Pet my snake, pet my ssssnaaaake. :P

Ranma_007

Dracos

WARGH O_O

Dracos
Deserved that.
Well, Goodbye.

Anastasia

Finding an old deck of Magic cards I'd lost for years is awesome. Yay!
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Merc

Going on a tour to Japan from Sept 18-24. It involves going to the Tokyo Game Show in addition to touristic sights. ^_^
<Cidward> God willing, we'll all meet in Buttquest 2: The Quest for More Butts.

Ranma_007

Coooooool!

A friend of mine just recently went. He had a handheld English>Japanese computer translator. It was fairly cool. I don't know if you would want to get one, but it might be a good idea.

Ranma_007

WOO HOO! I passed the CISSP exam!!!

*keeps moving to IT security*

Next up for me is to upgrade my MCSE and then start learning about Cisco stuff.

Brian

I have a new computer.

It was waiting for me (in pieces) when I got home on Friday. o_o

My roommates just decided I should have a desktop system powerful enough to run Bioshock, and now ... I do! :D
I handle other fanfic authors Nanoha-style.  Grit those teeth!  C&C incoming!
Prepare to be befriended!

~exploding tag~

Asrana

The good, the bad, and the ugly:

I've gone from being paid to wait for students during a certain set of hours to doing that and quite nearly TAing one of the classes. Granted, I've escaped such destitutions as grading papers or giving lectures to the class I've never taken, which I cannot entirely say for the class I have taken that I'm pseudo-responsible for, but I am being asked when the professor is running late - "Can you run them through some example interview questions while I go get my stuff?" This ended in less interview questions, more random questions and one tour of a database search system.

The students have also come to realize the other benefits of my continued presence in their classroom: If the line for asking questions in front of the professor gets too long during break or after class, clearly the TA waiting in the back can answer these pressing conundrums. And lo, I began doing my job more often than required without being paid for it.

I'm not even going for a degree in psychology, yet I somehow volunteered myself into this for a Lifespan/Developmental Psychology class.

So enough of the bad and the ugly, the good of this: Getting to talk to a professor more frankly than ever before, and learning that lecturing with social anxiety is exactly what it feels like - a constant struggle of insanity to make the students think you have this planned when really you're just throwing shit at them and reading off your power point. Comforting to know I wasn't on the outside with that one.

This should look wonderful on my application to transfer when I do it. It had better.

And hey, I get to disappear from work on the (legitimate, sadly) excuse that I'm going to go talk to the professor.

So really, this is all a positive occurence. Right?
lt;Kotono>  (Currently looks like a 16-year-old girl):I walk up to the leader and say, "Are you so sure you want our money?" and use my alter self ability to grow a massive bulge in my pants.

Ranma_007

The glass is half full. Indeed.

Merc

Posting from an internet cafe in Japan  :D
<Cidward> God willing, we'll all meet in Buttquest 2: The Quest for More Butts.

Dexie Oblivion

Pet my snake, pet my ssssnaaaake. :P

Dracos

Quote from: "MercForHire"Posting from an internet cafe in Japan  :D

what?  Awesome.  Merc, go beat up the japanese prime minister!

Dracos
Well, Goodbye.

baka

Quote from: "Dracos"
Quote from: "MercForHire"Posting from an internet cafe in Japan  :D

what?  Awesome.  Merc, go beat up the japanese prime minister!

Dracos

Doesn't the poor guy have bowel cancer or something? :(