News:

Populated by the admins and moderators of your other favorite sites!

Main Menu

Attempt 3, Floor 2: What waits us past the demo level?!

Started by Anastasia, August 21, 2006, 12:33:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anastasia

There is a feeling of change and disorentation as you climb the stairs. Old avatars are left behind in triumph, new flesh cloaking your souls. Sturdy and agreeable strength, minds also fitting to new highs and lows of intellect.

As you climb the stairs, reality reshapes around you. Gone are the cold steel walls of doom. Instead glossy metallic walls are about, gleaming silver and bright. Red diamond shape dintends are regularly placed, giving the rooms a carnival feel. Eerie red light comes from them, giving much of the luminence of this area.

A very small room - there is a pillar freestanding with a blue field around it. Inside that field is a vicious looking scythe, dripping blood off it's edge that hisses into nothingness when it touches the blue barrier.

Past that is a door, cut in the middle and with handles to pull it to the sides. However, a long sheet of parchment with colorful writing has been plastered on it.
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Carthrat

Tchaener marches foward, now clad all in black armour and a tattered cloak. A large quiver sits on his back, and his eyes are slanted, with verticle pupils.

He goes to read the parchment...
[19:14] <Annerose> Aww, mouth not outpacing brain after all?
[19:14] <Candide> My brain caught up

Anastasia

Tchaener reads the parchment!

Come one, come all! Poindexter's speakeasy awaits the intelligent. Special discounts on all Eischenloss magic! Odds go way up when you have a friend in your corner! Look past the heat of the moment!
<Afina> Forever.

Dracos

aesop scans the pillar and door for any perceivable traps, as well as listening for anything at the door.

---

[11:41] <Dracos> roll 1d100 versus 20  detect noise
[11:41] * Hatbot --> "Dracos rolls 1d100 versus 20 detect noise and gets 43." [1d100=43]
[11:41] <Dracos> roll 1d100 versus 35 detect traps
[11:41] * Hatbot --> "Dracos rolls 1d100 versus 35 detect traps and gets 99." [1d100=99]
Well, Goodbye.

Carthrat

Nodding to himself, Tchaener turns around, carefully checking the walls for a potential secret door!

[01:42] * Hatbot --> "Carthrat rolls 1d6 and gets 3." [1d6=3] Pass

Anastasia

Tchaener: You find no secret doors.

Aesop: You fail to find any traps, and the only noise you here is the hissing of another blooddrop as it falls to the blue barrier.
<Afina> Forever.

Carthrat

Tchaener carefull walks around the strange scythe-and-barrier in the middle of the room, checking it out for remarkable features beyond the obvious.

Anastasia

The scythe is very well made - of black steel with blood coming from a source unknown from it. The barrier is a softly glowing blue and the blood droplets vanish when they touch it. The pillar is a plain tan stone pillar.
<Afina> Forever.

Carthrat

Maintaining a deadly serious expression, Tchaener produces an egg, and flings it at the pillar!

Dracos

Aesop checks to see if the door is locked, tapping the handle with a dagger first as he dislikes his hand getting cut.

Dracos
Well, Goodbye.

Anastasia

The egg vanishes into utter nothingness when it touches the barrier.

The door does not seem to be locked.
<Afina> Forever.

Carthrat

"Corwin. Door," states Tchaener, speaking in a grim monotone, as he turns and stands a few metres back from it.

Corwin

Corwin, clad in white armor identical to Tchaener's, though he lacks the cloak, nods. He draws his sword, holding it in one hand, and stands to the side as he attempts to force the door open with the other one.
<Steph> I might have made a terrible mistake

Dracos

Aesop slid to the side of the door and nodded, waiting and letting his bigger companions open it, ready to toss a dagger through if it was dangerous.

Dracos
Well, Goodbye.

Anastasia

With this effort the door opens! It's dark in it and you'd have to pass through to see more, but you can distantly hear children laughing.
<Afina> Forever.