[Ranma 1/2 Crossover] Mirrors Multiplied

Started by Yuthirin, October 17, 2005, 01:39:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anastasia

Quote from: "Ragnar"I'll make a note to read this so I know what everyone's talking about. >_>

I recommend KLSymph's method. You'll get some honestly good reading out of it that way, and double fun when you read the ECBs of the bad parts.
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Jeram

Yup, an interesting read to be sure.  I've probably read the story in its entirety a couple of times - because it's intentionally confusing to the reader.  Sort of a "Bet you can figure this out" thing.  I didn't mind the OOC Ranma so much - although the real annoyance was the little "revelatory speeches" Ranma makes to Akane and Nabiki that somehow explain EVERYTHING perfectly...

Did I ever tell you about the time I tried to write a spin-off when I thought he gave me permission?

-J
t takes a mighty pen to write fanfiction.

-Jeram

Edward

A spin off?  You mean there's a series he didn't already throw into the mix.

Considering how even-tempered Sky is, I suspect he in his self-proclaimed position as the Almighty consigned you to the depths of Hell?

Or if he was more cruel, he tried to explain mathematics to you.
If you see Vampire Hikaru Shidou, it is Fox.  No one else does that.  You need no other evidence." - Dracos

"Huh? Which rant?" - Gary

"Do not taunt Happy Fun Servitor of the Outer Gods with your ineffective Thompson Submachine Gun." - grimjack

Bjorn

Why all of you gotta hate? ;.;

I'm having painful flashbacks.  Again.

Jeram

I'll throw it in - but first I must ask: can I post an email he sent me, or is that considered bad form?

-J

-Jeram

Jason_Miao

*STABS YUTH IN THE EYES

Why must people always feel a compulsion to name That Which Must Not Be Named?

Dracos

Jeram:

It is bad form, but none of the vultures here are going to call you on it =)

Dracos
Well, Goodbye.

Edward

I don't see how it could be worse form than his bio-rant on ff.net.  Or many other things he's done.
If you see Vampire Hikaru Shidou, it is Fox.  No one else does that.  You need no other evidence." - Dracos

"Huh? Which rant?" - Gary

"Do not taunt Happy Fun Servitor of the Outer Gods with your ineffective Thompson Submachine Gun." - grimjack

Yuthirin

What if they're not stars at all? What if the night sky is full of titanic far-off lidless eyes, staring in all directions across eternity?

Jeram

If anyone wants the complete story, complete with links, just ask (I've already sent it to one or two folks already)...

-J

-Jeram

KIJIN

Actually, if you would be so kind, I'd rather have the links to his 'Otaku' series (especially the 'Skysaber's Choice' part). Somebody once said it was a enlightening window to Jared's...mental methodology.

Much Appreciated >_<
IJIN,
Befuddled and confused

Dracos

I'm certain someone could provide them though last I was aware he was avaliable around Studio Asynjor (google for it) by request.

That said, please no avatars that big.  128x128 max.

Dracos
Well, Goodbye.

KIJIN

:oops: Sorry, wrong filename.

This is better... Thanks.
IJIN,
Befuddled and confused

Jeram

KiJin, if you manage to get any of his "secret" files, please share!

-J

-Jeram

Jason_Miao

Piesaber's(*) sekret schedule:

12:00pm   Wake up
12:03pm   Shower, dress, eat breakfast, read newspaper, check weather.  If time is constrained, may skip the shower.
12:05pm   Rite moor.  Bee shore two ewes the spellchecker.
3:30pm     Do a final proofread a literary masterpiece, which balances plot, has believable characters that break forth from static and staid characterizations, using the characters interaction to display insightful commentary on current political, economic, and social events.
3:45pm     Decide to delete said fic, and do a quick rewrite showing the protagonist as a whiny bitch, and everyone he hates as a vengeful shrew or too stupid for words.
5:00pm     Pursue further studies in mathematics, in quest to become pope (**)
5:01pm     Decide that 3rd grade algebra is too hard for now, and decide to whine about various people picking on him.
7:00pm     Eat Dinner
7:30pm     Call up make-believe older brother who is a bajillionare IP lawyer and can sue anyone into oblivion without being repeatedly sanctioned under Rule 11 and lose his license.  Have chat over phone about people who keep annoying him because he steals their work and demand that he stop, and how he can sue them without being punished for bringing frivilous lawsuits.
8:00pm    Bed time.

* This is a work of fiction.  To my knowledge, there is no one named "Piesaber" and any interpretation of this fiction as critisicm of any entity, real or imagined is purely concidental.  Even if this post does happen to appear in a thread about a writer who calls himself Skysaber

.**  Someone who didn't believe that a false proposition implies any proposition, and gave as an example "prove that 2+2=5 means that you are the pope."  Sir Harold Jefferys said "Certainly!"  and gave the following proof.
    If 2+2=5,  4=5.
    If 4=5, then 5=4
    If 5=4, then 5-3 = 4-3
    If 5-3 = 4-3, then 2=1

"Now, the Pope and I are two.  It follows that the Pope and I are one.  Therefore, I am the pope."

If we take this anecdote, and study it in reference to Skysaber's 1) bombastic ranting about moral foundations that he himself hardly understands, and 2) the direct implications of his idea that division of any number by 0 = 0, then we may conjecture that Skysaber is attempting to become Pope "the easy way".  At this point, I think he's just trying to subtract numbers from infinity until he reaches a finite number.  Expect to hear from His Holyness Ornstead sometime in the near future.

Edit: fixed various spacing errors.