News:

"The truth is stranger than fiction, but not stranger than fanfiction."

Main Menu

Earthbound: The Falling Droplets of the Moon

Started by Dracos, December 06, 2004, 01:27:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dracos

Come friends.  Sit a while around the circle and listen closely.  Tonight we have a great tale for you.  A tale of friendship.  A tale of struggle.  Deep into the sewers and up upon the clouds of imagination.  Through the valleys of time and across the stones of legend.

This is not the tale of four children, gifted and talented beyond the ken of mortal children, blessed by the heavens who came together for peace and friendship, helping each other through many hardships to battle the evil giygas before time.

No, while that is an epic tale, it has been told.  Played upon the stage of history...

But it is not alone.  For they were not the only actors on the stage, nor the only story to tell.  Gigyas' shadow reigned far over the world...  and we shall follow another four who's struggles...while not quite as epic...were none the less, necessary to the saving of the world.

This, my friends...

Is your tale.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

So, I'm looking for around 4 players.  This'll be a free-form RPG for all intents and purposes.  I'll be doing the arbitrarting, scene setting, plotting, npcs and whatnot, but no system.  Basically the way I like running it.  Naturally you'll need a description of your character, some young kid in earthbound style.  Personality, clothing, equipment, all required descriptions.  This will be starting in about a week, give or take.

The idea, if you cannot already figure it out, is that we'd be following another set of important kids during the course of earthbound.  It'll be held in the same timeframe so, yes, it would be possible for you to encounter the actual earthbound crew going about their own mission to save the world.  But we don't care about them.

Naturally, character design and synching is going to be quite important, so don't make concrete designs until I get everyone listed and together to talk it out.  If you're interested, post here.

Dracos
Well, Goodbye.

Halbarad

I am a terrible person.
Excellent Youkai.

Zenthor

*Earthbound fanboyism kicks in.*

I'd be a fool not to at least sign up.  Not like I have other RPs to play in, anymore.  >.>

Anyhow, you can definitely count me in if you'll have me.

EDIT:

Should be available all day Saturday and most of the day Sunday, next Weekend.  I think.  May be subject to change.
iato: *hugs Super* Lala.
redffea: Its that exciting Super?
Supaaielman: *Explodes*

Brian

I handle other fanfic authors Nanoha-style.  Grit those teeth!  C&C incoming!
Prepare to be befriended!

~exploding tag~

Dracos

Okay, the idea will be for us to meet next weekend then to discuss character ideas and such.  Edit posts of interest if you will with general 'times of avaliabilty' during the next weekend and I'll try and get a time that we all can meet.

For reference, this will be a game highly driven by imagination.  If you want to design a city to be from or something, go right ahead.  Obviously, part of the premise is that we didn't see everything with Earthbound.

Also for reference, I do want this to be a reasonably fast paced game.  Minimum one post per day is the plan.  I likely don't have to tell you guys this but the more posts I have letting me know where you are and what you're doing or what you want to do, the better I work.  =)

Dracos
Who needs to put himself through a refresher course in earthbound humor and get the plans written =D
Well, Goodbye.

Dracos

huh.  Surprisingly low turnout ;_;

No one else is interested?

Dracos
Well, Goodbye.

Strago

Dracos

Heya Strago.

Hum.

Anyhow folks, I'd like to meet saturday evening, around 6 pm EST to just get out a preliminary discussion of character concepts.  As I think it is going to be highly important in this game to how the whole thing succeeds, I want everyone together when they put together their characters so we can try and work out things and interleave stuff.

If this is theoretically impossible for ya.... well, post about it and I'll figure out some better time.

Dracos
Well, Goodbye.

Zenthor

Hm.  This... time won't work out, I don't think.  I have a Saxophone lesson from 4:45 EST - 5:30, and need an hour and a half to get back home so I won't be here until 7:00 EST.  If you could bump it back an hour or so it would be best for me.,

Dracos

Bumping it back works for me IF it works for the rest of ye guys. =)

7 pm work?

Dracos
Well, Goodbye.

Halbarad

I am a terrible person.
Excellent Youkai.

Zenthor

Yeah, 7PM is fine.  I may be just a little late depending on traffic, but barring some horrific event that'll be great.

Dracos

Note: The meeting will be held in the #Soulriders@irc.nabiki.com chatroom.  At least initially.

Dracos
Well, Goodbye.

Trunkyboy

riss and I against the world!

Rackham and Nirae get no breaks...

Why, oh why wasn't I born rich?