News:

I have a dream that one day, men will be punched in the face not for the color of their skin, but for the awful content of their character.

Main Menu

A Bird and A Goon in the desert

Started by Dracos, July 20, 2005, 10:53:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Carthrat

"Then you must be tired of explaining things," says Mei-Ling, wearily. "Perhaps someone should scribe a scroll, with all the necessary details upon it, to lighten the loads of everyone."
[19:14] <Annerose> Aww, mouth not outpacing brain after all?
[19:14] <Candide> My brain caught up

Dracos

"mmm, possibly.  Anyhow, where were you from?"

Dracos
Well, Goodbye.

Carthrat

"Kara-Tur," replies Mei-Ling. "Far to the east of Faerun, if you have heard of it. I travel, everywhere I can go. This, however-" she laughs, shortly-  "seems a little further afield than I originally intended."

Dracos

"Well, yes it would be." He laughed.  "This is New Brunswick.  One of three cities one might say in the area.  North there's New Reno and Vault City.  How recently did you arrive in the Wastelands?"

Dracos
Well, Goodbye.

Carthrat

"Three days ago," replies Mei-Ling. "I was.. drawn.. here by some power, and found myself outside a black tower. Then I made my way here."

Mei-Ling shudders involuntarily at mention of the tower, not liking what she felt there at all.

Dracos

"You went near the tower?  Are you sure you are alright, miss?  Oh, forgive me, I'm Dr. Simmons, your name is?"

Dracos
Well, Goodbye.

Carthrat

"I was a little sick when I went near it, but I'm fine now," lies Mei-Ling, not willing to let on about the ominous feeling she retained since she left the tower. "And my name is Mei-Ling. Pleased to meet you."

Dracos

"Lucky.  We tend to stay away from there.  A group tried once a while back to explore it, but most of them didn't come back."

Dracos
Well, Goodbye.

Carthrat

"Then I suppose I will follow your advice," replies Mei-Ling. "Besides, I'm sure there are many other places to go aside from there.

I hope, anyhow. I was lucky I was able to walk here before I ran out of water, and I saw nothing else.."

Dexie Oblivion

Meanwhile, back in the bar, Darx is rising from his seat.

"Y'know Ryder, I've been thinking. We don't need the others....we can handle whatever's in that tower ourselves."

Famous last words.

"Come, why don't we go and check it out, eh?"
Pet my snake, pet my ssssnaaaake. :P

Dracos

Re: Mei

"True.  You can stay here a night and I'll exchange currency in exchange for what you have and stories of your home."

Dracos
Well, Goodbye.

Carthrat

"Is that your usual practice?" replies Mei-Ling, fishing out a pouch.

Dracos

"Yes.  I find it tends to be valuable stories and usually a fair trade to help folks who would otherwise be forced to raid our township or stoop to less honest ways of finding local currency."

Dracos
Well, Goodbye.

RyderHakubi

"I dunno man... that tower's pretty damn menacing.  We all know the stories about how people go there, never to return again."

Ryder sighed and took another small drink...
What sort of madness will I create today?"

Dexie Oblivion

"There's obviously something of value in that tower, if it's guarded so well and no one returns."

"Come child, what's there to be afraid of?"
Pet my snake, pet my ssssnaaaake. :P