"I sense a soul in search of answers.  I shalt eat him."

Main Menu

Kain

Started by Bean Bandit, September 02, 2002, 09:30:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yuthirin

MAN, she's cute!

FOCUS!

He smiled cheerfully at the man on the screen. "Good morning, Rail! What can we do for you today?"
What if they're not stars at all? What if the night sky is full of titanic far-off lidless eyes, staring in all directions across eternity?

Bean Bandit

The dark haired man on the screen smirked a little.

"Just a small job today, Kain. I would have had one of our operatives look into it, but we don't have a ship as sturdy as yours. "

Rail glanced down at his desk. "Over in the Caperia sector, an...anomaly showed up in the shipping routes. unfortunately, the gravitaional turbulence prevents anyone from getting close enough to find out exactly what is there, and it distorts long range scanners. We need someone tough enough to get in, and find out what exactly has shown up. Up to the job?"

Rail grinned, a hint of a challenge in his eyes.
---
I love the games I've played here.

Yuthirin

He grinned in spite of himself. "Of course we're up to it. You expected us to turn you down?" He glanced at Canal. "Besides, we can always use more money. Just send us the details and we'll get right on it."
What if they're not stars at all? What if the night sky is full of titanic far-off lidless eyes, staring in all directions across eternity?

Bean Bandit

Rail nodded casually, smirking.

"I thought you might. Aiming a subspace transmission at you, then. Sending....now."

Canal bent over her console, cheerily adjusting the signal recievers.

"Recieving now..."

She gave him a short nod and a smile once the transmission was completed.

Rail nodded casually, and a brown haired girl could be seen entering the office behind him. "Look forward to hearing from you, Kain...Guardians out."

And with that, the forward viewsceen went dead. Canal looked up at him expectantly. "Orders, Kain?"
---

Yuthirin

Grinning widely, he hopped into the Captain's chair.

"Let's go!"

Bean Bandit

Canal blinked looking at him oddly for a moment, then shrugged and smiled. "Okay!" And without even bending over her console, Kain could feel the ship lurch under his feet as it pointed itself at it's newest desination.

Canal turned to him as the ship got underway, and turned on a bright smile.

"I get to go shopping with this paycheck, like you promised, right Kain? There's some new-model missles I've had my eye on..."
---

Yuthirin

Completely missing the odd look she gave him, he smiled. "Sure, as long as you don't put us into debt."

Bean Bandit

Canal managed an innocent look. "When have I ever done that?"
---

Yuthirin

He blinked.

...Craaaap. I don't know the dates!

"From what I can remember, you've done it multiple times."

Bean Bandit

Canal pouted slightly.

"Aw, but you can't tell me my babies didn't come in handy..."
---

Yuthirin

"...that is entirely beside the point. I can't eat missiles and lasers, you know." He frowned.

Bean Bandit

Canal frowned. "And don't you dare try. We have LOTS of ration packages!"
---

Yuthirin

He rolled his eyes. "Ration packages get old and boring, Canal. Once in a while, I need something special. Something with more flavor than toilet paper."

Bean Bandit

Canal appeared to consider this...for about a hundredth of a second. She smiled cheerfully. "Don't worry about a thing, Kain. I'll be good."
---

Yuthirin

"Okay, then." He nodded, smiling. "How long until we get there?"