Arc 2, Episode 1! A new enemy?! Is Asher gonna go postal?!

Started by Anastasia, August 24, 2006, 04:30:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anastasia

<Kotono> ---Arc 2 setup go!---
<Kotono> Aaah, lunch! It's a nice Friday, Usagi's respite coming. Today Naru has dragged her up to the roof, just the two of them. The joys of early November, the last of the warmth gone and only cool and brisk days ahead. In a light blue jacket over her uniform, Naru leads thew ay up. The roof is popular, a few students already up here in little groups. "See?" Naru nods, "All the cool kids eat up here, and the cute ones!"
* Usagi gives Naru a wounded look. "You mean we weren't cool until now?" she asks, stricken as she holds her lunchbox to her chest.
<Kotono> "Maaaybe?" Naru giggles as you come up - oooh, some cute boys, like Tatoshi from the baseball team. Naru goes to get a nice position near the end so you have a view, but as you do? Communicator goes beep beep beep!
* Usagi pouts at the unwelcome interruption. "This better be good..." she mutters, drifting to the wire fence at the edge of the roof and leaning against it as she uses her body to shield the sight of her communicator, trusting she's distant enough from anyone besides Naru to prevent eavesdropping. "Hello?"
<Kotono> "Hiya, Usa-chan!" Kotono's h appy, chirping voice graces Usagi's day. "Did you hear, huh, since he just came over to Serenity yesterday and it was really awesome but I forget if you got told, huh, but did you and he goes to your school I think, too!"
* Usagi rewards Kotono with a non-plussed look of confusion. "What?"
<Kotono> "That Cosmic Blade and it's coola nd he's cute and wait," Kotono stops abruptly, a dizzy background of the bell tower noted by Usagi. "He has a sword from the Moon Kingdom and it's just too entirely cool! I found him book shopping and he started hearing about Pluto from his sword, I think or something, and then Saturn after him and Hotaru-chan sparred!"
<Usagi> "... No, really. What?" Usagi repeats, wondering just what Kotono is on, today.
<Kotono> "Okay." Kotono stops, closing her eyes and speaking at only a fast pace and not nuclear. "His name is Asher - he has a sword from the Moon Kingdom. He went to see Serenity yesterday and we're supposed to help train him now, right?"
* Usagi continues to look fairly non-plussed, although there is curiousity showing, now. "And you couldn't have told me this yesterday?" she asks, briefly glancing around to see if anyone is paying undue attention to her.
<Kotono> Nope. Well, Naru is, but she kinda knows. "Well, yesterday was really busy and I fell asleep right when I got home! Tell you what - do you know an Asher Shinsei at all? Maybe we're really lucky and he's in your class?"
<Usagi> roll 2d6+2
* Hatbot --> "Usagi rolls 2d6+2 and gets 10." [2d6=4, 4]
<Usagi> "Doesn't sound familiar..." Usagi glances at Naru, since there's not even a pretense she's not listening in. "You know him, Naru-chan?"
<Kotono> roll 2d6+2
* Hatbot --> "Kotono rolls 2d6+2 and gets 12." [2d6=4, 6]
<Kotono> "Nope!" Naru says eloquently, shrugging her own shoulders. "I can ask if you really want - I know a few of the girls over there."
<Usagi> "Nah, don't worry about it," Usagi shakes her head before returning her attention to her fellow blonde. "Look, Kotono-chan, school is a really bad place to be talking like this, so can we talk after school or something and you can tell me all the stuff I've apparently missed?"
<Kotono> "Sure! I can try to find him since we're supposed to meet or he can find us! See you then, Usagi-chan!" Then Kotono is gone, the blonde whirlwind back to whence she came.
<Kotono> "What's up," Naru asks, getting out her lunch as the call seems to finish.
* Usagi pockets her communicator and opens her own lunch. "I really dunno," she admits, somewhat at a loss. "I guess there's some guy at school who's got a magic sword from the Moon Kingdom? Hopefully I'll get more sense out of her, tonight."
<Kotono> "...that does sound interesting, even if I have no idea what it's about. So...how about that boy over there," Naru looks, as she digests all of that. (Wanna move along?)
<Usagi> OOC: Please
<Kotono> So Asher escapes from classes! He intends only to go home, but there is a problem! As he heads out the doors and to freedom, "Aaaaasher!" Kotono calls, standing near the gate and waving. Her T*A uniform makes her stand out, too. Waving amid the crowd like a yellow daffodil, she hops up and down once to get attention.
<Asher> What.
<Asher> No.
<Asher> Why.
<Asher> How.
<Asher> The world is cruel, and unusual.
<Asher> "Freedom", indeed. Asher takes his jolly time tumbling down from the stairway, letting the masses of students that swarm from all directions and continuously pouring out from the main doors head out ahead of him and, hopefully, bury Kotono in a wave of humanity.
<Kotono> Sadly, she seems to be making a lot of noise for you! And as you walk out, another call by her. "Usa-chan!" Kotono calls, as she waits near the gates, wearing the storm as another blonde cmoes out.
<Asher> Dragging his feet quite literally, Asher manages to slow his advance enough that he only reaches the gate after pretty much the entire initial wave of students have escaped from the clutches of academia, leaving himself and only a few scant others in the school courtyard. And, of course, one hyperactive blonde. He forces a smile up and finally waves back to Kotono, making his way over with obvious reluctance.
<Usagi> Strolling happily into post-school freedom and the few hours she has before having to go to work, Usagi looks slightly surprised to see Kotono already here to greet her. Realising that she must have teleported, the blonde shrugs and makes her way over to her fellow blonde, glancing oddly at the boy who also seems to be drawn to the Supernatural Club President...
<Kotono> "Hi, Asher and Usagi! Asher, this is Usagi!" Kotono nods, as if it's obvious to (Well, at least her
<Kotono> "Hi, Asher and Usagi! Asher, this is Usagi!" Kotono nods, as if it's obvious to (Well, at least her) everyone. "He's who I told you about, Usa-chan."
<Asher> This vantage title's significance is lost on Asher as he too catches the sight of another blonde, with a rather striking hairstyle, converging on Kotono. To her, Asher looks like pretty much anyone else in school: a schoolboy, 5'9" - somewhat tall for the standard - with cropped black hair and a fairly forgiving face. A heavy backpack sags from his shoulder, as does a kendo stick he holds casually with one hand. He seems to be familiar with Kotono as he catches up to the two and nods.
<Asher> -- Kotono as he catches up to the two and nods.
<Usagi> "Oh..." Usagi's eyes widen in surprise, not having expected to be thrust into meeting Kotono's new Moon-Kingdom-Sword-Wielding friend. "Um... hi?" she hazards lamely, essaying a small wave. She's a little bit shorter than Kotono, though she still fills out her Juuban High uniform well, managing a friendly and engaging smile despite her startlement.
<Kotono> "He's nice and," To her credit, Kotono lowers her voice, "Serenity entrusted it to him, so you know!"
<Asher> "Hi," Asher manages back, also not entirely comfortable with this whole "thrust into meeting new person!" ordeal. But it's not like Kotono and/or certain others hadn't pulled that on him. Before. Multiple times. He manages to keep his expression mostly controlled as he nods to the girl. "I'm Asher Shinsei, though I'm sure Kotono already told you that. And probably lots more."
<Usagi> "Uh, yeah... it all kinda blurred together, though..." Usagi briefly glances at her friend before shrugging and giving Asher a bow. "I'm Usagi Tsukino. Nice to meet you?" she offers.
<Kotono> Kotono just nods along, smiling. "Why don't we go somewhere nice, huh?"
<Asher> Asher throws a wary glance over at Kotono before bowing back politely to Usagi, his eyes left mostly hidden. "I'm sure we all want to spare ourselves some embarassment, so let's go ahead and follow Kotono's suggestion."
<Usagi> "Okay. Have anywhere in mind, Kotono-chan?" Usagi asks, just going with the flow for now. This is too weird - why's stuff to do with the Moon Kingdom popping up now after so long with it not being any kind of issue? It doesn't help that she feels completely out of the loop on all this - how did Kotono find him, anyway?
<Kotono> "How about some ice cream at the Crown," Kotono innocently suggests, tapping her chin as she nods. "We talk and chat there, huh?"
<Asher> That sounded innocent enough. Memories of Kotono's milkshake-guzzling ability flashes back to mind, though, as Asher steadily agrees. "Sure, why not?" Anything to go with right now. God, he hated awkward social situations.
<Kotono> "Then let's go?" Kotono says even more agreeably, nodding along as she starts to walk.
<Usagi> "That works," Usagi shrugs, falling in behind Kotono. "So how'd you two meet?" she asks, trying to both get information and keep the conversation from lapsing into awkward silence.
<Asher> "Meet would be a very conservative way to put it," Asher quips in a soft tone as they trail along. Soft enough that Kotono might not catch that. His face lapses back into a dreary weariness as they amble along.
<Usagi> "Oh?" Usagi quirks her head at Asher. Wow, he really seems unhappy...
<Kotono> "It was cool! I went looking for Supernatural books and ran right nito him since he works at a bookstore!" Kotono gleefullly nods, walking at Asher's side and leaning over to nod.
<Usagi> "Uh huh... and that's when you found out about the magic sword?" Usagi desperately attempts to fill in the copious blanks in what information she's been given.
<Kotono> "Well, I came back later and it turns out the sword had said Pluto and Hotaru-chan came with me and they sparred and all that, and one thing lead to another!" So you walk on - it's not too far to the Crown, at least.
<Usagi> "It's a talking sword?" Usagi's eyebrow rises up. This just gets better and better...
<Kotono> Around you students walk on the brisk, windy sidewalk. A lot of people but not too many, voices ones amoung many. Freedom is had for most, the school drums escaped for another day. Many head in the same direction you do, the Crown Arcade and Fruits Parlor.
<Asher> Asher is just walking along, obviously not looking to intrude inside the conversation between the two as he obediently sticks to Kotono's side. The Crown should be coming up... soon... and he occasionally glances back to make sure Usagi's still with them.
<Kotono> "That's what Asher said, but I haven't heard it talk and we think it said Pluto and Saturn after it was near us, so that was cool and we'll figure it out but let's go, okay?" So Kotono picks up the pace, ready to head to the Crown!
<Asher> "Mmkay," Asher replies in earnest conviction as they move on. He finally manages one momentary pause to look back at Usagi behind them and throws her an apologetic expression. In just that demeanor, though, it's pretty obvious this boy has his hands tied. Somehow.
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Anastasia

> ---
<Takeshi> [15:25] <@Kotono> "Well, I came back later and it turns out the sword had said Pluto and Hotaru-chan came with me and they sparred and all that, and one thing lead to another!" So you walk on - it's not too far to the Crown, at least.
<Takeshi> [15:27] <@Usagi> "It's a talking sword?" Usagi's eyebrow rises up. This just gets better and better...
<Takeshi> [15:27] <@Kotono> Around you students walk on the brisk, windy sidewalk. A lot of people but not too many, voices ones amoung many. Freedom is had for most, the school drums escaped for another day. Many head in the same direction you do, the Crown Arcade and Fruits Parlor.
<Takeshi> [15:27] <@Asher> Asher is just walking along, obviously not looking to intrude inside the conversation between the two as he obediently sticks to Kotono's side. The Crown should be coming up... soon... and he occasionally glances back to make sure Usagi's still with them.
<Takeshi> [15:28] <@Kotono> "That's what Asher said, but I haven't heard it talk and we think it said Pluto and Saturn after it was near us, so that was cool and we'll figure it out but let's go, okay?" So Kotono picks up the pace, ready to head to the Crown!
<Takeshi> [15:31] <@Asher> "Mmkay," Asher replies in earnest conviction as they move on. He finally manages one momentary pause to look back at Usagi behind them and throws her an apologetic expression. In just that demeanor, though, it's pretty obvious this boy has his hands tied. Somehow.
> To the Crown you go! Upstairs to the Fruits Parlor - it's packed today! Unazuki waves briefly as you settle into one of the view opens booths, one pretty open. Once you get there, "Beb ack in a couple," Kotono nods, heading off to the bathrooms.
* Usagi raises an eyebrow at the apologetic look she's getting, not quite sure what to make of it. Settling into the booth after they arrive at the Crown and Kotono flees, she studies Asher for a moment. "Are you alright?" she eventually asks. "I know this is weird and all, and don't really get what's happening, myself, but... you kinda look like you'd rather be elsewhere."
<Asher> Having only been here a scant few times all the couple of years that he's been attending Juuban High, Asher adjusts himself into his seat with some difficulty. With Kotono gone, though, there's a tiiiiny bit of visible relief that washes over his face as he turns back to address Usagi with a genuine smile. "It is in its own way, but at the same time, I don't really mind. Honestly, um... I'm more nervous about what I can't predict than what I just h
<Asher> -- than what I just haven't learned yet." He throws a meaningful glance in the direction that Kotono left, accenting this with a bit of a sigh. "Sorry about coming out of nowhere, though. You said your name was Usagi?"
* Usagi nods. "Tsukino," she concludes, before volunteering, "I'm in class H-2." Following his glance at where Kotono departed, she shakes her head slightly. "I guess Kotono-chan came on really strong once she found out you had a magic sword?"
<Asher> "Some magic sword," he mutters under his breath, gesturing to the plain as day kendo stick that was sticking only partially out next to him from beneath the booth. He keeps a foot holding it steady. "No, actually, she's been... very... energetic from the day I met her. Which would be only a few days." He rests both elbows and hands on the table, continuing. "These sudden new relevations didn't really help, though."
<Asher> *revelations
<Usagi> "Ah, yeah, she ah... I think I heard her mention you were cute," the blonde coughs delicately. "She sometimes gets a bit too enthusiastic, I guess... take it as a compliment?" she smiles weakly at her schoolmate.
<Asher> "A bit." The vast understatement of the word is not least on him as Asher winces slightly. "Maybe I'm not all too comfortable with compliments, then, if that's how they usually are." There's a hint of sarcasm to his voice, but not -too- much as he turns back to regard Usagi fully. "Should we... really be talking about any of this here? I get the impression that most of this is kept under wraps, and Kotono... can be, ah, vocal."
> Speaking of the devil, Kotono returns. She smacks her now ruby red lips as she sits next to Asher, "Hiya, I didn't miss anything, did I?"
<Asher> The return of the blonde clearly has an impact that any observer with half a brain can catch easily. Asher stiffens momentarily and slides veeery subtly to the side to make room for Kotono, seeming to clutch on something. Anything. The backpack! The table! For stability.
<Usagi> "Oh, no," Usagi smiles pleasantly at Kotono before returning her attention to Asher. "You might have a point, actually... Hey, Kotono-chan, think we should maybe go someplace a bit quieter if we're going to be talking about... y'know?"
> "Well, do you mind if we get some food here first," Kotono cocks her head, sliding on in and entirely too close to Asher. "I'm kind of hungry and I'd love a milkshake."
<Asher> "A milkshake, Kotono?" Asher responds by trying to give her as much room as he can possibly give - which is to say, not much. The booth only goes in so far, after all, and he squirms ever so slightly while trying to cover his expression with a forced grin. But eventual relent. "Well, we're already here, so..."
> "Milkshake?" Unazuki's bright voice carries, cheerful and nice. "Hiya, Usagi-chan! You guys want anything?"
<Usagi> "I guess I wouldn't mind some ice cream myself..." the blonde demurs. "Oh, well - while we wait on that, could I have a look at your sword please, Asher-kun?" she asks nicely, holding out a hand expectantly.
> "...sword?" Unazuki stops at that, bliking at Usagi.
<Usagi> "Oh, hi, Unazuki-chan!" Usagi turns her attention to her older friend at that interruption. Then she frowns slightly at the addendum. "His kendo stick!" she appends herself, pointing at the wooden practice sword. "What did you think I was talking about?!"
<Asher> Asher blinks and gently thuds his head back against whatever hard surface is readily available on his seat. He smiles weakly to Unazuki, and is about to reply before the other blonde throws in her interlude and then promptly keeps his mouth shut. Why risk himself to more fire?
> "Not like that!" Kotono blurts, even as Unazuki grins.
> "Right. Heh, heh," Blushing herself and going, on, tip-toetapping, "What can I get you three today?"
* Usagi sighs a bit in defeat. Forever misunderstood... "Ice cream soda, please."
> "Milkshake...what flavor do you like, Asher," Kotono smiles and cocks her head to him, charming, red lipped and waiting.
<Asher> He gives her a long look, considering all of the myriad possibilities over the span of the second or two that passes. Best to go with the truth! "Um.. I don't have a real preference, Kotono. Whatever you like." Bland, and lame, and assuredly safe.
> "How about a vanilla milkshake for us?" Kotono smiles, holding up a v of two fingers. "Two straws in it, please!"
> "Ooooh! Well, if it's like that," A sympathetic glance to Usagi, Unazuki smiling all too understandingly.
* Usagi gives Unazuki a lopsided smile and a shrug that all too well gives her side of things.
<Asher> Asher restrains the urge to put Kotono's hand down and speaks up for himself, gently correcting the former's statement. "I wouldn't feel right about stealing from your drink, Kotono. I'll have one too, please." Hey. That sounded somewhat believable! And he kept the smile! Somehow.
> "...ooooh!" Unazuki scribbles down different notes. "Right, be back in a couple!"
> "...hey, what's wrongw ith sharing a drink and it's cool and romantic, right?" Kotono blushes and turns to Asher.
<Usagi> "We're not here on a date, Kotono," Usagi tiredly reminds her friend.
<Asher> Faceplant. Well, partial faceplant. Asher's face falls for a moment and is buried in his hands as he speaks half-coherantly from that position. He can muster absolutely no response to that whatsoever, his face flushed, but thankfully Usagi saves him and he turns up momentarily to throw her a thankful look.
* Usagi gives Asher a small and embarrassed smile. "Anyway, before we got all distracted, I was asking if I could take a look at the sword?" she tries again.
<Asher> "Er... right." Scooting back, Asher carefully plucks the thing up, not wanting to wave it around like an idiot in the middle of the store and passes over to the table to Usagi without any fanfare. "I still don't feel anything special about it, aside from it..." His voice lowers a bit, somewhat in irritation. "Talking to me sometimes. If you can believe that."
> Kotono just blushes, looking down at her lap for the moment.
<Usagi> "Heh, let me tell you about my talking crystal, sometime," Usagi giggles slightly in reply, carefully taking the practice sword in her hands and holding it lengthwise across her lap. "Anyway, I've seen another magic sword before, so I guess I'm curious how this one works," she murmurs, trying to trace the lines of magic running through the thing.
> OOC - Soul check +1
<Usagi> roll 2d6+1
* Rei-chan --> "Usagi rolls 2d6+1 and gets 8."
<Asher> "That'd be interesting," Asher agrees amiably, although Kotono quieting down next to him catches his attention momentarily. His eyes waver momentarily, caught in indecision. Feeling thoroughly uncomfortable, he looks over back at her, trying to think of something to say. But no words come out.
> OOC - Body checks all three of you, +1.
> roll 2d6+1
* Rei-chan --> "Kotono rolls 2d6+1 and gets 11."
<Asher> roll 2d6+1
* Rei-chan --> "Asher rolls 2d6+1 and gets 8."
<Usagi> roll 2d6+1
* Rei-chan --> "Usagi rolls 2d6+1 and gets 8."
> As this happens a cresendo of raw noise is unleashed! The windows and light fixtures above shatter around you, a rain of sparking glass! You are badly dazed by the noise burst, ears ringing!
<Usagi> "Ahhh!" Usagi shrieks, promptly ducking under the table! Earthquake!
<Asher> Asher's thoroughly surprised, but he's no dummy on the draw either. With pain in his ears and the sound of breaking glass, he lets his posture relax and slide down as well, one hand instinctively grabbing his pack, the other grabbing the nearest thing near him - Kotono's arm - and letting himself slip down beneath the table as well.
> Kotono falls down with Asher, eyes glazed over and stunned by the massive discharge of noise! The tinkle of glass is barely heard as you recover. "Get them," A voice says quietly, noises heard as your ears clear.
<Asher> Sucking in a breath, self-defense instincts reach Asher as he catches sight of the kendo stick that Usagi had and quickly yanks it from its position near her seat, bringing it beneath the table and staying hunched.
<Usagi> Hearing that noise, Usagi has an unpleasant flashback. Handing the sword back to Asher, the blonde pokes her head out from under the table, looking around for the source of the noises.
<Asher> "Usagi?" His voice is barely a whisper, but it's clearly an urge to have her keep her head back down.
* Usagi ignores the voice just long enough to get an idea of what's going on before she ducks back down again.
> The man here is striking - bone white hair, close cropped and hiding alluring black eyes. He wears a black suit, idly buffing his fingernails as thre eother -things- scurry about! Each is green skinned and hunched, perahps five feet tall, with gangly arms and a skull with no skin over it. They clitter-clatter as they walk, darting about in a frenzy! (More)
> Bony feet, barely any green flesh on them, cause that clattering. "Find out if it's here now," The white haired man instructs, face cold and bored as he focuses on his hands.
<Usagi> Safely back under the table and out of sight, Usagi quickly takes in the other two with her. "Kotono, get Asher out of here and call for help - I'll distract them!" she instructs quickly, before she simultaneously teleports and transforms, Usagi Tsukino vanishing from under the table before Sailor Moon appears in the middle of the Crown!
<Asher> Asher's face screws in consternation on THAT statement. He may be feeling overwhelmed as all hell right now, but the thing he hates the most is to be told to go away or otherwise give up on something. Even something as heart-pounding as this. His grip tightens on the kendo stick as he squeezes himself a little more freely beneath the table, now that Usagi is gone.
<Sailor_Moon> In an instant, the sailor suited defender of love and justice is there! Attired in a white bodysuit and skirt with a blue and yellow trim, the leggy blonde poses dramatically, still knowing how to grab attention when she has to! "Hold it right there!" she declares at the intruders. "I don't know who you are or where you came from, but that kind of entrance can only mean no good! Whatever you're planning, you'd better reconsider!"
> "Wait, Moon!" Kotono whispers out, "You're gonna fight them alone, huh?"
> "...hm?" A turn of his head to you, a darkly debonair smile all over his face. His shoes are perfect black loafers, seamlessly flowing into his suit. "A pest." Without hesitating he grimaces, his body pulsing with red outlines!
> roll 2d6
* Rei-chan --> "Kotono rolls 2d6 and gets 11."
> But nothing happens! "...mph. You're not a human?" He cocks his head curiously, bending his neck far out of possible position.  The chittering green creatures stop, staring at the defender of Lovea nd Justice!
> "Just stay down for now," Kotono hisses, getting out a strange little device. "I'll call Rei-chan and the others!"
> Notably all the other people here are quite out - stunned by the blast, perhaps?
<Sailor_Moon> "A pest? That's no way to talk to Juuban's long absent defender of love and justice!" the blonde cries, aggrieved. "I don't know who you are, but I'm human and my name is Sailor Moon, and in the name of the Moon, I will punish you!"
<Sailor_Moon> roll 2d6 for art of distraction
* Rei-chan --> "Sailor_Moon rolls 2d6 for art of distraction and gets 9."
<Asher> Tension etches on every part of Asher's form, but he nods in a quick motion and forces himself to stay restrained, foot planted on the ground. He keeps his breathing to a minimal, trying to stay quiet, but continuously keeps his eyes out at anything he can discern regardless.
> "You want to play, then?" Turning to her Usagi fully, he reaches one hand into his suit. "Fine. I'll give you a death worthy of you,  'human'. Keep searching for now!" He barks that order out, intent on Sailor Moon, as the other three creatures begin to pander around again.
> OOC - Initiative.
<Asher> And feels a little light-headed at Sailor Moon's speech. This feels unreal!
<Sailor_Moon> roll 1d6+9
* Rei-chan --> "Sailor_Moon rolls 1d6+9 and gets 11."
> Meanwhile Kotono presses a button, an angry voice hissing, "What, I'm in the bath! I told you not to call when..." "Monstesr at the Crown!" Kotono just hisses, a black haired girl glimpsed in the communicator window.
> roll 1d6
* Rei-chan --> "Kotono rolls 1d6 and gets 5."
> OOC - He goes first.
> Sailing forward at a sprint, a short katana is withdrawn from his suit! It glistens red, a giant ruby on it's hilt! "By the name of my blighted blade, Pandemic!" With haste he approaches, a sweeping slash as he runs past Usagi!
> roll 2d6
* Rei-chan --> "Kotono rolls 2d6 and gets 7."
> OOC - DCV
<Sailor_Moon> roll 2d6
* Rei-chan --> "Sailor_Moon rolls 2d6 and gets 11."
> The slash cleaves into Sailor Moon's side! A small splurt of blood well out from the smooth slice, the edges turning reddish even without it's bloodshed! Usagi feels pain as well as feeling faint and sick! (27 damage and -1 CV due to feeling ill. Really ill.) Her stomach churns andh er brown springs into fiery torment! He stops a few tables away, glass crinkling underfoot as he stops. "How does it feel, human? No one struck by this cursed sword lives."
> Turning so his eyes lock onto Usagi's, a cool and devious smirk as he watches the Sailor bleed!
> "How does it feel, human? No one struck by this cursed sword lives."
<Sailor_Moon> "Ahhh!" Usagi hisses, eyes squinting to block out tears as she staggers back. Really should've practiced more in the past few years, she realises too late... "We'll see about that," she grimaces, a shimmer of golden light appearing at her side as she summons an ornate platinum and gold staff, topped by several ornate and now starting to glow crystals.
<Sailor_Moon> Catching the staff as it appears, she swings it around to take in her opponent and his servants, calling out "Moon Twilight Flash!" as a wave of barely discernable dim light ripples through the Crown, taking in all four invaders!
<Sailor_Moon> roll 2d6
* Rei-chan --> "Sailor_Moon rolls 2d6 and gets 7."
> "Right!" The black haired girl calls back, vanishing frmo view as Kotono winces and look sup. "Asher! Craaap, Usa-cahn!" Peeking out briefly and -carefully- putting her communicator down and away, "Pluto Crystal Power, Make UP!"
> roll 2d6
* Rei-chan --> "Kotono rolls 2d6 and gets 10."
> roll 2d6
> roll 2d6
> roll 2d6
* Rei-chan --> "Kotono rolls 2d6 and gets 8."
* Rei-chan --> "Kotono rolls 2d6 and gets 8."
* Rei-chan --> "Kotono rolls 2d6 and gets 5."
> The servants are torn and battered, sent flying in the aurora of twilight! They're badly scorched and singed, while your attack is knocked to his knees! He rises instantly, flowing up - but as he does his shape flickers ever so slightly. "Purity..." he growls, "No human should have that power in this age! So...heh..." Wiping his hadn against the back of his mouth, "You're a delicious liar, or..."
> Meanwhile Sailor Pluto appears! Kneeling down, she looks to Asher, "Here, you can try calling the others but be careful, okay?"
<Sailor_Moon> "Or you don't have a clue what you've gotten yourself in for!" Usagi concludes, though her defiance is belied by her alarmingly pale skin and a noticable case of the shakes as this horrible blight courses through her.
> His servants get up, skull heads and faces grimacing and uttering meaningless noises as they struggle to rise. "Tear her apart. Such a human...hmph." Now his eyes shine with malice, "Now!" OOC - Initiative. Usagi has lost 5 HP due to being ill.
<Asher> Asher shakes his head nearly in disbelief as he takes the communicator, half a statement on his lips. The fact that he doesn't have the slightest clue on how to use it is left unsaid. "Alright."
<Sailor_Moon> rp;; 1d6+8
> It has a row of buttons - astrological symbols from Mercury down to Pluto.
<Sailor_Moon> roll 1d6+8
* Rei-chan --> "Sailor_Moon rolls 1d6+8 and gets 13."
> roll 1d6 big baddie
* Rei-chan --> "Kotono rolls 1d6 big baddie and gets 6."
> roll 1d6 others
> roll 1d6 others
> roll 1d6 others
* Rei-chan --> "Kotono rolls 1d6 others and gets 1."
* Rei-chan --> "Kotono rolls 1d6 others and gets 4."
* Rei-chan --> "Kotono rolls 1d6 others and gets 6."
<Asher> Oh. Well. Then. Let's try pushing the one he actually knows. Button with Saturn symbol, go!
> roll 1d6+12
* Rei-chan --> "Kotono rolls 1d6+12 and gets 13."
> Big baddie>Usagi=Kotono=Baddie 3>The other two.
> "Hold it!" Sailor Pluto ducks out from the table, dusting off her legs as she rises! LEvelling her Time and Space staff at your enemy, "This is just not cool! No way romantic dates and really awesome talks should be ruined by some jerk in a suit that cost him too much money, even if I bet you stole it from some hard working salaryman! In the name of Pluto your ass is grass!"
<Asher> Adwjfajsdf NEARLY DROPS the communicator as he hears the end of that speech.
> "...another one?" He stops, an aura of red spreading around his body and flashing!
> roll 2d6
* Rei-chan --> "Kotono rolls 2d6 and gets 10."
<Asher> And in a fervent whisper Asher mouths out some words beneath the table, trying still not to attract attention.
> But nothing happens again, but he looks on at Pluto, short sword retreated into his jacket, hand hidden. "You aren't human, either..." he hisses, "Well! Inhumans, no matter what youw ant to call yourselves!"
<Sailor_Moon> "Shut up!" Usagi snaps, her burning insides doing no good at all for her usually sunny disposition, the blonde only glaring and releasing another, now slightly brighter burst of light from her staff!
<Sailor_Moon> roll 2d6
* Rei-chan --> "Sailor_Moon rolls 2d6 and gets 8."
> roll 2d6 big one
* Rei-chan --> "Kotono rolls 2d6 big one and gets 8."
> roll 2d6
> roll 2d6
> roll 2d6
* Rei-chan --> "Kotono rolls 2d6 and gets 11."
* Rei-chan --> "Kotono rolls 2d6 and gets 3."
<Asher> With a silently uttered oath to himself, Asher slowly tries to ease back in the table, giving himself as much cover room as possible as his grip tightens on the kendo stick and he tries to take a peek out to get ahold of the situation.
> A this happens oneof the servants is just as quick! It lashes out at Usagi, it's hand turning into a flaming maw to bite at the rabbit's side!
> roll 2d6
> OOC - DCV
<Sailor_Moon> roll 2d6
* Rei-chan --> "Sailor_Moon rolls 2d6 and gets 10."
> Meanwhile the Saturn symbol lights up! "Hello?" You hear Hotaru's voice, carrying and slightly tinny.
<Asher> "Hotaru." Asher's voice edges with tension on every syllable. "We have monsters at the Crown. Usagi and Kotono here."
> As it bites into Usagi's side, the monster is obliterated by her twilight flash! All three of the servants are turned nito utter nothingness, as if they never existed! The main bad guy is k nocked back again, hissing in high pitched pain! (14 damage to Usa.)
> "On it," Hotaru agrees, that call ending briefly!
<Asher> With that, he shoves the communicator quickly into the pack lying at the feet of the seat near the table, again trying to get a bearing of the situation by glancing out as momentarily as possible.
> Meanwhile Pluto gets ready, staring dead ahead at him! "No way I let you get away with any of this!" Dropping her Staff of Time and space, she runs forward, a ball of distortion in her hands, "Pluto...Hyper COMPRESSIOIN!"
> roll 2d6
* Rei-chan --> "Kotono rolls 2d6 and gets 7."
> roll 2d6
* Rei-chan --> "Kotono rolls 2d6 and gets 6."
> The compression twists him about, body swirling in a black hole before he returns to normal! His suit is slightly battered, a few cuts on his face and his arm hanging weaker! "...Space magic...?" he says in utter surprise again, a moment of real shock as he look sat both girls. "Purity AND Space?"
> OOC - React/initiative.
> OOC - Usagi loses another 5 HP.
<Sailor_Moon> roll 1d6+8
* Rei-chan --> "Sailor_Moon rolls 1d6+8 and gets 9."
> roll 1d6+10
* Rei-chan --> "Kotono rolls 1d6+10 and gets 13."
> roll 1d6 baddie
* Rei-chan --> "Kotono rolls 1d6 baddie and gets 6."
<Asher> roll 1d6+9
* Rei-chan --> "Asher rolls 1d6+9 and gets 13."
> Baddie>Kotono=Asher>Moon
> Glowering at them, "I suppose finding Lightbringer...heh," With a twinkle of red he vanishes, the air around him becomine fetid as he leaves. "The Sages have much to learn, then..."
* Sailor_Moon grimaces, leaning heavily on her staff once the bad guy leaves and resting her free hand over her wound, starting to glow softly as she attempts to purge herself of the vile blight infecting her.
> OOC - Soul check +2
<Asher> Barely a moment after this passes does Asher emerge from beneath the table, ye beating stick out and leaping quickly to a full standing position to.... nothing. Like a deer caught in headlight.
<Sailor_Moon> roll 2d6+2 burning 10 EP
* Rei-chan --> "Sailor_Moon rolls 2d6+2 burning 10 EP and gets 13."
> But Usagi only feels worse! Her body wobbles, flesh burning from the insides to a gale unknown! (5 more HP lost.)
> "Usagi-chan!" K otnoo blurts, Pluto at her side and helping her stay up. "You okay?"
* Sailor_Moon emits a small cry, leaning against Kotono. "N-no..." she whimpers, now deathly pale and starting to convulse as she desperately rallies herself to try and fend off the disease that's so rapidly consuming her!
> OOC - Body check.
<Sailor_Moon> roll 2d6 burning 10 EP
* Rei-chan --> "Sailor_Moon rolls 2d6 burning 10 EP and gets 12."
<Asher> Asher's face falls as well as he rushes over to both of them, feeling wholly inadequate for this situation but not content to just stand there like an idiot. He gives balance on Usagi's other side, helping her stand up straight. "What -happened-...?"
> Usagi feels faint...falling...falling! She falls to her knees, burning up good! (5 more HP damage, but she's still barely concious.)
> "Monster attack," Kotono answers quickly, looking up at Asher as she helds hold the blonde girl up. "Help me with her, and call Hot-chan!"
<Asher> "I already did," Asher replies quickly as he moves to help Usagi back up. At least he's good for that, easily getting a grip on the girl.
<Asher> A mix of both worry and overwhelmingness is plastered all over his face, but his eyes remained focused down on the senshi.
<Sailor_Moon> "S... ser... en..." Usagi tries, weak voice pleading with them for who she thinks has the best shot of curing this even as she dwindles further, a fitful and sporadic glow appearing around her as she tries once more with the last of her effort to purify the disease inside her.
<Sailor_Moon> roll 2d6+3
* Rei-chan --> "Sailor_Moon rolls 2d6+3 and gets 10."
> With her last effort Usagi begins to feel better - it's as if the sickness was never there! But the pain and damage is done, as she feels her conciousness retreat, her body going to rest.
<Sailor_Moon> "Ahh..." Usagi sighs, but it's a more happy noise, some colour returning even as she goes utterly limp between the other two.
<Sailor_Moon> -------
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Laggy

[19:55] <Anastasia> In a rush Sailor Saturn came - her duty was clear. To the Crown's Fruits Parlor she teleported as soon as she was ready, on a few critical, long moments to assure her situation was safe before she did. The Crown is s hattered - the windows tinkle and glitter on the floor and tables. The light fixures above are broken, as if a great concussive force blew the glassy materials asunder. (More)
[19:56] <Anastasia> Sailor Pluto and Asher huddle around a downed blonde Moon! Her right side is ripped open like an overripe slab of meat, blood pooling on the floor. Her forehead is sweaty, as Kotono tries to hold her. "C'mon, Hot-chan," she mutters, looking up to Asher. "If's she's gonna be a few we'll need to use your shirt as bandages, alright?"
[19:59] <Asher> "Alright," Asher nods in compliance. There's a definite tension to his voice as he carefully sets the injured Usagi and, already in preparation, tears off the arm sleeve of his shirt. His eyes are a bit red as they assert the blonde's condition next to him, quickly wrapping the cloth into what would pass as a makeshift bandage.
[19:59] * Hotaru-chan just shakes her head, sighing softly and throwing her senses out on wide search, lowering her mental walls to increase sensitivity as she moves over towards Moon. "So what besides the blood loss got her? I've stayed conscious through worse,a nd I have less blood..." she murmursSaturn nearly glowing with ready energy.
[20:00] <Anastasia> "She got hit by that sword thingy he had," Kotono turns to Saturn with a happy, relieved smile, "He said no one lived after being hit by his something blade Pandemic or something!"
[20:01] <Anastasia> Turning back to ASher, "Um, a second too slow on the bandage," she blushes and apologies meekly, Pluto cowed.
[20:02] <Asher> His head snaps up as he notices Saturn's entrance, a bit of consternation on his face. "She's still bleeding and injured, you know." Somewhat of a half-tired, half-anxious tone as he sighs momentarily and stuffs the torn part of his shirt away. Making sure that Usagi was alright, he slowly backs off for Hotaru to take over.
[20:02] <Sailor_Saturn> "Usagi can fix it in a bet...hell, I might try to, I need to work on creation magic," Hotaru mutters, one hand dropping down to sift her energy into the downed blonde. "Purification is Usagi's specialty rather than mine, I'll glance inside her after I figure out if there are any remaining presences around here."
[20:02] <Sailor_Saturn> *bit
[20:03] <Anastasia> OOC - soul check for looking, 'taru.
[20:03] <Sailor_Saturn> roll 2d6
[20:03] <Reikobot> Sailor_Saturn rolled : 2d6 --> [ 2d6=12 ]{12}
[20:03] <Reikobot> Sailor_Saturn rolled : 2d6 --> [ 2d6=7 ]{7}
[20:03] <Asher> Kotono's remark seems to go right over Asher's head. He's biting down on his lips, his gaze still not leaving the unconscious Usagi.
[20:04] <Anastasia> As golden energy fuels Usagi, her wound begins to mend! Restoring to new, slowly and painstakingly patched! "Well, at least she's healing, but she was trying to say Serenity or something just before she passed out!"
[20:07] * Hello-Ganlong has quit IRC (scifi-classics.dejatoons.net atarians.dejatoons.net)
[20:07] * Makoto has quit IRC (scifi-classics.dejatoons.net atarians.dejatoons.net)
[20:07] <Sailor_Saturn> "If she was infected with something, Serenity's the next most likely person to have a clue what to do," Hotaru suggests, pulling back behind her mental defenses before throwing her senses into Usagi, looking for any irregularities in her lines. "There aren't any more threats around here."
[20:08] <Anastasia> OOC - Soul check +2, 'taru-'taru creaturism.
[20:08] <Sailor_Saturn> roll 2d6+2 burning 20 ep
[20:08] <Reikobot> Sailor_Saturn rolled : 2d6+2 burning 20 ep --> [ 2d6=8 ]{10}
[20:08] <Anastasia> "Well, if you see something and she doesn't heal up fine we'll go now, and if not later since we need to talk to her about this if some creep is going around and doing this! Besides," A look to Asher, "That means we have to start training you for real now!"
[20:09] <Asher> "I already figured that much," the young man responded quietly. He was unusually firm on his words, and he did not return Kotono's glance: merely kept looking down at Usagi, his posture seemingly stiff.
[20:13] <Anastasia> Usagi's out - cheeks cooling but still flushed, wound partly mended by Hotaru's magic.
[20:13] <Sailor_Saturn> "Try to unclench a little...you won't survive if watching someone go down like this is going to freeze you solid," Hotaru offers, blunt but with a strangely softened tone. "Walk around," she adds, still msotly focused on meticulously trying to find anything wrong with her aura.
[20:14] <Sailor_Saturn> *Usagi's aura
[20:15] <Asher> His face flares up angrily for a moment, but that moment dies quicker than thought imaginable. Immediately Asher's expression slackens back down into a more deferential look, his voice slightly off-tone. "Right. Sorry." He backs off from the two - well, three - in general, foot stepping on one of the broken shards of glass and jerks back instinctively. Thankfully, it didn't go through the shoe.
[20:16] <Asher> And takes the moment to inspect the now-ruined Crown. Instinctively licking dry lips, his grip on the out-of-place kendo stick remains firm, with little else to say.
[20:17] <Sailor_Saturn> Hotaru looks up, offering him a small smile. "Sorry, we're under tight circumstances here," she offers, pulling back her energies, and beginning to gather white light like Jun once taught her, focusing it into a lance, or possibly a broom of energy to sweep into those out of place green areas.
[20:18] <Anastasia> OOC - Soul check +2.
[20:18] <Sailor_Saturn> roll 2d6+2
[20:18] <Reikobot> Sailor_Saturn rolled : 2d6+2 --> [ 2d6=5 ]{7}
[20:18] <Anastasia> As Hotaru does try to focus, she notices that they're fading naturally, the last bits of green lines dissipating on their own will.
[20:18] <Asher> "I'm aware," Asher speaks quietly, quiet enough that it's debatable whetever either of them even make out the words. His phrase actually seems to be directed towards someone else.
[20:19] <Anastasia> Kotono nods once to Hotaru as she pats Usagi's forehead, looking around. "Okay, and when we're ready we'll get out of here, huh?" The people around are still very, very out.
[20:20] <Anastasia> ASher's sword begins to glow green, picking up a light as it is held.
[20:21] <Sailor_Saturn> "Alright, she's out of immediate danger, the poison residue is fading on its own. She just needs rest," Hotaru nods, taking a deep breath. "I'm moving her to Serenity's, you bring Asher, call whoever's available and get them together, if the poison managed to punch through Miss My Aura is Whiter than Bleached Cotton's very existence, overkill is a requirement."
[20:23] <Asher> "And everything here?" Asher quietly speaks up. He doesn't point, but it's pretty obvious he's referring to the carnage around them and the multitudes of unconscious people.
[20:23] <Anastasia> "It said it wasnt human and thatw e weren't human since we had Purity and Space," Kotono chimes in, glancing between Hotaru, Asher and Usagi. "Right, Rei's already on her way - we'll catch her and head over, alright, and figure out from there?"
[20:24] <Asher> "Do we contact the authorities anonymously, or just..." Faltering for a moment. "Leave?"
[20:25] * Sailor_Saturn glances around, looking for any wounded. "Usually, we just leave. We can't afford contact, and people tend to write it off as a gas explosion," Hotaru murmurs, basically willing to keep anyone from bleeding to death, but other than that...
[20:26] <Anastasia> There don't seem to be any serious injuries. While not stirring no one looks to be cut beyond a trifle. Whatever broke the glass knocked themo ut, perhaps.
[20:27] <Anastasia> "It depends, yeah. But if they're okay I can't imagine that there won't be helps oon, since it kinda messed up the windows, you know?" Kotono adds.
[20:27] <Asher> Just a confirmative nod. He doesn't look like he's going to press the issue, having asked it and moving over back to the two. Before that, though, Asher takes the moment to grab the backpack beneath the table, holding his essentials and - more importantly - Kotono's communicator.
[20:28] * Sailor_Saturn shakes her head. "Nothing looks serious, we're withdrawing," she says finally, sounding...imperious? "Anyway, see you at Serenity's," she says again, reaching down to touch Usagi, Moon and Saturn disappearing in a disintegrating flash of violet.
[20:29] <Anastasia> "Right." Kotono looks around and bites her lip, one hand picking up her staff while the other goes to her chest. "...jerks," she mutters to herself, "We had all this and they come and attack people again? Wasn't it bad enough with Jadeite doing that to people, huh?"
[20:33] <Asher> "One man's misery is another man's fortune." A bit of a variant, but the point was made, nonetheless. But again, Asher offers no more comment as he makes his way over, glancing at Kotono. "We're teleporting there too, I'm guessing?"
[20:34] <Anastasia> Wow. You don't see that often - Kotono's eye's flash in real anger. For just a moment she could give Rei a running to, fists gripping her staff hard enough to leave imprints on her palms. "Yeah, we are, and we're so gonna stop whatever JERK is doing this!" Grabbing Asher's hand Kotono concentrates!
[20:34] <Anastasia> roll 2d6
[20:34] <Reikobot> Anastasia rolled : 2d6 --> [ 2d6=5 ]{5}
[20:36] <Asher> Asher offers no resistance at all, but Kotono's expression isn't lost on him at all. His face changes to an unreadable expression, one that the blonde can catch an instant before the teleportation whisks them both away.
[20:36] <Anastasia> A little while later...
[20:37] <Anastasia> Usagi is safely in Serenity's bed. Such a place aids her recovery, while the others meet downstairs. Serenity and Asher, Pluto, Saturn and Mars(After a spectacular bickering between the two since Pluto didn't wait; Serenity broke it up with a word.) (More)
[20:39] <Anastasia> On hearing the tale from before Serenity frowns deeply over it all, looking over each as they sit in the living room. "I know not what that creature was, but our duty is clear. If it seeks something in this city or world, we won't let it hur tinnocents."
[20:41] <Anastasia> Standing against the wall, Rei Hino nods once. A striking black haired beauty, standoffish as she considers this. "Sure. See'em, burn'em, slash'em, whatever. I'm fine with that entirely. What about you," A casual glance at Asher, "Asher, isn't it? You gonna be okay with all this?"
[20:41] <Sailor_Saturn> Hotaru's smile twists, the half dozing Senshi of Destruction cracking open one eye. "For once, my paranoia came to fruition. The war never really ends," she agrees with Rei, taking a deep breath and leaning her head back against the couch.
[20:42] <Anastasia> "It's something besides Jadeite. So it's a new war if you wanna talk like that and we'll make it a really short one for them since demons or ghosts or monsters or whatever they are just aren't cool when they're doing that!"
[20:42] <Anastasia> Kotono pauses after that, looking at Asher than Serenity. "Right, huh?"
[20:42] <Asher> "There's not a whole lot of room for me to decide whether I'll be alright with it or not. It's going to happen, isn't it?" Asher avoids Rei's direct gaze, content to keep a steady but unfocused look around the entire room.
[20:43] <Asher> His words are anything but uncertain, though, and again Kotono's own speech seems to go right across him.
[20:43] <Anastasia> "You've taken the duty," Serenity smiles faintly at this, "It means we'll have to get to tacks now. I'll handle this myself. Asher, while th eothers rest, would you come with me?"
[20:44] <Asher> "Yes, Queen Serenity," he replied immediately. Her voice had the distinct effect of catching his full attention as he stepped closer to her.
[20:44] <Sailor_Saturn> "Call if you need us, Majesty-chan," Hotaru agrees, seemingly calmer and more relaxed than maybe she should be under the circumstances.
[20:45] <Anastasia> "Merely rest." Serenity looks toa ll of them, "Check on Usagi as well." So the Queen begins to walk, out to the kitchen(Nice but unremarkable. 'cept for an old hibatch grill that's been kept there rather lovingly.), and to the outside. Some scrubby trees and relative privacy here, too.
[20:48] <Asher> Asher keeps a comfortable distance away, out of formality if nothing else, as he follows Serenity out to this... garden? Well, a quiet place, and that's something he can appreciate. His backpack's still slung along, so-called legendary sword in his right hand.
[20:49] <Anastasia> "The demands of training give way to urgency. Are you ready, Asher?" Serenity asks very bluntly, looking to him.
[20:51] <Asher> "It depends on what exactly you ask me to be ready for, Queen Serenity," Asher replies, keeping earnesty in his voice. No pulling strings here. Though still polite and formal, the uncomfort he'd felt during his last visit here was all but gone. "I can never be sure of my own ability. But I am always sure of my willingness to test it. If you're asking me to be ready to face circumstances I have never seen, then yes. I am."
[20:56] <Anastasia> "Then you're ready. Reclaimer...it has been a long time. You've grown to speaking and the Moon only knows what, even ifyou're not fully awake and capable in ways. Now let your line continue, Knight Asher. Point your sword to the sky and call, 'Reclaimer Crystal Power.'
[20:58] <Asher> There's not much point in hesitation here, and it's not like he hasn't seen it happen before. Stepping up and pointing the... well, okay, it's still a kendo stick. But Asher's eyes disregard that fact as he thrusts the sword upward, pointing towards the stars above, and echoes out the words that Serenity commanded. "Reclaimer Crystal Power!"
[21:01] <Anastasia> In the sky his kendo stick changes! Wood is left behind for sleek metal, a curved katana in it's place! A moon crescent emerald in it's hilt and carved into it's pommel! It's blade glistens with green light, carving it aside as it reaches into the sky! But only a moment does Asher have to admire this, as his body gets HOT! (More)
[21:06] <Anastasia> Tight fitting and sturdy, a strange smooth green shirt covers his chest! It's simple and flowing, rippling like the wind! His pants are white, heavy boots worn. No armor, but the clothing is comfortable and easy to move in. His head has a light green gem and band in it, keeping it out of his eyes and serving as a sort of helmet. He feels different now - his fingers crackle and itch, his body swells. He feels - stronger -.
[21:12] <Asher> With a deep, heaving breath, and once the pretty auroras of green have stopped flashing in his eyes, Asher experimentally takes a step back to test out the mobility of this outfit. Suffice to say that he's not had the opportunity to experience spontaneous attire change through magical transformation.
[21:13] <Anastasia> His step back is steady and smooth, fast and skilled.
[21:15] <Asher> With that, his eyes trace back to the figure that's still majestically in front of him, whether she intends it or not. Hefting the newly christened sword in his hand, the swing is effortless. Sailing through air like it were weightless, Asher feels like he almost loses his grip with too much momentum on the slash - but he doesn't. The sword remains firmly attached to his hand.
[21:16] <Asher> The moment passes, and Asher directs himself straight towards Serenity, his posture resolute. The pause before he speaks is only temporary. "Queen Serenity. What would you have me do?"
[21:19] <Anastasia> Serenity's face is not solemn now, only a long gone, wistful smile of so manyp ast things. "Focus now. The first one should come naturally, as it does to most. Focus on your weapon and call forth the power, it's instinct.":
[21:22] <Asher> How does this lady manage to command such unthinking obedience without even raising her voice? But the motion of hesitance fails to register in Asher's head as he closes his eyes and does his best to relax. Seeking anything. Any thoughts, any sensations that come to mind. His grip on the hilt of Reclaimer tightens, its presence the only beacon he seeks.
[21:27] <Asher> And it doesn't take long for something to manifest itself. With the hilt of the blade suddenly bathed in an incandescent emerald green, the welling of energy that flows forth begins to take shape. Despite his shut eyes, he can see it taking form where the blade would be: streams and eddies of intangible hues, flowing and spreading like the wind that the weapon so thrived on.
[21:29] <Asher> The sharp hiss in the air preannounced the green glow spreading through the rest of the sword's form and even to Asher's hand and wrist. With a sudden compulsion to slide his feet back, assuming an old and familiar stance - the first combat readying posture that his grandfather ever taught him. Its familiarity helps to ease the new sensation and power that he was channeling, swinging the blade back effortlessly in a single stroke.
[21:31] <Asher> The air cleaves into another sharp hiss as the sword blurred; then in a loud proclamation, Asher's eyes open, his mouth following suit. "Turbulent Crescent Strike!"
[21:31] <Anastasia> OOC - Just for amusement value, make ACV to see if you crit. Don't worry about it 'lessyou 2 or 12.
[21:31] <Asher> roll 2d6
[21:31] <Reikobot> Asher rolled : 2d6 --> [ 2d6=7 ]{7}
[21:32] <Asher> In a single slash, Reclaimer swings, and a torrent of curved green-white energy shoots out faster than the eye could follow. Even that fades nearly instanteously from sight as the grass in Serenity's garden flattens, air being cut apart as the hyperaccelerated blast of wind slams straight into the wall, a good thirty feet or so above Serenity, near the roof of the house.
[21:33] <Asher> Then there is a -loud- ricochet sound as the air gets torn apart and the shot rebounds straight into one of the trees in the garden, neatly skewering on top of it and causing a dramatic rattle of leaves that fall in a hail to signal the disperson of the attack.
[21:37] <Anastasia> "...yes, the right idea is there," Serenity murmurs once the racket silences. Lightly wincing as her house is struck, "I think with working on your aim slightly you'll be just fine."
[21:39] <Asher> Suppressing a bit of a grimace, Asher reflexively draws the sword back, pointing it straight at the ground in a non-offensive posture. But there's a slightly amused look on his face amidst the obvious embarassment on it. "Sorry about that, your Majesty, but I did make no promises about my ability."
[21:41] <Anastasia> "It is well, Asher." Closing her eyes and thinking, "It is well. For now rest this day - tomorrow will bring new challenges and problems."
[21:45] <Asher> A deferential bow - this thing was actually a lot more comfortable that he'd imagine it would be. ...better than short skirts. The thought passes quickly as Asher complies. "Yes, Queen Serenity."
[21:45] <Anastasia> ----

Halbarad

[11:25] <@Kotono> ---Arc 2 go!---
[11:27] <@Kotono> Many things happened at Tokyo this day. So Takeshi Eiryo can notice after coming home from a short shift at work. The Crown's second floor hasb lown out windows, police tape, reporters and stretchers coming out of it! What happened? A crowd is about, parked police cars keeping the area secure. Flashbulbs and shock, tons of attention.
[11:28] * @Takeshi raises an eyebrow as he sees the commotion - that's the place where he ran into that dark-haired girl. What the heck happened to it? Looks like a bomb went off, practically. Without trying to attract too much attention himself, he starts to make his way through the crowd, hoping to get a better look at what's happened.
[11:31] <@Kotono> You can see all the windows are totalled, people being helped out. Most look okay if shaken, while a few others are needing more help. But no one looks seriously injured. There's a lot of police work going on, down to some suits supervisining it and looking on. The crowd is large - young and old, from the ugly to the beautiful - indeed, one woman is heartstopping. Hair the color of molten honey that is curled into a soft waterfall down her bac
[11:33] <@Kotono>  Hair the color of molten honey that is curled into a soft waterfall down her back. A figure that invites the worst and the best of your mind at once, standing back a bit from the crowd and watching. You notice she's getting bits of attention, but that's probably the norm for such a woman. Even her clothes are spectacular, a peekabo red dress that covers just enough.
[11:36] * @Takeshi can't help but have his attention caught by the woman - and with the police line, he's probably not going to be able to get a much closer look. 'Wonder who she is...?' He studies the woman's face and figure, and while part of him definitely does want to know what's under the dress, a colder, more analytical part wonders just why she's wearing it on an early November afternoon.
[11:38] <@Kotono> She doesn't look the least bit cold, either. She's just..mm. Beautiful is the only word that works. She makes your heart throb and hammer, a little niggling feeling of wanting. Wanting her so -bad- in an aching, tiny part of your spirit. She looks about, eyes slowly sweeping the crowd. She's slowly coming to look your way.
[11:40] * @Takeshi turns his gaze elsewhere as the woman scans, not wanting to be caught staring - it IS rather rude, even if she's apparently not all that bothered by the attention she's getting. He's not the only one staring, after all. Turning his head a bit to look down the street, he does the best he can at keeping an eye on the woman out of the corner of his eye - something about her just seems... odd.
[11:41] <@Kotono> OOC - Mind check.
[11:41] <@Takeshi> roll 2d6
[11:41] <+Reikobot> Takeshi rolled : 2d6 --> [ 2d6=7 ]{7}
[11:42] <@Kotono> So she continues, looking over each person, returning some stares with a heartrending look of interest, but it passes in mere moments, leaving them staring even harder.
[11:45] * @Takeshi lets the woman's gaze pass him as she scans over the crowd, then turns his eyes back to her - this time with a slight frown of concentration. Doing his best to keep his libido in check - stupid hormones - he studies the woman more intently, once again trying to fix her appearance in his mind. With the stares she's getting NOW? Yeah, she's beautiful, but that's a little unusual for someone you just run into on the street.
[11:46] <@Kotono> Her gaze reaches Takeshi and lingers there...
[11:46] <@Kotono> roll 2d6
[11:46] <+Reikobot> Kotono rolled : 2d6 --> [ 2d6=6 ]{6}
[11:47] <@Kotono> With a long smile she looks dead on at him, crooking a finger to invite hinmt o her. Her smile is like sweet, sweet poison, racing into your veins and going straight for your mind.
[11:48] * @Takeshi feels his blood run cold as the woman's gaze turns to him, memories of another woman's seductive gaze in a time long past roaring to the forefront of his mind. "Not again," he grinds out, clenching his teeth. "I won't let it happen again!"
[11:51] <@Kotono> She smiles - oh God she smiles - slowly crooning you forward as she approachse. Something about her dulls your mind, making you feel so...pliant. OOC - Soul check, -2 bonus.
[11:52] <@Takeshi> roll 2d6-2 burning 20 EP for Soul
[11:52] <+Reikobot> Takeshi rolled : 2d6-2 burning 20 EP for Soul --> [ 2d6=8 ]{6}
[11:55] <@Takeshi> "I will not!" he rasps out, wrenching his eyes away from the woman and heading away - not at a run, not yet, but he'll be DAMNED if he sticks around here as another witch tries to invade his mind again. Memories of the bloody past rage through his mind, reminding him - and not in an unwelcome manner, for once - of just what the price of failure can be. Mounting his bicycle once he's clear of the crowd, he takes off,
[11:55] <@Takeshi> no clear destination in mind just yet.
[11:56] <@Kotono> So Takeshi takes off! As he blindly pedals he begins to hear a laugh. A tinkling, tickling laugh! "Little inhuman boy...what are you doing living with human beings?"
[11:57] <@Kotono> Her voice is like sugar and honey from the promised land, sweeter than any wine you could have imagined. It plies at your ears, making jealousy and desire spring to live amid your fear and anger.
[11:57] <@Takeshi> "Leave me alone!" Takeshi snaps. "It's none of your business who I am or what I'm doing!"
[11:59] <@Kotono> Rushing down a side road in a flash, empty with the crowd around the Crown - she appears in the middle as you approach! In h er hand is a golden whip, banded with faint bands of bloody tinged pink. "Two inhumans on Earth, and now a third comes to watch the carnage!  The land with Lightbringer has monsters like us?" As you bike she appears closer, her movement having you approach her! As you do, her whip snaps out!
[11:59] <@Kotono> roll 2d6
[11:59] <+Reikobot> Kotono rolled : 2d6 --> [ 2d6=9 ]{9}
[11:59] <@Kotono> But it cracks to the side of your wheel, missing the bike entirely!
[12:00] * @Takeshi dives off the bike into a roll, the vehicle itself careening crazily for a few moments before collapsing in the street. "Who the hell ARE you?" Takeshi roars back. "And what do you want with me?"
[12:02] <@Kotono> "I am Temptation - nothing more." She walks to you slowly, trot as easy as if she were doing nothing at all special. "Tell me, why is an inhuman living on this planet? Why waste the centuries with them?"
[12:03] * @Takeshi narrows his eyes, dropping into a ready stance as the woman approaches - that whip certainly wasn't being friendly. "I already told you, it's none of your business who I am or what I'm doing. Just leave me the hell alone!"
[12:04] <@Kotono> "Oh, little inhuman boy..." she laughs, whip cracking outa gain!
[12:04] <@Kotono> roll 2d6
[12:04] <+Reikobot> Kotono rolled : 2d6 --> [ 2d6=10 ]{10}
[12:04] <@Kotono> But again it misses, whizzing by the side of Takeshi's leg! "Come home with me. Earth is no place for you to live. The Sages will welcome you to us warmly."
[12:07] <@Takeshi> "I will NOT be controlled again!" Takeshi grates, not even flinching as the whip cracks mere inches from his leg. "Last warning, just leave me alone!" With that, he allows the change to sweep over him again, instinct telling him that this is going to be anything BUT a normal fight.
[12:09] <@Kotono> "Oh...so this is how you are? You cling to human form even like this?" Her laugh is geniunely amused, caroling like sweet, sweet music. "Then I will play with you, inhuman boy." Crooking a finger forward and leaning inward, "Come to me." OOC - Initiative.
[12:09] <@General_Nephrite> roll 1d6+10
[12:09] <+Reikobot> General_Nephrite rolled : 1d6+10 --> [ 1d6=4 ]{14}
[12:10] <@Kotono> roll 1d6
[12:10] <+Reikobot> Kotono rolled : 1d6 --> [ 1d6=2 ]{2}
[12:10] <@Kotono> OOC - Go.
[12:12] <@General_Nephrite> "Like hell I will!" Nephrite shouts, concentrating briefly as he concentrates, willing his fists and feet to become as hard as stone before driving a powerful blow directly at the blonde's beautiful face!
[12:13] <@General_Nephrite> roll 2d6 for stone fists
[12:13] <+Reikobot> General_Nephrite rolled : 2d6 for stone fists --> [ 2d6=5 ]{5}
[12:13] <@General_Nephrite> roll 2d6 for ACV
[12:13] <+Reikobot> General_Nephrite rolled : 2d6 for ACV --> [ 2d6=4 ]{4}
[12:13] <@Kotono> roll 2d6
[12:13] <+Reikobot> Kotono rolled : 2d6 --> [ 2d6=10 ]{10}
[12:14] <@Kotono> The stone fists hit her directly in the stomach, causing her to lightly stagger and blink like a bad movie projection! "Little boy..." she murmurs, hopping back and lashing out her whip again!
[12:14] <@Kotono> roll 2d6
[12:14] <+Reikobot> Kotono rolled : 2d6 --> [ 2d6=9 ]{9}
[12:14] <@Kotono> But again it misses, only the sidewalk hit! OOC: Sec.
[12:17] <@Kotono> OOC - Initiative.
[12:17] <@General_Nephrite> roll 1d6+10
[12:17] <+Reikobot> General_Nephrite rolled : 1d6+10 --> [ 1d6=1 ]{11}
[12:17] <@Kotono> roll 1d6
[12:17] <+Reikobot> Kotono rolled : 1d6 --> [ 1d6=1 ]{1}
[12:17] <@Kotono> OOC: Go.
[12:18] * @General_Nephrite doesn't pause at all in his assault, unleashing a rapid roundhouse kick at Temptation's side!
[12:18] <@General_Nephrite> roll 2d6
[12:18] <+Reikobot> General_Nephrite rolled : 2d6 --> [ 2d6=7 ]{7}
[12:24] <@Kotono> roll 2d6
[12:24] <+Reikobot> Kotono rolled : 2d6 --> [ 2d6=7 ]{7}
[12:25] <@Kotono> SMoothly she brings her whip up, leg and whip tangling in moments! With a pull back the blow is parried, stopping her from taking damage! With a counter it lashes out again, taking the momentum!
[12:25] <@Kotono> roll 2d6
[12:25] <+Reikobot> Kotono rolled : 2d6 --> [ 2d6=3 ]{3}
[12:25] <@Kotono> OOC - DCV
[12:25] <@General_Nephrite> roll 2d6
[12:25] <+Reikobot> General_Nephrite rolled : 2d6 --> [ 2d6=12 ]{12}
[12:26] <@Kotono> OOC - Soul check +2
[12:26] <@General_Nephrite> roll 2d6+2 burning 20 EP
[12:26] <+Reikobot> General_Nephrite rolled : 2d6+2 burning 20 EP --> [ 2d6=7 ]{9}
[12:27] <@Kotono> The whip lashes across his chest, lightly burning as it leaves a welt behind! (14 damage) His head gets muudy, but Nephrite shakes off the effects. OOC - React.
[12:29] * @General_Nephrite grunts at the contact, feeling the whip score across his ribs. "Just leave me the fuck ALONE already!" he shouts.
[12:31] <@Sailor_Jupiter> Out of the Alley comes a sailing blur of white, pink and green, resolving into the statuesque form of Sailor Jupiter as her leap drops her square between the two combatants. "You heard him. I don't know what the beef is, here, but innocent people could get caught in your little dust up. Break it up...or in the name of Jupiter, I'll kick your ass."
[12:33] * @General_Nephrite blanches visibly as he catches sight of the figure that's appeared next to him, but there's not much he can do while he's stuck in the middle of a fight for his life. "...crap," is the muttered, barely audible reply to Jupiter's speech.
[12:37] * @Sailor_Jupiter flicks a slight, barely noticable suspicious glance at the Uniformed man, then looks over to the woman, seriously. He doesn't seem to be moving for the moment, anyway.
[12:37] <@Kotono> "...another one?" Temptation murmurs, looking on at Jupiter with batting eyebrows. "So many inhumans on Earth?" She looks only amused, not showing any sign of going anywhere. OOc - Initiative.
[12:37] <@General_Nephrite> roll 1d6+10
[12:37] <+Reikobot> General_Nephrite rolled : 1d6+10 --> [ 1d6=4 ]{14}
[12:37] <@Kotono> roll 1d6
[12:37] <+Reikobot> Kotono rolled : 1d6 --> [ 1d6=4 ]{4}
[12:37] <@Sailor_Jupiter> roll 1d6+9
[12:37] <+Reikobot> Sailor_Jupiter rolled : 1d6+9 --> [ 1d6=4 ]{13}
[12:38] <@Kotono> Neph>Mako>Tempt. Go.
[12:39] * @General_Nephrite holds back, waiting to see exactly what his new 'ally' has in mind - she sounds like she's here to help, but best to be sure of the situation before he assumes anything.
[12:42] <@Sailor_Jupiter> "Inhumans?" Jupiter blinks. "Huh, definitely had you pegged for the bad guy." She tells the man, then turns back to the woman and raises a hand. Electricity streams and crackles down her arm and into the space beyond, the blue light moving like hyperactive fireflies, tracing a lattice into the air that slowly gainst form and substance, turning into a positively colossal wooden sword. "I'm not going to forgive you for picking this figh
[12:42] <@Sailor_Jupiter> "I'm not going to forgive you for picking this fight, and I will finish it, if you don't stand down."
[12:43] <@Kotono> "Mmmmm. Silly little inhuman girl..." Her voice is like sweetened honey, her body softly glowing pink. "Come to me...little girl." OOC - Soul check +1
[12:44] <@Sailor_Jupiter> roll 2d6 burning 10 EP
[12:44] <+Reikobot> Sailor_Jupiter rolled : 2d6 burning 10 EP --> [ 2d6=4 ]{4}
[12:44] <@Kotono> But Makoto isn't affected! Sailor Jupiter's mind stays clear!
[12:46] <@Sailor_Jupiter> "I don't think so." Makoto replies, tensing. "And I think I've changed my mind. You're going DOWN." She asserts, diving at the woman, and swinging Nemesis in a air-rending slash at her opponent!
[12:46] <@Sailor_Jupiter> roll 2d6
[12:46] <+Reikobot> Sailor_Jupiter rolled : 2d6 --> [ 2d6=8 ]{8}
[12:48] <@Kotono> roll 2d6
[12:48] <+Reikobot> Kotono rolled : 2d6 --> [ 2d6=5 ]{5}
[12:49] * @General_Nephrite breaks to Jupiter's side, snarling as he drives a booted heel at Temptation's side. "She doesn't need to be controlled either!"
[12:49] <@General_Nephrite> roll 2d6
[12:49] <+Reikobot> General_Nephrite rolled : 2d6 --> [ 2d6=7 ]{7}
[12:49] <@Kotono> roll 2d6+1
[12:49] <+Reikobot> Kotono rolled : 2d6+1 --> [ 2d6=3 ]{4}
[12:51] <@Kotono> The first sword slash is sidestepped as she parried with her whip at the same time! Her body twists back to avoid the sword, as a lash of the whip stops Neph's kick cold! Spinning back and falling, bending all the way around  and up nia  way that would shatter a normal human's back, "Hahahahaha! Then let us play, inhumans! Be my playtoys!"
[12:51] <@Kotono> OOC - Initiative.
[12:51] <@Sailor_Jupiter> "Controlled?" Makoto echoes, feeling slightly sick. "I thought I was through with this crap..." She sighs to herself, bracing for more fighting. At least the guy isn't charging her too.
[12:51] <@Kotono> roll 1d6
[12:51] <+Reikobot> Kotono rolled : 1d6 --> [ 1d6=5 ]{5}
[12:51] <@Sailor_Jupiter> roll 1d6+10
[12:51] <+Reikobot> Sailor_Jupiter rolled : 1d6+10 --> [ 1d6=1 ]{11}
[12:51] <@General_Nephrite> roll 1d6+10
[12:51] <+Reikobot> General_Nephrite rolled : 1d6+10 --> [ 1d6=4 ]{14}
[12:51] <@Kotono> Neph>Tempt>Jupiter.
[12:52] <@General_Nephrite> "I won't be anyone's plaything again!" Neph roars, swinging his foot high as he brings it down in a heel kick at his opponent.
[12:52] <@General_Nephrite> roll 2d6
[12:52] <+Reikobot> General_Nephrite rolled : 2d6 --> [ 2d6=8 ]{8}
[12:53] <@Sailor_Jupiter> "Whoa, High strung..." Makoto breathes as she's beaten to the attack.
[12:54] <@Kotono> roll 2d6
[12:54] <+Reikobot> Kotono rolled : 2d6 --> [ 2d6=7 ]{7}
[12:54] <@Kotono> Another graceful parry, her golden hair flying around as she spins away! Her whip cracks out at Makoto, using the momentum of the dodge to strike at Jupiter!
[12:54] <@Kotono> roll 2d6
[12:54] <+Reikobot> Kotono rolled : 2d6 --> [ 2d6=4 ]{4}
[12:54] <@Kotono> OOC - DCVism.
[12:55] <@Sailor_Jupiter> roll 2d6-2
[12:55] <+Reikobot> Sailor_Jupiter rolled : 2d6-2 --> [ 2d6=4 ]{2}
[12:55] <@Kotono> Makoto's own sword flashes up, knocking away the whip! A smooth parry executed to perfection!
[12:58] <@Sailor_Jupiter> "Hah, gimme a break." Conjuring up her favorite trick, Makoto's sight shifts past the visible to the unseen power lines that carry the lifeblood of the city, and all the lampposts nearby, channeling the electricity out of the makeshift 'turrets' and at the blonde woman in a makeshift crossfire!
[12:58] <@Sailor_Jupiter> roll 2d6 for EC
[12:58] <+Reikobot> Sailor_Jupiter rolled : 2d6 for EC --> [ 2d6=11 ]{11}
[12:59] <@Kotono> But the lighting does not come to Jupiter's call! "Oh, you little, little boys and girls..." she laughs, tinkling in your ears! OOC - Initiative again. Oi.
[13:00] <@General_Nephrite> roll 1d6+10
[13:00] <+Reikobot> General_Nephrite rolled : 1d6+10 --> [ 1d6=3 ]{13}
[13:00] <@Kotono> roll 1d6
[13:00] <+Reikobot> Kotono rolled : 1d6 --> [ 1d6=5 ]{5}
[13:01] <@Sailor_Jupiter> roll 1d6+10
[13:01] <+Reikobot> Sailor_Jupiter rolled : 1d6+10 --> [ 1d6=3 ]{13}
[13:01] <@Kotono> Neph=Baddie~=>Makoto. OOc - Go ahead and act first, Neph.
[13:03] * @General_Nephrite takes a deep breath, centering himself a bit before he continues - he's getting too worked up, and he's too likely to make a stupid mistake that way. Taking a much more calm appearance, he lashes out with his foot again, hoping to catch the woman in the gut and drive the wind (and the fight, hopefully) right out of her!
[13:03] <@General_Nephrite> roll 2d6
[13:03] <+Reikobot> General_Nephrite rolled : 2d6 --> [ 2d6=6 ]{6}
[13:03] <@Kotono> "Now taste the Gorgeous Estatcy of my Forbidden Whip! As Nephrite lashes out she whips out, the two in a deadly dance seconds before Makoto can react!
[13:03] <@Kotono> roll 2d6 her ACV
[13:03] <+Reikobot> Kotono rolled : 2d6 her ACV --> [ 2d6=7 ]{7}
[13:03] <@Kotono> OOC - DCV for both of us!
[13:03] <@Kotono> roll 2d6
[13:03] <+Reikobot> Kotono rolled : 2d6 --> [ 2d6=11 ]{11}
[13:06] <@General_Nephrite> roll 2d6 DCV
[13:06] <+Reikobot> General_Nephrite rolled : 2d6 DCV --> [ 2d6=3 ]{3}
[13:07] <@Kotono> The meeting sends her whip to the side, Nephrite's firm kick hitting her gut! She staggers back, face twisting in a moment of very real pain!
[13:08] <@Sailor_Jupiter> "Ooh, Nice!" Jupiter dives in with deadly seriousness despite her glip tone, and takes another swipe, though the air snaps and sizzles around her sword as she does! "Thunderclap SLASH!"
[13:09] <@Sailor_Jupiter> roll 2d6
[13:09] <+Reikobot> Sailor_Jupiter rolled : 2d6 --> [ 2d6=3 ]{3}
[13:09] <@Sailor_Jupiter> roll 2d6
[13:09] <+Reikobot> Sailor_Jupiter rolled : 2d6 --> [ 2d6=9 ]{9}
[13:10] <@Kotono> roll 2d6
[13:10] <+Reikobot> Kotono rolled : 2d6 --> [ 2d6=6 ]{6}
[13:13] <@Kotono> The fury of Jupiter snaps the air back, but Temptation's eyes flash! At the last moment she whips as she stumbles to the side, deflecting Makoto's sword JUST enough to save her bacon! OOC - initiative/ow.
[13:15] <@Kotono> roll 1d6
[13:15] <+Reikobot> Kotono rolled : 1d6 --> [ 1d6=6 ]{6}
[13:15] <@General_Nephrite> roll 1d6+10
[13:15] <+Reikobot> General_Nephrite rolled : 1d6+10 --> [ 1d6=1 ]{11}
[13:15] <@Sailor_Jupiter> roll 1d6+10
[13:15] <+Reikobot> Sailor_Jupiter rolled : 1d6+10 --> [ 1d6=1 ]{11}
[13:15] <@Kotono> Temptation>Nephrite=Jupiter. Oi.
[13:15] <@Sailor_Jupiter> "Pretty good at running away." Makoto sneers at the woman. "And not much else."
[13:16] <@Kotono> "You..." Her eyes narrow, her laugh coming faster! "Come to me! You cannot resist!" OOC - Soul check, even.
[13:16] <@Kotono> OOC - To Makoto.
[13:16] <@Sailor_Jupiter> roll 2d6
[13:16] <+Reikobot> Sailor_Jupiter rolled : 2d6 --> [ 2d6=5 ]{5}
[13:17] <@Kotono> But Makoto stays firmly within her own mind!
[13:17] * @Sailor_Jupiter just laughs at the woman. "Wanna bet?"
[13:20] * @General_Nephrite darts in, attempting to grab the woman's whip-hand in a powerful grip as he tries to wrest her weapon away from her.
[13:20] <@General_Nephrite> roll 2d6
[13:20] <+Reikobot> General_Nephrite rolled : 2d6 --> [ 2d6=7 ]{7}
[13:20] <@Kotono> roll 2d6
[13:20] <+Reikobot> Kotono rolled : 2d6 --> [ 2d6=5 ]{5}
[13:21] <@Kotono> But she's just too fast again, whip hand away as she retains control!
[13:23] <@Sailor_Jupiter> "Get clear!" Jupiter cries to her for-the-moment ally as Crackling, blazing wings of thunder burst from her back in a near blinding flare! "Dodge THIS! JUPITER FLECHETTE RAIN!"
[13:23] <@Sailor_Jupiter> roll 2d6
[13:23] <+Reikobot> Sailor_Jupiter rolled : 2d6 --> [ 2d6=8 ]{8}
[13:24] <@Kotono> roll 2d6+4
[13:24] <+Reikobot> Kotono rolled : 2d6+4 --> [ 2d6=8 ]{12}
[13:26] <@Kotono> The rain of thundering feathers and electric hell is efective! As the street is riddled with the shots so is Temptation! She is caught in the vast field, shocked and twisting as shef alls back! Her body blinks - there was something else there for a moment. Something very unpleasant, but your minds weren't able to quite make it out before she fell to her knees! OOC -React/initiative.
[13:27] <@General_Nephrite> roll 2d6+1
[13:27] <+Reikobot> General_Nephrite rolled : 2d6+1 --> [ 2d6=4 ]{5}
[13:28] * @General_Nephrite hears the warning just in time, diving into a quick roll just as the rain of electricity impacts against the area he was just standing in!
[13:28] * @Sailor_Jupiter doesn't even falter at the glimpse of...other, gearing up to fight on!
[13:28] <@General_Nephrite> roll 1d6+10
[13:28] <+Reikobot> General_Nephrite rolled : 1d6+10 --> [ 1d6=1 ]{11}
[13:28] <@Sailor_Jupiter> roll 1d6+10
[13:28] <+Reikobot> Sailor_Jupiter rolled : 1d6+10 --> [ 1d6=6 ]{16}
[13:28] <@Kotono> roll 1d6
[13:28] <+Reikobot> Kotono rolled : 1d6 --> [ 1d6=4 ]{4}
[13:28] <@Kotono> Jupiter>Temptation>Neph. Go!
[13:31] <@Sailor_Jupiter> The Giant sword begins to glow, snapping and crackling, the smell of ozone filling the air! "Go, Nemesis! DRAGON CLAW!" is the triumphal cry, as she hurls it in on the heels of her previous attack, and like a deadly boomerang, it screams through the air!
[13:31] <@Sailor_Jupiter> roll 2d6
[13:31] <+Reikobot> Sailor_Jupiter rolled : 2d6 --> [ 2d6=6 ]{6}
[13:32] <@Kotono> roll 2d6
[13:32] <+Reikobot> Kotono rolled : 2d6 --> [ 2d6=8 ]{8}
[13:45] <@Kotono> The tossed Dragon's Claw rips into Temptation! This time she flickers longer, hazy and indistinct, before she falls to her knees! "Pitiful...inhuman..." she murmurs, standing up. "This may be interesting indeed!"
[13:45] <@Kotono> In a flash of golden energy she is gone, a faint smell of rose petals lingering in the air.
[13:45] <@Sailor_Jupiter> "What? Hey, foul!" Jupiter protests.
[13:46] * @General_Nephrite straightens up as the woman disappears, the look of intense concentration on his face dissipating as he does so. "At least she's gone," he growls, shaking his head. "If I never see her again it'll be too soon."
[13:48] <@Sailor_Jupiter> "She'll crop up again. They always do." She humphs, putting her hands on her hips. "Bah. Well, meh. Anyway stay out of trouble, and all." Makoto smiles a little at the apparent victim, and heads back for the alley. She'd like to ask about the uniform, but lingering after such a public fight seems unwise.
[13:52] * @General_Nephrite heads over to retrieve his bicycle, sighing as he glances over at his ally. "Thanks for the help," he says shortly. It's a little odd to see, actually; dressed in an immaculately pressed charcoal grey uniform with gold piping and a single red cabochon to button it. Two carved ivory epaulets adorn his shoulders, each with another red cabochon ruby inset into them. He does look notably nervous, glancing over his shoulder several
[13:53] <@General_Nephrite> times at Jupiter as she retreats, but he makes no move to follow her at all, simply cursing slightly at the fact that his bicycle's slipped its chain and starting to walk the vehicle in a direction away from the alley.
[13:53] <@General_Nephrite> glancing over his shoulder several*
[13:53] <@Sailor_Jupiter> The girl pauses at the mouth of the alley, frowning a little. "Hey...Uh-You!" She calls.
[13:53] <@Kotono> As you go, you notice one of the storewindows has a few people peeking out discreetly, or so Nephrite can see.
[13:55] <@General_Nephrite> "Hmm?" Nephrite replies, aware of the looks they're getting as he glances back at the girl framed in the alley's mouth.
[13:56] <@Sailor_Jupiter> "...I've got to know. Your Uniform...You're not with Jadeite, Are you?" She looks extremely angry as she says the name. A storm given the form of a girl. "If you are, we might not be finished here, yet."
[13:58] * @General_Nephrite feels a shiver run down his spine at the tone in Jupiter's voice, and he finds that he needs to swallow before he can answer. But the truth will come out sooner or later, so there's no sense in hiding it - if he's going to die, it might as well be now rather than later. "He was a very close friend of mine, a very long time ago," he says hoarsely. "I have no idea where he is now or what he's doing, though."
[13:58] <@Sailor_Jupiter> "..." Sailor Jupiter falters. "...What's your name?"
[13:59] <@General_Nephrite> "...Nephrite," the general replies, turning his back towards Jupiter.
[14:00] <@Sailor_Jupiter> "...Shit." A moment more of dithering, then another, hurried call as he turns his back. "W-Wait. Luna mentioned you. Do you need a lift?"
[14:02] <@General_Nephrite> "That depends on what you intend to do," Nephrite says, his shoulders slumping a bit. "This isn't the time or the place, though. If you want to discuss this, name a place and I'll be there when you want."
[14:03] <@Sailor_Jupiter> "I can make it a different place." Makoto offers seriously. "I'm going to give you the benifit of the doubt for Jun...Kunzite's sake." Makoto tries. "If you don't make trouble, you've got nothing to worry about from me." She promises.
[14:04] <@Sailor_Jupiter> "C'mon. I can get you out of here without anyone seeing." She adds nervously, listening for the police.
[14:04] * @General_Nephrite freezes at that. 'Jun is Kunzite?' "I can assure you that making trouble is the last thing on my mind," Takeshi replies, turning to face the senshi of thunder. "Fine, then."
[14:05] <@Kotono> No sirens or much of note - it's just quiet here, all the noise back by the Crown.
[14:05] <@Sailor_Jupiter> Which is good, but doesn't quell Makoto's jumpiness. Kunzite and Jadeite were major leaguers... "C'mon into the alley, then, and we'll go somewhere private."
[14:07] <@General_Nephrite> "All right," Takeshi replies, taking a few moments to conceal his bicycle - on the plus side, having a rusted-out hunk of junk means it's far less likely to be stolen than the average. That done, he heads over to meet Jupiter, his face carefully neutral.
[14:08] <@Sailor_Jupiter> Makoto nods and moves closer. "You were friends back in the moon kingdom, right? Not more recently than that?" She asks tensely. "Sorry, but I need to be sure. We've had...'issues' with him."
[14:09] <@General_Nephrite> "All I have are memories of him," Nephrite replies, his face flickering in pain ever so briefly as some of those memories flash in his mind's eye. "Nothing more."
[14:10] <@Sailor_Jupiter> "Fair enough." Jupiter holds out a glove covered in White Dragonscales, picturing a lonely apartment rooftop with an electrical outlet that will be oh-so-needed after this..."Take my hand."
[14:12] * @General_Nephrite does so, closing his eyes. Well, he had been looking for more information... what better place to get it than from one of the Angels themselves? Here's hoping he manages to live through the encounter, though...
[14:12] <@Sailor_Jupiter> And with the contact, Makoto exercises her one of her newere talents, teleporting them to said rooftop...
[14:14] <@Sailor_Jupiter> roll 2d6-3
[14:14] <+Reikobot> Sailor_Jupiter rolled : 2d6-3 --> [ 2d6=7 ]{4}
[14:15] <@Kotono> A moment later Makoto and Nephrite are on the rooftops! An apartmetn complex indeed, silent in the glow of the last embers of daytime, fading into night.
[14:16] <@Sailor_Jupiter> "Ugh." Jupiter lets go of Nephrite and stumbles over to the outdoor outlet tree, and flips the cover off, sticking her fingers into it, and pulling electricity in to replenish herself after the long battle. "Sorry...Took a lot out of me with the fighting before."
[14:16] * @General_Nephrite releases Jupiter's hand, taking a deep breath as he stares up into the darkening sky. Now it's come to the point, but how the heck do you come to the point. "Are you planning to kill me?" he finally says, his voice level. Well, the direct approach always works...
[14:18] * @Sailor_Jupiter eases herself down, and looks up at Nephrite. "I told you, as long as you don't make trouble, You're fine. Jun would be really upset if I did something like that. But I'd like to know what exactly happened to you. Not even Queen Serenity was sure. We thought you died with Zoicite."
[14:21] * @General_Nephrite takes a deep breath. "All I know is what I can remember, and that time is pretty hazy. I remember... the ransack of the palace, and fighting... well, you, or at least some of your counterparts, there - and then lying on the floor in a pool of blood, getting cold. That's all. I'd guess I died, but it's not like I have any frame of reference to compare it to, so it could have been something else."
[14:23] * @Sailor_Jupiter scratches her head. "Huh. Maybe you were reincarnated? Though, I apparently was, but I've never laid eyes on you before today." She smirks and lets her eyes skim Nephrite's form. "Trust me, I'd remember."
[14:26] * @General_Nephrite raises an eyebrow at that, but doesn't comment. "Strange, because I do have the feeling I've met you before. Don't ask me to say when or who you are, but... yeah, I do think I've met you somewhere else before." He shakes his head a bit.
[14:27] <@Sailor_Jupiter> "You really should update your pickup lines." Makoto giggles a little more energy in her bearing now. "Though Everyone goes on and on about reincarnation, and that I used to be the Princess of Jupiter, I don't really remember any of it, so it doesn't feel 'Real'."
[14:29] * @General_Nephrite chuckles at that, finally starting to relax a bit. "Considering what most of the memories I have of that time are like, I'd count myself lucky if I didn't remember any of it," he says, his laughter fading as he speaks. "Considering the only time I would probably have ever met you back then, I think you can understand why."
[14:31] <@Sailor_Jupiter> "Mmm. Serenity-sama doesn't like to talk about it, and Jun won't, past the first time he told the story." She agrees. "Honestly, I don't know what to do about you. I feel like you're important enough to introduce to Serenity-sama, but you're not really in trouble, or anything, so if you just wanna go, that's cool, too."
[14:32] * @General_Nephrite pauses for several moments, deep in thought. "Serenity...?" He gives Jupiter a curious look. "The name rings a bell, but that's about all."
[14:33] <@Sailor_Jupiter> "She was queen of the moon. Is, I guess." Jupiter grins. "And all of us."
[14:34] <@General_Nephrite> Nephrite's eyes widen at that, making the connection with the figure from his dreams - the graceful queen that he'd tried to draw. "...I'd like to meet her, actually, if that's all right."
[14:36] <@Sailor_Jupiter> "Sure thing." Jupiter smiles. "Though, in this case, let me call ahead, and I'll get back to you. She's really sweet about unannounced visitors, but she's trying to adjust to Earth, so I like to make it easy for her."
[14:37] <@General_Nephrite> "Whatever you feel is necessary," Nephrite replies, trying not to show the sudden wave of nervousness that's come over him. On the one hand, he can't imagine her being anything but kind, but on the other, she apparently actually remembers what happened, where Jupiter doesn't. But then again, they all apparently know Kunzite, and don't have any issues with him, but they did know Jadeite and had problems with HIM.... ARGH.
[14:39] <@Sailor_Jupiter> Jupiter nods easily. "Well..." She narrows her eyes at him curiously. "I've satisfied my curiousity. You want to know anything? Or am I assuming too much?" She wonders. *He did say they were all close...*
[14:40] <@General_Nephrite> "You've already answered the main question that's on my mind," Nephrite replies, taking a deep breath as he tries to still his thoughts. "My biggest fear was that you'd want vengeance for what happened at the fall of the Moon Kingdom, and I wouldn't be able to blame you at all for that."
[14:41] <@Sailor_Jupiter> "What?" Makoto blinks and shakes her head. "Nope. Not one of us remembers the fall of the Moon Kingdom, other than the stories."
[14:42] <@Sailor_Jupiter> "Even if we did, that was pretty clearly Metallia, not you all."
[14:42] <@General_Nephrite> "Which answers my only real question, as I said," Nephrite replies. "I have a lot more than that, but nothing urgent for now."
[14:43] <@Sailor_Jupiter> "Good enough." Jupiter stands and stretches. "Mmm! So, Want to go back to your bike? I think I'm replenished enough. Oh...and-uh, How will I get in touch with you?"
[14:45] * @General_Nephrite sighs. "Might as well at this point, if I'm going to see the Queen," Takeshi replies with a snort, letting the guise of Nephrite drop away from him.
[14:46] <@Takeshi> "My name is Takeshi Eiryo, and I just transferred into Juuban High a few months ago. I can give you my address if you need it."
[14:46] <@Sailor_Jupiter> "...Oh, fuck no." Jupiter utters, staring at the boy.
[14:47] * @Takeshi looks back at Jupiter, raising an eyebrow. "Is there a problem?"
[14:48] * @Sailor_Jupiter just stares at Takeshi, a peculiarly empty feeling of shock filling her. "Oh, nothing, just freaking deja vu. I swear, I meet people under the oddest co-incidences." She replies, letting her own transformation drop.
[14:49] * @Takeshi does a double-take at the girl's appearance himself. "Kino-san?!"
[14:50] * @Makoto nods. "This happened when I met Sailor Moon, Mercury and Saturn, too." She grumbles. "It's like this deranged god is playing chess with my life."
[14:51] * @Takeshi shakes his head for a moment, then begins to chuckle. "Well, that explains Janna at least," he finally says. "I had a feeling she knew more than she was letting on."
[14:54] <@Makoto> "She usually does." Makoto smiles ruefully, cocking a hip and resting her hand on it. "Just try and talk to her about sex sometime." She snickers to herself. "Oh, and speaking of her...Be nice to her. She's on Earth as Jun's...um...spy. She'll probably have lots to tell you."
[14:55] <@Takeshi> "I figured that much out on my own, actually," Takeshi says with a slight smile. "Just that I didn't know who Jun was at that point. She was the one that pointed me towards your dojo, though, and now I know why."
[14:58] <@Makoto> "Really..." Makoto blushes. "Well, nevermind." *I bet you don't, either.* "Anyway...Want to meet up at the dojo around eight? Given the thing we fought, I can probably give her a heads up and invitations over tonight. I'll have some reporting to do."
[15:00] <@Takeshi> "Understandable," Takeshi agrees. "I'll meet you at the dojo at eight, then, Kino-san."
[15:01] <@Makoto> "Uhuh." Makoto bobs her head in a nod, and extends an ungloved hand. "Back to the bike?"
[15:01] <@Takeshi> "Only if it's not any trouble," Takeshi says. "I can always get back to it myself - not like anyone's going to take it, anyway."
[15:02] <@Makoto> "It'd probably be a pain, though." Makoto grins. "We're about five miles west of it."
[15:02] <@Makoto> *kilometers.
[15:03] <@Takeshi> "Like I said, if it's not any trouble, it's fine," Takeshi says, taking the brunette's still-profferred hand.
[15:04] <@Makoto> "If it was, I wouldn't have offered." She laughs, and again sends them away, to send Takeshi home...
I am a terrible person.
Excellent Youkai.

Halbarad

[12:30] <@Kotono> ---Arc 2 go!---
[12:32] <@Kotono> Mmmph. Usagi isn't sure what happened - her brain is in a haze. Memories of pain and blood split slowly trickle in, her eyes opening. Mmmm? A flash blade, the Crown in shattered ruins...?!
[12:33] <@Usagi> "Mmm..." the blonde moans quietly as her eyes flutter open, taking in her surroundings...
[12:33] <@Kotono> A delicate white room. The walls are covered in soft clothes and paintings, a dresser and open closet. A window lets in the very dead last of the sunlight and into starlight. It's a large, warm bed - Serenity's.
[12:35] * @Usagi slowly sits up, feeling a slight pang at being alone after what she's just been through... really shows how badly she's neglected her more physical practice, if nothing else. "Couldn't even dodge..." she mutters in resigned annoyance with herself as she swings her legs off the bed, testing how well she's recovered and also checking the time. She still has work, tonight..
[12:37] <@Hotaru-chan> And there comes a light knocking at the door, knuckles gently tapping on the frame. "You awaken?" Hotaru asks softly, eyeing Usagi carefully.
[12:38] <@Kotono> Usagi feels somewhat better. (HP is fully restored, 2 hours for EP recovery.)
[12:39] <@Usagi> "Yeah..." Usagi answers softly as she stands up, stretching a little. "Kotono-chan tell you what happened?"
[12:41] <@Sailor_Saturn> "I showed up after you passed out, before they left," Hotaru nods, setting her glaive aside inside the room, dressed in full battle 'regalia'. "Your body was taking care of the poison last I checked...the blood though..." she just shakes her head. "Swear you're turning into me."
[12:41] <@Sailor_Moon> "Huh, what do you mean?" Usagi asks, confused. Though seeing Saturn's attire reminds her of her own, and she takes a second to detransform.
[12:43] <@Sailor_Saturn> "Nothing," Hotaru laughs, uncharacteristically embracing Usagi out of nowhere. "I'm the only one allowed to bleed buckets!" she emphasizes. smiling.
[12:45] * @Usagi gingerly returns the hug. "I guess I'm more used to getting blasted with magic that doesn't cause much bleeding... that poison, though..." she shivers slightly in the younger (though she doesn't really look it) girl's embrace. "I've never felt anything like that."
[12:47] <@Sailor_Saturn> "Yu seemed to kill it off, there was hardly a target once I got around to probing you with white energy," Hotaru provides softly, giving Usagi a light squeeze. "Serenity'll be along in a bit, she took the new guy out for some instruction," she adds, sighing softly and letting Saturn disappear. "You scared me, idiot," she gripes, though not sharply.
[12:49] <@Usagi> "It sure wasn't by choice," Usagi sighs in return. "But now that we're having to fight again... I wish I'd practiced more. Even if my magic's still just as powerful, I just wasn't able to dodge them..." she looks down at that, drifting over to open the door so they can go downstairs. And what a way for her first meeting with Asher to go...
[12:50] <@Kotono> Knock-knock on the door, Janna's voice loud enough to carry. "You up? Mako's downstairs and something's up."  Or so she would, hand stopping as the door opens. "Oh. Good timng."
[12:51] * @Usagi gives Janna a weak smile and a shrug. "Let's see what else is going on, then?" she hazards, making to follow Janna downstairs.
[12:52] <@Hotaru-chan> Hotaru releases Usagi, flashing a smile at Janna. "Yeah, we'll be down," she nods, biting her lip. "Mmm...live fire drills might be an idea...if rather harsh."
[12:52] <@Kotono> On going downstairs, you find Serenity and Makoto waiting in the living room, resting and ready. OOC - If youw ould, Mako-chan?
[12:55] <@Makoto> Makoto is pacing the room, looking flustered and vaguely irritated. She's not dressed for anything special, though the pink capsleeved top and jeans certainly look cute enough, even on her mature figure. "-Argh, this has been a weird, weird day, and I don't know what to think." She tells Serenity plaintively as the others come in.
[12:56] <@Usagi> "Join the club?" Usagi offers as she enters. "Did you fight a bunch of creepy skull head things and a guy with a poisonous katana as well?"
[12:58] <@Makoto> "No, it was a mind-controlling bitch, and she was beating up on Nephrite when I stepped in." Makoto replied, bluntly. "I didn't know who he was until I asked about the uniform, but...Argh!"
[12:58] * @Usagi blinks, her mind working a moment as she places the name. "Wait... Nephrite like as in Jadeite, Kunzite, Zoicite, and Nephrite?" she asks, eyes widening.
[12:59] <@Hotaru-chan> "...We never did find out what happened to him," Hotaru's mind clicks sharply, eyes widening in tandemn and turning on Makoto.
[12:59] <@Kotono> "....this is news," Serenity murmrus quietly, looking on as she struggles with that. "Is he...wait, they were attacking him?"
[13:00] <@Makoto> "Yep." Makoto resumes paceing. "He kept asking if I was going to kill him. He was a little jumpy about the fall of the moon kingdom thing. He wants to meet you, Serenity-sama...that's the other part of why I'm here."
[13:01] <@Kotono> "...Asher and then Nephrite, both seeking us?" Serenity frowns as she bows her head, eyes shutting to admit the images of her own mind. "Two incidents on the same day?"
[13:02] <@Makoto> "Asher?" Makoto blinks and looks up.
[13:02] <@Usagi> "And new enemies at the same time? Talk about an overload," Usagi laments. "And I have to get to work in like half an hour as well... I'm so calling in, today!"
[13:02] <@Kotono> "Yes. I'll want you to come with me," Serenity says solemnly. "All of you. I know not what is happening, but it is massive."
[13:02] <@Kotono> "A boy with a relic from the Moon. It's...a very long story for another day for now."
[13:03] <@Usagi> "Can I use your phone, Serenity?" Usagi asks, wanting to get her obligations dealt with firstly. "I take it you already called home while I was out?"
[13:03] <@Makoto> "Oi..." Makoto grimaces. "I told Nephrite I'd pick him up at eight, but I didn't count on this. Do you want me to stall him a bit?"
[13:03] <@Hotaru-chan> "It's the holiday season and everyone's busy to deliver the planet to their higher ups for Christmas?" Hotaru suggests softly, shaking her head and dropping down onto the couch.
[13:04] <@Kotono> "Go ahead," Serenity nods, "I've talked to your mother."
[13:04] <@Kotono> "We'll make it," Serenity assures Makoto quietly. "If he indeed seeks forgiveness and redemption for the past, I won't delay him in the least."
[13:04] * @Usagi nods and goes to inform her employer that she's feeling ill and won't be able to make it tonight before she returns to the others. "So... what, now?"
[13:05] <@Makoto> "All right." Makoto nods. "Should I bring him here? Or somewhere else?"
[13:07] <@Kotono> "Here is fine," Serenity decides after a moment, "Go when it is time, Makoto. As for now, I needt o hear everything you know about these new attackers."
[13:09] <@Usagi> "Okay..." Usagi takes a deep breath, seeing Kotono isn't around, "I'll go first? We were at the Crown when there was this loud noise - like an Earthquake, and all the windows and lights blew out!" she begins her story.
[13:11] <@Kotono> Serenity sits and listens, eyes on Usagi as she begins to recount her story.
[13:12] <@Usagi> "We all ducked under the table, but then I heard this guy saying 'Get them'. I looked out to see what was going on, and that's when I saw this creepy guy with white hair and really pale skin, and these three freaky weird green things with skull-heads."
[13:12] <@Usagi> "I told Kotono-chan to get Asher someplace safe and call for help while I distracted them, and the creepy guy was all like 'you're not a human' and even said I was lying when I told him I was!" the blonde looks rather put out at this point, pouting something fierce.
[13:15] * @Makoto nods solemnly in agreement with that point.
[13:15] <@Kotono> Serenity's eyes go flinty at those words, "He said you were inhuman?"
[13:15] <@Makoto> "Us too." Makoto volunteers.
[13:15] <@Usagi> "Yes," Usagi affirms, pausing at Serenity's reaction and waiting to see what she makes of that.
[13:16] * @Hotaru-chan raises an eyebrow, giving Makoto's hand a light tug towards the couch. "Our auras don't look typical for humans, but still..." she murmurs, frowning.
[13:16] * @Makoto follows Hotaru to sit on the couch agreeably, still fidgety.
[13:17] <@Kotono> "How did the battle go," SErenity presses on, "This is...disquieting. A foe that can tell that much merely by looking is formidable."
[13:18] <@Usagi> "But... I am human, though... right?" Usagi asks, rather thrown by Serenity's refusal to disagree with the assessment.
[13:19] <@Kotono> "Of course you are ...but he detected that you also had magic or some means of discerning such. I disagree with the asessement, but I suspect his means of telling so are accurate within that."
[13:19] <@Kotono> Steepling her hands together, "In other words, he ready our aura or spirit."
[13:19] <@Kotono> *read
[13:19] <@Kotono> *Your
[13:20] <@Usagi> "Okay..." the blonde seems mollified by those words, taking a second to gather her thoughts before going ahead. "He told the green things to keep looking, and said he'd give me a death worthy of a human. Then he took out this katana and cut into my side," the blonde gestures at her right flank, "It *really* hurt. Like as soon as it hit me it was like my whole body went on fire!"
[13:22] <@Kotono> "Some sorto f magical effect or even poison?" Serenity ventures out as she thinks, but merely nods, waving her hand for Usagi to go on.
[13:23] <@Hotaru-chan> "There was poison in her system," Hotaru provides, nodding. "Her energy was killing it off faster than I might've improvised, so I focused on the healing itself."
[13:24] <@Usagi> "He called his sword Pandemic and said that no one struck by it ever lives," Usagi elaborates, frowning worriedly. "It wouldn't surprise me if I was the first... I managed to hit them all with my Twilight Flash, and Kotono came to help, but it was almost like my insides were burning or rotting away every second. One of the green things hit me as well, but it wasn't much compared to what the sword did."
[13:25] <@Kotono> "Pandemic...and poison. Finish your tale, Moon," Serenity crosses her arms, "Then speak, Jupiter."
[13:25] * @Makoto nods quietly.
[13:27] <@Usagi> "After Kotono hit him with her Hyper Compression he seemed really surprised - he mentioned Space magic, and earlier he'd said something about how no human should be able to wield Purity in this age after I hit him with my Twilight Flash. Then he teleported away - I was able to focus on purifying myself after that, but even then it was really hard and I almost fainted before I managed it."
[13:28] <@Kotono> "I see." Long moments as Serenity ponders, and then, "Makoto?"
[13:29] * @Makoto smiles at Hotaru, and stands up a little, pacing the room again, with an unhappy expressing. "Um, Lessee."
[13:29] <@Makoto> "There's not really as much to tell, on my side." Makoto frowns. "I was walking home when I came on Nephrite and this Blonde woman fighting in the street. I couldn't really guess who was good or bad, or what, but I figured letting them fight it out where someone could get hit by one of them was a bad idea." She makes fists with both hands.
[13:29] * @Usagi goes to sit down next to Serenity as Makoto takes over the storytelling, listening attentively to her friend.
[13:29] <@Makoto> "I dove in between them and told them to break it up or I'd kick both their asses. I figured whoever turned on me had to be the bad guy." Makoto reasons. "He kind of muttered 'crap'...but he didn't do anything. But neither did she...or I thought she didn't. He got really tense about being controlled, and I guess she was trying to do the same thing to me. From there on, it turned into a fight. She was using this crazy whip, and dancing around
[13:30] <@Makoto> She was using this crazy whip, and dancing around like a ping pong ball in a clothes dryer."
[13:31] * @Makoto pauses suddenly. "Come to think of it...that's what I first noticed...it drew me to the fight. There was the laughing...it was almost beautiful. Like...birds, or bells." Makoto clasps her hands and goes back to the story.
[13:32] <@Usagi> "Did she say anything about what she was doing there?" Usagi asks, deciding to focus on that before the mystery of Nephrite comes up.
[13:33] <@Makoto> "Just that she wanted to play with the 'Little Inhuman boy and girl." Makoto replies to Usagi, wrinkling her noes in irritation.
[13:33] <@Makoto> "Basically, we swung and dodged a lot, until he got a hit in. Then I'd had enough, so I got her with Flechette Rain, then Dragon Claw...and then She got all pissy and vanished. But it was weird...every time I hit her, she sorta...flickered, like a...mirage? Yeah, that's it. but I couldn't see what was underneath. It was creepy, though."
[13:33] <@Usagi> "Must be connected to the guy at the Crown," Usagi nods. "Even without the concidence of timing, talking about inhumans as well?"
[13:34] <@Makoto> "Yeah." Makoto nods. "I really thought we were done with this crap." She grumps.
[13:35] <@Usagi> "Well, I'm sure wishing I'd practiced a bit harder the past two years, let me tell you," Usagi nods wearily, resting a hand on her now healed side.
[13:35] <@Kotono> "It means that we're at battle again." This time Serenity rises, face dedicated. "Then we'll stop whatever is coming and help those they attack. We can do nothing less."
[13:36] <@Usagi> "It is what we do," Usagi manages a smile at that affirmation.
[13:37] <@Makoto> "Of course." Makoto nods. "That much goes without saying. I just wish this were all done with. I could live with only using my powers for house fires and robberies for the future."
[13:37] <@Kotono> "A goal to fight towards, then," Serenity adds with her own smile, going to sit and rest now. OOC - Want to skip ahead a bit?
[13:37] * @Hotaru-chan snickers softly. "It put s alittle fire under the feet, I guess..." she nods, taking a deep breath.
[13:40] <@Kotono> So Makoto waits at the dojo. It's quieter here now - doors open in the nightfall, as she waits for Nephrite.
[13:42] * @General_Nephrite carefully surveys the grounds of the dojo from the air just before touching down in front of the entrance - he'd inadvertently transformed at home thanks to being so agitated about this meeting, and with the early dusk it was as good a way as any to get here.
[13:43] <@Makoto> Just inside the doors, Makoto waits, using a broomstick to go through basic kendo forms, swiping at the air with an irritated violence.
[13:44] * @General_Nephrite steps forward into the light from the interior, raising an eyebrow at the brunette's energetic practice. "Kino-san?" he says uncertainly. "Am I late?"
[13:46] <@Makoto> "Nope, just working off frustration." Makoto replies, raising an eyebrow at the Transformed boy. "Some of my friends got attacked by more from your playmate's team earlier, and one of them almost died."
[13:47] <@General_Nephrite> "I'm sorry to hear that," Neph replies with a frown. "All I can do is hope we don't see any more of them, but I don't really believe that'll happen."
[13:49] * @Makoto gives Nephrite an amused look, tinged with aimless irritation. "If you did, I would have called you stupid." She agrees, setting the broom down and heading to the doors to lock up. "Mentioning your name really caused a stir, you know."
[13:50] * @General_Nephrite sighs, not meeting Makoto's gaze. "I can imagine so, if people thought I was actually dead." Shaking his head a bit, he goes on. "Is the Queen here?"
[13:52] <@Makoto> "No, I'll be taking you to her." Makoto offers, waiting for Nephrite to exit before securing the building for the night. "Oh, stop looking so glum. She was glad to give you the 'chance to make amends.' Cheer up, all right?" Makoto prods with a slightly tense smile.
[13:54] <@General_Nephrite> "Easier said than done," Nephrite replies, blowing out a nervous breath. "I'll work on it."
[13:59] <@Makoto> "Good. It's all well and good to be aware of your mistakes, but obsessing on them makes you a serious downer to be around. Again, Experience talking, here." Makoto replies, taking a deep breath as wings form on her back, though with less violence than her attack, blooming and growing like a flower made of blazing feathers. "I hope you don't mind flying. Popping around takes it out of me..."
[14:00] * @General_Nephrite smiles slightly at that. "Not at all, it's how I got here myself. Nice way to travel, but not one I can afford to use very often."
[14:00] <@Makoto> Makoto smiles a faint smile at him. "I don't have to carry you? Even better. Let's go." She adds, taking to the air with a leap!
[14:01] * @General_Nephrite follows along, merely pushing off the ground as he follows the winged Makoto. "After you."
[14:02] <@Kotono> OOC - Skip ahead?
[14:02] <@General_Nephrite> OOC - Certainly.
[14:02] <@Kotono> The house is the one Nephrite saw earlier - cloaked with trees and serene. A peaceful place that Makoto leads him inside, where the Queen of the Moon is said to await him.
[14:03] * @Makoto alights on the ground and lets her wings disperse, turning to Nephrite. "Oh, and in case you're wondering, Takeshi is yours to tell her about, or not. I didn't." She offers, before turning to lead him inside.
[14:04] <@General_Nephrite> Nephrite's eyes widen as he catches sight of the house, but doesn't make any other comment as he enters. "Thanks for the detail," he replies quietly, the butterflies starting up yet again as he follows Makoto inside.
[14:06] * @Makoto doesn't offer anything else as she heads to the door, opening it to call inside. "I'm back with our guest, Serenity-sama!" She flashes a grin a Nephrite before heading inside first. "Good luck."
[14:07] * @General_Nephrite heads into the room after Makoto, not sure exactly what to expect.
[14:07] <@Makoto> Once inside, Makoto makes a beeline for the sitting room, having removed her shoes, bringing the boy to the assembled throng.
[14:09] <@Kotono> So Serenity awaits. The Queen of the Moon sits eleganty, her body framed by her silken white gown. Her hands rest in her lap, awaiting the long lost General with nary a word against him. "Nephrite, it has been lifetimes." Standing up, she draws up to her full height, looking the young man over.
[14:09] <@Usagi> Usagi Tsukino is seen as Nephrite enters, still attired in her school uniform which he may well remember from seeing her in class earlier today! Not that she's aware, the blonde only giving a friendly smile to the newcomer as she stands up at his arrival, letting Serenity do the talking for now.
[14:10] <@Sailor_Saturn> Saturn stands off to the side, perhaps out of place being in uniform, perhaps not. White and violet and black cloak her, black gloved hands cradling her glaive in not quite ready state. She watches Takeshi, nothing really readable in her expression or violet eyes.
[14:12] * @Makoto pipes up. "He's a little fuzzy, memory wise. So...Nephrite, Meet Queen Serenity." She adds, then stepping back.
[14:12] * @General_Nephrite feels his mouth go dry as he looks on at Serenity, seeing the living form of the figure that has brought the only peace to his dreams in more than five years. His mouth works for a moment before he finds his voice, abruptly dropping to one knee with his fist placed against his left shoulder. "Queen Serenity, I..." He takes a deep breath. "I am Nephrite, formerly a general of Earth. I'm here to ask for your forgiveness."
[14:14] <@Kotono> Her aura becomse visible. Rays of silver tinged with gold, glowing around the Queen as she steps forward to Nephrite. "Rise and look at me, Nephrite." Her voice clear now, the voice of a Queen once again alive.
[14:16] * @General_Nephrite does so without hesitation, looking directly at the Queen as ordered. The nervousness is still visible on his face, but he holds his gaze steady with an effort. "Yes, your Majesty."
[14:19] <@Kotono> Her eyes pierce his, looking deeply into him. "If what you seek is forgiveness, then it is freely given. The past has been resolved and settled. Metallia is dead, as are those that followed her to the last."
[14:19] * @Usagi looks vaguely uncomfortable with all this formality. At least Jun just let the issue rest... Oh, well, hopefully Nephrite will be able to do the same after this, himself...
[14:21] * @General_Nephrite closes his eyes, bowing his head at the queen's words. "I... thank you, your Majesty." The relief practically rolls off him in waves. "I know there's nothing I could do to make amends for the past, but if there's anything I can do to be of service to you, you have only to name it."
[14:25] <@Kotono> "First of all...Serenity. My name is Serenity. The Moon Kingdom is as long gone as the war that ruined it." Reaching out to gently touch his forehead once, Serenity shimmers. A simple housedress is worn now, the guise of the Queen gone. "Then...what do you know? How have these long lifetimes left you?"
[14:27] * @General_Nephrite takes a deep breath, trying to relax. "I'm... sorry, I just don't... know what to do," Nephrite says haltingly. "Serenity, then. What do you mean by long lifetimes?"
[14:28] <@Usagi> "She means the time since the end of the Moon Kingdom till now," Usagi chimes in ever so helpfully.
[14:29] <@Kotono> "Yes. Do you know what happened to Jadeite and Kunzite as well?" Serenity looks a little surprised now, "Were you ever on Gaia?"
[14:29] * @Makoto shakes her head a little, but stays in the background, unseen. This is his story to tell...
[14:30] <@General_Nephrite> "No, I don't know what happened to any of the others, other than the little that Kino-san told me earlier today. I only have memories of any of them - I only realized that I was Nephrite about five years ago myself." He shakes his head at that.
[14:32] <@Sailor_Saturn> "That's certainly a change," Saturn murmurs quietly, giving a soft snort.
[14:33] <@Kotono> "Then tell me - how did you come to Tokyo," Serenity presses. "Were you unawware this entire time?"
[14:34] <@General_Nephrite> "I've lived in Tokyo my entire life," Nephrite says, somewhat lost. "I've moved around a lot, but I've never been outside the city."
[14:35] <@Kotono> "Your...were you reborn as a normal human?" Serenity at first frowns, but begins to smile as she speaks. "You've lived a normal life on this world?"
[14:37] * @Makoto smirks a little, and flashes a smile at Saturn.
[14:37] <@General_Nephrite> "Fairly normal, I guess, other than the dreams," Takeshi replies, finishing with a frown. "I guess I should introduce myself - just give me a minute, it can be hard to change when I'm too worked up." And it does take about a minute, the young man closing his eyes and breathing deeply over the course of that minute before the guise of Nephrite finally leaves him.
[14:38] * @Usagi gasps quietly. "No way! Eiryo?!" she blurts out in surprise.
[14:38] <@Sailor_Saturn> Hotaru dmismisses Saturn as Nephrite disappears, a potential threat gone.
[14:38] <@Kotono> "A...very lucky soul indee-hm? Do you know him, Usagi," Serenity glances at the blonde rabbit.
[14:38] <@Takeshi> "My name is Takeshi Eiryo..." He pauses, caught off guard by the outburst. "Tsukino-san?!"
[14:38] <@Usagi> "We're in the same class!" the blonde's head bobs up and down quickly.
[14:39] * @Makoto stares.
[14:39] * @Hotaru-chan raises an eyebrow.
[14:40] * @Takeshi simply shakes his head. "This is just too weird," he mutters to himself. "But yes, I'm a student at Juuban High - in Tsukino-san's class, I just got transferred - and I'm living with a foster family over on the west side of Juuban."
[14:40] <@Makoto> "God, the level of coincidence is getting ridiculous." Makoto mutters. "You all met him, too? Janna sent him to the dojo..."
[14:40] * @Takeshi smirks a bit at the mention of Janna. "I got a lot of information from Janna, actually," he says with a slight chuckle.
[14:40] <@Hotaru-chan> "I met him at a grocery store," Hotaru provides, snorting.
[14:41] <@Kotono> "This is absurd!" Serenity blurts out in a rare display of dismay, before gently coughing. "Not this, but we just had that with another young man. As if fate is pushing something together, the list of coincidences are becoming massive.
[14:43] <@Usagi> "It's been that way right from the day I met Luna and Artemis, it seems like..." Usagi just sighs and shakes her head. "I don't suppose Asher Shinsei is in your class is he, Mako-chan?"
[14:43] * @Makoto blinks at that. "Asher Shinsei?" She repeats, searching her memory.
[14:43] <@Hotaru-chan> "Every single member of the Supernatural club being a senshi one way or another was rather like that, yes," Hotaru shakes her head.
[14:44] * @Takeshi frowns at the mention of coincidence. "I don't like coincidences, they're usually a sign of something else going on where you can't see it. Not always easy to figure out what it is, though."
[14:45] <@Makoto> "Um...I think so, actually." Makoto blinks. "He's the Artifact guy you mentioned?" Makoto rubs her head.
[14:47] * @Takeshi waits for the moment, as the conversation seems to have turned to other topics for the time being.
[14:48] <@Kotono> "He is," Serenity adds as she ponders. "There is little I can say now but to be careful. I...wish to sleep on this, I think, and ponder." Rising up fully, Serenity nods, "Takeshi...Nephrite. I only ask that you aid us as you can. I bear you no malice for the past. But for now...you must hear of Jadeite and Kunzite."
[14:49] <@Makoto> "And if they were really your friends, it's not going to be fun to hear." Makoto adds.
[14:49] <@Hotaru-chan> "The stone bitch and the cranky old man," Hotaru provides descriptions!
[14:49] * @Makoto snickers a little.
[14:49] <@Takeshi> "I would like to know what happened to the others, yes," Takeshi says, a cloud passing over his face. "Kino-san implied that things were anything but pleasant with Jadeite, and from what I remember of him, I just can't imagine what it could have been."
[14:50] <@Usagi> "Long story... like ten thousand years long," Usagi mutters tiredly at the thought of dredging all that up again.
[14:50] <@Makoto> "I didn't want to overdo the information overload." Makoto adds, slightly guiltily. "Plus, Usagi-chan and Serenity-sama tell a mean story."
[14:58] <@Usagi> "Okay," Usagi takes a deep breath as she's volunteered, "You might as well sit down, because even if it won't be a thousand years, this'll still take a while to get through," she offers, going to sit down herself.
[15:00] <@Takeshi> "Fair enough," Takeshi replies, turning a look of interest to the blonde as he finds the nearest unoccupied seat.
[15:03] <@Usagi> "Right - you probably no more than I do what happened to the Moon, so I'll skip all of that," the blonde commences. "Basically at the end Serenity used the Silver Crystal to kill Metallia. Which it sort of did, but things get kinda screwy about then - all powerful magic artifacts and all powerful evil goddesses clashing probably does that."
[15:05] <@Usagi> "Metallia's... well, her corpse, formed the parallel world of Gaia. Imagine another Earth layered on top of this one - it's not out there in space, it's right here," Usagi spreads her arms, "Only forever seperated. A lot of people from that time wound up on Gaia - including Jadeite, Kunzite, and Zoicite."
[15:08] <@Usagi> "All three of them were freed of Metallia's control at that moment, but even as she was dying, Metallia used the last of her will to try and live on in one of them - she went for Kunzite first, but Zoicite dove in the way." Her expression twists as she recalls that visceral sight from Jun's story, "He was killed and Metallia's will was deflected, instead going into Jadeite."
[15:08] * @Takeshi winces at that. "Damn... it was bad enough to go through it once. Twice would just be.... ugh."
[15:11] <@Usagi> "This is the funny part, actually," Usagi notes with a sad smile. "Not funny haha, but... well, y'know," she shrugs apologetically. "Jadeite had tremendous willpower - enough so that he could even overcome the will of a goddess. So, for thousands of years, he lived with Metallia's soul inside him, still striving to reject everything she stood for."
[15:11] * @Usagi sighs as she goes on, "But Gaia... it was a world made of her. A little bit of her lived in everything, driving that world towards war and chaos - and every person that died made her remnant just a little bit stronger."
[15:14] * @Takeshi smiles very faintly at the mention of Jadeite's willpower, but it fades quickly. "That was what she wanted most," he says darkly.
[15:16] <@Usagi> "Eventually, she was even able to exist in her own right. Not as the all consuming terror she once was, but she took on the form of a beautiful woman..." the blonde snorts softly there, "Even now I don't fully understand the next part. The woman Metallia became was Jadeite's fiancee, and on the eve of him uniting the warring factions of Gaia, she struck."
[15:16] <@Usagi> "She tried to kill him, and then when he still lived, she tried to dominate him. She seemed completely surprised when he reversed it, binding her Will even more tightly to his own. But something still snapped in him, then - I suppose he became driven to madness in his obsession to destroy Metallia once and for all."
[15:18] * @Takeshi closes his eyes as Usagi goes on, his face unreadable.
[15:19] <@Usagi> "It twisted everything he once stood for - instead of rejecting all that Metallia was, he embraced it in his merciless desire to wipe her out. Even knowing that doing so would destroy Gaia and everyone on it. He brought world peace through his 'Agency', simply because it was convenient to starve Metallia, not out of any desire to make a better world."
[15:21] <@Usagi> "It was when he started awakening the vestiges of Metallia in others to create his youma servants - Janna used to be one - and sending them to Earth to gather energy that we found became involved." Pausing a moment for a digression, "Apparently only energy from Earth could be used against Metallia, since everything on Gaia was effectively part of her."
[15:21] <@Usagi> Shrugging, "Anyway, I won't bore you with the details of what came after. The end result is we fought, he died after killing Metallia once and for all, and Gaia was destroyed and remade with the Silver Crystal."
[15:23] <@Takeshi> "Sounds like there was nothing left of him by the end then," Takeshi says, his voice rather distant. "That's...." He takes a deep breath. "Hard to hear that kind of thing about your best friend, but I guess I can see it happening. Still, just... damn."
[15:24] <@Kotono> "It was what happened. If any of Dei or your best friend was left, it was the only mercy we could give him," Serenity says quietly, distant as well.
[15:25] <@Usagi> "I'm sorry," Usagi says sincerely, reaching over to put a hand on Takeshi's shoulder. "For what he became and what we had to do..."
[15:27] * @Takeshi gives the blonde a weak smile. "Not your fault," he replies. "I'd have done the same thing in your place, probably, but... that's just harsh." He sighs a bit. "Makes me wish I could have been there for him - maybe I could have helped keep it from going that far, I don't know. Not much sense in worrying about 'what if's' now, though."
[15:29] <@Usagi> "No..." Usagi agrees sadly. "Jun said that by the time he knew what happened, Jadeite was too far gone and too powerful for him to reason with or oppose. All he could do was hide the Silver Crystal fragment and wait..."
[15:31] * @Takeshi shakes his head. "And Kunzite - Jun - is still around? I heard Janna talking about him."
[15:31] <@Usagi> "He's running Gaia, for now..." Usagi replies quietly, looking away and appearing vaguely non-plussed.
[15:32] <@Takeshi> "Explains that, then," he says with a slight snort. "Something wrong with that?" he adds, noticing Usagi's look.
[15:33] <@Usagi> "Nevermind," the blonde shakes her head, putting a smile on and not being drawn on the matter.
[15:33] <@Kotono> "Janna was talking about him publically?" SErenity asks in a bit of surprise.
[15:36] <@Takeshi> "Not exactly," Takeshi replies with a wry grin. "I ran into her at the library while I was looking into your warriors, and she happened to get a look at what I was doing. She seemed a bit too interested in it herself, so after I got back from Kino-san's dojo I did a little spying of my own and found out a few things about her. Including that she was working for Jun, although I had no idea who that was at the time."
[15:46] <@Kotono> "Aaaaah." Serenity doesn't press the point for now, instead rising. "I need to rest now - get to know the Sailor Senshi, for I fear you will as well through the course of coming battle."
[15:49] <@Takeshi> "Rest well - and thank you again, Serenity-sama," Takeshi stands, giving the woman a low bow. "I'd prefer not to HAVE to get to know everyone through battle, but better to fight next to allies than alone, for sure."
[15:50] <@Usagi> "Well, we're already classmates, so there's a start right there!" Usagi notes optimistically.
[15:52] * @Takeshi chuckles. "And the friendliest one I've run into yet, so there's a plus as well," Takeshi counters. "Which of the senshi are you, then? I haven't had a lot of time to gather information on your group yet."
[15:54] <@Usagi> "I'm Sailor Moon," the blonde provides with a smile. "You won't remember me from the Moon Kingdom since I wasn't there, though."
[15:56] <@Takeshi> "To be honest, I don't remember any of the senshi specifically from the Moon Kingdom. I can remember fighting with one or two of them, but a lot of my memories there have gone through a blender. And the stuff I do remember really isn't worth talking about." Takeshi shakes his head a bit.
[15:59] <@Usagi> "Oh, well, just in case you were curious," Usagi shrugs. "Hmm... Mako-chan mentioned you were fighting some creepy woman, earlier?" she asks.
[16:01] <@Takeshi> "Yeah," Takeshi's face becomes quite a bit more solemn at that. "I'd meant to tell Serenity-sama about her, but I suppose I can do that another time. Called herself Temptation - first spotted her in the crowd outside an ice cream parlor. Almost looked like a bomb had gone off there or something - I was trying to get a closer look to see what was going on when I spotted her in the crowd."
[16:04] <@Usagi> "Hmm... was it at the Crown?" Usagi asks. Unless any other ice cream parlours got blown up, today...
[16:05] <@Takeshi> "Might have been - I didn't get the name, since the glass was blown out of all the windows, and I'd only been there once before." He frowns a bit at that. "On a side note, is one of you a girl with long black hair, goes to... uh... can't remember the name. Gray school uniform, really short skirts."
[16:07] <@Usagi> "Sounds like Rei-chan," the blonde murmurs. "Violet eyes, a little bit taller than me?" she confirms.
[16:08] <@Takeshi> "Taller than you, yeah," Takeshi says, shaking his head. "Stirred up my memories pretty bad, so I didn't stick around to talk to her long. But it was the same place I met her."
[16:08] <@Usagi> "Mmm... anyway, the Crown was where we fought another of those weird guys earlier, and the windows were blown out," she explains. "So it sounds like they had someone around to watch the aftermath..."
[16:10] * @Takeshi frowns a bit at that. "Could be," he muses. "She was controlling people in the crowd - didn't realize it at first, but then she tried to do the same thing to me." His eyes narrow a bit. "Reminded me a bit of that damn witch Beryl, too. Once I realized what she was trying to do to me, I took off. She caught up and tried to attack me, and while we were fighting Kino-san stepped in."
[16:13] <@Usagi> "Hmm... some of Jadeite's servants could control people like that as well. With mind control and that guy's diseased sword, this new enemy could be strong," Usagi notes worriedly. "At least those green things weren't much, even if I was still to slow to dodge them."
[16:15] <@Asher> -1 pass
[16:15] <@Kotono> OOC - Strike.
[16:16] <@Takeshi> "Mmm," Takeshi murmurs, deep in thought. "Wasn't directly clear what her goal was in controlling people, although I'd guess it wasn't that urgent from the way she came after me once she spotted me. Lot of odd things about that fight, actually - she seemed surprised when I changed and my form was still human, thought it was funny for some reason."
[16:17] <@Usagi> "Yeah, they seem to be all about the 'inhuman-ness'," Usagi comments with clear pique, face screwing up in a pout of consternation.
[16:18] * @Takeshi shrugs. "Seems accurate enough to me, although 'inhuman' isn't exactly the word I'd choose to use. I'm definitely not normal, that much I know."
[16:21] <@Usagi> "Just because you can do magic doesn't make you anything besides human!" the blonde insists earnestly, bouncing to her feet. "You still have parents and go to school and work at your part time job and everything else, right?"
[16:24] <@Takeshi> "I go to school and have a job, yeah," Takeshi says with a shrug. "No parents, though."
[16:27] <@Usagi> That immediately dampens Usagi's rising indignation, the blonde faltering clearly before she slowly sits down. "Sorry. I didn't mean..." she tries lamely. One would think she'd be used to this situation by now, if nothing else...
[16:29] <@Takeshi> "Don't be," Takeshi says with another shrug, completely unruffled. "Not like you knew. And I didn't mean that I'm - or you're - not mostly human. But face it, we can both do things that the average person on the street would never believe. Even if we are mostly human, there's still a part that's different from most people."
[16:32] <@Usagi> "Yeah..." Usagi decides to follow up the rest of the conversation rather than getting stuck on the first part. "But getting hung up on how much it seperates you from other people is a bad way to go - I saw plenty of that with Jadeite's youma."
[16:35] <@Takeshi> "I don't, really," Takeshi replies. "I had to accept the fact that I was different a long time ago - it's really what got my nightmares down to something I could manage to live with. Doesn't make me any better or worse than a normal person - although believe me, I know I've got the potential to be a LOT worse. But in my case, it's not like I didn't have things separating me from other people BEFORE that point."
[16:38] <@Usagi> "Well, maybe we should work on that?" Usagi suggests gently. "I think it's important to stay grounded in the real world around us - helps me stay focused on what I'm really fighting for - even if I haven't had to actually fight for a long time, now..."
[16:40] * @Takeshi snorts. "What exactly would you suggest, then? I can't exactly run down to the nearest convenience store and pick up a slightly used set of parents."
[16:45] * @Usagi frowns at the sarcasm. "Don't you have anything else you care about?" she asks, looking away. "And there's no need to be sarcastic. Your situation isn't unique, even in this group."
[16:49] <@Takeshi> "I wish I could say I did," Takeshi says quietly, his voice becoming a bit more solemn at that - no sense in making light if she's treating it this seriously. "It's not like I try to avoid people, but most people either look at an orphan as something to be pitied or as somehow less of a person because they don't have a family. The few that don't... well, I've made a few friends, but I haven't lived (more)
[16:50] <@Takeshi> in the same place for more than a year ever since I was eleven. About the time I manage to make a friend or two, I usually got transferred to another orphanage or a new foster home."
[16:55] <@Usagi> "Mako-chan never talks like that... but I suppose she's had the same guardians ever since..." Usagi muses, shaking her head slightly. "Anyway, I hope you can be friends with me and the other senshi, if nothing else. It'd be a start, right?" she smiles gamely.
[16:56] <@Takeshi> "Here's hoping," Takeshi says, giving the blonde a lopsided grin. "It'd be nice to have a few friends that really understand what's going on."
I am a terrible person.
Excellent Youkai.

Halbarad

[11:27] <@Kotono> ---Arc 2 go!---
[11:28] <@Kotono> So night came. A return to home for Asher, house and home ahead, neighborhood quiet as the Moon's wanining phases begin.
[11:42] <@Asher> Home indeed. Asher feels especially weary this night, but there's no point on pressing the matter. He trudges through the night-fallen landscape that is his neighborhood and up to the door he goes. Fishing out the key, and opening the door with a creak, it dawns on him that it really is quite late - much later than the norm.
[11:43] <@Kotono> Indeed. While you hear the TV, it's complimented by soft snoring. Dad's fallen asleep in his easy chair again, giving into the weary demands of this hard world.
[11:44] <@Asher> Closing the door, he goes ahead and heads straight into the kitchen. Though it's rare on nights that he gets home this late, on those occasions Mom usually leaves something out in the fridge for him to warm up. By now, she'd be long in bed.
[11:46] <@Kotono> There is - some soup and noodles tonight, as well as a bit of brownies. Not bad by standards at all. It's just so quiet -t he lights are off and it's peaceful here.
[11:48] <@Asher> Fire up the microwave to warm that up, and go ahead and sneak one of the brownies out and nibble on it cold. For once, the silence in the house aside from the electronic hum is nothing but welcoming; though it's always been a quiet residence, Asher feels all the more at peace with no disturbances about. After the day's events, the contrast is quite appealing.
[11:49] <@Asher> With a slow stroll and pacing around the kitchen table, Asher realizes his backpack is still on; slowly tugging it off and letting it rest aside against the wall, the bit of extra weight catches his attention. He instinctively fishes around in its contents, trying to figure out why.
[11:53] <@Asher> Oh. Well. A little something he forgot to hand back to the owner. With a low sigh, he tucks the communicator into a more secure locale inside the pack, just as the ring of the microwave goes off. Sealing up the pack and standing back up, Asher takes out the soup and noodles, grabbing a pair of chopsticks and sits down for a midnight meal.
[11:55] <@Asher> The warmth it provides is a pleasant sensation to the cold that had assaulted him outside on the way home. But Asher takes his time, gnawing away, finishing up the soup with what could be called a casual pace at best. With intervals inbetween eating, he casually leans back in the old wooden chair and abandons all pretense of thought. The silence and darkness make for wonderful complements to this mood.
[11:57] <@Asher> Finishing up the meal, it's second nature for him to do the routine cleanup as well with no one else up. A soft turning of knobs, and the sound of running water replaces the stillborn lack of noise. It's a few minutes later before that task is finished as well, his hands drying off with a nearby towel, his stomach full.
[11:57] <@Asher> He then glances up at the clock, its dials barely visible in the dim illumination of the house.
[11:57] <@Kotono> It's past 10 PM. 10:14, to be exact.
[11:59] <@Asher> So time for bed. Yet exhaustion has yet to seep into his bones; he feels very awake, even if not especially alert. Grabbing the pack that was left against the wall and, more importantly, the kendo stick accompanying it, Asher sneaks his way back into the living room, careful not to make a sound. He glances instinctively up the stairway to see if the light in his parents' bedroom is on. Surely Mom wouldn't be awake at this hour.
[12:00] <@Kotono> A small surprise - the light is on.
[12:01] <@Asher> ...oh, well, crap. Actually, more colorful words come to Asher's mind, somewhat of a surprise given the normally well-behaved nature of the young man. So much for that. He trudges up the stairs slowly, taking his time and hoping that that light will be off by the final step. He's definitely not up to dealing with her at this particular moment...
[12:05] <@Kotono> OOC - Make a body check to see if you're quiet enough to not get her attention.
[12:05] <@Asher> roll 2d6
[12:05] * +Hatbot --> "Asher rolls 2d6 and gets 10." [2d6=4, 6]
[12:06] <@Kotono> As you reach the top stair, "Asher?" Mother calls from her room. Ooops.
[12:07] <@Asher> Asher's face falls instinctively, but the reply, like lots of things in this house, is reflexive and automatic. "I'm home, Mom." He conveniently leaves out the "going to bed" part; but he wouldn't be caught dead lying to his parents, despite worldwide universal approval for that particular practice. Hoping that she's too tired and can pass it over, he tiptoes slowly to the edge of the hallway leading to his own room.
[12:11] <@Kotono> "...good night," Mom decides as you do, her light turning off. "Sleep well, Asher."
[12:12] <@Asher> Whew. "Good night, Mom," Asher answers back. He goes ahead and enters his own room, closing the door behind him - as of late, he just doesn't feel right with the thing wide open anymore. Same goes for the window - it gets shut, albeit he leaves the blinds open to let a bit of the moonlight flow up. The sight of his room feels weird... a place that he'd always found comforting at night before, yet now it seems almost foreign. Strange.
[12:13] <@Asher> Trudging over to the bed, Asher again lets the pack and kendo stick slide to its side as he climbs onboard and lies down, letting himself collapse on the covers. His eyes, however, refuse to shut. The total relaxation that's allowed, on the other hand, is good enough reason to not move for a few minutes.
[12:15] <@Asher> Those minutes pass slowly, reluctantly. His gaze shifts from the blank, unadorned wall - the one that most people his age would have plastered with posters or other articles - to the floor, to the desk, to the window and the Moon overhanging above. All in all, only his head turns, the rest of his body seemingly content to lie still. But sleep doesn't come, impending circumstances be damned.
[12:18] <@Asher> The minutes become a half hour. Then an hour. The small electronic clock on his desk ticks off the seconds, and still he hasn't fallen asleep. Sighing, Asher picks himself back up from bed, shaking his head blearily. This isn't working. Reaching over to the side, he closes the blinds, basking his room into darkness.
[12:20] <@Asher> Leaving the pack behind, he grabs the sole link to the outworldly matters that have now so suddenly gripped his world and slowly, very slowly, opens his door. The rest of the house undoubtedly still, Asher sneaks out with nary a sound, leaving the door only a crack open. He takes his time going down the stairs, having no want to wake anyone up.
[12:22] <@Asher> Assuming a successful journey downstairs, and confidence in good ol' Dad's ability to snore away any other source of noise, the front door is quietly unlatched, unlocked, and the creak that accompanies its opening is blotted out by said snores. With it closing again, Asher does take the moment to lock it before strolling off into the night, a later hour than he ever had before.
[12:25] <@Asher> But no, not to the park he was at on a previously similar occasion; not even anywhere in his neighborhood. He picks up the pace, the chilly air a good motivation to keep himself moving at a respectable speed, and makes his way all over to the shopping center where Mokou's bookstore is. And, presumably, the environ of the empty parking lot.
[12:26] <@Kotono> IT is indeed quite empty. It's silent and peaceful here, Tokyo asleep all around Asher.
[12:29] <@Asher> Stupid. Why was he here? There wasn't anything particularly uplifting or motivating about this; he was going to be sleep deprived tomorrow, walking around at this hour in the city, no matter how sleepy this place normally was, was a far cry from safe; even more so now that he knew there were dangers beyond the norm. Yet. Still.
[12:30] <@Asher> Kendo stick out, he begins the regimen that's been left alone far too often lately, flowing back into his normal routine. All in all, he'd already walked all the way here. Might as well make the best of it.
[12:40] <@Asher> It's a full hour later before he stops, and by now the normally frigid air is nothing but a soothing comfort at the end of the workout. Breathing slowly, he walks off to the side of the bookstore and leans against the wall, letting himself catch his breath. He'd let that particular session run twice as long as he was used to, and it showed rather evidently in how his body was reacting.
[12:41] <@Asher> But now other thoughts began to assault his mind, sleep still a far off thing, like a forgotten promise. He'd been immersing himself in nothing but places he'd been to before. Places that were familiar. But what lie ahead was not going to be in that realm in the slightest.
[12:42] <@Asher> Taking a deep breath, he thought about the places around here that he hadn't been to before... the list was actually rather short. Tokyo wandering had given him a lot of viewing to plenty of locales the past few years. Then something strikes his mind - a place he hadn't been to, and bore relevance at the same time. ..after all, why the hell not?
[12:43] <@Asher> Not like anyone was actually there at this hour. Asher shrugs, mostly to himself, and takes off to the sidewalk, following the road along to where he thought the destination at hand would be.
[12:45] <@Kotono> T*A is ahead. It's belltower is a long vertical shadow in the nighttime, it's gates closed. It's very well kept, a long and big private school. The lawn past the gate is quite nice.
[12:49] <@Asher> Stopping in front of the gates, he takes the moment to encompass the entirety of it, noting entrances... exits... the gates are closed, huh. Not a soul in sight?
[12:50] <@Kotono> Not a soul indeed. But as he stands there, "Just...jump when you transform," Reclaimer murmurs again.
[12:51] <@Asher> His reply's eeriely quiet, but the momentary surprise passes quickly. "Should I even be using you for something like this?" Even as he asks, though, he studies the gate's height and whether the tops have nice pointed barbs or not.
[12:51] <@Kotono> No barbs. 15 feet tall, perhaps, or so. "It's training. If you don't train, you won't get any better!"
[12:52] <@Asher> Though the surrealness of the situation strikes him. He's never broken into a school before. Or anything. What the hell.
[12:54] <@Asher> And no point in limiting himself to this normal, human perspective either; he might as well make use of what he has on hand. Maybe that was an actual benefit to sneaking out in the dead of night, anyway. Raising the kendo stick, the words come out in a quiet whisper but somehow echo out a hell of a lot more loudly than that in his mind. "Reclaimer Crystal Power!"
[12:55] <@Asher> With the stick-now-sword and civilian-clothes-now-classy-outfit deal finished, he steps back and stares up at the gate. You know, fifteen feet is a lot to clear -vertically-...
[12:56] <@Kotono> To Asher's surprise he takes to the air! His leap is like a graceful arc, clearing the gate in one go and landing on the other side!
[12:57] <@Asher> "...what the hell?!" Asher manages to get this out midair as his arms flail uselessly. But then he realizes the futility of that quickly and tries his best to land without busting any bones.
[12:57] <@Asher> Having done so. "
[12:57] <@Asher> "What the hell was that?"
[13:05] <@Kotono> "You aren't limited to 'normal' movement..." The sword answers back, voice picking up. "You're magical now, Asher. Such a feat is hardly special."
[13:05] <@Asher> "I meant more the fact that I didn't do that," he quips back in an irritated tone. "Or am I moving too slowly for your taste?"
[13:06] <@Kotono> OOC - Ooops. I'll note I made a small mistake andthought you jumped. Oh well, quick recovery!
[13:06] <@Kotono> "I was giving you a bit of encouragement. Try it again, you'll be able to do the same thing."
[13:07] <@Asher> He slumps his shoulders momentarily, then turns back to the gate and, without really trying to put too much thought into the sheer impossibility of it, leaps up to the sky with as much force as he can muster.
[13:08] <@Kotono> To his not so surprise, this is done as before. He's ablet o make this jump welle nough, landing ont he other side safely.
[13:09] <@Asher> With a bit of a shuffling of feet on the other hand, he turns around and attempts it again, this time trying not to put excess force into the leap - that last one cleared a little -too- high - and landing with somewhat more grace. Acrobatic instincts coming to mind, here.
[13:12] <@Asher> Crouching in the lawn, Asher speaks quietly again, not afraid to interrogate the only company he has around. "Anything else you recommend trying?"
[13:14] <@Kotono> "Not for now. Baby steps."
[13:15] <@Asher> The brief amount of irritation that kind of response provokes gives Asher enough reason to stand back up and mutter beneath his breath. Glancing up at the rooftop of the school... "I'm guessing that's a bit much, then?"
[13:16] <@Kotono> "Much too much," You note the clocktower is near the front, and that's at least 4 stories...
[13:17] <@Asher> What the hell. If nothing else, he doesn't have to worry about killing himself on the fall anymore, and that alone gives Asher enough reason to experiment a bit more. Easing around the front of the school, he eyes the clock tower for any holdings - windows, balconies, other forms of leverage he could make it with a jump and haul himself up on.
[13:18] <@Kotono> Not really -well, the front does a bit, as it rises up from the first story. You could probably make it there.
[13:19] <@Asher> Pffft. Hesitation. Screw it. He tries for the leap, aiming for the first outcropping he can get.
[13:19] <@Asher> He'll show that sword!
[13:22] <@Kotono> OOC - Body check since you're pushing it.
[13:22] <@Asher> roll 2d6
[13:22] * +Hatbot --> "Asher rolls 2d6 and gets 8." [2d6=2, 6]
[13:23] <@Kotono> OOoh! Close, but Asher isn't quite close enough! He slides down the wlal instead, making a safe landing from his near success.
[13:23] <@Asher> Try again. Not getting hurt on the fall has removed any sense of reluctance from Asher's mind as he aims for the same spot.
[13:23] <@Asher> roll 2d6
[13:23] * +Hatbot --> "Asher rolls 2d6 and gets 5." [2d6=4, 1]
[13:27] <@Kotono> This time he makes it! He just lept a full story, perched on the basic roof, but the leap to the actual clock tower would be 4 or more tiems that. Not really happening.
[13:28] <@Asher> Oh, who said anything about doing the whole thing in one jump? Asher eyes the next story, trying his best to gauge where he could hang from another outcropping.
[13:28] <@Asher> Besides, the sword isn't talking, and that's generally a good sign!
[13:28] <@Kotono> No chances here - it's pretty much smooth brick until the bell's top now.
[13:28] <@Asher> Oh, well.
[13:29] <@Asher> ...bah. His face deflates as he realizes that that's pretty much not going to work. Glancing back out from his vantage position... what about jumping back down to the lawn... hmm. Bracing his feet back, he makes a leap from there, trying to clear as much distance as he can - all the way to the gate if possible.
[13:30] <@Kotono> OOC - Body check again. Don' 12.
[13:30] <@Asher> roll 2d6
[13:30] * +Hatbot --> "Asher rolls 2d6 and gets 7." [2d6=4, 3]
[13:31] <@Kotono> So he leaps! He clears at least 20 feet as he lands by the gate again, safely managing to make his leap down!
[13:32] <@Asher> Standing back up and making his way 'cross the lawn again, this time Asher inspects the doors and any other possible openings that could lead into the school itself. It may be nice and quiet now, but someone showing up for another midnight stroll could be awkward.
[13:46] <@Kotono> The doors are all locked up.It's quite, not a light on in the place.
[12:35] <@Asher> Nothing suitably appropriate to sneak in - a chimney?! An unlatched window? Asher takes his time to scout the perimeter of the school, looking for unmarked doors, whatever could be manageable.
[12:35] <@Kotono> Some searching does find an unlatched into into a classroom. It's nicely kept, clean. It smells vaguely like...girls here. Girls, in a way Asher can't put his finger on.
[12:36] <@Asher> The distinct reminder that it's a private school comes back to mind as he eases around in the classroom, looking. This was the school that both Kotono and Hotaru attended, right? It wouldn't hurt to be observant...
[12:37] <@Kotono> It's nice - all the stuff looks brand new. New desks, projectors, tables, paint, the whole nine yards. It's a rich school and it really shows.  Heading out, the hallways are quiet and stately.
[12:38] <@Asher> Door isn't locked? Hmm. Walk down the hallway and test some of the other doors, remembering to close them as he goes, of course. The other classrooms pretty much the same?
[12:39] <@Kotono> The doors inside generally aren't locked. Most of the classrooms are the same, then you find the band rooms and then some club rooms. All are very nice.
[12:41] <@Asher> Well, enough of a little bit of that. Traversing down the corridors, Asher pokes his head around, looking for a stairway of some sort - or even an openable window to see if he can have better luck ascending to higher heights safely. Must keep in mind the new options he has at hand... yes. At hand. A glance down to his sword, his whisper sounding unusually loud in the silent school. "I don't mind some feedback now and then, you k
[12:43] <@Asher> --know."
[12:45] <@Kotono> "You're techincally breaking the law, you know," Reclaimer notes dryly, as you find a set of stairs going up. Looks unlocked, oddly so. You'd think they'd lock the tower stairs. "The jump was fine - though I wonder what you have in mind now."
[12:46] <@Asher> "You'd be amazed what I have in mind in response to that," comes the somewhat tart reply, the scene at the Crown still fresh in his mind. Climbing up the stairway, he breaks into a jog, then a full out sprint, moving as fast as he can while trying not to trip on a step.
[12:48] <@Kotono> The stairs are several stories, but Asher finds himself clearing them in amazing time! As he does, "Heh, just don't be too good. You're magical but you're not invincible! You saw what happened to SAilor Moon."
[12:50] <@Asher> Asher shrugs in askance while practically making leaps up the stairs, although he forcefully slows down his pacing just to make sure he hits every step with one foot while trying to maintain his speed. Basic kendo training comes back swiftly to mind, along with the training mats that his grandfather used to utilize. "I need to know my limits. Give me a way to find out."
[12:50] <@Asher> "I'm sure you're nice enough to tell me when I'm about to do something stupid, right?" The wary smile on his face was a bit misleading to the actual concern in his voice.
[12:51] <@Kotono> "...you'd best not jump off the tower," he warns as you reach the top. It's a real belltower, open faced to let the wind blow in. The view is magnificent, several blocks of Tokyo visible. "Mmmm. Feel that wind?"
[12:55] <@Asher> The wind is nothing but a great comfort after that long run up the stairs, its normally cold feel draining away the exhaustion on his face, making him feel almost invigorated. He takes a step closer to the edge, taking in the view and enjoying it immensely. This was the kind of visual treat that Asher loved.
[12:56] <@Kotono> It blows strongly, the air currents ruffling Asher's black hair. "Focus on it - it's connected to you now. The wind is part of you, Asher."
[12:58] <@Asher> He lifts a hand to caress the feel of the air before closing his eyes, letting his body relax... though not to the point where he might, um, fall off the tower. That would be bad. But to the best of his ability Asher shuts down the rest of his mind to concentrate only on the feeling of the wind.
[12:59] <@Kotono> OOC - Soul check, +1
[13:00] <@Asher> roll 2d6+1 burn 10 EP
[13:00] * +Hatbot --> "Asher rolls 2d6+1 burn 10 EP and gets 11." [2d6=4, 6]
[15:49] <@Kotono> However, nothing happens. Asher stands there, feeling the wind instead.
[15:50] <@Asher> He sucks in a long breath, trying harder to concentrate on the eddies of air that continued to flow freely in his face.
[15:50] <@Kotono> OOC - Soul check again.
[15:51] <@Asher> roll 2d6+1 burn 20 EP
[15:51] * +Hatbot --> "Asher rolls 2d6+1 burn 20 EP and gets 3." [2d6=1, 1]
[15:55] <@Kotono> There it goes. Like a page has been ripped from a book and into Asher's mind he feels it! The wind, the gales - with a hint of understanding they go into a gust, at his mere thought! (5 EP used.
[15:55] <@Kotono> _
[15:57] <@Kotono> "There you go. The wind is yours, Asher - learn how to use it. Just...don't try to fly or jump yet. It's harder than it looks."
[15:58] <@Asher> Baby steps, Reclaimer said? Keeping his eyes firmly shut, Asher takes a bit of a moment to try some relatively minor shifts. The streams in his mind were moving pretty quickly; with a bit of thought, he tries to envision them slowing down, the pace of the air faltering in momentum...
[15:59] <@Kotono> OOC - I'll give you a freebie thanks to Mr. Critty.
[15:59] <@Kotono> At his command the wind easily slows down to a barely moving breeze. It's quite easy on a first try, his will enough to change the wind itself.
[16:00] <@Asher> And so it happens easily enough - the feeling of wind on his cheeks dies down momentarily. Still clinging onto that thread of thought, Asher similarly tries to bring them back up to speed again. Again, slowly but surely, the force of the wind picked up to a gentle breeze, and then a fairly strong one. It's at this moment that he opens his eyes, letting vision take over once again while still trying to remain focused.
[16:03] <@Kotono> OOC - Normal soul check now, I think.
[16:03] <@Asher> roll 2d6
[16:03] * +Hatbot --> "Asher rolls 2d6 and gets 7." [2d6=4, 3]
[16:05] <@Kotono> To his command the wind is at his beck and call! It blows to his desires, showing the windy, nighttime visage of Tokyo. Far away he can see skyscrapers, glittering with showy lights in the night sky.
[16:13] <@Asher> "...so." Asher speaks up softly, still keeping the bulk of his mind focused on directing the wind current - up and down in momentum. Now for something a little different. He tried to change its direction rather than force of flow, steadying the current upwards to flutter from his face to his hair, and then the bell of the tower itself.
[16:13] <@Kotono> OOC - Soul check again. No mod, you're getting down the basics just fine.
[16:14] <@Asher> roll 2d6
[16:14] * +Hatbot --> "Asher rolls 2d6 and gets 10." [2d6=6, 4]
[16:14] <@Asher> With a bit of a frustrated growl at the lack of results, he tries to put more of his force of will behind it.
[16:14] <@Asher> roll 2d6 burn 10 EP
[16:14] * +Hatbot --> "Asher rolls 2d6 burn 10 EP and gets 7." [2d6=1, 6]
[16:15] <@Kotono> Not quite - it curves a bit but Asher still feels in control, even if it fails. "That's it, bo-Asher. Just keep working it like that. It's not easy at first."
[16:16] <@Kotono> Now it goes. The wind changes direction to Asher's mental will, whipping just how he wanted it. "Good. That's enough - your energy isn't infinite, and you'll get caught if you pass out."
[16:24] <@Asher> True enough, there's some kind of tiredness seeping into Asher, even though he doesn't feel physically out of it at all. With a bit of reluctance he breaks off the focus, stepping back and letting the natural wind take its flow. "If I can change its direction like that... wouldn't, in theory, mean I could shift it vertically as well?" A rather scientific question, but he did sound honestly curious.
[16:25] <@Kotono> "In time, yes. It could work like that - but it wouldn't be easy to move a body or add propusion. That takes more than just a puff of air."
[16:25] <@Kotono> "So let me tell you again - be careful. You'll still turn into a pancake if you amke a mistake. Gravity's cruel."
[16:26] <@Asher> "Believe me, I'm aware," he notes dryly. "And it's not the only force of nature I have to worry about in this ordeal, anyhow." A bit tired of mind games, he glances about the tower. How far are the jumps to the other rooftops from here?
[16:26] <@Asher> Presuming it's not an insane gap, of course.
[16:26] <@Kotono> About three or four stories straight down. Until the first floor it's pretty much a straight drop.
[16:27] <@Asher> Yeah, uh, no. Back down the stairs he goes... accidentally bumping into the bell on the way with a sudden thwack. "Ow!"
[16:28] <@Asher> Well, more of a loud THUMP than a thwack.
[16:31] <@Kotono> "...careful," You hear quite the annoyed sigh at that, "Just go home befor eyou fall off, Asher. You have a bad habit of that, if you remember."
[16:32] <@Asher> "Yeah, yeah," he mutters under his breath. Back down the stairs he goes, and to the nearest unlatched window. At least that fall's manageable.
[16:33] <@Kotono> As you find a window, and after a pause, "You don't remember," the sword murmurs, "Nevermind, just go home and rest now."
[16:35] <@Asher> "I strive to prove you wrong whenever sanely possible," Asher shoots back, but not without a grin. For some reason, the sword's presence was growing more familiar and even friendly to a degree. And a leaaaaaaap over the gate!
[16:35] <@Kotono> "Hmph. Oh, and detransform, you." An added thought, "You don't want to be seen going in that form when you walk in, d you?"
[16:36] <@Asher> "Of course not. Your fashion sense is terrible."
[16:37] <@Asher> Asher gives the sword a hard look as he raises it, muttering softly. "I just had to get out first, that's all." And with a brief flash, he's back into the good ol' plain uniform that he favors. The rest of the stroll home is made at a casual pace... that whole night's activities turned out to be draining than thought.
[16:42] <@Kotono> -------
I am a terrible person.
Excellent Youkai.