Adventure 12: The second D revealed!

Started by Carthrat, June 06, 2006, 02:55:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Carthrat

[00:30] <@Ana-working> A journey north! Past the coastal forests of Almekia, pressing into the plains and heartlands! Wider roads are the norm here at first, safe and easy travel, until you have to branch off. Again it becomes more secluded, orderly farms replaced by open fields, tangled forest and rocky knolls. After several days of travel you come to Zealand's Square - a small village, a cluster of brick and stone buildings. The people here seem to move fast
[00:30] * Mako-chan (~WinNT@d207-216-158-77.bchsia.telus.net) Quit (Ping timeout)
[00:30] * Makoto (~WinNT@d207-216-158-77.bchsia.telus.net) has joined #dunes
[00:31] <@Ana-working> A place to rest or search for information, perhaps. Several hundred souls strong, even what appears to be a small church of Orial in the center of town.
[00:32] <@Ana-working>  The people here seem to move fast, most going into a broad, squatted building proclaimed the 'Wyvern's Tongue'.
[00:33] * @Elaine (elaine@cpe-72-181-119-105.houston.res.rr.com) Quit (Ping timeout)
[00:34] * @SirGavin leads the group to the Wyvern's Tongue, presuming it to be an inn and a reasonably good base of operations for the moment.
[00:34] * @Saul clicks at the church of Orial. So... predominant.
[00:35] * Merc is now known as Elaine
[00:35] * @Seryf just boredly rides along, primely interested in any dragon appearances, but not particularly these small human towns. Some can be interesting, but well...this one's pretty small.
[00:37] <@Ana-working> Horses and wagon are secured. There is notably plenty of space for such, as if at one point such things were expected and normal here. A few dogs yap at the party as they go in, canines at Seryf in particular at the moment. Inside - a large taproom, inn front and performance room at once. A fat bard sings warbling notes as the townfolk drink and chat, eyes glancing at the travellers.
[00:38] * @SirGavin heads over to talk to the innkeeper, seeking to procure room + any information on the dragon sightings.
[00:39] * @Darius yawns and stretches in the doorway, Serith only slightly behind him..
[00:39] * @Saul doesn't seem inclined to speak to anyone, looking to be in a remarkably bad mood.
[00:40] <@Ana-working> Serith hangs back - no fool, staying out of sight of the normal people inside. The innkeep is a tubby old man, taking your oders. "Mmm. 2 Griffons for the lot 'o you. But the dragon?" His voice lowers a moment, "'nother group o' crazies lookin' to die?"
[00:41] <@Elaine> "Lots of people dying?" Elaine pipes up with a raised eyebrow.
[00:41] <@Saul> "I'll give you something to be crazy about..." mutters Saul, flopping on a seat somewhere and throwing dark looks around the room.
[00:42] * @Seryf gives Serith a good petting and a few scratches behind the ears before she follows the others in. "Well it's not particularly crazy, I'd say, but then, so likely did everyone before us," she murmurs.
[00:42] <@Ana-working> "Yes. Four of them last week - guy with an eyepatch, some s-s-...shaman was the word, a bard even worse than ol' Jefford there, and some ass in robes proclaiming himself a wizard. They never came back."
[00:43] <@SirGavin> "Fierce.  I'm not looking to die, but you understand, we cannot turn a blind eye to a growing dragon problem." Gavin placed down the gold.
[00:44] <@Seryf> "Well, if the bard's the measure..." Seryf smiles, shaking her head. "We have a might more chance, I'd say."
[00:45] <@Ana-working> The gold is scooped up and away, put behind the counter with the clatter of coin on coin. Wiping his hand son his shirt, "Hope so, by Orial! Neillard lost his arm to the dragon a few weeks back and his son, too. Got a good luck at the fiend."
[00:45] <@Ana-working> *look
[00:45] <@Saul> "What colour is it?" asks Saul, throwing his dire glance across the room.
[00:46] <@Ana-working> Saul gets some glances back - most don't eem inclined to really press the matter. "Color? Ask 'im yourself. Not something I'm versed on."
[00:47] <@SirGavin> "Where can we find him?"
[00:48] <@Ana-working> "Church. Still healin' up and getting used to be one armed." Again wiping his hands on his shirt as the singing bard hits a painfully sour note, "Wish ya luck or a good funeral."
[00:50] <@SirGavin> "My thanks," Gavin turned. "I'm going to go talk with him."  He headed out, towards the church.
[00:50] <@Saul> "Have fun with that," mutters Saul, not budging from his seat.
[00:51] * @Darius waves to Gavin as he leaves, settling into a seat.
[00:52] * Mako-chan (~WinNT@d207-216-158-77.bchsia.telus.net) has joined #dunes
[00:54] <@Ana-working> The trip there is without incident. You find Neillard in a room in back - resting on a pallet, left arm notably missing. A middle aged man, haggard adn thin cheeked. "...yeah?" he asks, barely turning to glance at Gavin. He sounds...lost. Lost and tired.
[00:55] * Makoto (~WinNT@d207-216-158-77.bchsia.telus.net) Quit (Ping timeout)
[00:56] * @SirGavin heads over. "Greetings, I am Sir Gavin of the Sword. I heard the dragon has taken much from you."
[00:58] <@Ana-working> "...My first and only born...and my livelihood." Sourly turning to Gavin, "So the knights finally came down this way?"
[00:59] <@SirGavin> "Something like that.  Though clearly too late for your son." Gavin kneeled. "My apologies."
[01:02] <@Ana-working> "...what is it you want?" Going on tiredly, turning away, "Ask, so I can mourn in peace, knight."
[01:04] * @SirGavin nods. "Anything you can tell me about the dragon. It's color, it's size, anything about the way it attacked, where it came from, or where it went."
[01:04] <@Ana-working> "Too big..."S hivers, deep and painful, "A giant red blotch on the sky!"
[01:05] * @SirGavin nods, giving him a moment without prodding for more directly.
[01:12] <@Ana-working> "It...I just remember it was...red. Dark." Long quiet words after, turned away from Gavin. "Other guy...said it was strange. Red Dragons don't live here."
[01:12] <@SirGavin> "Not that I know of.  He struck at night?"
[01:13] <@Ana-working> "Nightfall...walking back from...picking berries and herbs for his bethroed's mother." A haggard look over at Gavin, tired. "...gonna...end up like the ones that didn't come back? You're just a knight...that things...."
[01:15] <@SirGavin> "I will be back.  I am not alone.  Where abouts did he attack?"
[01:16] <@Ana-working> "Hah...hah..." The poor man quakes in terror, voice breaking. "Comes from above...can't do anything but shake...Opeth...can't do anythin but shake...run...run....aaaah." Composing himself a moment. "N-North. North, the old trade roads.
[01:17] <@SirGavin> "Any large caves near there?  Mountains?"  Gavin gently laid a hand on his shoulder to steady the man.
[01:18] <@Ana-working> "Just...just...sinkholes. Old sinkholes..."
[01:20] * @SirGavin nods, deciding to go find a local ranger or constable. "Thank you. I'll do what I can to ensure it doesn't happen again." Gavin rose to leave.
[01:22] <@Ana-working> OOC - Going back to your friends or going to hunt down someone else?
[01:23] <@SirGavin> OOC: Hunt a constable, local knight, ranger, or priest.  In that order depending on what I can find
[01:24] <@Ana-working> OOC - Constable is out dealing with a matter that has no bearing on this. Something about crops. No local knight here. There is  atown ranger but he's currently out. The Priest of Orial for the town is here, however. He showed you in - nice fellow, young faced and with angelic curly blonde hair. Very slight, very quiet.
[01:26] <@SirGavin> "Greetings, priest.  I am Sir Gavin, hear to investigate the dragon sightings, I was hoping I could get someone to tell me about the area."
[01:27] <@Ana-working> "Aaah May Orial bless you," Bowing respectfully,  "What is it you wish to know, knight warrior?"
[01:29] <@SirGavin> "What can you tell me about the lands north of here around the old trade roads.  Specifically areas large enough to house a dragon."
[01:29] * Makoto (~WinNT@d207-216-158-77.bchsia.telus.net) has joined #dunes
[01:31] * Mako-chan (~WinNT@d207-216-158-77.bchsia.telus.net) Quit (Ping timeout)
[01:32] <@Ana-working> "Pleasant, a few trees. There are sinkholes at places, and moreso as you go afield. Stony, old sinkholes - I know a few caravans were lost to new ones opening far back in the days."
[01:32] * @Darius (iron_drago@c-67-163-119-32.hsd1.tx.comcast.net) has left #dunes
[01:32] <@SirGavin> "Any guesses on where the dragon might of holed up?"
[01:33] <@Ana-working> "I know not dragons - but I hope you are the answers to my prayers to Orial." Smiling to Gavin with a firm innocence, "The sinkholes speak of caves and weak earth, do they not?"
[01:35] <@SirGavin> "Likely.  I was thinking similar, though don't know where the larger ones are to start with.  A dragon of any size would need a larger one as an entrance or exit to an underground cave."
[01:36] <@Ana-working> "There are several - none near the main old road, as those were filled in and repaired back when the Crown maintained this road. Now a days? The largest isn't too far from a local lake - Lake Jannesia. I do know that villagers have gone to that lake several times without incident, however."
[01:37] <@SirGavin> "During the day or at night?"
[01:38] <@Ana-working> "Daytime mostly, but no issues whatsoever. That is the only sinkhol ethat sees regular visitors at all. So I would suspect that you would be wasting yoru time to check it."
[01:40] <@SirGavin> "Could you mark the ones you know of on a map?" Gavin asked.
[01:41] <@Ana-working> "Mmm, that would be a simple matter. Could you wait a few moments while I go fetch one?" The priest bows, leaving Gavni af ew moments. OOC - I need to open up paint. Be a moment!
[01:42] <@SirGavin> OOC: One sec, OOC room
[01:43] <@Ana-working> The map is handed over. Three large ones - one a mile northwest out of town, another four miles north est, and a third ten miles northeast.
[01:44] <@SirGavin> "Thank you.  And one other thing...any other information on where it has been seen?"
[01:45] * @SirGavin looks over the map examinining which are the closest to the old trade routes.
[01:45] <@Ana-working> "No...but I have heard rumors of...non villagers being affected. A scoundrel fled into town about a month ago, screaming about a red terror. No one paid him serious mind at the time, since he was known to be a troublemaker in a northern bandit group."
[01:47] <@SirGavin> "I assume he's long gone by now?"
[01:48] <@Ana-working> "Fled south like the hounds of Zamzar were after him." Agreement, the priest bowing his head.
[01:49] <@SirGavin> "Thank you for your aid, and may Orial give fortune to our travels.  We'll seek to see the beast gone."  Gavin thanked the priest and turned to leave back to his friends.
[01:51] * Mako-chan (~WinNT@d207-216-158-77.bchsia.telus.net) has joined #dunes
[01:51] <@Ana-working> Gavin finds his friends barring Serith in the inn, waiting and sipping what lookst o be achingly mediocre ale. The same fat bard sings, mostly unimpressive - Elaine coudl run rings around him.
[01:53] * @SirGavin sits down at the table with them, sharing the map.
[01:53] <@SirGavin> "We're dealing with a red.  At least a reasonably large one if the farmer is to be believed."
[01:54] <@Saul> "Red dragons breathe fire and aren't shy around it, either," mutters Saul.
[01:54] * Makoto (~WinNT@d207-216-158-77.bchsia.telus.net) Quit (Ping timeout)
[01:55] <@SirGavin> "What do you have for that, Saul?"
[01:56] * @Seryf hums. "Dragons..." she snickers, tapping the wooden table absently. "To think we'd ever be..."
[01:57] <@Saul> "I have spells that stop people getting burned." Langurously stretching out on the couch, his eyes roll over to Gavin. "I don't have anything to pull a knight out of a dragon's stomach, though."
[01:57] <@Ana-working> So the bard warbles on - he really isn't very good. Elaine can easily wince at the way he botches this poetry - wyvern and sunburn don't really ryhme."
[01:58] <@SirGavin> "I'll have to be sure not to get eaten.  It's not on my list of priorities anyways." Gavin replied dryly.
[01:59] <@SirGavin> "My thought is we start by scouting out the sink holes during the day."  Gavin pointed to the one four miles north.  "Starting with this one.  He's likely in the caves under them, which would keep him grounded at least."
[02:00] <@Saul> "It's unlikely he's going to be in a cave that doesn't have easy access to the air," remarks Saul.
[02:01] <@SirGavin> "Quite right.  But the best we can do is to scout it out."
[02:02] <@Ana-working> "Dragons?" Darius smirks a little, gulping down ale. "To think we'd be doing what?"
[02:02] <@Saul> "We could draw him out," remarks Saul. "Go out during the night and look like lost merchants."
[02:02] <@SirGavin> "I don't like that idea at all.  At night he'll be harder to shoot and will certainly already be in the air."
[02:03] <@SirGavin> "He'll also certainly be awake."
[02:03] <@Seryf> "Attacking dragons," Seryf answers Darius, shaking her head. "And yeah...it'd be a deal nicer to corner him on the ground, which means in his cave."
[02:04] <@SirGavin> "I'd rather trust our blades against his hide than I would trust our arrows as well."
[02:04] <@Saul> "If you, Gavin, and Darius were *flying*..."
[02:05] * @Elaine laughs. "That gives a funny mental image, Saul."
[02:05] <@SirGavin> "I also would rather bet  on ourselves on the ground rather than swooping about in the air.  I don't know about the others, but I'd bet the dragon is better in flight than I would be, even with a spell."
[02:05] <@Saul> "Of course he's not," replies Saul, shaking his head. "You're too small and can attack him from all angles. Trust me, flying is easy."
[02:06] <@Saul> "Striking at his cave is also possible. Keep in mind that it will be easier for the creature to catch you all with a single blast of flame."
[02:07] <@Saul> "My protections are not absolute."
[02:07] <@SirGavin> "We'll have to be cautious then."
[02:07] <@Ana-working> "Fire..." Darius mutters at that, "Yeah, I noticed."
[02:08] <@SirGavin> "Shall we scout out the north sinkhole before dark?"
[02:08] <@Saul> "We only need one person," notes Saul. "I'll turn them invisible and set them flying."
[02:10] <@SirGavin> "Fine.  Seryf or elaine?"
[02:10] <@Elaine> "Seryf? She's probably the better at sneaking I think," Elaine suggests.
[02:10] * @Seryf shrugs. "I did used to be a ranger," she murmurs in mild agreement.
[02:10] <@Saul> "You won't even need to touch the ground," notes Saul, blandly.
[02:11] * @SirGavin shrugs. "Either way, you go. We'll ask around the town I suppose and get more information while you're doing so."
[02:11] <@Saul> "In that case, let's head closer to the sinkhole. The fly spell lasts around an hour... and if you're still airborn at the end of that, a messy fate awaits you."
[02:12] * @Elaine winces. "Yeah, I can imagine."
[02:12] <@SirGavin> "Ah...Yes."  Gavin nodded with that and got up to head out.
[02:12] * @Seryf nods, standing. "Alright, if Elaine would rather I go..." she gives the youngster a teasing smile, snickering. "The elves it is."
[02:13] * Mako-chan is now known as Makoto
[02:13] * ChanServ sets mode: +ao Makoto Makoto
[02:13] <@Saul> "Here we come to save the day!" mumbles Saul, picking himself up and stalking out the inn.
[02:15] <@Seryf> "Neither of us believes that and you know it," Seryf answers dryly, following grumpy Saul out.
[02:18] * Ana-working is now known as Anastasia
[02:23] <@Anastasia> So out the party goes! The sinkhole four miles northest is a short trip - the road is flat and the ground is soft. Oddly soft - the trees are hearty and there are lots of rocks. As you go off the old, broad road to find this sinkhole, you note the earth lightly pressed down under your feet...
[02:24] <@Saul> "Alright. It's that way," says Saul, starting to cast his spells. "We'll wait around here, so... I don't know, steal Gavin's helmet when you return so we know it's you." In a few moments, Seryf is invisible to the eye, and feels a sudden lightness about her...
[02:25] * Mako-chan (~WinNT@d207-216-158-77.bchsia.telus.net) has joined #dunes
[02:25] * @Seryf snickers, speaking from ehr invisible state. "Right..." she murmurs, testing it by willing herself upwards curiously.
[02:26] <@Anastasia> It's easy enough. It's as if gravity has lost it's hold and power of Seryf! The ground is levitated off of without any pains.
[02:27] <@Elaine> "Good luck!" Elaine calls out to Seryf.
[02:27] <@Seryf> "Huh, okay. Thanks, Elaine!" Seryf answers, flying off in the direction of the cave.
[02:28] * @Makoto (~WinNT@d207-216-158-77.bchsia.telus.net) Quit (Ping timeout)
[02:51] <@Anastasia> So off Seryf flies. The skies are warm and clear this afternoon, the ground smaller below. It makes it far easier to find the sinkhole - a fourty foot circular cave in of the very terra firma you normally walk on. It's surrounded by rocks and a few hard shrubs that grow on collasped slopes. It's too dark to see in right now with all the sunlight messing up your infravision from far above.
[02:52] * @Seryf forwns, beginning to descend into the cave, at least keeping her nose open to scents as she heads in to the first possible location...
[02:56] <@Anastasia> The scent of earth fills Seryf's nose. Musty earth as she descends into teh shadows. It's a deep sinkhole - the ground past the soil is soft looking, greenish stone. Runs of gray pass through it, the entire thing having tiny perforations. Downs he goes - twenty feet, infravision kicking in. Another fourty or so feet tog o - there's some sort of chamber down here, but it looks empty from above. She won't know sur esure until she's down ther
[02:57] * Makoto (~WinNT@d207-216-158-77.bchsia.telus.net) has joined #dunes
[02:57] <@Anastasia> for sure until she's down there.
[02:58] * @Seryf frowns a little more, descending further and further cautiously, trying to remain sensitive to any signs of a dragon.
[02:59] * Mako-chan (~WinNT@d207-216-158-77.bchsia.telus.net) Quit (Ping timeout)
[03:00] <@Anastasia> So Seryf reaches the bottom! The ground is full of rocks and long displaced soils. There is a wide but shallow cave here, the hole entering through much of it's roof. A few puddles, bats hanging on the remaining ceiling. Despite being fairly large, you see no other passages or any sign of a dragonkin.
[03:01] * @Seryf makes a slow trace around the perimeter of the cave, just to make sure she doesn't miss any passages.
[03:01] <@Anastasia> OOC - Flying or walking?
[03:02] <@Seryf> OOC - Flying, don't want to disturb our rodent friends.
[03:03] <@Anastasia> This goes without incident. It's a normal, shallow cave. A bit ofw ater drips from the roof, splashing on Seryf's noggin by chance
[03:04] * @Seryf shakes her head, carefully flying back out and back to Saul.
[03:06] <@Anastasia> This goes without incident. There is no sign of a dragon by th etime Seryf returns.
[03:08] <@Seryf> Humming, Seryf floats over to Elaine silently, and picks her friend up by the waist. "Okay, I'm back," she adds after a moment, carrying her half-elf friend a foot off the ground.
[03:09] <@Elaine> "Eek!" Elaine exclaims as she's hoisted up.
[03:09] <@Saul> "Find anything?"
[03:10] <@Elaine> "Seryf! Put me down!"
[03:11] <@Seryf> "A cave, some bats," Seryf answers, hugging Elaine before lowering the other girl with a laugh. "Awww...but flying is fun!" she protests, none the less putting Elaine back on her feet.
[03:11] * @SirGavin laughs. "We have enough time to scout the southern cave as well?" Gavin checked with saul.
[03:12] <@Saul> OOC: How long has it been?
[03:12] <@Elaine> "I thought you were supposed to steal Gavin's helmet," Elaine says with a bit of a pout as she's put down.
[03:12] <@Anastasia> OOC: Maybe 15 minutes.
[03:12] <@Saul> "Should be alright," remarks Saul. "You've got another.. oh, three-quarters of an hour before the spell becomes unstable."
[03:13] <@Seryf> "That's hardly as much fun as stealing myself a new little sister," Seryf replies, smirk as evident in her voice as it can be in Darius'. "Mmm...okay, I won't stay out more than two thirds of an hour," Seryf nods, though no one can see it.
[03:14] <@Saul> "I'll cast fly on you all you want in our spare time."
[03:15] <@SirGavin> "Head south from here." Gavin gestured on the map. "We'll wait here for you."
[03:16] <@Seryf> "Right," Seryf agrees, racing off in that direction, keeping close track of time
[03:16] <@Seryf> *time.
[03:16] * @Elaine merely grumbles as Seryf disappears.
[03:18] <@Anastasia> Off Seryf goes! This hole is a little easier to find. The town can be seen from above as she finds it - it's in a little gully. Only about twenty five feet circular, but boy is it deep! Seryf has no clue how deep it is on a casual glance, she'd really have to go diving.
[03:19] * @Seryf whistles softly, wondering how much time she has left.
[03:19] <@Anastasia> Probably about 15 minutes, she'd guess. Give or take 5.
[03:20] * Mako-chan (~WinNT@d207-216-158-77.bchsia.telus.net) has joined #dunes
[03:21] * Makoto (~WinNT@d207-216-158-77.bchsia.telus.net) Quit (Ping timeout)
[03:22] <@Seryf> Going with the 'take 5' option and keeping close count, Seryf descends, deeper and deeper, looking for any trace, or smelling for any trace, of those fire and brimstone monsters known as dragons...
[03:23] * Saul is now known as Carthrat-Sleep
[03:23] <@Anastasia> Nope. Just earth at first - but by the gods it is deep! It narrows somewhat slowly, two hundred feet descended. But at last Seryf comes to a bottom. A vast underground hollow is beneath her - another one hundred feet at least to the bottom. You can see what looks like a body straight beneath you, and a vast cave, far too far to see fully from here, below.
[03:25] * @Seryf keeps going down, not letting herself cross that ten minute mark though as she moves towards the body.
[03:25] <@Anastasia> OOC - Int check, Seryf.
[03:25] <@Seryf> roll 1d20
[03:25] * +Serith bats the dice around, getting a roll for Seryf : [ 1d20=19 ]{19}
[03:26] <@Anastasia> Seryf is sure she has plenty of time left.  Down below is a skeleton. Rotting fur clothes are worn on it's frame, flesh long gone. A broken dagger is at it's side, the body's neck badly and visibly broken, as well as many of it's other bones.
[03:27] * @Seryf shakes her head, taking a look around. Any deeper passages?
[03:27] <@Anastasia> It goes on for quite a ways! Seryf heads down it - it seems to head...northish? North western? Just a long hollow, winding and passing down. No signs of a dragon so far.
[03:29] * @Seryf frowns, and begins to back out, ascending. That goes on for a long ways, and working with limited, even if plentiful, time on a flight spell, isn't her preffered method of gambling.
[03:31] <@Anastasia> The return to sunlight is refreshing, the clastrophobic caves left behind. So she returns - her spell is holding as she approaches the party back, at least for now.
[03:37] <@Seryf> Landing silently, Elaine suddenly feels a few open palm taps on her rear. "Hmmm...well, I guess you get plenty of exercise, so you don't need to watch what you eat, Elaine, but I'd still pay attention to your body to make sure it's healthy. Thought it certainly seems to be," Seryf's voice says from nowhere, trying to hold back her laughter and mayhaps keep something resembling a serious tone.
[03:41] <@SirGavin> "Welcome back, Seryf."
[03:41] <@Elaine> "Hey! Did you and Darius switch brains or something? Jeez!" Elaine complains.
[03:41] <@SirGavin> "What'd you find out?"
[03:43] <@Seryf> "No, I'm just having fun with invisibility," Seryf answers, beginning to laugh softly, setting down on the ground. "The other cave goes a long, long ways north or north west-ish, someone fell down it a long time ago, but I didn't see anything immediate. I'd want to go in with a new spell if I was going to do a full search or the like.
[03:47] <@SirGavin> "Reasonable enough."
[03:49] <@Anastasia> "That can be done," Saul adds in reply.
[03:51] <@SirGavin> "Let's move closer, so you have as much time as possible."
[03:51] <@Seryf> "Right," Seryf agrees, patting Elaine's shoulder. "Relax a little, Elaine, hm?" she snickers, before mounting her her horse, invisible.
[03:52] <@Anastasia> The trip to the first hole is without incident. On arrival, a safe ways away, the party can prepare. Saul casts Fly on Seryf again, freeing her from the bonds of gravity.
[03:54] * @Seryf gets out of her horse, disappearing again and down into the more familiar cave, heading deeper and deeper this time along the main passage, but trying to keep track of time, and not spend more than half an hour down here.
[03:54] <@Anastasia> OOC - Int check.
[03:55] <@Seryf> roll 1d20
[03:55] * +Serith bats the dice around, getting a roll for Seryf : [ 1d20=6 ]{6}
[03:57] <@Anastasia> Ten minutes down! Seryf flies down the cave - it does go on a ways. No bats in this one - but the roar ofw ater is begun to be heard. Ahead the ground sinks, giving even more vertical space to this vast hollow.
[03:57] * SirAlex is now known as HalbaradvsDunevsRatFreeForAll
[03:58] * @Seryf keeps going, using her eyes more and more as the water makes noise, a keen lookout as she heads deeper, still counting off time.
[03:59] <@Anastasia> 15 minutes are down as she comes ahead! Her eyes see a great waterfall here - a dead end at last? A segment of thew all gushes out water, roaring down into a deep basin! There is no clear river leading away from the lake, suggesting a tributary underneath it's dark waters. You can't see most of the waterfall wall, as the water covers it most primely.
[04:01] <@Seryf> Adn a red dragon likely wouldn't make it's lair in such a wet and cold place... Nodding to herself, Seryf retreats back up and out of the cave to rejoin her friends.
[04:01] <@Anastasia> As Seryf begins to go, something catches her eye. Something's moving in the water - something large.
[04:02] * @Seryf pulls back a bit, watching it fromt he cover of darkness, and ready to flee at a moment's notice.
[04:02] <@Anastasia> It's something dark, large and scary, but it doesn't broach the surface of the water.
[04:04] * @Seryf hums, taking her longbow out, knocking an arrow, pulling the weapon tight, and loosing the war shaft at the figure.
[04:04] * Makoto (~WinNT@d207-216-158-77.bchsia.telus.net) has joined #dunes
[04:05] <@Anastasia> OOC - THACO.
[04:05] <@Seryf> roll 1d20
[04:05] * +Serith bats the dice around, getting a roll for Seryf : [ 1d20=2 ]{2}
[04:05] <@Seryf> OOC - 11 for great justice!
[04:05] <@Anastasia> Woosh. Your arrow lands in the water, well away from the shape. But it does stop, thes urface of the water beginning to ripple and be stirred!
[04:06] * Mako-chan (~WinNT@d207-216-158-77.bchsia.telus.net) Quit (Ping timeout)
[04:06] * @Seryf knocks another and fires.
[04:06] <@Seryf> roll 1d20
[04:06] * +Serith bats the dice around, getting a roll for Seryf : [ 1d20=2 ]{2}
[04:06] -betamax.dejatoons.net:@#dunes- Seryf invited Hatbot into the channel.
[04:06] * Hatbot (~Hatbot@cpe-24-28-73-91.austin.res.rr.com) has joined #dunes
[04:06] * Seryf sets mode: -v Serith
[04:06] * Seryf sets mode: +v Hatbot
[04:07] <@Anastasia> This isn't good. Perhaps Seryf has been slacking on her bowmanship? Another complete miss! As she watches on, soemthing slimy and slender is coming out from the water - some sort of limb? No...not quite. What is it? Seryf isn't sure, but it's slithering out of the water, onto land and roughly towards Seryf!
[04:08] * @Seryf flees quickly, raising herself above the ground well aways, and fleeing as quickly as she safely can through the cave. Definitely not a dragon.
[04:09] <@Anastasia> Whatever it is is just fast enough to dart out, taking a rough swipe at Seryf as she goes!
[04:09] <@Anastasia> roll 1d20-4
[04:09] * +Hatbot --> "Anastasia rolls 1d20-4 and gets 5."12 [1d20=9]
[04:10] <@Anastasia> No good, whatever it is misses - it looks slimy and long, like an oversized...finger? Rope? Something like that, but Seryf is gone! Back and away, leaving the waterfall behind!
[04:11] <@Seryf> Well, the bow never was her preffered weapon... Shaking her head as she flees, back and up, up and up, to her firneds waiting with the horses.
[04:13] <@Anastasia> They are awaiting her above - but there is a surprise. They can see her coming this time, her invisibilty broken when she attacked and got the attention of whatever Gods forsaken beast was down there. No surprises this time?
[04:14] * Mako-chan (~WinNT@d207-216-158-77.bchsia.telus.net) has joined #dunes
[04:15] <@Seryf> Unfortunately not. Though she hadn't planned on anything particularly mischevious this time. "There's something down there, but it's no dragon. There's a lake with something...like a long slimy whip that came out at me," she shakes her head. "Well, that wasn't the whole thing, but I didn't stay to see more."

[23:56] <@Kotono> OOC - You guys are going to rest up a night? Anything you want to do of note in the interum/update spell lists?
[23:57] <@Saul> OOC - Cast Augury.
[23:58] <@SirGavin> OOC: Yes.  Not really.
[23:58] <@Saul> Saul petitions Waukeen, or a reasonable representative thereof for advice, magic-enchanted coin tumbling end-over-end in the air- "Is it best to attack the dragon in his lair, tomorrow?"
[23:59] <@Kotono> OOC - Roll for it.
[23:59] <@Saul> roll 1d100
[23:59] -gotham.dejatoons.net:@#dunes- Kotono invited Hatbot into the channel.
[23:59] * Hatbot (Hatbot@cpe-24-28-73-91.austin.res.rr.com) has joined #dunes
[23:59] * Kotono sets mode: +v Hatbot
[23:59] * +Hatbot --> "Saul rolls 1d100 and gets 11."12 [1d100=11]
Session Time: Mon Jun 05 00:00:00 2006
[00:00] <@Kotono> With the greatest peril comes the greatest profit.
[00:03] <@Saul> OOC: Well, I'm done
[00:06] <@Kotono> OOC - Anything else? Going once? Going twice?
[00:07] <@Saul> OOC - What, with auguries?
[00:07] <@Saul> OOC - Don't they screw up if you cast them several times?
[00:07] <@Saul> OOC - I could no doubt show off a couple more.
[00:07] <@Kotono> OOC - I mean in general.
[00:07] <@Saul> OOC: Mmhmm. not here...
[00:09] <@Kotono> The next morning!
[00:10] <@Kotono> The farthest sinkhole is in a bit of a depression. There is a slight valley here to begin with, the hole vast. A deep scar in the soil, at least sixty feet wide circular. This thing is massive and deep, far too deep to see down. You have to say a ways away, down the sharp slope into it.
[00:13] * Sailor_Moon (WinNT@user-766.l5.c4.dsl.pol.co.uk) has joined #dunes
[00:13] * ChanServ sets mode: +ao Sailor_Moon Sailor_Moon
[00:13] * @Usagi (WinNT@user-766.l5.c4.dsl.pol.co.uk) Quit (NickServ (GHOST command used by Sailor_Moon))
[00:13] * Sailor_Moon is now known as Usagi
[00:15] <@Saul> "Well, here we are," says Saul, peering down into the darkness, checking to see if it's actually possible to walk down.
[00:16] * @SirGavin examines the nearby wood listening for birds and things, stuff that probably would stay well away from a dragon's lair.
[00:17] <@Kotono> Not unless one likes falling a few hundred feet or more. It's a looooong, dark drop to whatever bottom awaits.
[00:18] <@Kotono> Gavin doesn't really see much wildlife, but he's not an expert, either. It is a bit quiet.
[00:19] * @Saul grimaces. "Alright. Gavin, I'm going to enchant you to fly, and to be invisible. If you're up to having a look, that is." He rubs a nervous hand through his hair, already thick with sweat. "If you can't see another way in, you'll need to carry us down. Climbing may be too noisy."
[00:20] <@SirGavin> "Okay.  Go ahead." Gavin said after thinking it over a second.
[00:21] * @Saul twists the ancient secrets of the universe, the binding forces that unite the cosmos, the very essence of what lies beyond sight itself... into tools of movement and deception, Gavin vanishing from sight.
[00:21] <@Kotono> So Gavin vanishes, cloaked into invisibility!
[00:22] <@Saul> OOC: And flying. Let's move on now~
[00:23] * @SirGavin heads down into the pit.
[00:23] * @SirGavin down down down.
[00:24] <@Kotono> It's a very long descent for Gavin. Gravity gives way under Saul's magery, allowing him to sink into the deep pit. Soon Gavin is consumed by darkness, no sunlight reaching this deep! It's pitch black, dank and smelly.
[00:26] <@SirGavin> (How smelly?  Normal with other caves I've been in?  Or any particular stench?)
[00:27] <@Kotono> roll 1d20
[00:27] * +Hatbot --> "Kotono rolls 1d20 and gets 4."12 [1d20=4]
[00:27] <@Kotono> (Just dank and smelly. Musty. A bit burnt? Youa ren't sure.)
[00:27] * @SirGavin heads up and taps Saul on the shoulder. "You know, perhaps we should send someone who can see in darkness."
[00:29] <@Saul> "I knew I forgot something," remarks Saul, sounding annoyed. "Well, you could carry someone down. Whoever has those stealthy boots would be a good choice."
[00:31] <@SirGavin> "Who wants to be carried?" Gavin glanced at his party.
[00:31] <@Saul> "We could also come back tomorrow.. that'll be a waste of the scroll, though," mutters Saul.
[00:33] <@Saul> "Ugh. I'll go, then," he mutters as the silence becomes overwhelming. "A moment." He briefly takes the time to cast protection from fire one himself. Just in case.
[00:34] * @SirGavin picks Saul up. "Ready?"
[00:34] <@Saul> "No. But let's go."
[00:34] <@Elaine> "Have fun clinging tightly to each other as you fly through a dark and musty cavern," Elaine offers cheerfully to the two men.
[00:36] * @SirGavin takes saul down there.
[00:36] <@Kotono> Down Gavin and Saul go! The depths are dark, but Saul can see thanks to his elven heritage. 150 feet down or so? Something far too long to consider jumping down before you come to a wide bottom. A wide, scorch marked bottom, a vast cavern hollowahead.
[00:38] <@Saul> "Going to cast a silence spell," says Saul. "Put me on the ground, but keep hold of my hand. If we need to get out, I'll let you know."
[00:39] * @SirGavin does just that. Staying quiet and a bit over the ground.
[00:40] * @Saul quickly casts his spell of silence on himself, before peering into the cavern, quietly walking forward, staying near the wall.
[00:46] <@Kotono> It's a very long cavern indeed! Silence takes over around Saul - but not for long! Ahead it gets warmer rapidly! Heat! Ahead in the caven - you can ee the glint of gold, and perhaps two, huge red eyes piercing the faraway darkness!
[00:46] * @Saul starts walking back!
[00:46] <@Kotono> roll 1d20
[00:46] * +Hatbot --> "Kotono rolls 1d20 and gets 12."12 [1d20=12]
[00:48] <@Kotono> As Gavin and Saul begin to walk back, they can see a shift, points of red and movements of wind coming their way!
[00:49] * @Saul starts running back!
[00:49] * @SirGavin picks up saul and flies out
[00:50] <@Kotono> So Gavin takes flight! With Saul in hand he makes it back to the sinkhole, racing up! AS he does, the walls around him shake! Above, Elaine and Seryf and Darius can hear a great roar, making the entire world quiver!
[00:51] * @SirGavin gestures to get to cover, ..or would were he not invisible. Heads to such himself.
[00:53] * @SirGavin gets to cover himself.
[00:54] * @Saul makes obvious waving motions, going for his horse, himself.
[00:54] * @Elaine nods and with the roar as well, quickly does as Saul and going for her horse.
[00:55] <@Seryf> "Uh oh..." Seryf murmurs, quickly following suit and heading for less exposed territory.
[00:57] <@SirGavin> Darius shakes his head. "Already?" and disappears into the woods with his Serith.
[01:00] <@Kotono> So Darius, Gavin and Seryf dart behind the trees! Meanwhile Saul and Elaine go for their horses, getting on them and the wagon!  As this happens? From the sinkhole it bursts out into th esky! A great long beast of ruby red, long and fearsome! It's scaled maw has sparks falling from it as it ascends and looks about! A feeling of terror fills your bones as the dragon roars! OOC - Elaine and Saul, you two are close enough to need Dragon Fear che
[01:01] <@Kotono>  OOC - Elaine and Saul, you two are close enough to need Dragon Fear checks. Save vs petrification.
[01:02] * @SirGavin carried Saul into the woods?
[01:06] <@Elaine> roll 1d20
[01:06] * +Hatbot --> "Elaine rolls 1d20 and gets 16."12 [1d20=16]
[01:07] <@Kotono> Elaine resists the terror that rises into her throat! The dragon's roar parts the air andmakes the world quake! Even if this is not a huge dragon, it's majesty is still unmistakeable! OOC - Actions and do initiative, let's get this going.
[01:07] * Kotono is now known as Dungeon_Kotono
[01:08] * @SirGavin can't do much to direct, being invisible, stays hidden though and listens for what the dragon is doing.
[01:09] <@Dungeon_Kotono> OOC - No initiative needed on that, Gavin. Others?
[01:10] * @Seryf stays hidded, watching the dragon, but mostly looking for some sort of direction from Saul,s ince this hadn't been a part of the initial planning.
[01:10] <@Seryf> *hidden
[01:10] <@Dungeon_Kotono> OOC - No initiative needed on that, Seryf, at leas tnot at the moment. Saul/Darius/Elaine?
[01:10] * @Saul hands the silenced stone to Gavin, making gestures and pointing towards the dragon, then waving his arms as if he wants something to rise.
[01:11] <@Saul> OOC - Then, I want to cast spectral hand.
[01:11] <@Saul> OOC - After Gavin expertly moves away.
[01:11] <@Dungeon_Kotono> OOC - Okay.
[01:11] * @SirGavin puts Saul down and figures he's going to guide the others, sticking the stone in his pouch and lifting up towards the forest roof, not quite breaking it but looking at the dragon to plan his assault.
[01:12] <@Dungeon_Kotono> OOC - Okay, I'll say that takes enough time for Saul to get off Spectral Hand this round.(Silence is out of range). Go ahead and do initiative, Saul.
[01:13] <@Saul> roll 1d20+2
[01:13] * +Hatbot --> "Saul rolls 1d20+2 and gets 16."12 [1d20=14]
[01:13] <@Saul> roll 1d10+2 dammit
[01:13] * +Hatbot --> "Saul rolls 1d10+2 dammit and gets 6."12 [1d10=4]
[01:14] <@SirGavin> Darius is staying hidden, trying to move around to get either elaine or seryf, figuring it's best to get the party back together as he can't fly at it.
[01:16] * @Elaine prods the horse to move closer to the woods where everyone else has apparently gone, even as she pulls out a dagger, ready to fling it at the dragon if it comes towards her. Not much of a defense, but it's comforting in it's familiarity.
[01:16] <@Dungeon_Kotono> roll 1d10
[01:16] * +Hatbot --> "Dungeon_Kotono rolls 1d10 and gets 2."12 [1d10=2]
[01:16] <@Dungeon_Kotono> OOC - Go ahead and do initiative, Elaine, since it's going to be making a dive attack at you. See where you stand relativet o it.
[01:16] <@Elaine> roll 1d10
[01:16] * +Hatbot --> "Elaine rolls 1d10 and gets 5."12 [1d10=5]
[01:17] <@Dungeon_Kotono> OOC - Okay. You two are tied.
[01:18] <@Dungeon_Kotono> So Elaine heads towards the woods! Her horse hustles with a quickness, fleeingthe dragon1 However, the dragon has other ideas! Swooping down, it's claws flash out as it dives at Elaine!
[01:18] <@Dungeon_Kotono> roll 1d20
[01:18] * +Hatbot --> "Dungeon_Kotono rolls 1d20 and gets 2."12 [1d20=2]
[01:18] <@Dungeon_Kotono> roll 1d20
[01:18] * +Hatbot --> "Dungeon_Kotono rolls 1d20 and gets 12."12 [1d20=12]
[01:18] <@Dungeon_Kotono> OOC - AC, El-chan?
[01:18] <@Elaine> ooc - ac 1
[01:19] <@Dungeon_Kotono> OOC - one hit. Are you going to make an attack at the same time or anything?
[01:19] <@Elaine> ooc - yeah, dagger to the eyes
[01:19] <@Dungeon_Kotono> OOC - Called shot eyes?
[01:19] <@Elaine> ooc -yes
[01:19] <@Dungeon_Kotono> OOC - Go for it. G'luck.
[01:19] <@Dungeon_Kotono> OOC - Note which dagger, too
[01:21] <@Elaine> Seeing the dragon diving towards her, Elaine launches Frosthammer at the dragon's left eye, hoping with it being a red dragon, it -really- doesn't like Frosthammer.
[01:22] <@Elaine> roll 1d20-1 called shot left eye
[01:22] * +Hatbot --> "Elaine rolls 1d20-1 called shot left eye and gets 4."12 [1d20=5]
[01:22] <@Dungeon_Kotono> OOC - This is purely academic, but what AC hit?
[01:22] <@Dungeon_Kotono> roll 1d10+5
[01:22] * +Hatbot --> "Dungeon_Kotono rolls 1d10+5 and gets 14."12 [1d10=9]
[01:23] <@Elaine> OOC - AC 15 minus whatever bonus frosthammer has as a magic weapon, since I've yet to learn that.
[01:23] <@Dungeon_Kotono> OOC - My deepest condolences on that roll.
[01:23] <@Elaine> ooc - err, AC 10
[01:23] <@Elaine> ooc - I was saying my thac0 -_-;
[01:23] <@Dungeon_Kotono> Direct hit - for the dragon! As it begins to swoop back up, grazing the sides of the trees with it's belly, it's claw rips into Elaine's side! A jagged gash, body torn open! (14 damage!)
[01:24] <@Dungeon_Kotono> OOC - Go, Saul, and the others can chat/prepare as they wish since they're doing the forest prep thign.
[01:24] * @Saul mutters a spell under his breath, a ghostly hand appearing just over his shoulder. Purple and misty, it floats just nearby, ready to grab something.
[01:26] <@Dungeon_Kotono> Frosthammer is thrown, but dings off it's scaled hide! It goes and lands on the ground at the edge of the foerst, not strong enough to damage such a fell creature!
[01:26] * @Seryf curses in an almost continuous stream, bringing her longbow up to fire as soon as she can. Well, who knows how much help this thing will be with her current luck on it, but it might get the beast's attention onto her.
[01:27] <@Dungeon_Kotono> OOC - I'll go ahead and give you a bow attack this round, Seryf. Go for it.
[01:27] <@SirGavin> Darius waves to get their attention, then sees what happens and heads off closer, drawing his bow and shooting at the beast as he moves.
[01:27] <@Seryf> roll 1d20
[01:27] * +Hatbot --> "Seryf rolls 1d20 and gets 8."12 [1d20=8]
[01:27] <@Seryf> OOC - AC 5
[01:27] <@Dungeon_Kotono> OOC - Whiff.
[01:28] <@Dungeon_Kotono> The arrow tinks off it's plated belly! Damn the Gods, you can't even seem to faze it with a mere arrow! Meanwhile the dragon looks about, seeing the forest below and the small humanoids underneath! "Your bones will decorate my lair!" it roars out!
[01:29] * Dracos (WinNT@68-65-50-108.chvlva.adelphia.net) has joined #dunes
[01:29] * @SirGavin (WinNT@68-65-50-108.chvlva.adelphia.net) Quit (Connection reset by peer)
[01:29] * ChanServ sets mode: +ao Dracos Dracos
[01:29] * Dracos is now known as SirGavin
[01:31] <@Dungeon_Kotono> OOC - Reaction/initiative.
[01:31] <@Dungeon_Kotono> roll 1d10+3
[01:31] * +Hatbot --> "Dungeon_Kotono rolls 1d10+3 and gets 12."12 [1d10=9]
[01:31] * @Elaine grits her teeth in pain, going for the dagger and then towards the forest for hopefully a bit of aid and cover.
[01:32] * @Saul doesn't remark at the threat. Running randomly through the forest, but keeping an eye on his companions, he starts casting his shocking grasp spell, ready to send his new hand flying towards the dragon with elecitrical energy searing!
[01:32] <@Saul> roll 1d10+1
[01:32] * +Hatbot --> "Saul rolls 1d10+1 and gets 7."12 [1d10=6]
[01:32] <@Seryf> roll 1d10+3
[01:32] * +Hatbot --> "Seryf rolls 1d10+3 and gets 6."12 [1d10=3]
[01:32] <@SirGavin> [11:20] * SirGavin angrily flies up, heading towards the dragon from above and behind and positioning himself near the wing before lashing out hard with two aimed blows with his sword.
[01:32] <@SirGavin> [11:20] <SirGavin> roll 1d10+3
[01:32] <@SirGavin> [11:20] * Hatbot --> "SirGavin rolls 1d10+3 and gets 6." [1d10=3]
[01:33] <@SirGavin> Darius moves away in the forest, firing from a different direction to distract and annoy the dragon, focusing his shots on the dragon's head.
[01:33] <@SirGavin> roll 1d10+7
[01:33] * +Hatbot --> "SirGavin rolls 1d10+7 and gets 15."12 [1d10=8]
[01:34] <@SirGavin> OOC: Darius moves on 15.  Gavin on 6.
[01:34] <@Elaine> roll 1d10-2
[01:34] * +Hatbot --> "Elaine rolls 1d10-2 and gets 0."12 [1d10=2]
[01:34] <@Dungeon_Kotono> Speed Racer El-chan>Seryf=Gavin>Saul>Dragon>Darius
[01:36] <@Dungeon_Kotono> Elaine races into the forest! Into the blessed cover, getting some protection from the dragon's rampage!
[01:36] <@Dungeon_Kotono> OOC - Go, Seryf and Gavin....say, what IS Seryf doing? More arrowS?
[01:36] * @SirGavin slashes brutally from above, seeking to ground the dragon!
[01:36] <@SirGavin> roll 1d20
[01:36] * +Hatbot --> "SirGavin rolls 1d20 and gets 11."12 [1d20=11]
[01:36] <@Seryf> OOC - It's 2 per round, I'll go with them this round.
[01:36] <@SirGavin> roll 1d20
[01:36] * +Hatbot --> "SirGavin rolls 1d20 and gets 14."12 [1d20=14]
[01:37] <@SirGavin> OOC: Hits AC 1, hits ac -3
[01:37] <@SirGavin> OOC: -2 even
[01:37] <@Dungeon_Kotono> OOC - Close.
[01:37] <@SirGavin> OOC: Close?  On a backstab from invisible? o_o;
[01:37] <@Dungeon_Kotono> OOC - Oh point.
[01:37] <@Dungeon_Kotono> OOC -Mmmm.
[01:37] <@Seryf> Still muttering curses to herself, Seryf's hands are a careful blur as she unleashes more arrows, trying to at least get the dragon's attention...or maybe just waste her time before heading into melee.
[01:37] <@Seryf> roll 1d20
[01:37] <@Seryf> roll 1d20
[01:37] * +Hatbot --> "Seryf rolls 1d20 and gets 2."12 [1d20=2]
[01:37] * +Hatbot --> "Seryf rolls 1d20 and gets 11."12 [1d20=11]
[01:37] <@Seryf> OOC - Whiffs.
[01:37] <@Dungeon_Kotono> OOC - Called shots on the wings?
[01:38] <@SirGavin> OOC: Yeah, though I didn't minus anything.  Was getting into position and carefully cutting at one wing.  Left or right doesn't matter, whatever was easier.
[01:39] <@Dungeon_Kotono> OOC - Mmm. It's pretty borderline, so I'll rule the second one just hits. We could hash out bonuses, but I'm inclined to gutshots ay you'd just make it when it's all added up. Your invisiblty is shattered now, remember.
[01:40] <@SirGavin> OOC: Oh?  It is.  Oh well, didn't know but will keep moving.
[01:40] <@Dungeon_Kotono> OOC - Yeah, normal invisibility goes when you attack.
[01:40] <@Dungeon_Kotono> OOC - Anyway, damage.
[01:40] <@SirGavin> roll 1d6+5 STAB TO WING CUT!
[01:40] * +Hatbot --> "SirGavin rolls 1d6+5 STAB TO WING CUT! and gets 10."12 [1d6=5]
[01:40] <@SirGavin> OOC: 10 damage
[01:43] <@Dungeon_Kotono> This is hard - far harder than the strongest plate mail to cut through! Gavin's first slash hits but utterly fails to pierce the winged scaled! With a grunt he treis again, slicing into red scaly protections with the utmost effort! His skill and surprise bode him well, the right wing sliced open! Dribbles of blood come as the dragon half whirls in air, slowly turning towards Gavin! OOC - Go, Saul.
[01:43] * @Saul snaps his fingers and sends the hand flying towards the dragon, planning to hit it from the side opposite gavin, flanking it!
[01:44] <@Dungeon_Kotono> OOC - Greater Shocking Grasp?
[01:44] <@Saul> OOC - Yes
[01:45] <@Saul> OOC - Roll to hit? If it's flanking, what' sthe bonus?
[01:45] <@Dungeon_Kotono> OOC - THACO. I'm going to rule it AC 7 in total with things, soj ust roll to hit that.
[01:45] <@Saul> roll 1d20+2
[01:45] * +Hatbot --> "Saul rolls 1d20+2 and gets 3."12 [1d20=1]
[01:45] <@Saul> OOC: Classical failure!
[01:45] <@Dungeon_Kotono> OOC: I mourn for you.
[01:46] <@Dungeon_Kotono> OOC - Crit fail check, just for amusement.
[01:46] <@Saul> roll 1d20
[01:46] * +Hatbot --> "Saul rolls 1d20 and gets 14."12 [1d20=14]
[01:47] <@Dungeon_Kotono> The spectral hand just misses, flying off to the side! As Saul's attempt at shocking grasp fails, the dragon turns to Gavin! AS they joust in the air, it's vicious claws come out and it's bite, attempting to tear the armored man apart!
[01:47] <@Dungeon_Kotono> roll 1d20 claw 1
[01:47] * +Hatbot --> "Dungeon_Kotono rolls 1d20 claw 1 and gets 12."12 [1d20=12]
[01:47] <@Dungeon_Kotono> roll 1d20 claw 2
[01:47] * +Hatbot --> "Dungeon_Kotono rolls 1d20 claw 2 and gets 15."12 [1d20=15]
[01:47] <@Dungeon_Kotono> roll 1d20 bite
[01:47] * +Hatbot --> "Dungeon_Kotono rolls 1d20 bite and gets 7."12 [1d20=7]
[01:47] <@Dungeon_Kotono> OOC - AC, Gavin?
[01:48] <@SirGavin> OOC: AC is -8
[01:49] <@Dungeon_Kotono> OOC - Hits...just barely on the first, second hits, bite misses.
[01:50] <@Dungeon_Kotono> roll 1d10+5
[01:50] <@Dungeon_Kotono> roll 1d10+5
[01:50] * +Hatbot --> "Dungeon_Kotono rolls 1d10+5 and gets 14."12 [1d10=9]
[01:50] * +Hatbot --> "Dungeon_Kotono rolls 1d10+5 and gets 13."12 [1d10=8]
[01:50] <@SirGavin> OOC: 51, 43 hp remaining.
[01:51] <@Dungeon_Kotono> Such a beast should not exist! It's claws tear into GAvin with the ease a child rips through wrapping paper! Full plate is rent, Gavin's chest turned into a set of red laced cuts! Only a desperate parry back and drift away prevents Gavin being likely bitteni n half! OOC - Go, Darius, whatever you're doing.
[01:52] <@SirGavin> OOC: 33 hp even @_@ OW
[01:53] <@SirGavin> roll 1d20 shooting at his head to distract/hurt!
[01:53] * +Hatbot --> "SirGavin rolls 1d20 shooting at his head to distract/hurt! and gets 8."12 [1d20=8]
[01:53] <@SirGavin> OOC: Miss
[01:54] <@Dungeon_Kotono> Another arrow flies, bouncing off red scales! OOC - gavin, make a dragon fear save vs petrification now.
[01:54] <@Dungeon_Kotono> OOC - If you're in melee range, you're in dragonfear ragne.
[01:55] <@SirGavin> roll 1d20+4 because this is really going to suck if it's failed.
[01:55] * +Hatbot --> "SirGavin rolls 1d20+4 because this is really going to suck if it's failed. and gets 21."12 [1d20=17]
[01:55] <@SirGavin> OOC: Pass.  Very pass.
[01:55] <@Dungeon_Kotono> OOC - O_O
[01:55] <@Dungeon_Kotono> Gavin resists the chilling terror that gnaws at his very bones!
[01:55] <@Dungeon_Kotono> OOC - Reactions/initiative.
[01:55] * @SirGavin is protected by his rage!
[01:56] <@Saul> OOC - ATTACK with GREATER GRASP again.
[01:56] * @SirGavin spins around the dragon again, lashing at its back and placing his feet briefly on it, intending to kick off hard to get out of range if he spins.
[01:56] <@SirGavin> roll 1d10+3  complicated manuever!
[01:56] * +Hatbot --> "SirGavin rolls 1d10+3 complicated manuever! and gets 8."12 [1d10=5]
[01:56] <@Saul> roll 1d10 Joker'd
[01:56] * +Hatbot --> "Saul rolls 1d10 Joker'd and gets 6."12 [1d10=6]
[01:56] <@Dungeon_Kotono> The dragon turns on Gavin, flames gathering at it's mouth! Sparks fall down in a pattern, heat enaminating from it's entire body as it prepares it's weapon!
[01:56] <@Dungeon_Kotono> roll 1d10+3
[01:56] * +Hatbot --> "Dungeon_Kotono rolls 1d10+3 and gets 9."12 [1d10=6]
[01:56] <@Elaine> roll 1d10 to throw frosthammer and normal dagger at the eyes
[01:56] * +Hatbot --> "Elaine rolls 1d10 to throw frosthammer and normal dagger at the eyes and gets 7."12 [1d10=7]
[01:56] * @Seryf growls, just getting rid of the bow. She can't aim for a weak point worth anything with that... Instead, Seryf draws Sun and her older longsword, trying to move and keep pace with the flyers as best she can, and look for an opportunity to sink blooded steel into dragon flesh.
[01:57] <@Seryf> roll 1d20+3 I wish I could do something
[01:57] * +Hatbot --> "Seryf rolls 1d20+3 I wish I could do something and gets 14."12 [1d20=11]
[01:57] <@Dungeon_Kotono> OOC - Roll 1d10, Seryf. Not a d20
[01:57] <@Seryf> roll 1d10+3 I wish I could do something ARGH
[01:57] * +Hatbot --> "Seryf rolls 1d10+3 I wish I could do something ARGH and gets 11."12 [1d10=8]
[01:58] * @SirGavin continues moving, sending another arrow up.
[01:58] <@SirGavin> roll 1d10+&
[01:58] * +Hatbot --> "SirGavin rolls 1d10+& and gets Error: Numeric values only."12 [1d10=4]
[01:58] <@SirGavin> OOC: 11
[01:58] <@Dungeon_Kotono> OOC - Don't use /me with Darius' actions right now? It's really confusing.
[01:58] <@Elaine> ooc - scratch dagger throwing, replace with giving Seryf wings
[01:59] <@Dungeon_Kotono> OOC - Initiative, Elane.
[01:59] <@SirGavin> OOC: Yeah, very sorry.
[01:59] <@Elaine> ooc - I'd act on init 5 and whatever modifier there is for casting a spell
[01:59] <@Dungeon_Kotono> OOC - No big, Gavin. It's +3 for filght, isn't it, Saul?
[01:59] <@Saul> ooc - Yeah
[02:00] <@Dungeon_Kotono> Saul>Elaine>Gavin=Elaine>Dragon>Seryf - Seryf, if you're going to change your action in prep for that, say so now.
[02:00] <@Saul> Saul's magic hand attempts to strike the dragon once again!
[02:00] <@Saul> roll 1d20+2
[02:00] * +Hatbot --> "Saul rolls 1d20+2 and gets 5."12 [1d20=3]
[02:00] <@Dungeon_Kotono> Saul>Gavin=Elaine>Dragon>Seryf - Seryf, if you're going to change your action in prep for that, say so now.
[02:00] <@Saul> OOC: We're getting better!
[02:00] <@Dungeon_Kotono> OOC - AC hit, Saul?
[02:00] <@Saul> OOC: 11
[02:00] <@Seryf> OOC - Well, if I can suddenly fly, I'm going to be all CHARGE SLASH KILL, y'know?
[02:01] <@Dungeon_Kotono> OOC - Okay. You'll act dead last, though.
[02:01] <@Dungeon_Kotono> OOC - My condolences, Saul
[02:01] <@Saul> OOC - I told you that I don't need your pity
[02:01] <@Dungeon_Kotono> Again Saul's spectral hand just misses the giant target above! Perhaps one should have practiced combat more? OOC - Go Gavin/El-chan.
[02:01] * @SirGavin slashes hard at its back.
[02:01] <@SirGavin> roll 1d20
[02:01] * +Hatbot --> "SirGavin rolls 1d20 and gets 15."12 [1d20=15]
[02:01] <@SirGavin> OOC: Hits ac -3
[02:01] <@Dungeon_Kotono> OOC - Tink.
[02:02] <@Dungeon_Kotono> A mighty swing, but one that bounces off the hard packed dragonscale! No effect!
[02:05] * @Elaine sees Seryf itching for action, and switching from her gameplan of dagger throwing to doing some arcane work, helps out by casting the spell that Saul just recently taught her to give the elf the power of flight. "Go help Gavin, Seryf!"
[02:07] <@SirGavin> roll 1d6+5
[02:07] * +Hatbot --> "SirGavin rolls 1d6+5 and gets 6."12 [1d6=1]
[02:07] <@SirGavin> OOC: 6 more damage!
[02:08] <@Dungeon_Kotono> A grazing hit, dragging a shallow cut across the dragon's back! This only pisses it off further, making it focus on Gavin entirely!
[02:09] <@Dungeon_Kotono> No! Flames gush out from the roar of the dragon! As the air shakes with it's fury, Gavin has scant time to prepare! Only his evasive manuevers kept up give him any shielding from this horrible torrent of flames that threatens to send him to Orial's side! OOC - Save vs breath weapon. I'll rule you'll get a +4 since you've been working your ass off to try and aviod this thing..
[02:09] <@SirGavin> roll 1d20+4 HIGH, HIGH!
[02:09] * +Hatbot --> "SirGavin rolls 1d20+4 HIGH, HIGH! and gets 16."12 [1d20=12]
[02:09] <@SirGavin> OOC: Pass
[02:09] <@Dungeon_Kotono> roll 12d10+6/2
[02:09] * +Hatbot --> "Dungeon_Kotono rolls 12d10+6/2 and gets 62."12 [12d10=9, 2, 3, 7, 9, 2, 7, 7, 2, 7, 3, 1]
[02:10] <@SirGavin> OOC: wait, that's after the divide by 2?  No way.
[02:10] <@Dungeon_Kotono> OOC - I don't think it did the math right. I'll just reroll that.
[02:10] <@Dungeon_Kotono> roll 12d10+6
[02:10] * +Hatbot --> "Dungeon_Kotono rolls 12d10+6 and gets 74."12 [12d10=8, 9, 10, 5, 8, 4, 7, 4, 5, 2, 1, 5]
[02:10] <@Dungeon_Kotono> roll 72/2
[02:10] * +Hatbot --> "Dungeon_Kotono rolls 72/2 and gets 36."12
[02:10] * Zman (Psypoke@d14-69-140-185.try.wideopenwest.com) has joined #dunes
[02:10] <@SirGavin> OOC: ow
[02:10] <@Dungeon_Kotono> OOC - 36 damage to Gavin. What's your HP on?
[02:10] <@SirGavin> OOC: -3.
[02:10] <@Dungeon_Kotono> OOC - OW.
[02:11] <@SirGavin> OOC: well, you're doing over half max hp every turn =P
[02:12] <@Dungeon_Kotono> The red dragon's breath consumes Gavin! At the last moment his strafes to the side and brings his shield up! This is the only thing that saves him from utter annihilation! He is only burnt horrifically instead, slowly falling down, broad sword and shield limply held as his scorched armor is half melted to his body! To the treetops Gavin falls, defeated?
[02:12] * Zman (Psypoke@d14-69-140-185.try.wideopenwest.com) has left #dunes
[02:15] <@SirGavin> roll 1d20 shoots, stunned at the dragonfire.
[02:15] * +Hatbot --> "SirGavin rolls 1d20 shoots, stunned at the dragonfire. and gets 3."12 [1d20=3]
[02:15] <@SirGavin> Darius's arrow is utterly incinerated as he fires into the mess.
[02:16] <@Seryf> It's almost an exultant cry that comes from Seryf as the weight of her body is lifted, the ability to suddenly engage the dragon directly found! A swirling lash of her mind is all it takes to send the elven woman soaring, darting through the air like a gold and silver bullet before she closes, bright and magic steel tearing out at the dragon!
[02:16] <@Seryf> roll 1d20
[02:16] <@Seryf> roll 1d20
[02:16] * +Hatbot --> "Seryf rolls 1d20 and gets 13."12 [1d20=13]
[02:16] * +Hatbot --> "Seryf rolls 1d20 and gets 14."12 [1d20=14]
[02:16] <@Dungeon_Kotono> OOC - ACs hit?
[02:17] <@Seryf> OOC - -5 and -4
[02:17] <@Seryf> OOC - Without flanking bonuses.
[02:17] <@Dungeon_Kotono> OOC - Two hits, just barely.
[02:17] <@Seryf> roll 1d12+8
[02:17] * +Hatbot --> "Seryf rolls 1d12+8 and gets 13."12 [1d12=5]
[02:17] <@Seryf> roll 1d12+6
[02:17] * +Hatbot --> "Seryf rolls 1d12+6 and gets 15."12 [1d12=9]
[02:20] <@Dungeon_Kotono> Two hits! The draconic side is torn into, Sun managing to cleave into those scales!This gets a spurt of red blood, a shaking roar from the dragno as it whirls in the air! OOC - Dragonfear check, Seryf.
[02:20] <@Seryf> roll 1d20
[02:20] * +Hatbot --> "Seryf rolls 1d20 and gets 12."12 [1d20=12]
[02:21] <@Dungeon_Kotono> Somehow Seryf resists the cloaking terror, staying up as Gavin slowly hits the treetops! OOC - Initiative/reactions. Gavin's in OH SHIT OW land, is now at -4 hp.
[02:23] <@Seryf> roll 1d10+3
[02:23] <@Elaine> roll 1d10 to throw daggers this time
[02:23] * +Hatbot --> "Seryf rolls 1d10+3 and gets 9."12 [1d10=6]
[02:23] * +Hatbot --> "Elaine rolls 1d10 to throw daggers this time and gets 9."12 [1d10=9]
[02:23] <@SirGavin> Darius moves closer to where he's falling, still pelting with arrows.
[02:23] <@Dungeon_Kotono> roll 1d10+3 dragon fooding Seryf-can.
[02:23] * +Hatbot --> "Dungeon_Kotono rolls 1d10+3 dragon fooding Seryf-can. and gets 9."12 [1d10=6]
[02:23] <@SirGavin> roll 1d10+7 borirng shot
[02:23] * +Hatbot --> "SirGavin rolls 1d10+7 borirng shot and gets 16."12 [1d10=9]
[02:24] * @Saul heads towards Gavin, quickly! While he travels, he snaps his fingers, trying to force that goddamned hand to actually hit it's target!
[02:24] <@Saul> roll 1d10
[02:24] * +Hatbot --> "Saul rolls 1d10 and gets 5."12 [1d10=5]
[02:24] <@Dungeon_Kotono> Saul>Seryf=Elaine=Dragon>Darius(Ye gads)
[02:24] <@Saul> roll 1d20+2
[02:24] * +Hatbot --> "Saul rolls 1d20+2 and gets 18."12 [1d20=16]
[02:24] <@Saul> OOC: GLEE
[02:24] <@Dungeon_Kotono> OOC - That hits AC7!
[02:24] <@Dungeon_Kotono> roll 1d100
[02:24] * +Hatbot --> "Dungeon_Kotono rolls 1d100 and gets 44."12 [1d100=44]
[02:25] <@Dungeon_Kotono> OOC - Damage.
[02:25] <@Saul> OOC - Oh, joy.
[02:25] <@Saul> roll 1d8+10
[02:25] * +Hatbot --> "Saul rolls 1d8+10 and gets 18."12 [1d8=8]
[02:25] <@Saul> OOC: GLEE
[02:25] <@Dungeon_Kotono> This shock rocks the dragno further! It's body tenses as electricy races from it's side throughout it's body!
[02:25] <@Dungeon_Kotono> OOC - Okay, three way tie. I'll have the dragno and Seryf go first sicne they're in melee.
[02:25] <@Dungeon_Kotono> Snarling with a roar of fury, the dragon lashes it's claws and bite out at Seryf!
[02:26] <@Dungeon_Kotono> roll 1d20 bite
[02:26] * +Hatbot --> "Dungeon_Kotono rolls 1d20 bite and gets 2."12 [1d20=2]
[02:26] <@Dungeon_Kotono> roll 1d20 claw
[02:26] <@Dungeon_Kotono> roll 1d20 claw
[02:26] * +Hatbot --> "Dungeon_Kotono rolls 1d20 claw and gets 4."12 [1d20=4]
[02:26] * +Hatbot --> "Dungeon_Kotono
[19:14] <Annerose> Aww, mouth not outpacing brain after all?
[19:14] <Candide> My brain caught up