News:

"Destiny Challenged us and so we chose to end the world.  There was nothing to regret.  Nothing."

Main Menu

Attempt 1, floor 1: First try! Good luck! Don't die too fast

Started by Anastasia, July 28, 2006, 10:20:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anastasia

From the ether, flesh is formed from the will and the power within and outside. Once again your spirits are garbed in the vestiments of life, your minds adapting to the new vessels you reside in!

Bleak metallic walls, darkened by long ages of eternity. Gutteral, sputtering torches, spewing forth foul black smoke and just enough light to see well. The floor is a cold and uncaring oynx, polished smooth and reflecting weird firelight shapes. Each step ahead echos all around, like a crazy man lunging for his relief, seen only in his delusions. This is what greets the heroes, a gloomy dungeon ahead!

This room is small, perhaps the size of a large sitting room. A perfect square, each corner having a single statue nestled in. Yet there is no door nor any escape that is visible to you. Each statue is different. A leering goblin of dark jade sneaking into the shadows, a brave knight of white opal standing true, a cowled and wise wizard of bright ruby waving his hands in the thoes of magic, and a small dragon of pure gold etched in flight.

There is no obvious door to anywhere else. Is this a trick already or a trap? A test? Where is the passage to lead you on in this grim abode?
OOC - Go ahead and react and post and get started.
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Carthrat

"Well, 'ere we are!" snarls Tchaener. It's hardly a matter of choice; with thick, twisted lips, gigantic eyebrows, and a beard longer than the tail of a fox, the dwarf stands bound in ring mail and clutching an oversized slingshot.

"No sense standing 'round- let's get crackin'! Aye, Corwin? Aesop?"

He starts waving his hands on the spot, casting a spell that never before tumbled from the original's lips- a spell of finding traps!
[19:14] <Annerose> Aww, mouth not outpacing brain after all?
[19:14] <Candide> My brain caught up

Corwin

"Bar-Dish," Corwin says, smiling widely as he admires his weapon, standing tall in the center of the room, a shield strapped to his back.
<Steph> I might have made a terrible mistake

Dracos

"Hmm, a hidden passage?" The halfling squeaked chipmunkishly. "Hey...gah, I sound like I've been huffing something.  Bother." He rambled as he went to check out the wizard's statue in greater detail.

Dracos
Well, Goodbye.

Anastasia

Carthrat casts Find Traps!

All but the statue of the goblin are trapped in some manner. Notably, the statue of the brave knight imposes a real and serious danger.
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

* Hatbot --> "Dracos rolls 1d100 against 15 percent and gets 75." [1d100=75]

Aesop does not find any traps of note on the statues.
<Afina> Forever.

Carthrat

"The goblin! It's not trapped- stinking whore!" snarls Tchaener. "Stay away from the bloomin' knight- always knew them paladins were no good!" He stalks towards the goblin statue, searching it carefully!

Anastasia

Hidden in the crook of the goblin's elbow is a tiny metal switch. Small and well made, it looks like it would be very easy to use.
<Afina> Forever.

Corwin

Paladin... good!" Corwin protests, waving his bardiche above his head to emphasize his point.
<Steph> I might have made a terrible mistake

Carthrat

Tchaener sputters. "Aye, in the technical sense!" he snorts, reaching over to flip the switch on the side. "'ere, get up here and get that axe ready!"

Dracos

Aesop stepped back notably from the wizard's statue. "I see." He turned to watch what Tsch was doing.

Dracos
Well, Goodbye.

Anastasia

A laugh fills the room, a squeaky voice speaking back. "Aye, masters! Me will show you the way of the shadows!" To the north the wall wavers, a hallway ahead appearing! A narrow hallway, leading to depths unknown!
<Afina> Forever.

Dracos

"Well, this body should be good at sneaking," Aesop chirped. "I'll scout ahead and come back.  You two wait here?"

Dracos
Well, Goodbye.

Carthrat

"Aye! Be quick on yer feet, halfling," snarls Tchaener. "My slingshot canne wait forever! It needs blood, I say! Blood!"

Dracos

"Sure sure, I'll be sure to bring some back."  The halfling stepped into the corridor and then focused on his skills at being very quiet and unseen as he moved down it.

Dracos
Well, Goodbye.