News:

"I stand humbled by your vast My Little Pony knowledge."

Main Menu

The Starry Wastes(Out of body/dungeon chat zone)

Started by Anastasia, July 24, 2006, 01:22:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Corwin

Corwin's mood brightens visibly at Tchaener's words. "Indeed," he agrees, "for if Avalon could stand twice, why not a third time as well, stronger and more beautiful than ever before?"
<Steph> I might have made a terrible mistake

Carthrat

"Avalon. I have not heard of it," replies Tchaener, sounding curious. "Nor Camelot, nor Romans. From where do you hail? Are, or perhaps were you a wizard?"
[19:14] <Annerose> Aww, mouth not outpacing brain after all?
[19:14] <Candide> My brain caught up

Corwin

"Some have called me that, or a sorcerer," Corwin says, his lips twitching. "The adjective 'foul' usually preceeded those terms."

Carthrat

"But, of course, such a word has no bearing on your true self," snorts Tchaener, smirking.

Corwin

"I was a traveler, first and foremost," Corwin tells the half-elf. "Reality bent to my whim, and I would go where I wished, never quite settling down at any place... except Avalon, the land of wonder, and magic, and knights and high-rising towers, gleaming silver in the sunlight...."

Carthrat

"That was the place that most pleased you, then? Yet, not wrought by your own hand?" Tchaener looks thoughtful, raising a ghostly hand to his metaphorical chin.

Corwin

"The Avalon of legend, the very first one, was likely a creation of mine," Corwin muses. "It is a long-standing, philosophical debate amongst my family, of whether we create the very things we seek, or find them. The difference between discovery and invention... perhaps it is only semantics, in the end."

He shakes his head then, and looks at Tchaener with curiousity. "And you, friend? From whence do you hail?"

Carthrat

"The wizards would tell you I hail from the plane Andaril," replies Tchaener, gazing literally through Corwin's form, towards the distant stars. "But to me, it is simply The World.

"Wonder, magic, knights and towers... in all measure these existed. The long battle between chaotic freedom, and lawful obedience- the priests tell me that my world was a staging ground for one of many fights. But to me, it was home. A place I seized and shaped with words and a sword..."

Corwin

"We had our fair share of clashes between Order and Chaos," Corwin admits, rubbing his chin. "Which side did you belong to?"

Carthrat

"Order, as Sa-Sha willed," replies Tchaener, reverently, eyes gazing upwards, even if it's hard to tell which way is up.

"The matron of tyrants and conquest sees a place for chaos- but only in stripping away old regimes to permit the crafting of the new."

Dracos

"Athens, Greece is where I hail from, the most learned city of the known world," The man proudly responded.  "Such strange things the two of you speak of though.  Magic and wizardry?  I suppose there's plenty of proof for them here.  I never would've believed in them while I was alive."

Dracos
Well, Goodbye.

Carthrat

"You do not know of these forces, or believe in them? Truly, your plane must have been a sheltered one," replies Tchaener, dubiously. "Though it was an eldricht discipline that few could master, it was certainly present."

Corwin

"Order," Corwin repeats in satisfaction. "Yes, the triumphant choice." He glances at the resident of Athens with a modest amount of curiousity. "Did you not have the wonder of technology to compensate for your lack of magic?"

Dracos

"Technology is an odd term for it, but our temples were the most majestic in the world and our understanding of philosophy grew by leaps and bounds for the betterment of all.  There was no finer city in all the world."

Dracos
Well, Goodbye.

Carthrat

"A claim held by almost every capital," replies Tchaener, dryly. "Oh, I've no doubt it was a glorious place..."