News:

"With great power comes the opportunity to abuse that power."

Main Menu

Official "Gah, missing" thread

Started by Dracos, September 04, 2006, 04:40:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dracos

I'm back.  But figured I'd start this anyway.
Well, Goodbye.

Anastasia

Off chance I could miss this weekend, too! It's not likely but there are vague rumblings of family stuff poking out. Heads up in case I roll a proverbial 1 on the d100 of life.
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Anastasia

Query: Are all of us PCs gonna be here for the dramatic conclusion this Sunday?
<Afina> Forever.

Carthrat

[19:14] <Annerose> Aww, mouth not outpacing brain after all?
[19:14] <Candide> My brain caught up

Anastasia

Oh, this is just a totally innocent wondering. I just hope we're all here to take down that scummy necromancer in the name of the Moon; I will puni-erk, yeah. SAme idea, different words. Wrong game!
<Afina> Forever.

Ebiris

Admit it, you just want to kill him for the supernatural loot you can get!

Anastasia

> roll 1d20
* Hatbot --> "Kotono rolls 1d20 and gets 20." [1d20=20]
> roll 1d20
* Hatbot --> "Kotono rolls 1d20 and gets 19." [1d20=19]

My reply is to EAT HOT DEATH EVIL GM. <_<
<Afina> Forever.

Dracos

I...will miss some of it.  That thing I thought was two weeks ago is this sunday.  I can catch the first hour or so most likely, but then I'll have to get to campus and hopefully have this whole crap be worthwhile.

Dracos
Well, Goodbye.

Ebiris

Well, hopefully that'll give us time to slay the Necromancer.

After that it's just looting and levelling up and plotting the next grand adventure.

Carthrat

It's my understanding that it was decided that we're going to skip the rest of the dungeon so we can get xp/gp/etc.

May I point out that this is total lameness and it would be nice if we could at least wait until everyone has had their say. I didn't want to skip over it, both in an RP sense and a 'let's do cool stuff' sense. I'm all for timeskipping cleaning out rooms and taking 20 on search checks and stuff, but when there are still actual *things to do* I'd like to do them. What was the rush, anyway?

Even if it comes down to deciding it by vote, having the opportunity to, y'know, have other people have their say would be nice.

It might be a bit late for this dungeon, fine, let's just never, ever do that again. >_>
[19:14] <Annerose> Aww, mouth not outpacing brain after all?
[19:14] <Candide> My brain caught up

Anastasia

<Afina> Forever.

Ebiris

Honestly, I'm not happy about skipping the rest of the dungeon either - I had some cool (I thought) encounters planned, as well as some treasure that you wouldn't find just by making search checks. However, with 3 people telling me to do so, I considered that to be majority opinion.

However, since Rat and Corwin are against it, and so am I, that leaves it tied. Therefore I ask - does anyone really feel strongly about skipping the end of this dungeon?

I'm quite happy to retcon out that last post so we can pick up normally on next Sunday where we left off - you can all carry on as levelled up for simplicity since some have already amended their sheets.

Iron Dragoon

Like I said before, I'm all for skipping it *IF* there is *no combat or RP* to do. If there is, by all means, lets do it. If there isn't, however, I see no reason to waste time in the dungeon.
This is not the greatest post in the world, no... this is just a tribute.

Anastasia

If it matters...hell, let's go on after all. Can we just assume we take a day or two to rest up, though? For that levelling as well as generic healing?
<Afina> Forever.

Dracos

Quote from: "Iron Dragoon"Like I said before, I'm all for skipping it *IF* there is *no combat or RP* to do. If there is, by all means, lets do it. If there isn't, however, I see no reason to waste time in the dungeon.

Pretty much.

After that it's just looting and levelling up and plotting the next grand adventure.

You did kind of tell us this, Eb and everything we'd seen so far indicate the dungeon was done.  It really felt like narratively it was over, so the 'yeah, you've got cleanup' came out of the blue.  

Admittingly, I'm not really interested in 'more' encounters in this dungeon unless it's some big thing because as far as it stands, we've spent way too many weeks of 'move a bit, beat encounter, end session' x-x.

Dracos
Well, Goodbye.