News:

Populated by the admins and moderators of your other favorite sites!

Main Menu

The "What Are You Playing Today" Thread

Started by Dracos, December 29, 2005, 01:48:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Karlinn

Yeah, they did, and while lame dialogue is nothing new (and I've certainly seen worse), they still could've done a hell of a lot better.  Some of the changes are amusing (the Chow Mein Insurrection was solid), but I just don't think a big armored badass who seeks the subjugation of mankind should say "You guys."

But, Rudy's still a pimp, and that's good enough for me <3

*incorporates WA into the Unified Theory of VG Heroes (note: this is not confined to RPGs), which can adequately be summarized as "mute heroes and/or blue-haired heroes are extremely desirable by the opposite sex"*
eaning back in my chair.  Oh yeah!
I'm living on the edge, I'm so hardcore!
DEAR GOD, I'VE GONE TOO FAR!

Dracos

Some Fancypants, that game kwok linked.  Kind of neat, though I don't dig the rebounding.

Dracos
Well, Goodbye.

Dracos

I play in the city of doors, carrying the burden of the mark of Torment, hunting a fortress of regret with three bound to my path, a mage's pet, bought and kept, a slave, his chains but words, a thief of the dead, caught in the wake of charisma.

Planescape.

Dracos
Well, Goodbye.

Karlinn

Quote from: "Dracos"I play in the city of doors, carrying the burden of the mark of Torment, hunting a fortress of regret with three bound to my path, a mage's pet, bought and kept, a slave, his chains but words, a thief of the dead, caught in the wake of charisma.

Planescape.

Dracos

Approv'd (b^.^)b

Currently replaying Deus Ex, which has been given new life courtesy of the Shifter mod.  Said mod doesn't substantially change the game, but adds a lot of neat little things: XP rewards for taking down/sneaking by enemies, unique weapons, new features for old weapons, a couple tweaks to the aug system (upgrades possible with aug canisters, some augs work differently), and a whole bunch of other cool stuff that's implemented pretty well (skull gun aug and bullet time FTW).

V1.6 available here or here for the curious.  It does a remarkable job of smoothing out the game's rough edges.  Now if they could just hurry up with that remake in the UT2k4 engine... <3

Dracos

Thy linkage be appreciated. :D

Dracos
Shall remember it when it comes time to play.
Well, Goodbye.

Sunhawk

Hmmm... computer-wise... EVE Online, Morrowind, Black & White.

Probably won't do much gaming until I'm absolutely secure in graduating and have the various details for grad school worked out (housing, etc).  Then it'll be... OBLIVION! :-p

... I do have a hankering to take out "Hearts of Iron", though...

Dracos

There's a little hearts of iron cult around SR.  But they're all closed mouthed about it in the actual room.

=P

Dracos
Well, Goodbye.

Sunhawk

... because they're part of a secret conspiracy to go back in time and ensure that China wins WWII!

Dracos

Today I journey beyond the planes,
To a place lost to hope and dreams,
or perhaps not, this prison land
curst its fate from the angel man.

Dracos
Well, Goodbye.

Dracos

I started a game of gods and men,
A denton did I play,
with cyborg parts and bioreads,
but in darkness lost did I.

Anyhow, Deus ex was the spell of today.  But damn, it's got some lighting in the demo level.  Maybe there's a mod for that.  I could almost always not see where I was going without the lighting mod, even with the brightness raised to 80.

Dracos
Well, Goodbye.

Karlinn

Strange... granted, there are some parts you're meant to use the aug to get around, but it shouldn't have been *that* dark out in the open or in buildings or whatever.  60 seemed to work just fine for me.  Then again, I didn't get a chance to try out the demo, so maybe it is messed up >.>;

Dracos

demo=training level.

Man I was incomprehensible when I wrote that. =)

Dracos
Well, Goodbye.

Dexie Oblivion

Tomb Raider: Legend.

A totally kickass game, and a nice, fresh start for the series.
Pet my snake, pet my ssssnaaaake. :P

Dracos

Heard stuff like that.  Tycho raved recently about the good things that Crystal Dynamics did with the series.

Dracos
Well, Goodbye.

Olvelsper

Picking up Mario and Luigi after beating Kingdom Hearts 2. I think it'll be hard adjusting to DQ6 after both.
http://www.fanfiction.net/u/2589971/Ol%27Velsper : Then we will write in the shade.