News:

"It occured to me while drunk, so it must have been genius."

Main Menu

Loot - Cocktrice hunt

Started by Anastasia, April 14, 2006, 10:55:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anastasia

After some unplesant climbing and work, Saul and Darius recover the pyrotrice! The hard work paid off, it's body limp when you get to it. While some feathers are ruined, seven are still quite viable. At least a few of those should make excellent quills, Saul thinks.

OOC - Take what you want and describe if you're doing any more searching or prodding about.
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Carthrat

Saul searchs the pyrotrice, looking in particular for any unusual quills! He's heard that the creatures possess an individual red quill each, or the like- possibly, the unique feather will be more potent than a common one.

Additionally, he tries to recall what other uses a dead pyrotrice might serve a mage with.
[19:14] <Annerose> Aww, mouth not outpacing brain after all?
[19:14] <Candide> My brain caught up

Iron Dragoon

*Darius leaves the looting of the corpse to Saul and heads in to check the cave for anything of use, tossing a comment a comment to Saul as he heads in.

"Hey, Saul, grab some of those feathers for me.. I'll probably get the head when I come out."
This is not the greatest post in the world, no... this is just a tribute.

Anastasia

Quote from: "Carthrat"Saul searchs the pyrotrice, looking in particular for any unusual quills! He's heard that the creatures possess an individual red quill each, or the like- possibly, the unique feather will be more potent than a common one.

Additionally, he tries to recall what other uses a dead pyrotrice might serve a mage with.

No good on that - the quill in question was damaged. It might be salvagable for al esser purpose, however, only some of the right side is torn off.

OOC - Make an int check on that, Saul. +1
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

Quote from: "Iron Dragoon"*Darius leaves the looting of the corpse to Saul and heads in to check the cave for anything of use, tossing a comment a comment to Saul as he heads in.

"Hey, Saul, grab some of those feathers for me.. I'll probably get the head when I come out."

The cave goes back a little ways. There isn't much of note - just dripping water and a smell of moldy stone.
<Afina> Forever.

Carthrat

[02:28] * Serith bats the dice around, getting a roll for Carthrat : [ 1d20=3 ]{4}
OOC: Passssed.

Frowning, Saul gathers it up anyway, along with the seven usable feathers, carefully placing them in an envelope.

Anastasia

Quote from: "Carthrat"[02:28] * Serith bats the dice around, getting a roll for Carthrat : [ 1d20=3 ]{4}
OOC: Passssed.

Frowning, Saul gathers it up anyway, along with the seven usable feathers, carefully placing them in an envelope.

Ingredients in fire resistance potions and various fire related spells/items. Pretty much what you'd expect.
<Afina> Forever.

Iron Dragoon

Quote from: "Anastasia"The cave goes back a little ways. There isn't much of note - just dripping water and a smell of moldy stone.

*Darius returns from a quick a look into the cave.

"Eh, nothin' there. Want me 'ta check any 'a the others?"

Carthrat

Saul tsks, producing a knife and a bag, and starts to go about the grisly business of gathering up those materials that might be useful for such endeavours.

The price of being a mage...

Carthrat

"Mmm, I'll be a while with this stuff," says Saul, hands quickly bloodied by the work. "If you run into something, give me a yell."

Iron Dragoon

Quote from: "Carthrat""Mmm, I'll be a while with this stuff," says Saul, hands quickly bloodied by the work. "If you run into something, give me a yell."

"Sure thing."

*Darius heads towards the other caves, looking for signs of recent use by the creature(s), and searches what caves he can get to.

Anastasia

OOC - This'll take some work with rope climbing, Darius. Many of the caves are above body level, remember. You okay with that - it'll take some time and there's a slight risk ofa fall unless you have more advanced climbing gear on you.
<Afina> Forever.

Iron Dragoon

Quote from: "Anastasia"OOC - This'll take some work with rope climbing, Darius. Many of the caves are above body level, remember. You okay with that - it'll take some time and there's a slight risk ofa fall unless you have more advanced climbing gear on you.

OOC- That's cool. I got like 43 HPs worth of falling I can do. ;)

Anastasia

OOC - Make a cumulative dex check +3. Post the roll from #mk or #dunes.
<Afina> Forever.

Iron Dragoon

Quote from: "Anastasia"OOC - Make a cumulative dex check +3. Post the roll from #mk or #dunes.

> roll d20+3
* Serith bats the dice around, getting a roll for Iddy : [ 1d20=9 ]{12}
Passage. Dex: 17