Starcraft sites!

Started by Carthrat, September 11, 2005, 12:54:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Carthrat

Do YOU want to play against hardcore koreans and lose every game?

Do YOU want to experience the thrill of shouting 'kekekekeke' at random goons?

Do YOU want to play a game that actually has quite some tactical depth? Where a zergrush is really.. not that great? Where competetive play has developed to such a level that the top players make salaries in the 100,000 US range?

If so, get a copy of starcraft, yell at me, and check out the following websites!

www.teamliquid.net
- Pretty much the best starcraft forum out there. Doesn't host a huge amount of replays, but those it hosts are generally very good. The forums are moderately strict; while it's generally ok to fling around insults and minor flames, large infractions are *always* quickly dealt with, and non-contributing flamebait jerks tend to find themselves on their asses fairly quickly.

If you want to learn to play good starcraft instead of newbie starcraft, this place also has a series of threads that are kept on sticky, which teach the basics of every matchup. Heck, if you want someone to help you learn, it wouldn't be that hard to find someone, I'd wager.

(Though you could just ask me or SirAlexTheFirst. Just because we suck doesn't mean our theory is wrong! >_>)

www.pgtour.net

Pgtour is basically the 'nonprofessional professional' starcraft server. It's without a doubt the best server to play on if you're looking for challenging matchups. Be warned, though- the bottom rank is still pretty damn tough to beat. You an get plenty of good games out of it, though.

PGtour.net itself hosts a fairly sizable collection of replays, the quality of which is questionable. There's numerous good games out there, though. I don't visit the forums much; teamliquid is simply *better*.

sc.gosugamers.net

A very good news and EXCELLENT replay site. They post many of the pro replays between korean gamers that are actually accessible, and hold many good interviews and post information on tournaments and such.
[19:14] <Annerose> Aww, mouth not outpacing brain after all?
[19:14] <Candide> My brain caught up