News:

"Destiny Challenged us and so we chose to end the world.  There was nothing to regret.  Nothing."

Main Menu

Appreciations of the day

Started by thepanda, November 25, 2005, 11:45:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

KLSymph

And I've finally completed Diablo 1. Already beat Diablo 2. Don't suppose I'll ever get around to Diablo 3 though.

Yuthirin

You should, it's quite pleasant.
What if they're not stars at all? What if the night sky is full of titanic far-off lidless eyes, staring in all directions across eternity?

Dracos

Quote from: Yuthirin on June 30, 2017, 04:28:55 PM
Quote from: Arakawa on June 30, 2017, 02:49:48 AM
Wonder what the essential difference between East Coast and West Coast boils down to.
One is on the east side of the continent, the other is on the west side.

/halping

That's mostly it.  Wandering SF and wandering NYC isn't all that much different, skyscrapers of new york aside.
Well, Goodbye.

Yuthirin

Barring some horrible accident, I'll be single by the end of the day!
What if they're not stars at all? What if the night sky is full of titanic far-off lidless eyes, staring in all directions across eternity?

Merc

Some 'horrible accident' like a beautiful woman tripping onto your lap, gazing longingly into your eyes, grabbing you by the shoulders and whispering 'Marry me fishman!'?

I didn't know it took horrible accidents to prevent that sort of thing, usually one hears they cause such things instead!
<Cidward> God willing, we'll all meet in Buttquest 2: The Quest for More Butts.

Yuthirin

Actually I'm expecting her to try to murder me.

She's gone a bit strange.

Merc

Anastasia

<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Dracos

Weekend starting.  Party tomorrow. 

Slow architect seems at least reasonable.  Should have next plans in august.
Well, Goodbye.

Dracos

Nice party thing today.  Tired now.  Played Burgler Bros, which apparently is out of print and fairly expensive now, but was pretty cute.
Well, Goodbye.

Merc

https://fowers-games.myshopify.com/collections/frontpage/products/burgle-bros <-- If you're talking about this game, it's recently gone back in print at least in the creator's personal store for $36.99.

If you check the boardgamegeek forums, there's occassionally some 15% off codes being shared as well, though they're single use, so first come first serve.

Dracos

Thanks =)

*snags*

Not actually all that much marked up on the 'collectible' but most of that is shipping from weight in this case.
Well, Goodbye.

Dracos

I am matching Merc's tale of 'game gone wrong at last minute' with an Eldritch Horror run tonight of game gone right.

We started doing the basic Azatoth scenario...and frankly the cards were brutal, largely eliminating or countering strategy.  We started with having to get six clues and an artifact to solve the first of three mysteries.  I did a quick two turn, two expedition run...nothing.  We closed gates, and finally got lucky... only for it to destroy the artifact immediately and damage all of us on the mythos.  We didn't manage to close that until there were only like seven doom counter ticks left (of the original 16), with like 8 gates out and basically 2 omens shifts needed to wreck us and a mission that was 'let the gates stay open until they penalize the doom counter, then close them'.

So I took for granted at this point that we couldn't win and had little chance of even finishing mission two...so hey, 'what can we do to finish mission two?  no point being conservative at all, we are about to lose anyway.'

The game suddenly, in two turns, went from being positively brutal in ridiculous draws and events to...

"Did...we just clear every single gate, move back the omen, clear all eldritch signs (We got three remove eldritch token events in one turn)?"

The third mission that spawned was basically 'get 6(playercount) clues', with every single player next to one.  We ended the game with the doom counter on one.

It was weird, until those turns we were like "We had the most gentle game of Five Year mission imaginable where everything came up we win...and now we're playing the reverse.  If that's another 'destroy all items' card, I think we might as well throw in the towel."
Well, Goodbye.

Arakawa

Job hunt is a thing. New companies exist that seem to fit with what I'd like to do, so I may not have to be a code monkey this time.
That the dead tree with its scattered fruit, a thousand times may live....

---

Man was made for Joy & Woe / And when this we rightly know / Thro the World we safely go / Joy & Woe are woven fine / A Clothing for the soul divine / Under every grief & pine / Runs a joy with silken twine
(from Wm. Blake)

Anastasia

Good luck, I was about to go bitching about my own job hunt. Glad to know someone's is going better, hope you nail it, man.
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?