News:

"With great power comes the opportunity to abuse that power."

Main Menu

Sarah Lockheart - A brave new world?

Started by Anastasia, July 29, 2005, 12:19:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Carthrat

"Ah, thanks!" replies Sarah, heading to the aisles. "Let's see.. here we go. Rice.. and gum.. and V. Can't go wrong!" she continues, mumbling to herself in English. "Ranma? Were you paying?" she asks, sweetly, adding another couple of packets of gum to her pile.
[19:14] <Annerose> Aww, mouth not outpacing brain after all?
[19:14] <Candide> My brain caught up

Anastasia

Ranma's not nearby, as he went off to get  something or other as he said. In fact, you haven't seen him for a little bit, as you get your last item. You hope he's paying, since -

A crash, the sound of things hitting the floor from a few aisles over. Mmmm? You suppose it's not impossible that something was knocked over. With the design used, spills probably come with the territory.
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Carthrat

Ugh. That was probably where the idiot was. He isn't that coordinated, really. "Ranma, I'm not gonna help you pick that stuff up, if it's you," she says, walking around the admittedly thin aisle to check it out.

Anastasia

It's two aisles down, actually. A stack of boxes of instant noodles have been knocked over, Ranma closer to you, on one side of the spill. On the other side is a young woman, short brown hair and an average face and body. Pretty unremarkable, wearing a simple pair of cloth shorts and a Tshirt. Not very feminine, as "Oh...sorry," she apologizes quickly. "But watch where you're going! You nearly plowed into me," the girl grouses.
<Afina> Forever.

Carthrat

"Oh, man.." says Sarah, shaking her head. "While you're helping her, Ranma, I'll go and pay for the stuff."

Anastasia

"Hey, it wasn't-" Ranma begins to protest, but turns and hands you a few other things, along with some money. Annoyed, he turns back as he bends over to start stacking. My, he looks rather steamed, both parties not thrilled over the accident.

Wow, Ranma almost totally ignored you except to hand things over. He really must be irritated.
<Afina> Forever.

Carthrat

Sarah bites back a giggle as she heads to the counter. "Ah.. just these, thanks," she tells the assistant, counting out some change.

Anastasia

As the goods are purchased, "Was there a spill back there," he asks kindly, looking over and peering, squinting. As he does, a louder voice, "Well, as I said, if you hadn't TRIPPED," the woman insists, sounding more and more annoyed.

"Hm," he leans forward, as if to hear.
<Afina> Forever.

Carthrat

"There was," replies Sarah, nodding. "But they're cleaning it up.. I think. They might start making a new one in a moment..."

Shrugging, she calls out for Ranma. "I'm going now!"

Anastasia

"Oh dear," the old man goes back, as Sarah retreats with her two bags of groceries. What got into Ranma there, anyway, as you head back outside to the streets.

As you do, of note - an absolute mammoth of a man is waiting, easily scraping to seven feet tall. Not quite Japanese in skin tone, he's as tall as the tallest 'basketball' players you're familiar with back home. Older fellow, somewhat dead faced and with a long, grey haired ponytail. He quietly waits outside the story, some of the passing people paying him a fair bit of attention.

Compared to the normal Japanese height, he just TOWERS. Eeep. He doesn't seem to pay you any particular mind, though.
<Afina> Forever.

Carthrat

Sarah blinks, following that usual process that teenage girls go through when they see strange, scary men- she gives him a fairly wide berth, and tries to pay attention to him without visibly paying attention.

Mentally, she berates herself. It's kinda late; everyone looks a little suspcious when you're a little tired and it's not that bright.

Anastasia

It really does seem to be nothing - he pays you no particular attention at all. Strange fellow in fit in Japan, maybe, but so it goes. Walking a block away, most of the way home, Ranma still hasn't caught up.

Did he get himself in trouble, or are you just a faster walker? A glance back doesn't show any sign of him, yet.
<Afina> Forever.

Carthrat

"Oh, man," mutters Sarah, turning about and walking back. "Ranma! What's taking so long?" she shouts, sparing another uneasy glance with that man.

Maybe that girl was holding him up, or something..

Anastasia

That man isn't there to glance at, surprisingly. Heading back, you don't see Ranma about outside of the store. Either he's inside the rose shop, or he's gone off to do goodness only knows what.
<Afina> Forever.

Carthrat

That wasn't really quite right, though. Sarah knew Ranma to be an irritating dork at times, but he was a responsible one at least, and didn't *usually* run off without telling her (unless he was playing some kind of joke. Sarah still hadn't completely forgiven him for abandoning her whilst shopping in the middle of Shinjuku.)

Sarah takes a quick peek back in the corner store, to see if he's still there.