News:

"In closing, we have the best hobby ever. The End."

Main Menu

Image of the Day

Started by Merc, January 30, 2006, 12:23:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jon

Quote from: thepanda on November 18, 2011, 07:42:31 AM
Oh god, the proportions are terrible. It's like they drew the breasts, upper torso, and lower body on separate layers and then stuck them together sloppily. Rob Liefied-ian.

I read that as RobLiefeld-tan, possibly the worst moe anthropomorphic character ever.

And yeah, that picture is quite possibly more ridiculous than Ikki Tousen.

Edit: New page means a new picture. Hmm, shall we go with this?

Or perhaps this?

thepanda

That book looks warm. ^_^

My current wallpaper
Spoiler: ShowHide

Merc

While those proportions really are kind of bad, to call them Rob Liefeld-ian is a gross overstatement! Rob Liefeld is a -master- of bad proportions. This is pure amateur stuff!
<Cidward> God willing, we'll all meet in Buttquest 2: The Quest for More Butts.

Sinom Bre

Right. I think I'll steer clear of the discussion surrounding my posted image immediately preceding. Ahem...

Pic from a more general interest genre. You'll need to view it in a new tab to get the full size and clarity. It refuses to post full size within the forum no matter what I do.

I wonder where the door goes. Hmmm...

http://postimage.org/image/4ybkl12fx/full/
"If there is anything the nonconformist hates worse than a conformist, it's another nonconformist who doesn't conform to the prevailing standard of nonconformity." -Bill Vaughan
"Why do you have to be a nonconformist like everybody else?" -James Thurber
"Never appeal to a man's 'better nature'. He may not have one. Invoking his self-interest gives you more leverage." -Robert A. Heinlein
"Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split..." –Conan the Cimmerian, The Tower of the Elephant by Robert E. Howard
"Well, it's like the man says... Never take life too seriously; you'll never get out of it alive." -Bugs Bunny, Rabbit's Feat, 1960

thepanda

Brian

Quote from: Sinom Bre
Spoiler: ShowHide

Well, looking at the scale of it, I'd say ... only a titan could open it.

Anyway, since you keep running into these issues, I'll see if I can't prod Rez to get you some hosting--  In the meantime, you can always attach the pictures to your posts.

Edit: To reduce the repetition of redundantly repeating myself.
I handle other fanfic authors Nanoha-style.  Grit those teeth!  C&C incoming!
Prepare to be befriended!

~exploding tag~

Sinom Bre

Quote from: thepanda on November 18, 2011, 05:01:10 PM
Sniper Island. ^_^
Okay. Not being a gamer, where or what is Sniper Island? ;p

Brian: Your spoiler inside my quote shows nothing. Anyway, attach, new tab URL. Six of one, half-dozen of the other. No real reason to bother Rez about it.

Edit: But thanks for the offer of help! ^_^
"If there is anything the nonconformist hates worse than a conformist, it's another nonconformist who doesn't conform to the prevailing standard of nonconformity." -Bill Vaughan
"Never appeal to a man's 'better nature'. He may not have one. Invoking his self-interest gives you more leverage." -Robert A. Heinlein
"Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split..." –Conan the Cimmerian, The Tower of the Elephant by Robert E. Howard
"Well, it's like the man says... Never take life too seriously; you'll never get out of it alive." -Bugs Bunny, Rabbit's Feat, 1960

Brian

Ah, guess it was cached on my end and they block direct linking.  I'm trying to figure out a solution for you where you don't have to work so hard for your images to get displayed properly. :/

I rehosted it on SR and edited the above; spoiler should work (now).

Edit: This may mean you point to an image and I travel in your wake, making it easier to view for the lazy among us. :p

~exploding tag~

Sinom Bre

Quote from: Brian on November 18, 2011, 05:14:31 PM
Ah, guess it was cached on my end and they block direct linking.  I'm trying to figure out a solution for you where you don't have to work so hard for your images to get displayed properly. :/

I rehosted it on SR and edited the above; spoiler should work (now).

Edit: This may mean you point to an image and I travel in your wake, making it easier to view for the lazy among us. :p
Well, just to be clear on all counts of this discussion, I wasn't having trouble getting the image to show, but I guess it was so large that it was resizing down a bunch anyway, for whatever reason. Only the direct link gave me the full-sized result.

Are you saying your ISP is blocking direct linking? Whatever for?

Brian

No, the hosting site blocks pulling the image onto another site for display (this one) to prevent people from using their bandwidth without actually visiting their site (as bandwidth costs money).

Incidentally, the embeded version displays at identical size for me to the direct linked one, at a glance.

~exploding tag~

Sinom Bre

Quote from: Brian on November 18, 2011, 06:12:10 PM
Incidentally, the embeded version displays at identical size for me to the direct linked one, at a glance.
Yeah, yours did and I can see that you're hosting the image at a different site than me, but for some reason, the postimage.org embedding did not even though I specified that they should not resize the image.

Brian

Silent/hidden maximums on image size, probably.  Since we're getting off topic (yet again), enjoy some Mami-sempai:

Lighting effects are a bit heavy, but I like the contrast between the heavy lines on her vs. the detail on the weapons.

~exploding tag~

Merc

<Cidward> God willing, we'll all meet in Buttquest 2: The Quest for More Butts.

Dracos

Brian:

Something seems off...is her gun really that small? :P
Well, Goodbye.

Anastasia

Quote from: Brian on November 18, 2011, 08:07:10 PM
Silent/hidden maximums on image size, probably.  Since we're getting off topic (yet again), enjoy some Mami-sempai:

Lighting effects are a bit heavy, but I like the contrast between the heavy lines on her vs. the detail on the weapons.

Nice picture but it feels slightly off. It's like the artist is experimenting with light, angles and perception.
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?