The Starry Wastes(Out of body/dungeon chat zone)

Started by Anastasia, July 24, 2006, 01:22:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Corwin

"Welcome back to the nothingness," Corwin greets him, drifting closer. "Were you stricken down by the treacherous wands as well?"
<Steph> I might have made a terrible mistake

Anastasia

Tchaener is able to make his body!

So they have time to talk(Rat and Corwin, did you guys do this on IRC or something since you nicked there?), but as time passes, the third spirit back joins them! Aesop's soul appears, freed from halfling bonds!

"So close..." Your foe chuckles tauntingly.
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Dracos

"Ow..." Aesop whimpers.  "Dying is not pleasant.  Bloody spiteful fellow."

Dracos
Well, Goodbye.

Corwin

[02:12] <Corwin> "Welcome back to the nothingness," Corwin greets him, drifting closer. "Were you stricken down by the treacherous wands as well?"
[02:13] <Tchaener> "No. I discerned the method of bypassing the trap," replies Tchaener, sighing. "I was slain by a bored snake-woman."
[02:14] * Corwin raises an eyebrow. "Indeed?"
[02:16] <Tchaener> "Yes. She appeared too powerful to fight, and demanded that one of us amuse her." The spirit frowns. "In retrospect, it was a stupid idea. But with our minds not left quite intact by this manifestation..."
[02:18] <Corwin> "Yes, our minds," Corwin laments, brushing off his bangs. "Ah, to be reduced so low, a pale mockery of my former, mortal glory...."
[02:19] <Tchaener> "I was unable to see how my plans may end in failure, only the possibility of success," muses Tchaener, to himself. "Ah, how pathetic. It is as costly to forge a body capable of warfare as it is to retain an able mind."
[02:20] <Corwin> "Tell me, friend, what lies beyond the rooms I saw? And how did you triumph over the trap?"
[02:22] <Tchaener> "The trap could be defeated by covering the wands and orb with a spell of darkness," replies Tchaener. "I traversed through the river, too- at the other end was equipment. A shield, a two-handed sword, a pair of scrolls and a potion, if I remember correctly. And a great purple orb, that shattered when I touched it. Yet, I believe it has given us more strength for our next jaunt. The other room, to the right- it contained the snake-woman."
[02:25] * Corwin nods slowly, taking that in and drawing a mental map of the grounds. "Clearly, unless our magically-deprived comrade deals with this snake-woman that fell you and triumphs, we are to repeat this. Have you given thought to which body you would aim for?"
[02:26] <Tchaener> "I only just reformed," replies the half-elf, shaking his head. "Allow me a few moments to consider, and in the meantime, have you any ideas for yourself?"
[02:27] <Corwin> "Before I heard of this, the archer archetype seemed like the way to go," Corwin admits. "Yet your words of magical scrolls and swords might make me reconsider."
[02:30] <Tchaener> "An archer... I believe melee is a superior choice," he replies. "See, the layout of the dungeon? There is no great range involved, and it is a simple matter to close with an opponent, whilst extremely difficult to stay away." Tchaener nods. "For my sake, I am considering a soldier, or a mage."
[02:31] <Corwin> "A warrior mage might also work," Corwin muses, rubbing his beard. "They exist in this mockery of an afterlive, do they not?"
[02:33] <Tchaener> "Yes... but we do not quite have the might to make it a viable choice, as of yet," responds the clean-shaven warlord. "As a mage, I would intend to design a body that was both intelligent and charismatic. Perhaps the kobolds can be set against the mages, and perhaps I will then be able to charm the snake."
[02:34] <Corwin> "Perhaps," Corwin agrees, but his voice is hesitant. "Or, perhaps, the basics of magic could augment a strong fighter."
[02:38] <Tchaener> "Possibly. I intend to capitalize on magic, however," replies Tchaener, nodding.
[02:44] <Corwin> "I suppose we shall have to wait and see," Corwin says, frowning.
[02:45] <Tchaener> "Perhaps our companion will devise a method of getting by her," replies Tchaener, sighing. "The last thing I saw was a dagger through the snake-womans eyes. Perhaps he can dispense with the other one, and that will be that."
<Steph> I might have made a terrible mistake

Dracos

"I was forced to kill her obviously, charm lacking and all.  That said, I think the obvious solution of actually being able to provide proper entertainment is the answer.  The correct solution to the dungeon is...simple as is follows, we head north from the start stopping at the door room.  There our most charismatic member enters the snake lady's room and proceeds to entertain her, encouraging enough that she at least spares a few of her gold coins.  From there that person continues on to the next room where there is four passageways.  At this point in the puzzle, the solution would be the white passage, as no one has been killed and we would have been good to all we met.  Going across, they would find a room with a broken floor, a spike pit below and a black gem floating a bit above the ground.  There are two arrow traps on either side of the gem that fire if anything gets near it.  They can likely be disabled and are easy to see by tossing something near it, that said, I did not even bother and just attached a small net to a rope and tossed it over capturing the gem and yanking it over the pit to me.  Easy enough for anyone with a good eye and throwing arm.  We probably want to bring a sack and rope for it to create such.  Anyhow, from there, now that our companion returns and we have some excess gold we go and address those wretched kobolds, with the gold and promises of friendship and fortune we pass by without a fight and without leaving them ready to stab us.  We deal with clerics in much the same method as before.  Jellyfish immunity will let us go down and fight the sea monster reasonably enough, as well as gathering the entire stash on that side.  We know the solution to the wand puzzle, so we just use that.  That should provide everything we need to get all the way safely with as little damage as possible to main door again...  and from there I'll explain the rest of the plan."
Well, Goodbye.

Anastasia

If you have any chatting or planning you want to do IC in here, do it now.
<Afina> Forever.

Carthrat

"I see," replies Tchaener, chewing his metaphorical lip. "Then all is settled. Let us begin!"

OOC: Haha such a copout
[19:14] <Annerose> Aww, mouth not outpacing brain after all?
[19:14] <Candide> My brain caught up

Anastasia

<Afina> Forever.