News:

"I stand humbled by your vast My Little Pony knowledge."

Main Menu

Pacing

Started by Bjorn, October 05, 2006, 04:26:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bjorn

I'd like to make two suggestions to try and keep the pace up, given our general schedule alignment problems:

1) Do more in a single post, please.  I trust everyone not to metagame here, so feel free to take narrative license with the world around you.  If you go looking for a rock in a forest, you can probably find it -- don't wait for me to say you do.  If you're delivering an impassioned speech, and you expect some NPC (once we get them) to make a certain response that you'd play off, go ahead and write that line into his or her mouth. If you do accidentally tread on a point of plot importance, I'll let you know, we can rewrite, and go on from there -- my feelings won't be hurt.

2) Along that vein, if you do need to stop for a piece of information from me, if you can, please write down alternatives on "what you'll do depending on the answer."  That way, once I provide the answer, I can hopefully fill in on the alternative as well.  Once again, if I overstep boundaries, or pursue an alternative that you wouldn't have taken given the actual answer, it's fine, we'll retcon, and go from there.

Basically, what it comes down to is: what with our world-spanning nature, odds are that it'll be five hours before whoever needs to read your last reply actually can, so fill in the time by spending fifteen minutes on your reply instead of one. ;)

And on an unrelated note: fill in the special effects of your powers however you like.  I am fairly sure at this point that everyone knows the plot-important aspects of their powers (though there is a point I need to double-check on Brian with in this regard).  For various reasons that will turn out to be of importance later on, your powers work more or less the way *you* want them to.

Bjorn

Brian, Rez, if you can confirm for me you're happy with Hal's proposed plan, and that there's nothing else IC you want to do/add/faff about with at this point, I'll get going.

Brian

Excellent.  Custom imposition of will upon reality.

:D

I'm happy with Hal's plan right now.  IC, I've got nothing but small talk and whingeing right now.
I handle other fanfic authors Nanoha-style.  Grit those teeth!  C&C incoming!
Prepare to be befriended!

~exploding tag~

Rezantis

Hangin' out backstage, waiting for the show.