve to slow him.  "Barry!  Barry's still back there!"

Dracos

"What, who?"  David turned a bit surprised at William, glancing back quickly down the path they had come from.

Dracos
Well, Goodbye.

Bjorn

"Barry!" William repeats, a little more urgently.  "He's on the football team, he's a nice guy... he's the one Mr. Una was threatening!  We... I... gotta do something!"

Simon remembers Barry -- a quiet linebacker, suprisingly good at mathematics.