News:

Because we're grown ups now, and its our turn to decide what that means.

Main Menu

Dracol Arc

Started by Asrana, September 01, 2002, 11:27:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Asrana

Sefeya smiled in amusement, her arms crossing. "Yes, may I come in?" she asked, her eyes moving to look beyond Wraith for a moment before returning her gaze to his face.
lt;Kotono>  (Currently looks like a 16-year-old girl):I walk up to the leader and say, "Are you so sure you want our money?" and use my alter self ability to grow a massive bulge in my pants.

Bean Bandit

Wraith grinned and stepped aside. "By all means." he said, bowing slightly.
---
I love the games I've played here.

Asrana

Sefeya slipped past Wraith, her smile only a slight upturn of her lips now. "As for your earlier question, yes, I would remember something like this if I encountered it before." she said softly, shrugging and sitting at the table in Wraith's quarters. "But, that could have been a type of creature I hadn't seen or heard of before, or someone I've never met, or someone I have met that was using a transformation of some sort." Drawing her tachi slowly, she removed a cloth from within her cloak and began clearing away the ground chitin along its edge.
lt;Kotono>  (Currently looks like a 16-year-old girl):I walk up to the leader and say, "Are you so sure you want our money?" and use my alter self ability to grow a massive bulge in my pants.

Bean Bandit

Wraith nodded, and cleaned his knife that he'd retrieved from the corpse.

"Hmm...any significance to the timing, or just bad luck, you think?"
---

Asrana

Sefeya re-sheathed her tachi, frowning. "It seems to just be bad luck, but if that was a transformation, it'd probably be well timed. Those spells take a lot of resources, too much to waste just charging after me as soon as possible." Tapping a finger on the polished wood of the table absently, she eyed Wraith. "Which would mean someone wants to remove me before the princess gets here."

Bean Bandit

"If it was a transformation..." Wraith nodded, "Then you're probably right. I assume you have someone autopsy the corpse, looking for those sorts of things?"
---

Asrana

Sefeya nodded. "Yes...though the only clues we have to things like this are how well adapted to our world they are. Creatures summoned usually live in environments different enough to change their anatomies significantly," she explained, , removing her gloves and letting her fingernails tap the polished wood.

Bean Bandit

Wraith frowned.

"So no matter how much information the corpse yields, we'll be no more enlightened than we were before, right?"
---

Asrana

Sefeya shook her head. "No, we should be able to tell if it's a summon or transformation. hich will give us possible clues to how this was done."

Bean Bandit

Wraith nodded. "Well...I suppose so. And thus begins the legwork to trace it backwards?"
---

Asrana

Sefeya nodded, "But that won't be a job for us, by the time the autopsy is finished, the princess will be here. She is your mission, and mine."

Bean Bandit

Wraith's dubious expression, the same one he'd worn when Sefeya had contacted him for the job, returned. "Right...Sefeya-dono, what're the restrictions on this job?"
---

Asrana

"If someone threatens the life of the princess and you're not told to capture them for questioning, you may kill them. While the princess is your commander, you do not need to clear everything with her, but please clear anything major with me or her, and tell one of us about any bodies that are not already public. Otherwise, you're to be a combatant paired with the princess."

Bean Bandit

Wraith blinked slightly. "That's...a fair bit of latitude, Sefeya-dono." he commented, impressed.

"Leaving my to my own devices won't cause trouble?"
---

Asrana

Sefeya grinned. "I'm counting on the princess and the other guards to keep you from going overboard. And stay with the princess, you're supposed to be her combat partner, and she'll be counting on you some of the time." Still smiling softly, Sefeya stood up. "Any other concerns?"