"Our arrogance is our power."

Main Menu

Webcomic of the moment

Started by Dracos, April 16, 2006, 12:45:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rukatin

Quote from: Kaldrak on July 26, 2015, 05:18:39 AM
http://soultocall.com/

That was a fun little read, i'll keep track of it now.

For something of similar taste I have Not Drunk Enough http://www.ndecomic.com/
Relatively new webcomic about a repairman named Logan called in on the nightshift to some big corporate building. He finds that something terrible has happened to it that has left it infested with monsters. Now he has to figure a way to get out alive. Also, blood likes to splatter his face.

Two Guys and Guy http://www.twogag.com/
A Hopeless Loser. An Amoral Sociopathic Scientist. And a Cold Hearted Bitch. Wayne, Frank, and Guy are the 'friends' that make up this gag-a-day comic strip.
I'm going to need your signature for the metric ton of whoop-ass you're about to receive.

"A 'Cult'? Such disrespect for other people's beliefs."
"You enslave minds!"
"And I believe that's okay."

Kaldrak

Glad you liked it Ruk. I read both of those. They're pretty good.

Alright, time for some more recommendations.

http://www.konradokonski.com/SITM/

Stick In The Mud is about a guy named Rod whose longtime girlfriend breaks up with him right before the start of the story. He of course, gets smashed and wakes up with a mighty hangover the next morning, oh and the deed to a bar which he apparently bought while drunk. The twist is that the bar sits over a portal to the underworld and monsters and demons come crawling up from below...to have a drink, because apparently the underworld has piss poor beer. The other characters are John, Rod's lush of a sister who apparently has a history of stealing his girlfriends. Paula, a mellow soul who isn't nearly as one-dimensional a pothead as she first appears. Jellybean, who has some kind of strange aura that attracts women wherever he goes. And finally Lamia, a succubus who is rather bad at her job.

The comic is a bit NSFW as there is nudity and swearing, but it's witty and amusing and irreverent and the art is good. It updates regularly.

The other comic I'll recommend right now is this one:

http://tpoh.smackjeeves.com/

I cannot accurately express just how much I love The Property Of Hate. It's a fantastical journey into a surreal world where thoughts and ideas and concepts have physical forms and simply being near them can cause them to affect you. The main characters are RGB, a snappily dressed man with a cane and an old TV set for a head and Hero, a young girl who he recruits for some enigmatic purpose. The comic is poetic and strange and the writing and the dialogue are both superb and the artwork is really really GOOD.

Oh and the artist/writer is a badass who is currently doing a lot of work with her left hand because she injured her right arm a few months ago. I have yet to see any appreciable drop in quality in the artwork because of it and that is DAMN impressive. I cannot stress enough just how good this comic is. Unfortunately, due to her injury, the interval between comics has increased considerably and the updates have become sporadic.
"Do what you want to do. Do what you like doing. Write the stories you want to see written and give other people the same courtesy. That is all that is important."

Dracos

Mmm.  It's been some time since I last looked at TPOH.  It's still good but at the sametime... yeah hasn't gone much.

http://www.maricomics.com/twbthoth/book Read the well by the house on the hill today.  It's like...15 minutes long tops, beginning to end.  Some cuteness but basically an idea that was stillborn even though its a completely finished webcomic.
Well, Goodbye.

Dracos

Soul to call is kinda neat.  *finishes it*
Well, Goodbye.

Jason_Miao

A Naruto parody, translated from Spanish and using SD characters.  It is not the most hilarious thing I've ever read. Still, there were a few parts that I found to be laugh-worthy

Arakawa

Quote from: Jason_Miao on September 03, 2015, 06:34:54 PM
A Naruto parody, translated from Spanish and using SD characters.  It is not the most hilarious thing I've ever read. Still, there were a few parts that I found to be laugh-worthy

Ninja water walking technique:

Spoiler: ShowHide

That the dead tree with its scattered fruit, a thousand times may live....

---

Man was made for Joy & Woe / And when this we rightly know / Thro the World we safely go / Joy & Woe are woven fine / A Clothing for the soul divine / Under every grief & pine / Runs a joy with silken twine
(from Wm. Blake)

Merc

Reading Darths and Droids, a retelling of the Star Wars movies as a tabletop roleplaying game.
<Cidward> God willing, we'll all meet in Buttquest 2: The Quest for More Butts.

Dracos

It's amusing...though their avatar one was better :)
Well, Goodbye.

tabyk

Just started reading Stick In The Mud.  About 40 pages into it and I'm already hooked for life.  >_>
"ZenCrafters!  Total enlightenment... in about an hour."

Rukatin

Quote from: tabyk on December 31, 2015, 12:15:17 AM
Just started reading Stick In The Mud.  About 40 pages into it and I'm already hooked for life.  >_>
Heh, yeah. that's a good one.
I'm going to need your signature for the metric ton of whoop-ass you're about to receive.

"A 'Cult'? Such disrespect for other people's beliefs."
"You enslave minds!"
"And I believe that's okay."

Kaldrak

Quote from: Rukatin on December 31, 2015, 09:28:35 PM
Quote from: tabyk on December 31, 2015, 12:15:17 AM
Heh, yeah. that's a good one.

Glad I could recommend something you both liked. ^_^
"Do what you want to do. Do what you like doing. Write the stories you want to see written and give other people the same courtesy. That is all that is important."

Jason_Miao

http://imgur.com/a/8W2FU

Xianxia parody webcomic, translated.

The story follows a Dimensional Traveler who suddenly wakes up one day to find himself as the senior disciple of a martial arts sect.   He has supreme skills, supreme talent, and a powerful family background.  And his thought is "Hey, wait a moment.  In xianxia, isn't this the background of someone that gets killed by the Main Character or the Boss to show how powerful they are?"

Empyrean

QuoteXianxia parody webcomic, translated.
Almost every man in this webcomic looks like a woman.

Jason_Miao

Quote from: Empyrean on April 27, 2016, 06:07:58 AM
QuoteXianxia parody webcomic, translated.
Almost every man in this webcomic looks like a woman.

Heh.  Chinese webcomic drawn in anime style (big eyes, small mouth).  I remember noticing this, and discounted it in the first few strips since there's plenty of manga that does the "every male is a bishounen" thing.

Kaldrak

Do you all like ghost stories? I do. Here's a couple of good ones.

http://lapsecomic.com/comic/2011/11/13

Lapse is the story of a young woman named Bianca, who saw a ghost when she was a kid. Things take a turn for the worst when she falls down the stairs and gets knocked out of her body and into the spirit realm. Much of the comic is her trying to deal with other ghosts, many of whom don't properly remember who they are or why they're there. Oh and there's a nightmarish black skull demon thing with glowing red eyes that seems to be after her.

I like the artwork, especially how expressive all of the body language is. The story is a bit spooky, but not really all that scary, in my book. It seems to mostly deal with the question of what might happen after death, and what you would do if nobody else knew any answers either. What if you still exist, but were tied to an idea or a place, reliving the same scenes, unable to move on? The comic seems to update slowly and there have been a couple of long hiatuses, so be warned. It's currently updating once a week.

http://www.wildelifecomic.com/comic/1

Wilde Life is simply gorgeous. It's the story of a guy named Oscar Wilde (no relation to the famous writer), who decides to move out into the country. The small town he moves to is literally called Podunk and there are supernatural things afoot aplenty. It starts with him meeting the resident ghost in his rental house, a charming woman named Sylvia. And THEN things start to get really weird.

The artwork is really really good and the writing is quite witty. I love all of the characters in the cast, from Oscar and Sylvia to a werewolf teenager named Clifford (his wolf shape is red, which amuses the hell out of everyone). There are ghosts, werewolves, spirit bears, strange glowing things, witches, and who knows what else that's going to be introduced down the line. It updates pretty regularly so you should go check it out if you like quality artwork and storytelling.