News:

"It occured to me while drunk, so it must have been genius."

Main Menu

Image of the Day

Started by Merc, January 30, 2006, 12:23:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Merc

<Cidward> God willing, we'll all meet in Buttquest 2: The Quest for More Butts.

Merc

Sinom Bre

"If there is anything the nonconformist hates worse than a conformist, it's another nonconformist who doesn't conform to the prevailing standard of nonconformity." -Bill Vaughan
"Why do you have to be a nonconformist like everybody else?" -James Thurber
"Never appeal to a man's 'better nature'. He may not have one. Invoking his self-interest gives you more leverage." -Robert A. Heinlein
"Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split..." –Conan the Cimmerian, The Tower of the Elephant by Robert E. Howard
"Well, it's like the man says... Never take life too seriously; you'll never get out of it alive." -Bugs Bunny, Rabbit's Feat, 1960

Merc

That pic reminds me of this short cartoon about a girl getting rejected, and as she runs away crying she trips over a set of stairs much like those...

Sinom Bre

Heh. That's a long way to fall. :)
"If there is anything the nonconformist hates worse than a conformist, it's another nonconformist who doesn't conform to the prevailing standard of nonconformity." -Bill Vaughan
"Never appeal to a man's 'better nature'. He may not have one. Invoking his self-interest gives you more leverage." -Robert A. Heinlein
"Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split..." –Conan the Cimmerian, The Tower of the Elephant by Robert E. Howard
"Well, it's like the man says... Never take life too seriously; you'll never get out of it alive." -Bugs Bunny, Rabbit's Feat, 1960

Dracos

Quote from: Merc on November 08, 2011, 12:31:17 AM
That pic reminds me of this short cartoon about a girl getting rejected, and as she runs away crying she trips over a set of stairs much like those...

And runs through town, unable to stop building up speed?
Well, Goodbye.

Merc

Drac: Yes, that one. =)

I couldn't find a link of it though, don't recall what it was called, sadly.

Wouldn't mind seeing that one or another one that I think was about a blind kid moving around a town, discovering what it 'looks like' based on touch/smell/hearing (the kid imagined a plane flying overhead like a giant flying whale iirc) again.

Sinom Bre

Quirky, fun, and a little sexy... Although the giant rabbit ears on the hats have me a little befuddled. Just more quirk, I suppose.

Merc

That poor ostrich, getting painted like that. >_>

Sinom Bre

I think he comes by it naturally... ;p

Jon

Drawn by Urushihara Satoshi, apparently. It's just so charming!

Sinom Bre

Quote from: Jon on November 09, 2011, 01:24:19 AM
Drawn by Urushihara Satoshi, apparently. It's just so charming!

You're such an old softie, Jon. ;p

* Sinom Bre basks in the shoujo-ai rays...

Jon

Come to think of it, I don't think I've ever seen a NGE/SM crossover that was worth a damn. I saw a fusion once that was halfway okay, but no crossovers.

Dracos

It'd be quite the exotic mix.  They're not exactly the most compatible setups.  I mean, I suppose Usagi could take Shinji's role in a fusion route, and you could toss a couple senshi in as the other cast (Rei reprising her role as Asuka?  Cast the entire thing in a meta-play space?)

But for pure crossover, giant horrific world ending angels are a bit past the level that the senshi deal with.  They'd practically become irrelevant side cast in any crossover.  Same as if you tossed them against most other Giant Robo backdrops.  They're magical girl sentai, not giant robo.
Well, Goodbye.

Jon

Quote from: Dracos on November 09, 2011, 03:37:15 PM
But for pure crossover, giant horrific world ending angels are a bit past the level that the senshi deal with.  They'd practically become irrelevant side cast in any crossover.  Same as if you tossed them against most other Giant Robo backdrops.  They're magical girl sentai, not giant robo.

I take the position that there's nothing important in NGE that is not psychological in nature. Usagi is excellent with situations like that.