"With great power comes the opportunity to abuse that power."

Main Menu

The "What Are You Playing Today" Thread

Started by Dracos, December 29, 2005, 01:48:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dracos

Well, Goodbye.

Dexie Oblivion

Quote from: "Dracos"Heard stuff like that.  Tycho raved recently about the good things that Crystal Dynamics did with the series.

Dracos

Gotten a bit further into it.

It can be a bit unforgiving at times, but lots of checkpoints and unlimited continues balance it out.

Loads of unlockables, too, though most of them are alternate costumes for Lara. Not complaining about THAT, though. ^^;

Time Trials are freakin' hard, easily my least favorite part of the game. You screw up ONCE, you may as well restart, because you won't have enough time to finish.

[/mini-review]
Pet my snake, pet my ssssnaaaake. :P

Dracos

Started Super Adventure Island 2 again this morning.  Good game and its a pity that this was the last one in the series.  Didn't finish it in one sitting this time though.

Dracos
Well, Goodbye.

Dexie Oblivion

Wilds ARMS 3.

I'm lost in the wasteland. >_>

Dracos

Well, Goodbye.

Olvelsper

I have walked through the valley of the shadow of death.

Kicked Deathtamoor's three asses.

Smacked Organization XIII upside the head with the metal slab-key of DEATH.

Hosed down the Incarnation of the Sun Rune.

Now the greatest challenge of them all..

Child raising.

*starts up DQ5*
http://www.fanfiction.net/u/2589971/Ol%27Velsper : Then we will write in the shade.

Dexie Oblivion

Training my Brain right now. Stalling until I can get Lost Magic and Guilty Gear DS.

Ateiler Iris 2, too.

Dracos

Smacked down on smash bros today. Original. Mmm, it's gotten more meh noticing the balancing flaws in it. Just isn't fun to play serious versus in light of it as it just degrades these days into massive reptition of a couple of choice 'too good' moves. Had some fun doing 'all random' comp stomps though.

Dracos
Could just be a total lack of soul.
Well, Goodbye.

Karlinn

Played through the Shadowgrounds demo (website here), which can adequately be summed up as "almost Aliens in a top-down action dealie".  Started off mildly annoyed with lackluster audio (the music fit quite well, however) and a mild sense of vertigo from the default camera setting, which confusingly locks the gunsight forward and rotates the camera whenever you turn.

However, mercifully, one can unbind the camera from the mouse, which also unlocks the sight.  Upon doing so, the enjoyableness skyrocketed.  Good level design, a helpful note/map/objective system, fantastic lighting, intuitive controls (apart from the camera binding thing) and some solid action make it worth a look for anybody not tired of shooting aliens en masse.  It's very little that hasn't been done before, but it's legitimately fun just the same.

Additionally, I just recently finished Super Adventure Island 2, courtesy of the resident Dracos-man (thanks, brother ^^); I must concur with his assessment and lamentation of the series' ending note.  At the very least, however, it was a mighty fine ending note :)
eaning back in my chair.  Oh yeah!
I'm living on the edge, I'm so hardcore!
DEAR GOD, I'VE GONE TOO FAR!

twentytwo

Finished .hack. Not bad, though the ending was a bit disappointing. I mean, the plot was great but... there was practically no ending...

Beat Kingdom Hearts 2 after that. Probubly the best game I've played in a while (button-masing at its finest!). Well worth the wait in my opinion. Long and very entertaining. Only disappointment: the final bad guy's voice acting... a bit too preachy...

Started Wild Arms: Alter Code F. Ah, the memories (it was my favorite rpg on the Playstation next to Final Fantasy 7...). Not exactly perfect, but I'm enjoying it.

Select number to give...

Dracos

Live a Live.

Second try.

I still don't think it's good, but it's playable this time at least.

Dracos
Well, Goodbye.

Olvelsper

Felt like playing through a western game, so I rented Gun for the PS2. Beat it yesterday, and now I'm getting ready to assault Evil Mountain in DQ5 with family in tow.
http://www.fanfiction.net/u/2589971/Ol%27Velsper : Then we will write in the shade.

Serafita

Reinstalled Diablo 2 and Lord of Destruction for the first time in like 2/3 years.  I've forgotten everything.  =)

*is on USWest*

Karlinn

Quote from: "Serafita"Reinstalled Diablo 2 and Lord of Destruction for the first time in like 2/3 years.  I've forgotten everything.  =)

*is on USWest*

Click!  Click your way to victory!

Diablo scratched my multiplayer itch in ways that haven't been scratched in a long, long time.  :)

Finally finished Call of Cthulhu: Dark Corners of the Earth.  It's one of the most wonderfully atmospheric and creepy games I've played in a while, and filled with some great action setpieces, but it's bogged down by awkward stealth mechanics and some flat-out frustrating "do it our way or die until you do" puzzles.  Having said that, kicking cultist ass with a tommy gun is not a hard sell for me <3

Currently on the retail version of Shadowgrounds.  Framerate leaves something to be desired - apparently to be addressed in a patch due out this week - but it's still a pretty sweet top-down actioner at its core, and I'm a sucker for a game with a good soundtrack.  It gets bonus points for introducing me to both mixes of this song; while not normally once for dance music, I confess I found them highly enjoyable, and the in-game version was quite well suited for the club fight scene in which it was used ^^
eaning back in my chair.  Oh yeah!
I'm living on the edge, I'm so hardcore!
DEAR GOD, I'VE GONE TOO FAR!

Dracos

I was traveling on the road,
with a dog and a bunny,
past the freakshows and over the ball of twine,
I made it out just in time to see the trees rise,
then hit the road again....

Now I think I'll take a trip to the past where knights wore pink and merchants made cash and all that.

Dracos
Sam and Max, yo
Well, Goodbye.