"In closing, we have the best hobby ever. The End."

Main Menu

Appreciations of the day

Started by thepanda, November 25, 2005, 11:45:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dracos

Well, Goodbye.

KLSymph

In five months, I've memorized all of the jouyou kanji, giving me the ability to read kanji at the high school level.

I look forward to not spending an hour every day practicing flashcards anymore.

Practicing kanji makes me really sleepy for some reason.

KLSymph

Through the magic of paperwork, I have convinced the IRS to stop saying I owe an additional two thousand dollars.

Yuthirin

HELLO NYQUIL I LOOOOOVE YOUUUU HEARTHEARTHEART
What if they're not stars at all? What if the night sky is full of titanic far-off lidless eyes, staring in all directions across eternity?

Merc

Some days I just feel so sick and tired of hearthstone and want nothing to do with it for weeks.

Other days? Other days I get to pull a Raza the Chained + Coldarra Drake combo as a druid in a game I had all but given up on. For the curious, both those cards belong to other classes so I normally wouldn't have access to them as a druid.

Druid is the one class that can get an infinite damage attack with those cards when they can pull off playing the combo. (Technically other classes can do infinite damage with it too, just not in a single attack unless adding other cards to combo)
<Cidward> God willing, we'll all meet in Buttquest 2: The Quest for More Butts.

Yuthirin

Going to an Iron Maiden concert on Wednesday.

SUCH EXCITEMENT.
What if they're not stars at all? What if the night sky is full of titanic far-off lidless eyes, staring in all directions across eternity?

Dracos

Well, Goodbye.

KLSymph

Twenty years after playing the Diablo 1 demo, then never getting the chance to play the actual game, I have finally beaten the Butcher.

I think back to those days, reading printed game guides on this boss that was reportedly too strong to match in a physical fight at regular levels. How one might prevail by shooting it from behind the safety of a closed door or glitching its pathfinding in the downward stairs. So many nights back then were spent wondering how I could win without dying. Had nightmares about it, honestly.

I entered the room with a plan, and abandoned it three seconds after the cutscene played, resorting to my fallback.

Step one: block the Butcher's cleaver with my baseline Wizard health pool.
Step two: spam level 10 firebolt at it and pray it dies before I run out of potions.

Nightmares slain.

Yuthirin

Quote from: KLSymph on June 27, 2017, 05:05:12 AM
Twenty years after playing the Diablo 1 demo, then never getting the chance to play the actual game, I have finally beaten the Butcher.

I think back to those days, reading printed game guides on this boss that was reportedly too strong to match in a physical fight at regular levels. How one might prevail by shooting it from behind the safety of a closed door or glitching its pathfinding in the downward stairs. So many nights back then were spent wondering how I could win without dying. Had nightmares about it, honestly.

I entered the room with a plan, and abandoned it three seconds after the cutscene played, resorting to my fallback.

Step one: block the Butcher's cleaver with my baseline Wizard health pool.
Step two: spam level 10 firebolt at it and pray it dies before I run out of potions.

Nightmares slain.
And now you can BE your nightmare in Heroes of the Storm, where you can play as the Butcher and chop up other players!

KLSymph

Huh, I didn't even know the Butcher was in HotS.

Yuthirin

Dracos

I wave from new hampshire.
Well, Goodbye.

Arakawa

*waves back*

Wonder what the essential difference between East Coast and West Coast boils down to.
That the dead tree with its scattered fruit, a thousand times may live....

---

Man was made for Joy & Woe / And when this we rightly know / Thro the World we safely go / Joy & Woe are woven fine / A Clothing for the soul divine / Under every grief & pine / Runs a joy with silken twine
(from Wm. Blake)

Rukatin

Quote from: Arakawa on June 30, 2017, 02:49:48 AM
*waves back*

Wonder what the essential difference between East Coast and West Coast boils down to.

I live in the midwest. Where does that put me then?
I'm going to need your signature for the metric ton of whoop-ass you're about to receive.

"A 'Cult'? Such disrespect for other people's beliefs."
"You enslave minds!"
"And I believe that's okay."

Yuthirin

Quote from: Arakawa on June 30, 2017, 02:49:48 AM
One is on the east side of the continent, the other is on the west side.

/halping