News:

"Why do you call it soulriders?"
"Because we grind your souls, hopes, and dreams down ... and ride the wave."

Main Menu

Tower search and loot!

Started by Anastasia, February 11, 2006, 07:51:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Carthrat

"Pocket change is still pocket change," mumbles Saul. "Waukeen is impressed by amount, not poetic quantity." He quickly opens the cloth book to have a quick search through it, however, (though he's not planning on touching the zombiefied book).
[19:14] <Annerose> Aww, mouth not outpacing brain after all?
[19:14] <Candide> My brain caught up

Anastasia

OOC - Saul, make an intelligence check.
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Carthrat

[00:10] <%Carthrat> roll 1d20 intelligence!
[00:10] * Serith bats the dice around, getting a roll for Carthrat : [ 1d20=15 ]{15}

Pass by 2.

Iron Dragoon

*hoists himself up from the floor and goes back up the stairs to the second floor, Serith in tow*

"Lets see what we can find, eh girl?"

*pats Serith behind her ears and starts his search*
This is not the greatest post in the world, no... this is just a tribute.

Anastasia

It is a difficult read.

This is not a bad thing, however, as it plays to something Saul knows! This is clearly the diary of a mage. The writings begin on interesting but pendantic matters not worth going into - a lucid tone as magical theorums and applications are discussed. It is of interest in an academic sense for Saul. (+100 EXP bonus for mage only.)

However, dry text soon changes. As the nameless writer delves into necromancy, a frentic bent soon emerges, as well as a mention of them. Those lovely things, not named for five pages, and then only with a growing reference - maggots. Magical theory intertwined with paeans of love for these disgusting carrion creatures, a churning blend of necromancy, growing delusions, and maggots. Soon the talk loses any lucidity, ranting on about certain points 'Darkstone' 'Eternal life with those that are Lovely' 'Power' 'Those fools! I won't let them take it!' 'Worthless grandson! Worthless! Talentless!'

On the last pages the tone takes a shaking, triumphant quality. In sick detail the Wet Lung Disease is gone into, his decline heralded as a 'travel into the true form of existance!' and a promise of 'That the JEWEL will summon them all to me. I will be with the lovelys forever!' The last passage is a grim tale, exulting even as his hand shakes so much that his writing is difficult to read.
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

<Afina> Forever.

Iron Dragoon

> roll d20
* Serith bats the dice around, getting a roll for Iddy : [ 1d20=6 ]{6}

Carthrat

Saul shakes his head as he puts away the book, musing to himself.

"And to think that I learned magic to raise myself up. For this one, all it did was pull him down," he murmurs, hands absently moving in a familiar prayer to Waukeen- one to again protect him from evil.

He walks over to the larger, zombie-faced book, and when he's suitably protected, starts leafing through it, hoping for it to merely be a spellbook with a fearsome cover.

Anastasia

This is not a task Serith likes.

While she complies, the barrels and bowls of maggots turn her stomach, the search one of through a farm of these foul creatures. Thus it is difficult to search, but Darius finds one thing of note before Serith begins to demand to leave strongly - just poking out from a deep pool of writhing bugs is a drawstring. Pulling it out reveals another simple cloth pouch. Inside you find a sight for tried eyes - bound in twine are six stacks of three coins each, ten copper pence on the outside of each three coin sandwich, and a golden griffon on the inside.

OOC - That's 12 CP and 6 GP total, in other words.
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

OOC - Saul, elaborate on what you just did?
<Afina> Forever.

Carthrat

OOC - I recast protection from evil on myself, then walked back to the creepy zombie book and opened it.

Iron Dragoon

*slings the coins over his shoulder and heads back down to the first level with a grimace of a churning stomach and continues to search there.*

"Ugh.. At least there's fresh air down here..."

Anastasia

Serith lies down once outside, resting and breathing in the cool evening air as she recovers. You are getting strong vibes that she'd rathern not go up there again if she can help it.
<Afina> Forever.

Iron Dragoon

*rubs Serith's back a bit and leaves her to her own devices for now and goes back in, wandering around the first floor, idly looking for anything of interest, and to simply waste some time..*

Anastasia

The cover opens smoothly - far too smoothly. It opens as if well kept and oiled, the pages feather light and clean. But...but..but...!

Even on the first page you find MAGERY! Real magic, spells charted therein! The first one is simple and easy to read - you feel that you could learn this. The name of the spell is 'The etherial touch of the gravestricken', sending a grave cold chill to whomever the mage touches. You think, anyway. There are more spells within from what you see, too!
<Afina> Forever.