News:

Game for the gaming god; co-op for the entertainment couch!

Main Menu

Vicious

Started by Bean Bandit, September 03, 2002, 02:58:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bean Bandit

To Vicious utter astonishment, reflexes seemed to take over, as he executed the move flawlessly, and the sword speared through muscle and tendon nearly effortlesstly as the gleaming blade pierced the heart and exploded out the man's chest...

The thug died before Vicious could withdraw his sword.

---
I love the games I've played here.

Carthrat

Vicious retracted the sword, and stared at in wonder for a moment, wide-eyed.

Shaking away his comical expression, he shoved the thug's corpse away and knelt down to check on Lin...
[19:14] <Annerose> Aww, mouth not outpacing brain after all?
[19:14] <Candide> My brain caught up

Bean Bandit

Lin was breathing fine, but examination of the where he'd been hit revealed matted, bloody hair...
---

Carthrat

Vicious thought quickly, then came to a conclusion.

Lin had a damaged head; there wasn't much he could do for him out here. So...

He had to get to the warehouse with Lin!

Vicious couldn't tell if Lin was unconcious or not, so he spoke.

"Lin, can you stand?" he murmured into Lin's ear, keeping a wary eye out for other members of this gang that might decide killing Vicious was a good idea..

Bean Bandit

Lin stirred slightly and began to struggle to his feet, nodding slowly, while mumbling apologies.

The people surrounding them, on the other hand, seemed content to level icy cold glares at them, and no further challengers broke their ranks.

The large asian man stood slightly in front of his people, arms crossed.

"As promised, we will not hold you responsible for this. However, I suggest you leave now, before any misguided loyalty surfaces among others..."
---

Carthrat

Vicous shrugged in response, and moved off with Lin, heading towards the Safehouse...

Bean Bandit

Fortunately, thanks to Vicious' memory, they had no trouble in reaching the safehouse. Lin was awake and largely coherent, though he was beginning to grown unsteady on his feet...
---

Carthrat

Vicious ordered Lin to lie down.

Lin did so.

Then, Vicious decided to take a look around the safehouse...

It wasn't that big, but then again, it didn't need to be. There was a kitchen, a lounge with a couple small coffee tables and an expensive TV, what appeared to be an arms cabinet (interestingly enough, containing a couple of pistols, the two flashbangs Vicious had ordered, a couple of throwing knives and throwing stars, and interestingly enough, a wrist crossbow, which contained four small bolts. There was also a sword stand in the room, holding all three swords.

Vicious grabbed the flashbangs, and reached for one of the guns;

Then drew his hand back. As much as Carthrat might need one, Vicious shouldn't, and Carthrat HAD to act like Vicious.

To an extent. There was no way he was gonna put up with Vicious' lame fashion sense...

The clothing in the house was also fairly expensive, considering it was just a safehouse. Unfortunately, most of it seemed to be just black clothing. But there *was* one interesting article to the side...

After getting changed, Vicious admired himself in the mirror. Reflective sunglasses. White-grey good pants. Black belt. White sleeveless vest. Brown Trenchcoat.

And dammit, he looked GOOD. The inner Carthrat of Vicious was still marvelling at the opportunities open to him...

He managed to fit out his coat with two shuriken and two knives, then set to work figuring out how to use the mini-crossbow.

He also found a useful-looking device in the coffee table, which looked suspiciously like the scanner Spike had used in that episode about the fridge..

Vicious chuckled, before pocketing the scanner...

After a few minutes (and a bolt in the wall), Vicious managed to work out how to load and fire it properly, and attached it to it's rightful spot on his wrist.

He pocketed his mobile phone, then turned back to the mirror.

And he still looked every part the backstabbing villian Vicious was...

Carthrat

Then... what to do next?

He tried to repress it. He made up little games in his head. He went through a couple of motions with his sword. He even watched TV, something he'd practically sworn off doing in his former life.

But there was no escaping it. In this, situation of all situations...

Carthrat was bored.

Common sense dictated that he should enjoy the boredom while it lasted, as it wasn't likely to last much longer.

But Lin was asleep; it was still daytime, he wasn't tired, and he had a bank account that was burning a hole in his pocket.

Against everything logic, danger, and caution screamed at him, he rationlised it; he was Vicious, sure, but he wasn't about to spend his entire life simply killing, killing more, and then eventually killing everyone above him until he got killed.  

He almost went outside.

Thankfully, he checked the safehouse fridge first; and found a couple of bottles of vodka.

There was no orange juice, and Carthrat didn't know how to properly mix drinks; so he had a couple of shots.

After all, no point living if you can't be alive, right?

After a few more shots, he turned in for the night..