News:

I have a dream that one day, men will be punched in the face not for the color of their skin, but for the awful content of their character.

Main Menu

Mission 2: Mid-life Crisis

Started by Ebiris, December 28, 2006, 03:38:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ebiris

[18:54] <Kotono> Stormy. Storms rage, whipping the sea cliffs with foam and spray. The black sky is moonless, the only light flashes of thunder, as bright as Thor's ire at the world. Karuma can see it as she walks up the steps. Up the twisting stairs, at the top. The library, the twisted black library. The lighting flashes in the grand window, pounding faster than your heartbeat, like a machinegun - no, or is that your heart after all? (More)
[18:56] <Kotono> Behind you is nothing but a broken stairway, yawning into an endless black abyss. Deeper than the heart of hell, incomprehensible faces swirling. Ahead of you ist he library, again and again and again. It's under the main window, pulsing, screaming, hurting, hurting, hur-! Bed. Sweaty bed? Fever rush subsides - nighttime. Cool nighttime. Dazed, cool nighttime. Your room? Safe. Ugh. Nightmare?
[18:59] <Karuma-chan> "Ahhn!" Karuma sits bolt upright in her darkened room, covered in a cold sweat. "Wha-? Ohhh... just a dream..." she heaves a deep sigh, resting a hand over her chest, feeling her heart still racing beneath her flesh. Slowly she pulls herself out of bed, padding across to the ensuite bathroom to wash the clammy sweat off her face.
[19:01] <Kotono> It's a nice bathroom - the door into it is plain and inside is a sink and bath. As Karuma bathes her face, she glances into the mirror. Standing outside the doorway is a dark suited man, Alexandria's servant, face shadowed by watching Karuma silently.
[19:04] <Karuma-chan> "GAAH-OHH SHIT!!!" Karuma screams, jumping nearly out of her skin as she whirls to face the intruder. "Do you want to die? What the fuck are you doing?!" she cries, all poise gone as she finds a strange man in her bathroom while she's clad in naught but a cut-off tank top and plain white panties.
[19:05] <Kotono> He doesn't even flinch, instead standing out in Karuma's room. "You screamed," he says, as if that explains it all. "Are you ill?"
[19:06] <Karuma-chan> "Of course I screamed!" Karuma hisses, trying to get her racing pulse under control. "You surprised me, dammit! Haven't you ever heard of knocking?!"
[19:07] <Kotono> There is only a mute bow, cap pushed low. "I apologize," he speaks, voice smooth and calming. "You screamed in your sleep. Do you require food, drink or to see the Mistress?"
[19:09] <Karuma-chan> "No, dammit! If I want anything I can get it myself - just get out!" Karuma makes a shooing gesture. "And close the door on your way!"
[19:10] <Kotono> Another bow from him, leaving the room afterwards. He goes out into the dark room and darker hall, heading out of Karuma's life again, at least for now.
[19:13] <Karuma-chan> "God... what is wrong with some people?" Karuma sighs shakily, finally turning the tap off and going to dry her face. Walking back into her room, she briefly looks out the window, wondering how the weather compares to her dream.
[19:13] <Kotono> It's a still night. You can see the cliffs and sea below, and above, light comes from a window two floors up. One of the many library windows.
[19:18] * Karuma-chan doesn't feel all that sleepy, but doesn't feel too keen on exploring the mansion after dark after that creepy encounter. Grabbing a melon bread to snack on and calm herself down a bit, she fires up her laptop for some late night internet browsing.
[19:20] <Ana-chan> A quiet knock sounds on the recently-closed door a few moments later, a quiet voice following after it. "Karuma? Are you all right?"
[19:21] <Karuma-chan> At least someone knows how to knock. "I'm fine. Sorry if I woke you," she calls back irritably.
[19:23] <Ana-chan> "It's no trouble," Ana replies. "I'll leave you be, then - sorry to disturb you."
[19:26] <Karuma-chan> "Good night," Karuma sallies back, proceeding to kill time for the next hour or so before she's both calmed down and tired enough to go back to bed. Assuming no other disruptions to her night, that is.
[19:27] <Kotono> About a half hour later there is a knock on Karuma's door.
[19:30] <Karuma-chan> Alas, never a moment of peace! Leaving aside the wonders of hurling ASCI art insults at other sleepless 2channers, Karuma gets up and tosses a terrycloth robe on, viciously belting it around her waist before she stalks over and opens the door. "Yes?" she asks, nay, demands!
[19:34] <Kotono> Alexandria's servant is standing there, unfazed and unaffected by any demand. He carries a tray with a small glass of water and a few blue pills. "Sleeping aid," he asks, quite plainly.
[19:36] * Karuma-chan twitches. "No. Thank you," she grates out. "As I said before, if I need anything, I'll get it myself."
[19:37] <Kotono> For amoment he doesn't move, a gleam in his eye - a deep white eye. "As you wish," he says, "Rest well." With that he turns around and goes, heading away again.
[19:40] * Karuma-chan promptly slams the door shut and goes back to trading insults with Anonymous over the internet. Oh, to be back in her own nice apartment with no disruptions to her beauty sleep...
[19:42] <Kotono> So Karuma goes back to sleep. It's a spotty sleep, and come dawn she awakens again. A sleep of restlessness, of fleeting images of a brokenstair way, or of a stormy night. Even morning sunshine has difficulty dispelling it...
[19:42] <Kotono> Karuma wakes up sleepy and grumpy, tired adn yawning. Bleh.
[19:44] <Karuma-chan> Sighing miserably, Karuma rouses herself to go relieve herself and take a shower before her morning exercises... Oh, that's right, she offered to exercise with Anastasia, didn't she? Getting dressed in a pair of shorts and a t-shirt with a sports-bra underneath, she goes to see if the Russian assassin is awake.
[19:45] <Kotono> On exiting out of the room, she finds that the tray was left just besides her door. The blue pills and water are still there.
[19:46] * Karuma-chan sure isn't cleaning up after that busybody butler! Stepping over the tray, she makes her way down the hall to Anastasia's room, knocking on the door there.
[19:48] * Ana-chan sounds a bit groggy as she answers. "Yes, what is it?" comes a moment later, punctuated by a yawn.
[19:50] <Karuma-chan> "Sorry, didn't mean to wake you," Karuma replies, a bit abashed after she was so snappy last night. "Just letting you know I'm going down to the gym to exercise if you want to join me."
[19:51] <Ana-chan> "Mmm... sure, I'll be down in a couple of minutes," Ana replies, stretching as she climbs out of bed.
[19:53] <Karuma-chan> "See you in a bit, then." Not dallying further, Karuma heads on downstairs to the gym.
[19:55] * Ana-chan arrives in the gym about ten minutes later, still dressed in her pajamas and blinking a bit - washing her face helped wake her up a bit, at least. "Mmm, morning," she says, stretching as she comes into the exercise room. "I hope your sleep was better after whatever happened last night?"
[19:58] <Karuma-chan> "Not really," Karuma grumbles from atop an exercise bike as she pedals away. "I had a bad dream, and then that damn butler kept harassing me all night."
[19:59] * Ana-chan scowls a bit at that, stretching a bit to warm up. "I don't like that fellow much myself. There's just something... not natural about him, although I can't put my finger on exactly what."
[20:00] <Karuma-chan> "He's a weirdo, all right," Karuma agrees darkly.
[20:03] <Ana-chan> "Mmm... not going anywhere for a while," Ana muses to herself quietly, then nods. Closing her eyes, a soft light flashes around her, and when it clears she's clad in white - long boots, gloves, and a bodysuit. "Might as well get a true workout this morning," she says with a smile.
[20:05] * Karuma-chan blinks, her pedalling slowing. "Where'd those clothes come from?" she asks curiously.
[20:07] <Ana-chan> "Part of my 'special abilities'," Ana explains, heading over to a practice mat she's left set up at one side of the room. "This is something like my... 'true' self, if you will. I don't fully understand how my abilities all work, but in this form I can access them far better than usual."
[20:07] <Karuma-chan> "Interesting," Karuma nods slowly, picking up her pace once again. "Why don't you stay that way all the time, then?"
[20:08] <Ana-chan> "Concealment," Ana explains. "Turn off the lights and you'll see why."
[20:10] * Karuma-chan slowly ends her cycling, wordlessly getting up and going to turn off the light, leaving the gym only bathed in what little ambient light flows through the window from the overcast sky above.
[20:12] <Ana-chan> Except that it's not ONLY the ambient light from the sky outside - the white-suited figure ahead of her is literally glowing. Not enough to illuminate much - it's about what you might expect to see from a moonlit night - but it's definitely noticeable. "It would be a bit hard to go outside after dark like this without taking extreme precautions," Ana says with a wry smile.
[20:14] <Karuma-chan> "No kidding," Karuma remarks, flipping the light back on before going back to the exercise bike. "Bit noticable for an assassin, of all things."
[20:16] * Ana-chan grins at that. "There are ways of compensating, although they take some concentration to keep going." To demonstrate, she begins to focus - as Karuma watches, the Russian's image seems to do nothing at first, then begins to shimmer as if seen through a heat haze on the road. The wavering increases, slowly, then finally Ana vanishes from view entirely. "Not quite so noticeable now, I take it?" Hearing a giggle from midair is a bit odd
[20:17] <Ana-chan> is a bit odd, though.
[20:18] <Karuma-chan> "That is convenient," Karuma agrees, eyes widening. "Makes me wonder just what other weird powers are possible, out there..."
[20:21] <Ana-chan> "I can get into almost anything undetected, if I know what I'm up against going in at least," Ana says, appearing again rather suddenly. "I've never met anyone that's better than I am at moving quietly, and I can use that to hide from just about anything that uses light - or a type of electromagnetic radiation - to 'see'."
[20:22] <Karuma-chan> "Very useful... so when did you discover what you could do?" Karuma asks conversationally, maintaining a solid, steady pace on her cycle as she chats.
[20:26] <Ana-chan> "For as long as I can remember, actually," Ana says, shaking her head. "I was apparently found after a riot in Siberia nearly destroyed the section of the city my real parents lived in, and apparently I was glowing at the time - similar to what I imagine you just saw. The, ah, group that raised me in Russia took me in and did quite a lot of experimenting to figure out exactly what it was that caused it - it seems I have some measure of direc
[20:27] <Ana-chan> measure of direct control over light itself."
[20:30] <Karuma-chan> "Oooh," Karuma nods, interested. "I was completely normal until I was fourteen, myself. Of course, after discovering what I could do, I practiced all the time in secret to master it."
[20:33] <Ana-chan> "I would imagine so," Ana says with a slight grin. "Once the experiments were over, I'll admit that it was exciting to see what I could actually DO with my abilities. It's something of a rush to be like this, in all honesty - I feel more alive when I'm in this form. Like there's nothing I can't do."
[20:37] <Karuma-chan> "Yes, I feel much the same way," Karuma agrees, getting off the bike and going to take an exercise mat where she starts working on a few stretches. "There's something just so appealing about having a mind that can also perform physical feats of strength that even the most burly athlete would fail at."
[20:39] * Ana-chan stands back from the mat, taking a quick run at it before launching herself into a complex series of flips and twists, at one point even bouncing off the wall to continue the series. She pants a bit as she halts, "How much CAN you lift, then? You DID throw a car."
[20:44] <Karuma-chan> "I haven't been able to really measure it or anything," Karuma admits, starting to do a few jumping jacks. "But I can lift a decent sized truck or train car, I suppose. I can't throw something that big with as much force as I put into the car the other day, though."
[20:50] * Ana-chan grins at that, taking a moment to stretch - rather far, actually, her feet and hands both touching the ground as she bends herself backwards into a U-shape. "Bozhe moy..." she mutters. "Simply amazing - about all I could claim to compare is that I could probably cut most cars in half if needed. Certainly makes taking care of guards a simple matter, but... I would imagine with that kind of strength you were quite good indeed at arrang
[20:50] <Ana-chan> quite good indeed at arranging 'accidents'."
[18:45] <Karuma-chan> "It is my specialty," Karuma affirms while continuing her more sedate exercises. "Not so great for clients who wanted to make a statement, but if they just wanted someone out of the way, they could trust to my talents and discretion."
[18:49] * Ana-chan stands straight again, shaking her head. "If I were ever to go into business, it would most likely be for those that DID wish to make a statement, I'd imagine. Removing the target's head isn't terribly difficult for me, but it's hardly what you'd call an accidental sort of death. That said, I doubt anyone would be able to figure out exactly how I got in or out, so it's  not quite so bad."
[18:51] * Karuma-chan nods, starting to do some lunges. "There's a good market for that sort of work, anyway. I've had to turn down a few lucrative contracts because the specifications would draw too much attention to myself. I'm happier if the authorities don't discover a pattern in all the mysterious accidents I arrange."
[18:53] * Ana-chan steps back, launching into a set of handsprings as she bounces her way across the mat. "Mmm... have you ever come under suspicion for your work, on that note? Given the way you carry out your work, I'd imagine not, but..."
[18:56] <Karuma-chan> "Not as far as I know - I never leave any vain clues at the scene to taunt the detectives, tempting as it was in my early days. And the possible weak link of client betrayal I've handled up till now by never meeting them face to face," Karuma explains, sitting down and starting on a series of toe-touches.
[18:59] <Ana-chan> "Oh, yes - you mentioned that you worked online before," Ana says, sitting down herself as she begins a series of deep stretches. "Better than I could manage - I've used computers before, but I don't like reader software much, and my usual tricks don't work - you can't exactly feel the text on a screen, after all."
[19:01] <Karuma-chan> "Yes, they would be inconvenient for you," Karuma admits. "A pity, since they're so useful in this line of work. And just fun besides that, anyway," she smiles a bit.
[19:03] * Ana-chan smiles wryly. "I'll have to take your word for that - I've been around people playing games on them before, but I've never really heard of any sort of game that doesn't depend on seeing the screen in some way or another so it's not something I could ever try."
[19:05] <Karuma-chan> "Maybe an old text adventure game, but yes, that's more or less the truth," Karuma admits, shifting up onto her knees before working her way into a handstand.
[19:09] <Ana-chan> "Is that what you generally do with your spare time, then?" Ana asks, taking a moment before heading into a lightning-fast series of cartwheels, circling around the mat as she does so.
[19:14] <Karuma-chan> "Mmm... yes, I use the internet a lot, I suppose," Karuma admits, grunting as she lowers herself slightly in her handstand before pushing herself back up. She's not especially good at this particular exercise, so only limits herself to ten repetitions, which leave her sweating and breathing heavily by the time she's done. "Phew... I also like to ride my bike, even if I don't have a destination. Those are enough to keep me busy most of the time."
[19:17] <Ana-chan> "A bit like me, except without the bike part," Ana says with a smile, crouching before springing into a leap and rolling on landing - bouncing back and forth with this three or four times. "Hmmph," she blows out a breath. "Usually for me it's practicing my clarinet or taking walks - that's been the nicest part of moving here, getting to walk out in the open countryside."
[19:19] * Karuma-chan gets up and gets on the treadmill, starting to jog in place. "And at least the weather's nicer than Russia?" she concludes.
[19:20] <Ana-chan> "At least I can go outside here," she retorts. "Other than short trips out onto the grounds, I rarely if ever went outside when I was still in Russia."
[19:23] <Karuma-chan> "Ah, that too," Karuma agrees, only slightly apologetic.
[19:25] <Ana-chan> "You were wise to keep your abilities hidden, Karuma-san," Ana says, straightening up and heading for a punching bag in one corner of the gym. "Life isn't much fun when you're classified top secret - but I'm not anymore, and I'm going to make the most of that I can."
[19:27] <Karuma-chan> "And being here is making the most of it?" Karuma asks dubiously as she jogs away.
[19:28] <Ana-chan> "Maybe I was foolish to wind up here, but as we've said - what can we really do about it at this point? So I'll put the best face on it that I can, and take the joy I can find wherever it can be found."
[19:31] <Karuma-chan> "Just so long as you're not deluding yourself," Karuma demurs, falling silent as she picks up her pace, increasing the speed on the treadmill to a proper run for that last sprint. Go, Karuma! Take the pennant, win the gold, all that stuff!
[19:34] * Ana-chan begins to attack the bag, punches and kicks flying forth in rapid succession. "No, but I know that things could be far worse than they are now. When is life ever so perfect that there's never -something- to worry about, though?"
[19:37] <Karuma-chan> "True," Karuma agrees, slowing down before hopping off the treadmill. "Anyway, I'm done. Think I'll get cleaned up and have breakfast. See you later, Anastasia," she waves, heading off to do just as she said.
[19:37] <Ana-chan> "I'll see you later then, Karuma-san!" Ana replies, engaging in another round of attacks on the bag.
------
[19:00] <Kotono> It's a peaceful evening at home. The time to recover after a long day, to restore one's inner reserves with energy and vitality. Or it should be, anyway, but Chizuru's phone rings not three minutes from getting intot he door.
[19:01] * Chizuru-san grumbles impatiently. She never had much of a heart for telephones, and home is not a place where you should deal with people, etiquette be damned. Chizuru brusquely picks up the phone and answers with a rather unpleasant voice. "Hello."
[19:03] <Kotono> "Hello, Chizuru." Alexandria speaks, voice carried across the miles without losing a subtle, easy venomous cheer.
[19:05] * Chizuru-san squints her eyes and suddenly falls over her couch, barely sitting. The eyes suddenly go opaque, her tone downing to an almost muted vibration. "Oh... Lady Alexandria. Good evening. Is there anything wrong?"
[19:10] <Kotono> "No, it is a non descript evening. Very..plain." Her french accent livens these words up from the norm, added impact of a forgotten way of speaking. "Would you come and meet with me?"
[19:11] <Chizuru-san> "I... certainly, lady Alexandria", Chizuru speaks somewhat meekly. The accent still drives a chill down her spine, and leaves an eerie, gelid impression that spreads through her thoughts. "I will be there as soon as possible."
[19:14] <Kotono> "I will wait," Alexandria replies, hanging up after. Quite to the point, the call voer.
[19:18] * Chizuru-san hangs the phone and clasps her hands together pensively. What could Alexandria want with Chizuru at that time in the night? Regardless, she couldn't really stand up to her employer. With that, Chizuru picks up her briefcase and keys, and quickly leaves the apartment.
[19:20] <Kotono> The trip is without incident. It's a clear, still night when you arrive at the mansion, nighttime's grip in November's chill absolute. Her servant waits at the front door, bowing once to Chizuru.
[19:21] * Chizuru-san nods blankly to the servants, holding tight to her briefcase as she advances. What could Alexandria want, what was the purpose of that...
[19:22] <Kotono> "This way," he greets Chizuru, heading inside. "She waits for you on the third floor."
[19:25] * Chizuru-san follows the servant silently. However, her steps made a rather unsettling sound. Plact, plact, plact. Somewhat frightening, even. She treaded a thin line of tension - possibly unecessarily, but you can't really be too comfortable in business.
[19:26] <Kotono> It's quiet in the mansion tonight, up the convuluted, twisting, crystalline stairs. To the third floor, to where nightshade and worse blooms in open display...deep into it, to a little corner. Here Alexandria sits on the ground, a b ook on her lap and deadly plans all around her...
[19:30] * Chizuru-san approaches, her steps controlled and slow, her face slightly downcast. Among the darkness and the deadly blooms, Chizuru finally becomes more clearly visible, and she bows to Alexandria as soon as she recognizes the oniric, ephemeral silhouette of her employer. "Here I am, Lady Alexandria."
[19:35] <Kotono> "Sit," Alexandria offers politely, closing her heavy book up and putting it aside.
[19:37] * Chizuru-san sits on the ground, following Alexandria's lead. It's... rather uncomfortable, but Chizuru isn't really in a position to make demands.
[19:40] <Kotono> Reaching up Alexandria plays with a vibrant purple flower, unknown to Chizuru. She takes a bit of it's pollen, sampling it from her finger to her mouth. "A flower so deadly that the mere pollen can kill," she muses, savoring it's taste. "One of the sweetest substances in the world. Were bees able to make honey of it, it would be so sweet as to make all other food inedible."
[19:50] <Kotono> "Try some," Alexandria offers, plucking one of the delicate, three leaved purple flowers off the bush. Her eyes look to you, cold as appraising rocks.
[19:53] * Chizuru-san picks the flower, detaching one of the petals with remarkable gentleness - a trait that Chizuru herself wouldn't expect to have, much less demonstrate with such naturality. Slowly, she bites the petal, savoring the texture and subtleties in its taste.
[19:54] <Kotono> It's sweet and ...it overwhelms. Sweetness spreads from your tongue to your toes, an overwhelming, pervading taste. IT washes you away, dazzles you. "Only a few wild plants exist in a forgotten rainforest in South America. It's a nameless, deadly plant to all but a select few. A treasure of this world."
[19:57] <Chizuru-san> "It's... a rarity, indeed. It astounds the senses like nothing else the human sensibility has experienced", Chizuru agrees, still astonished by the sheer power of the flower's sweetness.
[20:00] <Kotono> "Tell me, what would you do to find treasures of this world? To find things that no normal person could have, but to only dream of?" Alexandria's smile is soft as she watches the Black Widow.
[20:04] * Chizuru-san ponders. It's a rather unwieldy question to ask to a mere assassin, but Chizuru still roams deep in her thoughts, her ambitious flare sparking from the darkest depths of her soul as she muses with an eerie smile. "The treasures of the world... as long as I coveted such a treasure... I would go unknown lengths, tear down all barriers, search to the end of the world. I did that to rise above the mediocrity of middle class... (more)
[20:06] <Chizuru-san> (More)"... only to find myself buried within the mediocrity of the upper class. To stand atop of the food chain, to achieve a state of true brilliance... or the most valuable beauty in the world? The sky is the limit", she finishes with a dreamlike grin.
[20:10] <Kotono> "Welcome..." Alexandria's smile grows, hints of fangs in her happiness. "I'm certain that soon you will find a treasure worthy of such ambition, Black Widow."
[20:15] * Chizuru-san smirks in disbelief, shaking her head as she dismisses her ambitions for a moment. "I wouldn't be so sure myself. While I still somewhat bask in the glory of my first achievements, what I got in return was disappointing."
[20:18] <Kotono> "The money is only a negiligable beginning." With her vicious, cruelly enticing smile Alexandria picks her book back up, opening it wide.
[20:20] * Chizuru-san sighs in unwilling agreement, getting up slightly. Damn, sitting in the ground is uncomfortable... "That's correct. However... you didn't call me just to muse vaguely about ambitions and treasures, I'm certain..."
[20:29] <Kotono> "Perhaps I just wanted your company?" Alexandria challenges with her own amusement, but she stands as well.
[20:33] <Chizuru-san> "That would be too easy to believe, lady Alexandria. And, for the little time we have known each other, I can say for sure that acting flippantly just for the sake of it is very unlike your line of work."
[20:40] <Kotono> "Perhaps!" A toss of her hair, a lightening as she begins to head back through the foliage. "But even Black Widows wish company once in a while?"
[20:45] <Chizuru-san> "I would not be so sure. However..." Chizuru muses for a moment, languidly lowering her head. "I would not object for company. Not always, anyway."
[20:48] <Kotono> "Good. It's not good to lose too much..is it?" A sideways glance to Chizuru as the two come back to the stairs, heading up them.
[20:50] * Chizuru-san raises an eyebrow, albeit keeping pace. "Lose too much? I'm not sure. I keep considering that there is a lot at stake for me, which leads me to wariness. However, beyond the obvious consequences, I don't truly understand what scares me so much."
------
[19:59] <Kotono> The morning is a harsh one. There's a very good, solid, understandable reason for this, one that's not faultable. Stomach cramps suck, but at least they're gone by 8 AM. Right now the news is on at Chisato's house as she finishes recovering. "...terrorist attack in downtown Tokyo is still under investigation. Prime Minister Koizumi vows that despite recent instability that the government is fine. Dietwoman Hijo's replacement will be a
[20:00] <Kotono> Dietwoman Hijo's replacement will be affirmed within the week, and repairs proceed well."
[20:04] * Chisato sighs softly, sipping at her morning coffee. These sorts of mornings were really not her thing, they usually made her wetware interfaces staticy, and she'd spend all day just recalibrating them instead of actually getting something -done-. So she just watches news, smiling wryly. Such coverage they get...
[20:06] <Kotono> "Here now is Lt. Colonel Yoshiyuki Tejada with more information about the tragedy. First of all, thank you for being here..." As they get through the intros, you listen. He's a cleancut military sort in the Japanese Army - a real army these days, with the US a crater. It's still for self defense, in theory. Not that there is much to invade with domination of trade, anyway. (More)
[20:09] <Kotono> AFter pleasantries, "Colonel, what do you say about speculation that Magnum Deus 666 is invovled in this attack?" THe newscaster asks this earnestly but with restraint, getting a scowl in return. "We are investigating all leads on this tragedy, but we do not encourage baseless speculation..."
[20:11] <Chisato> Chisato laughs softly to herself, not having muchore to say to that as she keeps sipping her coffee. Honestly, Alexandria probably had half the government on her payroll for the express purpose of playing down all the rumors, and keeping it 'just rumor mongering', or she financed the worst of the tabloids herself to do so...then again, that was assuming the populace wasn't dumb enough to do the whole thing on its own.
[20:11] <Chisato> *much more
[20:17] <Kotono> So it goes on and on and on and on and on. It's just normal garbage in the form of another day. Until Chisato's phone rings, in any event.
[20:18] * Chisato flicks off the boring and rather pointless news withouttrouble, turning and picking up the device built for communication and little else. "Hello?"
[20:31] <Kotono> It's a calm, cold voice on the other line. "The Mistress wishes to see you," Alexandria's servant informs gravely.
[20:33] <Chisato> "I'll be there as soon as I can," Chisato offered dryly, holding back the sigh. Was this her new full time job? Anyway. She hangs up, dressing herself in quick, professional clothes, before she takes her car to Alexandria's house. She lacked much else to do without her wayward ex-spouse or lovely child taking up her attention.
[20:42] <Kotono> The drive is without incident. On arrivial you find Alexandria's servant waiting for you at the front door, a brief bow as you approach.
[20:43] * Chisato offers a faint smile, heading up to him, and waiting for him to lead the way. She might guess where she is, but that's hardly necessarily accurate.
------
[17:54] <Kotono> The drive is without incident. On arrivial you find Alexandria's servant waiting for you at the front door, a brief bow as you approach.
[17:56] * Chisato offers a faint smile, heading up to him, and waiting for him to lead the way. She might guess where she is, but that's hardly necessarily accurate.
[17:59] <Kotono> So inside you head. To the stairs and up them, past everything on the lower floors. The place is quiet again for now, quiet and peaceable.
[18:00] * Chisato just follows the servant, having little else in the manner of direction here. Up the stairs, towards Alexandria.
[18:01] <Kotono> To the library you go! The weather is observed by Alexandria as she sits at a chair under a window. No book this time, only long looks at the water far below. The servant bows once, going back down the stairs with nary a word.
[18:01] <Chisato> "Good morning," Chisato greets, allowing herself the liberty of sitting as long as she's on retainer.
[18:03] <Kotono> Turning, Alexandria has a manila envelope in her hand. She smiles like a dark gale, brooding. "It's time again, and you're the first one for this. The oldest and perhaps the most experienced, no?"
[18:03] <Chisato> "But the least bloody minded about it," Chisato hazards, smiling softly back in contrast to Alexandria, taking the manila envelope and opening it, examing the contents. "Who and/or what now?" she asks curiously, raising an eyebrow.
[18:04] <Kotono> Inside is the following - it's of a police officer, it seems. A desk sitter, a Musashi. Reading his profile, you see that he's thirtysomething and with children, living a normal life.  Except, it notes, that no data is on him every Friday night. He seems to just 'vanish' until Saturday morning. A seargent in the local PD, two male children and a wife.
[18:05] * Chisato raises an eyebrow carefully, tapping her jaw. "Absolutely no idea what he does on fridays?" she asks with a bit of a frown, humming softly.
[18:09] <Kotono> "None." She looks unusually annoyed at that, supressing a sudden yawn. "Our..information is strangely limited at this time. The mission will be simple - find out what he does, and then reconsult with me. He'll likely have to die, but...I need to know what he does."
[18:09] <Chisato> "AAlright..." Chisato frowns, tapping her lips. "An interesting conundrum..." she murmurs, tracing her lips and reviewing what information they have about the lead up, or where the trail goes cold...or maybe they didn't have any. This could get interesting to say the least.
[18:11] <Kotono> More information - gets up at 8 AM, goes to work, comes home at 5. Normal life, nice apartment on the fourth floor of an apartment building. Very plain except for that gap. He leaves the precinct and then...poof.
[18:19] * Chisato blows at her bangs, sighing. Such an odd sort of moment... she thinks, frowning. They'd have to watch both in and out...and well, who knows what might happen. Would definitely require all of them...well, they'd have to do it, apparently.
[18:21] <Kotono> "It is. Gather the others?" Alexandria asks, quite plainly.
[18:22] <Chisato> "Mm," Chisato agrees softly, offering a slight smile. "Here?" she adds, curiously raising an eyebrow. Why she hadn't gathered them herself already made such a question of interest at least.
[18:23] <Kotono> "Yes..." Alexandria says, "They should be along shortly, then."
[18:28] <Kotono> So soon this morning is punctuated by two more arrivals. While Karuma is slightly late with something or another wrong with her stomach, Anastasia and Chizuru soon arrive upstairs, into the quiet library where Alexandria and Chisato wait. Alexandria has gone to look out the window, pensive for the moment.
[18:30] <Ana-chan> "You called, Ms. Alex- ah, Chisato-san!" Anastasia interrupts herself. "I didn't realize you were here," she says with a smile, dipping a quick bow to the older woman. "Is something going on?"
[18:31] * Chisato offers an understanding, if faint smile, stading to sketch a bow to her coworker. "Ahhh..." she holds out a manila folder to Anastasia before she sits, just keeping her faint and polite smile there.
[18:31] * Chizuru-san appears wearing typical work attire - you can't deny there's a bit of charm to a typical labcoat - and briefcase in hand. It seems as if she half-expected the call as the Black Widow's figure solidifies her presence. "A mission, I assume."
[18:32] * Karuma-chan waves to all concerned as she herself arrives, dressed in her puffy sleeved shirt and waistcoat combo that she favours for business related matters. "Someone else has to die?" she asks plainly.
[18:33] <Kotono> "Yes, the information is there," Alexandria says with a deep yawn. "Find out what he's doing first and then...mmm. Would you, Chisato?"
[18:33] * Ana-chan takes the folder, her fingers brushing lightly over the documents within as she scans them for any information of use.
[18:33] * Chisato raises an eyebrow at their employer. "If you wish to retire, Alexandria-san..." she nods, settling a bit in her chair.
[18:35] * Chizuru-san grabs a few documents from the folder herself, scanning preferentially for pictures and stone-cold facts.
[18:36] <Kotono> Alexandria is half turned, but you can see her hold something inside her sweater, as if holding her side? Or something inside of there? "Merely tired..." she says, standing. Meanwhile you can see all the information that Chisato saw, laid out.
[18:37] <Ana-chan> "Absolutely no idea?" Ana says, surprised. "What kind of surveillance has he been under?" she mutters to herself, sorting through the documents to try to find that tidbit.
[18:37] <Kotono> The information is very plain - it gives nothing away about how it was obtained.
[18:37] <Karuma-chan> "So... espionage rather than assassination?" Karuma asks in surprise after giving the file a once-over. "I suppose a change in pace is good, sometimes..." she murmurs noncommitally.
[18:37] * Chizuru-san picks up the data, raising an eyebrow. "... huh. So, mister Musashi has Secret Fundays on Fridays? This sounds vaguely suspicious, albeit a bit more personal than I'd like in this line of work."
[18:38] <Kotono> Alexandria straightens herself a moemnt later, fatigue vanished from her face. "You'll most likely have to kill him after you find out what he does."
[18:39] <Chisato> "So to observe him..." Chisato shrugs, humming. "Mah, researching targets comes with the territory," she agrees confidently, smiling.
[18:40] <Ana-chan> "Tailing him would certainly be no trouble whatsoever, if rather unpleasant if he travels by car." That earns a grimace from the blonde, recalling her first real assassination.
[18:41] * Karuma-chan nods her agreement. "That's easy enough," she agrees.
[18:42] <Chizuru-san> "At first glance, it's a much easier target to pin down than in our last assignment. Of course, we should be careful to not let the added layers of this one get to us...", Chizuru adds blandly.
[18:44] <Chisato> "Unfortunately though, if even Alexandria-san's information network holds nothing..." Chisato hazards, shrugging. "His disappearances may be far more complex or difficult than we might imagine at first glance."
[18:45] <Ana-chan> "Agreed - if it were that simple, why bring us into the matter?" Ana frowns slightly, rubbing her chin as she thinks. "Certainly there must be more, ah, efficient ways of simply getting information."
[18:46] <Karuma-chan> "True, it might not be as simple as following him," Karuma admits reluctantly. "Perhaps we should hedge our bets and adopt other methods in addition to the straightforward. A homing device on his vehicle?"
[18:47] <Kotono> Now that the ASsassins are talking, Alexandria merely slips back behind a curved corner, deeper into the library and away...
[18:48] <Chizuru-san> "Although... what if the reason why he disappears every Friday night is interested enough in him to chase his whereabouts? We could do a reverse maneuver to find out, although I couldn't say it's anything other than a last ditch effort."
[18:49] <Karuma-chan> "Yes, a possible fallback plan," Karuma muses. "It really depends where he's going and for what purpose."
[18:50] <Kotono> OOC - Body check based on hearing, Ana.
[18:50] * Chisato shrugs, smiling a bit. "Homing device could be done," she nods, frowning. "And I think we'll need cameras...we need to watch him in those last few minutes very, very carefully if he simply disappears."
[18:51] <Ana-chan> "Mmm, hardly something we can count on, yes," Anastasia says. "Hmm... with Karuma's help, I think physical surveillance would be easy enough for me to handle - the only hard part is keeping up with a vehicle, and if she's willing to help there that's not such an issue."
[18:54] <Ana-chan> roll 2d8 for hearing, target 13
[18:54] <Reikobot> Ana-chan rolled : 2d8 for hearing, target 13 --> [ 2d8=10 ]{10}
[18:56] * Ana-chan cocks her head a bit, her frown deepening slightly as her head inclines towards the last place she heard Alexandria from.
[18:57] <Kotono> She went behind a curve in the library, out of sight.
[18:58] * Ana-chan simply shakes her head a bit - it's nothing to worry about for the moment, but may bear investigating later. Making a note of the place, she turns her attention back to the matter of the amazing disappearing policeman.
[19:03] * Chisato finally nods, just tapping her chin. "I'll provide some redundancy, but in such a case, we might want the physical footage regardles..." she shrugs, smiling more. "That's a rough draft, I supppose."
[19:04] <Karuma-chan> "That's basically it, yes," Karuma nods. "We'll try observing him on Friday after work and see what we can see."
[19:07] <Chizuru-san> "Actually", Chizuru interrupts, "we might want to begin surveillance a day before Friday. This could lead us in for some other tips and a better grasp of his usual habits - which could make the deduction to the next steps a little less illogical."
[19:09] <Karuma-chan> "A good idea, Miss Chizuru," Karuma agrees, pursing her lips thoughtfully. "If we can see his usual routine it might tip us off before things get potentially weird regarding his odd Friday habits."
[19:11] * Ana-chan nods, still seeming a bit distracted - she's still listening for anything else unusual, outside of the conversation itself.
[19:11] * Chisato nods, smiling a bit. "So we need...beacons, cameras...anything else technological?"
[19:14] <Karuma-chan> "Not that I can think of," Karuma replies. "Perhaps after we know what he's doing we might need something else, but that should suffice for now."
[19:15] * Chisato nods, glancing at Anastasia. "Something distracting you, Anastasia-chan?" she asks, smiling a bit more. Ah children...
[19:17] <Ana-chan> "Hmm?" Ana says, looking a bit startled. "Ah - no, it's nothing," she says apologetically.
[19:25] <Kotono> So the group talks and goes. Once they disband, Anastasia goes to check where she heard the strange noise.Around the corner is Alexandria, sitting in another chair and reading a heavy book. "Yes?" she asks, as Anastasia approaches.
[19:28] <Ana-chan> "Ah... I beg your pardon, Alexandria-san," Ana says, blushing a bit. "I thought I heard... never mind, I suppose it's not important. I'm sorry to disturb you." She sketches a quick bow to her employer.
[19:30] <Kotono> "Hm? Very well," Alexandria does not pursue it, goign back to her book. OR she wasn't, but after a moment, "Heard what?"
[19:32] * Ana-chan pauses, having already turned to leave. "Ah... it sounded like something chimed here - I was just wondering what it was."
[19:34] <Ana-chan> "I see, then," Ana replies, nodding. "I'm very sorry to disturb you - I'll be going now, Alexandria-san." And with that she heads away, although a slight frown creeps across her features. Very odd...
[19:34] <Kotono> OOC - Okay, what's your plans, people?
[19:40] <Kotono> Thursday afternoon! It's rainy as November fades slowly down the lane of oblivion, rainy with patches of brief sunshien. A shimmering day of change, the perfect one to sneak into a police parking lot. This actually isn't hard - there are visible cameras on one hand, but on the other it's not locked or gated, just fenced several feet up. A few cops and workers come and go, casually. OOC - Go ahead and set yourselves up, people.
[19:42] * Ana-chan dismounts from Karuma's motorcycle, heading into an alley near the police station to prepare herself. A flash of light and a few moments later, the blonde is nowhere to be seen - but more specifically, she can't be seen near the exit to the police station. She's taken a headphone for this mission to stay in touch, although no microphone.
[19:46] <Kotono> So Anastasia is invisible! Getting into the parking lot would be easy like this...
[19:47] * Karuma-chan is on her bike a bit down the street from the car park exit, waiting for their prey to pass.
[19:47] * Chisato waits not too far away, on a rooftop and watching the gate and parking lot from above, and tracking her comrade. "Alright," she murmurs, asking her ocmputer to highlight wall the cars with the right pigmentation to be the correct vehicle. "I can't get an honest view of the license plates, so I'm going to have you feel them to tell me the numbers."
[19:47] <Chisato> *computer *all sigh
[19:48] <Kotono> Chisato's computer soon finds a match! It's parked in the third row, about midway through the lot.  It's the only strong match.
[19:48] * Chizuru-san waits alongside Karuma, patiently waiting for possible responses. She somewhat hopes this surveillance call will work better than their last one, at least...
[19:49] <Chisato> "Or there could only be one dark blue blue car," she snorts, giving Anastasia directions to it.
[19:50] * Ana-chan heads over to the car in question, slipping around the back of the vehicle to place it on the undercarriage of the car, just past the bumper.
[19:51] <Kotono> It fits on without difficulty. No one's coming quite around here yet - the one person that passes semi close doesn't even seem to have a clue.
[19:52] * Ana-chan waits for the one person nearby to head away before springing to the top of the car - if this is the right vehicle, she may as well get ready. The blonde grimaces at the damp roof, but no one said work was fun.
[19:53] <Chisato> "Alright...just waiting time," Chisato murmurs, half to herself, and opening a window in one corner of her head to keep a simple view of the beacon's location.
[19:54] <Kotono> It's a damp and chilly roof - but at least it's big. Plenty of space to setup on this one! It's about ten minutes before he comes. Middle aged, thirties somewhere. He has a mustache and a bit of a pot belly, a slow swagger as he unlocks his car door. HE's whistling to himself, relaxed.
[19:57] * Ana-chan remains perfectly still on the roof, not making a sound to betray her position as the target enters the vehicle.
[19:58] <Kotono> *Click!* Theturning of the key into the engine is loud! With that he starts his car, a slow pace! There's plenty of room ont he roof here, shouldn't be hard to stay on as long as he doesn'ts peed up! To the exit of the lot he goes, the radio on. Radio news, turned low but audible to Ana thanks to her hearing.
[19:59] * Ana-chan goes prone on the roof, letting her fingers grip at the edge of the windshield as before - not only is there less wind resistance this way, but it gives her the added bonus of keeping her ear to the roof of the car for anything going on inside.
[20:01] * Chisato stays low on the rooftop, moving so as to follow by hopping once he gets going.
[20:04] * Chizuru-san hops on Karuma's bike, waiting for the rider to begin striding. It seems the pursuit is about to begin! Shape up, Chizuru.
[20:04] <Karuma-chan> "Hang on tight," Karuma warns her companion, warming up the engine as she waits for their target to pass.
[20:08] <Kotono> Down the streets he goes! It's a perfectly normal route away from the bustle of the city, into sligthly quieter areas like apartments. Karuma follows, a bit of rain flying as the two girls ride the big bike! Chisato takes the roofs, the wind blowing in hr face! On the car, Anastasia hears the radio - it's about a Colonel from the Japanese military, Tejada, talking about rebuilding from terrorist attacks. He denies it has anything tod o with M
[20:09] <Kotono> He denies it has anything tod o with Magnum Deus 666 when asked. To that your target hums a bit, chuckling. "Stupid...probably some left over Arabs or Muslims..."
[20:09] * Karuma-chan follows at a reasonable distance, not wanting to arouse any suspicion. This is rather tame, all things considered, even with Chizuru pressed up against her, so she occupies herself a bit by pondering potential car accidents along the route as they ride along Tokyo's roads.
[20:09] <Kotono> There are several places for a good accident here, Karuma can note. She could investigate several..
[20:09] <Kotono> roll 2d8
[20:09] <Reikobot> Kotono rolled : 2d8 --> [ 2d8=13 ]{13}
[20:11] * Chizuru-san enjoys the ride. For a pursuit, it was somewhat pleasant. The wind blowing her hair... it was oddly free. Her grasp tight, she just keeps her sight straight, attentive to the road and the car.
[20:13] * Chisato just jumps from roof to roof, moving and hopping along in her power armor seifuku. There wasn't much else to do for her, just to watch and move.
[20:14] <Kotono> As he drives down, he comes to an apartment building. This looks to be, it, but - as he stops, a cell phone rings from inside his pocket. He takes it out, "Hello?" he speaks, the vioce on the other end very quiet, hard for Anastasia to hear.
[20:15] * Ana-chan strains her hearing, pressing her ear tightly to the roof of the car in order to pick up the other person's voice.
[20:15] <Kotono> He keeps driving, slowing down as he looks for a parking space. OOC - Body check based on hearin and noticing things, Ana
[20:15] <Ana-chan> roll 2d8 for hearing, target 17
[20:15] <Reikobot> Ana-chan rolled : 2d8 for hearing, target 17 --> [ 2d8=11 ]{11}
[20:16] * Karuma-chan likewise slows down, coming to a stop at the end of the street, well away from the apartment. "Pretty direct route... should be easy to see any deviations tomorrow, at least," she notes quietly to Chizuru.
[20:17] <Kotono> It's a rather quiet voice, "An hour late tomorrow - stay an hour late at work." The voice speaks once and then hangs up. Your target shakes his head, sighing. "...dammit."
[20:18] * Ana-chan looses her grip, moving quietly into a crouch on the roof as the car comes to a halt - no sense in getting fingers stuck in doors as they open, after all.
[20:19] * Chizuru-san nods silently. The question is whether he'd be available for that kind of surveillance, however.
[20:19] <Kotono> roll 2d8
[20:19] <Reikobot> Kotono rolled : 2d8 --> [ 2d8=6 ]{6}
[20:20] <Kotono> So he gets out, closing the door behind him. He glances back a moment, vaguely in Anastasia's direction. HE blinks his eyes hard and long...
[20:21] <Kotono> "...must be tired," he rubs his eyes a moment later, turning away.
[20:22] * Ana-chan feels her heart start again - not hard to tell when he stopped and turned to look her way, but at least the field seems to be holding. She waits for the target to enter the building before daring to move again, though.
[20:23] <Kotono> He heads inside - as you do, you can hear a child call, "Daddy! Mommy said I had a good day today, and I could come down ehre since I'm dry!" A little child's happy calling, the pitter patter of tiny feet as he enters the apartment foyer.
[20:24] * Ana-chan takes the distraction of the child to slip off the top of the car, using it as cover to conceal herself from the building's entrance.
[20:24] <Kotono> This is easily done, Anastasia getting needed and successful distance between herself and the car!
[20:24] <Kotono> *door.
[20:24] <Karuma-chan> "Looks like we're done, here," Karuma decides, wheeling her bike around before roaring off to meet Anastasia and Chisato away from here.
[20:25] * Chisato nods, leaving her transciever on to record his movements, and heading off to meet with the others after detransforming.
[20:27] * Ana-chan slips out of the parking lot silently, moving like a shadow as she heads off in the direction of Karuma's motorcycle - at least she's learned the sound of the engine, so it's not terribly hard to track anymore even at a distance.
[20:29] <Karuma-chan> And so the gang head back to Alexandria's mansion to discuss their dry run and plot their next move! "Seemed like a pretty straightforward trip," Karuma notes. "We should be able to easily tell as soon as he deviates from it."
[20:30] * Chizuru-san nods. "Assuming he uses that very car to do his secret biddings, tracking him down should be a cinch."
[20:32] <Ana-chan> "There may be a catch, though," Ana says with a slight frown, still clad in white as the trio enter the mansion. "He received a phone call just as he arrived - I could barely hear the person on the other end, but he was told to wait at work for an extra hour tomorrow night - 'an hour late tomorrow', was the message."
[20:33] * Chisato nods and hmms. "Makes for more waiting, but oh well...we'll just have to watch him and wait...though I think perhaps..." she frowns. "I may simply be overworried, but I somewhat want to keep an eye on him inside the building."
[20:33] <Karuma-chan> "Wait?" Karuma frowns a bit. "That seems to imply that someone collects him, rather than him going to see them himself." She nods towards Chisato, "I agree. He might not depart how we expect."
[20:35] * Ana-chan grimaces. "Oh, that should just be a JOY," Ana grumbles. "I don't doubt I can get inside, but hiding in plain sight in the middle of a police station is not my idea of a fun Friday evening."
[20:37] * Karuma-chan smiles. "I don't know, it could be fun. Let me see if I can whip up something tonight to make getting in a bit easier - for those of us that can't turn invisible. Who actually wants to go inside and who'll wait outside?" she asks the others.
[20:38] <Ana-chan> "I'll be inside - I can easily stay out of sight as I did tonight, although I hate to tempt fate TOO much. I almost worried he spotted something when he got out of the car."
[20:40] <Chisato> "I...would rather wait outside. I can look inside to some degree from out there, and I'm hardly the most subtle or inconspicuous of persons," Chisato coughs lightly.
[20:41] <Chizuru-san> "I'll stay outside as well. I'm about as inconspicuous as Chisato, and that wouldn't bide well for the mission."
[20:41] * Karuma-chan nods agreeably. "Fair enough, just me and Ana, then. If you'll excuse me," she stands up, "I have to do a bit of tampering with police records." With a devilish smile on her lips, the blue-haired young woman departs.
[20:43] <Ana-chan> "Better her than me," Ana says with a wry smile, stretching a bit. "I may as well stay this way until tomorrow at this rate - I doubt we'll be going anywhere else until the mission tomorrow."
[20:44] <Kotono> OOC - Okay, you have some prep to do, Karuma-chan?
[20:44] <Karuma-chan> OOC: yes. #evil, if the others are continuing in here?
[20:46] <Kotono> OOC: Okay, sure. Go ahead in there and describe what you're trying to do/setup.
[20:55] <Chisato> "Mmmm...probably not, though I'll need to go home for a bit," Chisato agrees, adding a few notes in a notebook. "Mmm..."
[20:57] * Chizuru-san pokes Chisato curiously, with a vaguely malicious smirk. "What are you looking at in there, Chisato-sama?"
[21:18] <Ana-chan> "You have plans, Chisato-san?" Ana says curiously. "I was a bit curious what you usually do outside of 'work' - of course I get to talk with Karuma, since she's staying here, and we both met Chizuru-san a few days ago shopping."
[21:24] * Chisato looks up, blushing and closing the notebook. "I'm a stay at home mom," she answers dryly, snickering. "Mostly just research and drafting at home, and taking my daughter places. Ocassionally I go out."
[21:25] * Chizuru-san snickers. "You sound overtly dedicated. It doesn't sound like you have much fun going out."
[21:27] <Chisato> "Hm? Oh, no, that's just private is all," Chisato answers, smiling easily. "My life is pretty boring to most people, filled with computers and drawings and machinery."
[21:28] * Ana-chan grins. "You could probably say the same for mine, if not worse," the blonde replies, shaking her head. "Unless your idea of exciting is practicing jazz pieces and keeping in shape for this job."
[21:28] * Chizuru-san nods. "I guess I can relate to it somewhat. I spend a lot of time with chemical experiments."
[21:29] <Chizuru-san> "The point is that job lifes aren't much in the way of excitement. Which is fine."
[21:32] <Ana-chan> "Well, the only 'job' I have at this point is for Alexandria," Ana counters. "I didn't see a lot of point in keeping a job at the jazz club where I used to work, since I was making next to nothing there in any event."
[21:34] <Chizuru-san> "Well, that is a point. But normal jobs are generally somewhat mind-numbing, even if you love the subject. I guess that, if I didn't have my own little experiments at home, the university labs would drive me insane", Chizuru capitulates.
[21:47] <Chisato> "That's about right," Chisato nods, sighing. "I used to do machining for people, but they didnt' want to let me use my toys, or do anything other than what they wantded me to - mass gunsmithing, mostly," she shrugs, giving a small snort.
[21:49] <Ana-chan> "Ugh, I know that feeling," Anastasia replies with a scowl. "There's nothing worse than not being able to choose your own way - I hate it when I'm not allowed to decide things for myself."
[21:52] <Chizuru-san> "It's... obnoxious, yes. We have a lot of interesting creative impulses that just don't have much place in the world of work, really. I don't mind that all that much, considering I have my outlets. But depositing all your creative force and hope into a typical job is... well."
[21:54] * Chisato nods, glowering for half a moment. "Pretty much...mmmm. But, that's behind me, mostly," she murmurs, smiling slightly. "Only a few bumps...and I can't begrudge most of them so far."
[21:56] <Ana-chan> "True enough!" Ana returns with a bright smile. "Let the bad times stay in the past where they belong, yes?" She shakes her head a bit at Chizuru's words. "Honestly, Chizuru-san, I have no idea what I COULD be doing if I wasn't in this particular line of work. It's all I was ever trained to do, and most people aren't too... welcoming? to try a blind person in most jobs."
[22:14] * Chizuru-san nods sagaciously. "Indeed. Granted, you at least has the advantage of working very well - and that compared to someone not impaired by any disability. It's a pity that such skill matters a lot less than it should in general."
[22:19] * Ana-chan snorts. "About the only thing I imagine I could do would be teach, and even that would be fairly limited. I can't imagine there are many universities out there that would be looking for a 21-year old blind lecturer on forensics."
[22:21] * Chizuru-san snorts lightly at that. "I don't know, my dear. Their standards aren't all that good if they promptly hired me."
[22:24] * Chisato shrugs a little. "Not much worse than the Yakuza taking a teenager in as a gunsmith because she hates her school," Chisato snickers, grinning. "You'd be surprised at what people will do for expertise."
[22:26] <Ana-chan> "You've been involved with organized crime, then?" Ana says somewhat neutrally. "What were the Yakuza like?"
[22:28] <Chisato> "It's how I got my start," Chisato agrees with a small shrug, humming softly. "Yakuza...tight knit, but very, very authoritarian. They want you to do their duty to them, and not question what else might happen..."
[22:30] * Ana-chan snorts. "Sounds very familiar," Ana says, shaking her head. "I was raised by a branch of the Russkaya Mafiya that was much the same - very military-like, a great deal of emphasis on following orders and never asking questions."
[22:31] <Chizuru-san> "That isn't all that different from the kind of orders you'd receive in a normal job, in a purely conceptual way. For all that we're in a strange situation here, I'd like to think we at least have a slight freedom within Alexandria's boundaries..."
[22:33] * Chisato nods, humming softly to herself. "Still...even a normal job gfromw hat I saw was a bit more flexible than that...I could at least do my own projects at home," she snorts.
[22:34] <Ana-chan> "Ah... not really, Chizuru-san," Anastasia says, looking a bit green. "I don't know about the Yakuza, but with a real job the worst discipline you could possibly face would be getting fired. The Russkaya Mafiya, or at least the branch that I knew, could be quite inventive about discipline."
[22:35] * Chizuru-san nods. "Which is why I spoke in a purely conceptual way. In practice, the consequences and rules have their own sets. The core concept is similar, but what you suffer when you disobey... well, you said it. I wouldn't want to find out myself", she finishes with a light grin.
[22:42] <Chisato> "Mmmm..." CHisato shakes ehr head. "Yeah, pretty much...that and I don't think any normal work would apprecviate me building bombs," she sighs, looking forlorn. "But then, a lot of people do, so...well, one has to go outside the law to have fun."

Ebiris

[20:49] <Karuma-chan> Returning to the privacy of her bedroom, Karuma boots up her computer, and without wasting much time, proceeds to start hacking her way into the servers of the precinct Mr Musashi works at.
[20:50] <Kotono> OOC - Skills check on computers. 1 point mod against you since I assume the police at least try some measure of competent security.
[20:51] <Karuma-chan> roll 2d8+1 target 17
[20:51] <Reikobot> Karuma-chan rolled : 2d8+1 target 17 --> [ 2d8=9 ]{10}
[20:51] <Kotono> Easy enough. Karuma hacks in after some roundabout work, achiving her aims to go on.
[20:54] <Karuma-chan> Once inside, Karuma accesses the personnel files, creating an identity for tomorrow's alter ego - Sayuri Michigawa, a nicely nondescript name, putting in all her details as if she were a member of the cleaning staff at the precinct. This way if she is challenged, any checks on her ID will be verified by the computer.
[20:57] <Kotono> This goes easily enough. One can note they use ID cards for doors in the precinct, however, as well as for photo identification.
[20:59] * Karuma-chan can fake that well enough by using telekinesis to unlock doors after waving her fake card in front of the scanner, so that shouldn't be an issue. Rooting around the servers, she tries to locate an ID card template to assist in crafting her own.
[21:00] <Kotono> There is one easily found. For security it's a very simplistic system, a bit dated. Simple magnetic strip ID cards, nothing fancy at all. The template is also simple, picture and name.
[21:01] * Karuma-chan saves it onto her computer so she can do a bit of image manipulation and the print it off for lamination after she's done here. Looking for a bit more background information, she checks the personnel file again to see where Mr Musashi works in the building - also a map if she can find one.
[21:02] <Kotono> Both are found! (Map will come tomorrowif you need the full one.)  He works on the second of three floors, in a corner office. It's a desk job and office from the looks of it, it's in the internal matters section.
[21:05] <Karuma-chan> Okay, nearly done! Now Karuma accesses the security system, having a look through the internal CCTV to spy on the police - although her reason is a rather boring one. Flipping between the cameras, she tries to locate a cleaner so she can get a look at the uniform.
[21:05] <Kotono> roll 2d8
[21:05] <Reikobot> Kotono rolled : 2d8 --> [ 2d8=8 ]{8}
[21:06] <Kotono> You find one after abotu five minutes. The women and men both wear blue jumpsuits, ID badges pinned onto the chest via clips or pins. Msot of them push carts full of supplies or push mops, all working.
[21:08] <Karuma-chan> Done, now. Karuma closes the connection and sets about making her fake ID - a quick photo from her digital camera after donning a plain black wig, boring straight hair pulled into a ponytail, and some makeup to add a few lines and make her look older, and she starts to craft her fake ID badge.
[21:09] <Kotono> OOC - Just making a prop or one that's intended to try and work?
[21:10] <Karuma-chan> OOC: Actually, with my forgery kit gadget I probably could make up a proper magnetic strip thing, and I could grab the access details from their computers, so let's make a genuine one!
[21:10] <Kotono> OOC - Make a forgery check, then. It's a pretty simple and outdated design so that's a 1 point boost.
[21:11] <Karuma-chan> roll 2d8-1 target 14
[21:11] <Reikobot> Karuma-chan rolled : 2d8-1 target 14 --> [ 2d8=5 ]{4}
[21:11] <Kotono> It goes well, soon a nice fake ID done. ITshould work like diamonds!
[21:12] * Karuma-chan stretches a bit, feeling quite pleased with herself. She can get herself a uniform tomorrow morning, but that's enough prep for tonight. Getting up, she departs to rejoin the others if they're still around.
------
[18:07] * Chisato hums to herself, adjusting the focus on her optics as she watches the interior of the precinct, just camped out on a roof. "You never have to do stakeouts in your typical work, do you? At least not in the conventional sense..." she muses, not hazarding a glance at her companion, but talking none the less.
[18:08] * Chisato sits a few feet back from the edge of the roof, enough so that those on the street shouldn't be able to see her, and just barely keeping the whole precinct in view, armored and skirted, with a black visor down over her eyes.
[18:09] * Chizuru-san muses. "Well, not really. There's little sneaking and watching in typical chemistry lab work", she finishes as she squints her eyes, trying to view the street a bit more clearly. "Do you have spare binoculars?"
[18:09] <Kotono> It takes a few moments to find a lock on your quarry. He's in his office as the floor plan suggested, working on a computer. Screen's facing away from you, so you can't get any read of what's on there, though.
[18:13] <Chisato> "In my pack...they're kinda low power, and I'm using a multi-optic compilation system to look through the walls at the moment...not sure you'll be able to see much," Chisato answers, gesturing at the large-ish purse she brought with her on this.
[18:15] <Chizuru-san> "Well, it's an improvement over plain sight", Chizuru nods while rummaging through Chisato's purse. "I don't really ask for that much, I just want to have a somewhat better overall view. Ah, found it", she finishes while taking a binocular out and closing the purse.
[18:17] <Chisato> "True enough," Chisato agrees, adjusting her seating, but not doing much else than looking and watcing their target for now.
[18:18] <Kotono> As two others work away, yous ee him get up. He starts to pace, talking on a cell phone.
[18:27] <Chisato> "Anastasia, he's on his cellphone, if you could get listening to it...you might already be, but just thought I'd give you heads up," Chisato murmurs into her headset, sending off to the blind and invisible girl.
[18:28] <Kotono> Meanwhile it starts to drizzle rain - oddly, stormclouds are coming to gather with an alarming speed.
[18:29] * Chizuru-san glances up to the sky with an annoyed expression. "Oh, great. A storm is coming up..."
[18:33] <Kotono> Indeed, the sky is starting to rumble. Odd, the weatehr reports didn't say anything about storms. Meanwhile, the cell phone is put down and away, your target sitting in his office. He looks nervous and restless, awaiting.
[18:35] <Chisato> "Ew..." Chisato sighs, glowering, but keeping her attention focused on the man. "Cell conversation over, Anastasia."
[18:38] <Kotono> A military man enters Chisato's field of vision. He goes into Musuashi's office, the uniform of an officer...? OOC - Mind check, Chisato.
[18:39] <Chisato> roll 2d8 target 12
[18:39] <Chisato> roll 2d8 target 12
[18:39] <Reikobot> Chisato rolled : 2d8 target 12 --> [ 2d8=7 ]{7}
[18:43] * Chisato records him, noting down the man's presence, name, and relevance. He probably has something to do with it. "Military man in the office with him, a Lieutenant-Colonel Yoshiyuki Tajeda," Chisato informs Anastasia.
[18:47] <Kotono> They're talking. Musashi looks upset for a few moments, but quickly calms down as the military man sits.  They're talking and discussing - Musashi is calming down.
[18:49] <Chisato> "So there's this guy that was on the news...he was denying the existence of our employers," Chisato talks casually to Chizuru, recording the whole thing. "They're having a not so friendly and kind of stressed out conversation."
[18:52] * Chizuru-san nods and considers for a moment. "Hm. That's... probably not great for us. I'm certain they're aware of us by now, so this hunt should get more interesting. Hmm... they're probably arguing regarding how to get him out of here without us getting a hold of him."
[18:54] <Kotono> Indeed - except Musashi is rapidly calming down. The Lt. Colonel rises, reaching into his pocket. He leaves his hand there, going on. There's a faint flash of yellow...(Hold this for a few to sync up the others.)
[19:02] <Kotono> For just half a second you see...you aren't sure what you see? An illusion? Color dazzled eyes see something...but when the flash is over, only your target is in the office. The military officer is gone.
[19:06] <Chisato> "...Holy..." Chisato bites back a number of curses. "The military officer just...vanished, in a flash of light or -something-," she whispers, almost hissing into the com.
[19:09] <Kotono> In a brilliant moment the storm breaks! All at once, three thunderclaps, flashes of light and buckets of rain! Like a plug was pulled, rain gushing down!
[19:12] <Kotono> The target's out of the office, heading out!
[19:12] <Chisato> "He's moving," Chizuru adds, keeping a watchful eye on the man through the walls.
[19:13] <Chisato> *Chisato
[19:17] <Kotono> He is! Out into those desks and area, heading towards the elevators. Looks pretty routine an exit so far.
[19:28] <Kotono> So they get onto the elevators. So does Karuma, too!
[19:28] * Chisato just keeps on watching, watching and waiting for anything she can interfere with.
[19:34] <Kotono> They're just about on the ground floor now.
[19:34] <Kotono> Elevator's about to open, and it's not far to exit points from there.
[19:38] * Chisato just waits, ever patient, ever watching.
[19:39] <Kotono> They're outside now! Target is outside and the other two are following!
[19:45] * Chisato stands/me checks on all her homing devices to really truly be sure they're good to go.
[19:45] <Kotono> Chisato finds her homing devises are working fine!
[19:46] * Chisato stands, ready to follow him on the rooftops. Not like Chizuru would be able to follow anyway. "Alright..."
[19:52] <Kotono> So Chisato starts to follow! But his is a problem - he's setting a helluva  pace, zooming down the streets! It's gonnab e hard to keep up on foot, even on the roofs!
[19:56] * Chisato winces, still trying ot keep up, or at least stay in a position to tail him or -something-. They can't let him lose them just by the vehicle...
[19:56] <Kotono> OOC - Body check, with speed/acrobatics helping out as they can.
[19:57] <Chisato> roll 2d8 target 8
[19:57] <Reikobot> Chisato rolled : 2d8 target 8 --> [ 2d8=10 ]{10}
[19:58] <Kotono> After a few blocks, Chisato has to stop and catch her breath. Dammit, just too fast as it is right now!
[20:00] * Chisato growls to herself, panting and just letting her view of his route take up more of her HUD, tracking him.
[20:02] <Kotono> But a break coems! He gets into an accident, giving Chisato some time to catch up and get closer if she wishes!
[20:03] * Chisato does so! No rest for the wicked! She starts hopping again, trying to move up closer and get into a vantage.
[20:04] <Kotono> OOC - I'll catch you up in a few lines.
[20:18] <Kotono> Soon enough Chisato is back, rooftop hopping finished! She can see the scene down below, Musashi gasping for air!
[20:19] * Chisato settles in on her rooftop, watching the man rather carefully. This could get weird and bad very quick.
[20:21] <Kotono> He just collapses, falling over. What a nasty wreck, too.
------
[17:54] <Kotono> Five PM fast approaches! With Chisato and Chizuru watching from afar(#terrorofdunes , you two.), the two prepare for the shift change!
[18:01] * Ana-chan takes a few moments to prepare, fading from sight without too much trouble in a nearby alley. With that accomplished, she heads out to join Karuma in entering the station itself.
[18:01] * Karuma-chan lingers unobtrusively outside the station for a bit until she sees some other people entering, and then falls in behind them to enter, just another face in the crowd.
[18:04] <Kotono> So Karuma heads out! There's a few dozen people heading in. Many of them look to be night shift - a few officers, some clerical staff, a single disgrunted janitor and so on. They use the main door to go inside, swiping a timeclock just inside there.
[18:06] * Ana-chan slips in quickly behind Karuma, dodging the flow of people moving in and out to keep her presence from being detected.
[18:07] <Karuma-chan> As she passes by the timeclock, Karuma swipes her own fake ID card through it before heading in the doors, assuming it works, anyway.
[18:08] <Kotono> It bleeps once, then a mechanical 'Transaction Accepted' sounds. No one even bats an eye at Karuma as it is.
[18:09] * Karuma-chan smiles smugly at her handiwork, heading inside and briefly thinking back to the floorplans she swiped last night. Need to find a cleaning supplies cupboard first and then head up to Mr Musashi's department...
[18:11] * Ana-chan wastes little time on preparation, heading directly up to the area where Musashi works, counting on her field to keep her out of view.
[18:14] <Kotono> There is a storage closet a few halls down. You pass no one of real note, just a few cops, one of them giving you a brief 'passing someone I don't know or like in the hallway's ort of smile. The closet itself has an old style key lock on it, but it's been left ajar.
[18:16] * Karuma-chan returns the empty smiles, looking like nothing more than a world weary thirty-something woman thanks to some skillful makeup use, her wig of straight black hair only adding to her generic-ness. Heading inside the conveniently empty closet, Karuma collects a cleaning cart and a bunch of bin bags - she can empty the bins around their target's department!
[18:18] <Kotono> No one notices you again. There's only one cart in this closet, though, but the supplies are otherwise quite plentiful.
[18:20] <Kotono> ./join #cowwoods I'm so glad I'm not fucking logging this.
[18:20] <Kotono> OOC - Wrong channel. >_
------
[18:22] <Kotono> So Ana slips away! It's not far to an elevator, a few people clustered around and waiting there. Most aren't of notice - cops and a few cleaning staff, but a man in a military uniform is also there. He's sharp and attentative, back to you but clearly an officer from the design of his uniform. Just past them are some stairs up as well.
[18:24] * Ana-chan heads for the stairs - her invisibility field is too large to risk an elevator with several occupants, as it'll likely hit SOMEONE's vision and the blackout would alert people that SOMETHING was up.
[18:24] <Kotono> roll 2d8
[18:24] <Kotono> roll 2d8
[18:24] * Hatbot --> "Kotono rolls 2d8 and gets 7." [2d8=5, 2]
[18:25] <Chisato> "Anastasia, he's on his cellphone, if you could get listening to it...you might already be, but just thought I'd give you heads up," Chisato murmurs into her headset, sending off to the blind and invisible girl.
[18:26] * Ana-chan quickens her pace up the stairs, trying to get to the man's office to catch the phone call if she can - too many walls in the way to try listening for it now.
[18:27] <Kotono> So Anastasia heads up! But someone's going down the stairs as she goes up - two people, taking up most of the stair as she's halfway up! They're two men, chatting! "...then I slammed his head into the back of the squad car! Knocked the piss right outta the punk!"
[18:29] * Ana-chan grimaces, trying to gauge whether she can slip between the two at all - backing up as she does so. If she can break past them quickly the brief flash of darkness will probably get written off as nothing, but best not to risk it until she's sure she can break past the pair cleanly.
[18:30] <Kotono> It's a small gap, but it looks doablish - but she needs to make her choice quick, they're coming!
[18:31] * Ana-chan steps back and takes her shot, leaping over the pair's heads to land on the other side!
[18:31] <Kotono> OOC - Body check. Speed based if that helps you at all.
[18:34] <Ana-chan> roll 2d8 for body check with acrobatics, target 12
[18:34] * Hatbot --> "Ana-chan rolls 2d8 for body check with acrobatics, target 12 and gets 8." [2d8=4, 4]
[18:36] <Kotono> With a flip, Anastasia bounds over and lands. A harsh moment of waiting, and then, "...anyway, so I booked him for assauting an officer, breaking and entering and allt hat good stuff."
[18:37] <Chisato> "Cell conversation is over, Anastasia," Chisato's words whisper to her colleague.
[18:37] * Ana-chan moves quickly up the stairs, not wanting to get caught in such a tight place against if she can help it.
[18:41] <Kotono> Out you go! You're near some elevators, a lobby ahead and not much now between you, the open area and then the office where your target is.
[18:42] * Ana-chan moves quickly towards the office, keeping alert for anyone else roaming the halls and giving them a wide berth if they come her direction.
[18:42] <Chisato> "Military man in the office with him, a Lieutenant-Colonel Yoshiyuki Tajeda," Chisato informs Anastasia.
[18:46] <Kotono> Odd. Karuma got there ahead of you, starting to a circuit of the open desk area. How'd she...odd. Did you lose track of some time or fall into a time rift? Quite odd indeed.
[18:48] * Ana-chan doesn't bother with the detail for now, making a beeline for Musashi's office, using the man's voice as a beacon to help her pinpoint the correct room.
[18:51] <Kotono> OOC - Body check for listening. Shouldn't be hard.
[18:52] <Ana-chan> roll 2d8 for hearing, target 17
[18:52] * Hatbot --> "Ana-chan rolls 2d8 for hearing, target 17 and gets 12." [2d8=7, 5]
[18:55] <Kotono> You can here them. "...is appreciative. I have to admit...you aren't a normal police officer. You've done well indeed." His voice is a little chittering and rather strong - very strong, as a mater of fact.
[18:55] <Kotono> "Thank you...it's all for my family." Musashi goes on, a little nervous but only barely showing in his tone.
[18:56] * Ana-chan presses herself against the wall next to the door, focusing on the conversation within but also keeping aware of people that might chance to walk past her, too.
[18:58] <Kotono> It's that sound. The off rustling of something jewel like. It's a sound like the one you heard at the mansion, but this one is darker. You hear a moan at the same time, an undercurrent to the sound.
[18:59] * Ana-chan scowls, straining her hearing - can she still hear both of the men inside? Has anything changed since that tone sounded?
[19:01] <Kotono> Anastasia feels it first - it's a feeling against her skin. A feeling of something...hmph. It's thrilling and chilling all at once, but over that, a feeling of raw power dominates! (More)
[19:03] <Kotono> It's past in af ew seconds, but that strange shimmer of a sound lingers in Anastasia's ears. ITs'...almost indescriable.
[19:04] <Kotono> You don't hear any talking in there anymore, nto right now.
[19:06] <Chisato> "...Holy..." Chisato bites back a number of curses. "The military officer just...vanished, in a flash of light or -something-," she whispers, almost hissing into the com.
[19:10] * Ana-chan makes a face unseen. She's going to have some definite questions for Alexandria when they get back to the mansion, that much is certain.
[19:12] <Kotono> As she does Musashi comes out. He's smiling broadly, striding out with new confidence. Indeed, he looks different, stronger. His face is more angular, eyes much more alert. No bloodshot eyes, no legs dragging from a long day at work. He just looks...energized. Some of this Anastasia can ken, some she can't, but her target is moving!
[19:12] * Ana-chan lets Musashi get a bit of a lead before she moves to follow, keeping a bit of space between them.
[19:14] <Kotono> So Anastasia begins to follow! She can see Karuma finishing up her cleaning, while the few faces left here are blinking from the flash, but calling out g'night to him.
[19:19] * Ana-chan pays little mind to the others (aside from Karuma, who seems to be making her departure as well), sticking to the target instead.
[19:20] <Kotono> So the two head along, towards the elevator, in tandem even if they don't know it!
[19:20] <Kotono> OOC - Okay, mmm. Lemme do #dunes a bit and decide if these need to merge or not. It's a bit tricky since you're invisible.
[19:22] <Kotono> As you reach it, Karuma and Musashi await! Musashi makes a rather rude comment to her, looking the disguised woman up and down before brushing her off with a comment.
[19:24] * Ana-chan squeezes herself into the corner of the elevator, doing her best to keep the invisibility field as small as she can - and staying as far away from Musashi as she can. Karuma running into it would probably be disorienting for the other girl, but not disastrous, at least.
------
[18:20] <Karuma-chan> Stocking up, Karuma makes her way out and heads up to the department Mr Musashi works in, content to take her time - they've got the better part of an hour to go, so less time lingering around there is better.
[18:26] <Kotono> The second floor is mostly cool offices, large lobbies, storage areas for files and so on. The heat is on, a merry warmth the police precinct. It's rather clean and white floored, a man buffing the floors out as you pass. No one even glances at you funny...
[18:28] * Karuma-chan isn't exactly doing anything to stand out. Strolling along as she pushes her cart, Karuma makes her along the halls towards the office her computer hacking indicated Mr Musashi works in.
[18:29] <Kotono> As you pass by another elevator, a few people come out. One is a man in a military uniform, an officer. He's clean cut and shaven, perhaps thirty at the most. He glances about, even looking at the cleaning girl passing him by.
[18:31] * Karuma-chan doesn't betray any reaction to the army man's inspection of the surroundings, just continuing to shuffle along behind her cleaning cart with her head down. Nope, nothing interesting here but another jaded working stiff.
[18:32] <Kotono> He goes along quickly, in the same direction you are -t owards Musashi's department. HIs step is quick and precise, down the halls with posters about police business, charities and warnings. Not the bearing of a normal person, sharp and alert.
[18:34] <Karuma-chan> Karuma's own bearing is slow and ponderous, letting the military man race ahead of her while she trudges onwards, taking her time.
[18:36] <Kotono> He gets ahead - there's one lobby, a set of desks and offices and then the corner where your target is. He's ahead of you, still going in that direction.
[18:37] * Karuma-chan briefly looks up to identify her target, intending to keep him in her peripheral vision at all times. That done, she begins ever so slowly working her way around the office, emptying the wastebaskets under the desks into her cart and replacing the bags in them with fresh ones.
[18:38] <Kotono> You can't see him - he has an office and the door is closed. Well, it would be, if the military man wasn't going into that office.
[18:42] * Karuma-chan briefly looks up to identify her target's office, intending to keep it in her peripheral vision at all times. That done, she begins ever so slowly working her way around the office area, emptying the wastebaskets under the desks into her cart and replacing the bags in them with fresh ones.
[18:51] <Kotono> The door is quietly closed, but you can easily see the office. There's some chatting going on in there, you think?
[18:53] * Karuma-chan does her best to observe through the window without seeming too obvious about it while playing the role of office cleaner. Yep, this is the less glamourous side of her job that you never see in the movies - why do people throw half-full coffee cups in their bins? Really, now!
[18:56] <Kotono> You can just see the military man in there, standing up and talking. Looks like a nice, normal conversation so far?
[18:56] <Kotono> Well, you get a glimpse of Musashi. He looks a little annoyed, confused but mostly calm. Only scant few people are about, none even giving you a second look, but almost all are gone.
[18:57] * Karuma-chan idly wonders what their target is doing talking with a member of the armed forces, and if it has anything to do with his impending disappearing act. Hopefully Anastasia's able to overhear them - for her part she continues her ruse, waiting for a chance to tail Mr Musashi after he leaves.
[18:59] <Kotono> Karuma happens to get a little closer by route - not too close, but slightly closer. As this happens...(More)
[19:01] <Kotono> A faint flash of yellow light comes from Musashi's office, abrupt and sudden. Did al ightbulb burst? But it's an odd flash, the color strange and off.
[19:02] * Karuma-chan blinks at that odd display, angling herself for a better view into the office. It's strange enough that anyone would look twice!
[19:03] <Kotono> So Karuma does! She can notice that Musashi is just standing up, and the military man in there simply isn't in there anymroe.
[19:04] <Karuma-chan> Okay... the plot most definitely thickens. Seeing Mr Musashi starting to get up, she finishes off with the last bin, getting ready to leave...
[19:11] <Kotono> So Karuma finishes! As she does Musashi comes out. He's smiling broadly, striding out with new confidence. Indeed, he looks different, stronger. His face is more angular, eyes much more alert. No bloodshot eyes, no legs dragging from a long day at work. He just looks...energized.
[19:12] <Karuma-chan> Oh, something is most definitely up. Not wanting to appear like she's obviously following him, Karuma starts to head out back the way she came with her cart, but keeps her pace slow enough that he can overtake her and then she can start following.
[19:16] <Kotono> He passes her by, not even a pause as he passes the cleaning wench.
[19:17] * Karuma-chan follows at a decent distance to avoid suspicion, slipping her cart into a cleaning cupboard once she passes one and then continuing to sedately pursue her quarry.
[19:18] <Kotono> He's making very good speed, going right to the elevators.
[19:19] <Karuma-chan> Dropping off her cart, Karuma follows to the elevator herself, intending to get in the same one he gets.
[19:21] <Kotono> The elevator takes a few moments. As it does, he glances back. He's smiling - it's a happy smile, a viciously happy smile! "Hello there," he says, glancing up and down over Karuma. He doesn't seem to like what he sees, snorting and turning back.
[19:22] <Karuma-chan> "He-" Karuma begins before being brusquely dismissed. She gapes for a moment in stupefied shock at the back of his head. What a jerk! Oh, she's so going to enjoy killing him!
[19:23] <Kotono> He bounces on the soles of his feet, bursting with energy. For a slightly fat guy in his 30s, he looks incredibly vigorous now.  His hands open and close, over and over and over. "Mmmm! Just...mmmm!" He stretches back, grinning.
[19:25] <Karuma-chan> Well, admittedly, Karuma doesn't look so great for a teenager right now, but still! Even with her makeup and genericness, she'd think she'd make a reasonably attractive thirtysomething. But he just dismissed her like she was some sort of troll! Masking her features into blank neutrality, the young esper/assassin simply waits for the elevator. The sooner she figures out his secret the sooner she can kill him.
[19:26] <Kotono> With a DING the elevator opens...(Sec, #cowwoods.)
[19:27] <Kotono> Musashi strides in, standing right by the buttons on the left front side.
[19:29] * Ana-chan heads quickly for the right rear corner, squeezing herself into the corner to keep as far away from Musashi as she can.
[19:29] * Karuma-chan steps in and stands on the right hand side a bit behind Musashi. "Ground floor," she requests neutrally.
[19:31] <Kotono> Nothing happens as Musashi hits the button down! As he does, he just turns and grins. His eyes are hyper focused, nearly all white as he stares at Karuma.
[19:33] * Karuma-chan raises an eyebrow at the scrutiny. Just what does he know? Hmm... "Yes?" she asks meekly, deciding that not responding at all to such an odd stare would only seem more suspicious.
[19:34] <Kotono> roll 2d8
[19:34] * Hatbot --> "Kotono rolls 2d8 and gets 15." [2d8=8, 7]
[19:34] <Kotono> But he just turns back, humming to himself. Humming quietly, off key but energetically. Down adn down you go, the soft ding of the elevator announcing the door is about to open.
[19:35] * Ana-chan remains silent, finding this to be extremely odd. What the hell is the connection between that chiming noise and the abundance of energy? Something similar had happened to Alexandria, too.
[19:36] * Karuma-chan waits for the door to open, standing back enough that it's only natural for Musashi to leave first. He seems energetic and rude enough not to bother with a ladies first gesture, anyway.
[19:36] <Kotono> The door opens, and once it does, he heads out and towards the main doors to the parking lot. He's wasting no time at all.
[19:37] * Ana-chan quickly moves after Musashi, not waiting for Karuma to exit as she keeps up the tail.
[19:38] * Karuma-chan follows as well, her own bike waiting outside. He'll probably get a bit away from her while she goes there, but she can get an update on his car's location from Chisato once she gets moving.
[19:39] <Kotono> So outside you go! It's pouring buckets out here! Rain slams down and lighting hammers! When did a storm roll in, anyway? He goes right for his car, rain not stopping him at all!
[19:39] * Ana-chan silently curses at the rain - it's going to make hanging onto the car harder than usual, but hop onto it she does all the same, waiting for the door to slam to leap onto the roof.
[19:41] <Karuma-chan> Oh, how utterly miserable! Karuma's bike is parked out on the street, so she heads through the car park, past Musashi and his car. Wiping her face and smearing off most of the makeup thanks to the rain, she reaches her motorbike and quickly unlocks the seat, discarding her wig and putting on her helmet followed by her leather jacket and then mounting the vehicle.
[19:41] <Karuma-chan> "Homing device working, Chisato?" she asks into the microphone she has in the helmet.
[19:43] <Kotono> The top of the car is slippery wet with rain. Anastasia can tell this is going to -suck-, to use the common vernacular. Holding on should be a feat, even as he gets in and slams the door shut!
[19:44] <Chisato> "Yep," Chisato agrees, checking on them.
[19:45] <Kotono> Chisato finds her homing device is working just fine.
[19:46] * Ana-chan decides to be somewhat more risky, gripping at the sides of the car and holding to the top of the door. There's slightly higher risk of being detected, but it's that or getting thrown off the car - from the way he was moving earlier, she's half afraid this is going to be anything BUT the sedate ride home of yesterday.
[19:47] <Kotono> Anastasia quickly finds out she's right! Like a bat outta hell he takes out, burning rubber as he guns it! He's quickly out of the lot, doing 65 in a 35 MPH zone! Myyyyyyy! OOC - Body check with a 1 point penalty. While your position helps a lot, it's still wet as hell and he's gunning it.
[19:47] <Ana-chan> roll 2d8 oh god target 8
[19:47] * Hatbot --> "Ana-chan rolls 2d8 oh god target 8 and gets 12." [2d8=6, 6]
[19:48] <Kotono> OOC - Make a second generic body check,s ince you're probably taking ab it of a fall and I wanna see how you hold up.
[19:49] <Ana-chan> roll 2d8 body check, target 13 for tumbling
[19:49] * Hatbot --> "Ana-chan rolls 2d8 body check, target 13 for tumbling and gets 3." [2d8=1, 2]
[19:51] <Kotono> As he tears around a corner, Anastasia can't hold on! She flies off, hurtling towards the road and sidewalk! But with a quick movement she ends up in a rough roll, landing against a building, not even hitting any walkers in her daze! (2 points of damage from light bruising and the like, though.) OOC - Also, waiting on a KARUMACHAN line.
[19:53] <Karuma-chan> Seeing her target tearing off, Karuma is only just starting to gun the engine by the time he's halfway down the street. Still, she's confident in her bike and her skills - with a roar, her Diablo takes off through Neo Tokyo's streets after Mr Musashi's automobile!
[19:54] * Ana-chan checks for any bystanders in the area - hopefully the streets will be empty with this rain, and there's no point in remaining invisible now.
[19:54] <Kotono> They're mostly empty - a few people are running about to try and escape it, but that's normal.
[19:54] <Kotono> OOC - Sec need to check your sheet, Karuma.
[19:56] * Ana-chan ducks into the nearest cover she can find, dropping the field as she does so and heading back out to the street - hopefully Karuma can stop long enough for a pickup, but other than that she's going to have to try to meet up with Chisato and Chizuru - there's no way she can pace that speed demon on foot.
[19:56] <Kotono> OOC - Let's just have you do a driving check here, Karuma.
[19:56] <Karuma-chan> OOC: which stat?
[19:57] <Kotono> OOC - Body here.
[19:57] <Karuma-chan> roll 2d8 target 11
[19:57] * Hatbot --> "Karuma-chan rolls 2d8 target 11 and gets 10." [2d8=3, 7]
[19:58] <Kotono> So Karuma is able to keep pace! He gets down a long main street, reaching about 80 MPH as he races on! He's weaving between traffic insanely, going all out in his frantic, frenetic drive! Karuma is able to keep up, as...
[19:58] <Kotono> roll 2d8
[19:58] * Hatbot --> "Kotono rolls 2d8 and gets 13." [2d8=5, 8]
[19:59] <Kotono> WHAM! The sound of fender meeting fender is heard! His four door slams into the back of a little compact car, metal crunching into metal as both spin out like tops hit too hard!
[20:00] <Kotono> With a flip is car goes over, on it's side as it's front is smashed! The other car is a totalled rear, going onto the sidewalk and nearly hitting the buidligns just off of it!
[20:01] * Karuma-chan skids to a stop, veering off to the edge of the road at the crash ahead. Well. Looks like he sure isn't going anywhere, tonight. "He just crashed," she announces into the microphone for her colleagues. "Flipped right over... I don't think he'll be going anywhere but the hospital, now."
[20:03] <Kotono> With a CRUNCH the passenger door to his car flies off and hits the ground! Slowly Musashi crawls out, grinning from ear to ear! He's barely hurt, only a trickle of blood down his face from a forehead cut!
[20:04] * Ana-chan digs out her microphone. "Where are you, Karuma? I was thrown from the car almost as soon as he started."
[20:04] <Karuma-chan> "Is he on drugs or something?" Karuma quietly marvels, watching the display and wondering just what the heck he'll do, now. Hearing Anastasia's voice, she replies, identifying the street she's on.
[20:05] * Ana-chan takes off running, moving as quickly as she can to rendezvous with the other assassin.
[20:06] <Kotono> It'sa bout four blocks away - it'll take Anastasia  afew to get here in the rain. In the thunderstorm cars have stopped, motorists staring! Shops and office buildings line the area, flashy places the scene! Musashi leaps to the ground, staggering a bit but grinning further has he approaches the car. He says something, lost in the rain patter and horn honking!
[20:07] <Karuma-chan> This is just too bizarre. Karuma fits right in with everyone else, at least, simply watching the strange drama unfolding before her.
[20:16] <Kotono> roll 2d8
[20:16] * Hatbot --> "Kotono rolls 2d8 and gets 6." [2d8=2, 4]
[20:16] <Kotono> Musashi wobbles a moment, falling to his handsa nd knees! He huffs air and on out like a bellows, shaking all over!
[20:18] * Karuma-chan feels somewhat at a loss. He's clearly not going to be doing anything constructive, tonight, but all the same she can't just call off the surveillance while he's still on the loose, and especially acting so strangely. Still, interfering directly is not on the cards, so she continues to mutely observe from her bike about fifty metres away from the crash.
[20:19] * Ana-chan arrives on the scene, halting before going out to meet Karuma. Musashi's odd behavior hasn't gone unobserved by her either, but no need for her rather unique appearance at present to make an appearance and an impression on all those witnesses out there. Instead, she just turns her ears towards Musashi, listening for anything unusual.
[20:20] <Kotono> He looks up a bit, then at his hands...and then just falls over, seemingly unconcious.
[20:20] <Kotono> Meanwhile a motorist is out of his car, on a cell phone and staring. "...yes, there was a crash, and..."
[20:21] <Karuma-chan> "Oh, hi, Anastasia," Karuma greets the blonde Russian, getting off her bike so she can open the seat and hand the spare helmet over. "I think we're done, tonight."
[20:22] <Ana-chan> "I think so," Ana agrees, shaking her head to throw at least SOME of the excess water out of it before donning the helmet. "I'd like to know what happened back there, though."
[20:23] <Karuma-chan> "I think he got drugged up," Karuma shrugs, remounting her bike. "Hop on and let's get out of here - meet you back at the mansion, Chisato, Chizuru?" she asks the other two via microphone.
[20:24] <Ana-chan> "I don't think it was drugs, exactly, but I DO know that Alexandria knows what it is," Ana says with a slight frown as she mounts the motorcycle behind Karuma. "Whether she'll tell us or not is another matter."
[20:25] <Chisato> "Uh..." Chisato hesitates. "I was going to stick aorund and watch him...since I can keep an eye on him in the hospital without entering, but if you really think nothing of worth is going to happen..." Chisato hesitates from her lofty perch.
[20:27] <Karuma-chan> "Really? Tell me more," Karuma croons to Anastasia as she guns the engine, performing a u-turn on the backed up road so she can get away from the accident scene. "That might actually be a good idea, Miss Chisato - tell us what hospital he gets taken to and we'll meet you nearby?"
[20:28] <Ana-chan> "You saw the flash of light in the office, and then the other man in the office with Musashi - the colonel, from what Chisato said - disappeared, yes?" Anastasia replies.
[20:28] <Karuma-chan> "Yes," Karuma replies, her driving far more sedate now as she leaves the scene. "It was all very strange."
[20:28] <Chisato> "I'll keep an eye on him," Chisato agrees. "I can phone conference from here if you need me in on a meeting," she adds, settling to watch where the policeman goes. "...And yeah, the Lieutenant Colonel disappeared after the flash."
[20:30] <Ana-chan> "You probably couldn't hear it, but there was a sound that accompanied it as well - a sort of crystalline chime. It's hard to describe - that's the closest I can make it." She sighs. "I've heard the same sound, or one extremely similar to it, before - back at Alexandria's mansion."
[20:38] <Karuma-chan> "Interesting... I wonder what she'll have to say about that, then," Karuma replies thoughtfully.
[20:40] <Ana-chan> "I couldn't say," Ana replies. "Do you remember when she gave us this assignment? How she seemed rather tired?"
[20:41] <Karuma-chan> "Yes - I believe she was up late, since I saw a light on the library when I was up late the night before," Karuma affirms as they ride along the neon lit and rain-slicked streets of Neo Tokyo.
[20:42] <Ana-chan> "While we were talking over the plans of the surveillance, she slipped away - and I heard that same chiming noise come from the direction where she left. After everyone else left the library I went to check on it and she was there - but she seemed much more energetic herself, not tired at all."
[20:44] <Karuma-chan> "I hope she doesn't fall down the stairs or anything stupid like that when she's all drugged up, then," Karuma represses a sigh. "Personally I'm more curious about where the colonel vanished off to, and how."
[20:46] <Ana-chan> "A question I'd also like to see answered," Ana replies, sighing a bit. "But the fact that he disappeared is what makes me think that this may not exactly be drugs. Maybe something like it, but something more... unnatural, shall we say?"
[20:50] <Karuma-chan> "There could be a combination - certainly something was done to affect his reasoning capabilities and physiology, but as to exactly what, I don't think we'll find out tonight. I fear we'll have to wait another week to try and observe his unusual Friday habits, unless something happens to him on the way to or at the hospital."
[20:51] <Ana-chan> "Most likely so," Anastasia answers. "From what the colonel was saying, apparently it was meant to be some sort of reward, but more than that I couldn't say - it took me longer than I expected to actually get up to the office."
[20:53] <Karuma-chan> "Then I don't think the reward worked very well," Karuma deadpans, recalling Musashi's comatose form slumped over the rain-soaked asphalt.
[20:56] <Ana-chan> "I would tend to agree, but there's nothing else to be done until we report, at least." The blonde shivers a bit. "Which I hope will be soon, this outfit was not exactly meant for riding on a motorcycle in the rain."

Ebiris

[21:41] <Kotono> A fifth floor roof is where the girls meet. It's lonely and rainy, the storm passed in it's raging majesty. Only a chilly wind blows as everyone assembles. New Providence Memorial can be seen, it's glassy windows and tall tower - ten stories of modern medicine! - gleam in the cloudiness. Inside is Musashi, being attended to within.
[21:42] <Karuma-chan> "Can you see inside?" Karuma asks the one of their group who could hardly be called a 'girl', huddling slightly in her weather jacket against the rain.
[21:43] * Ana-chan grimaces, shivering a bit against the cold rain - her outfit doesn't offer a lot of protection from the elements, sadly, and though she's dealt with colder climes than this, being cold and wet is never fun no matter how you slice it.
[21:44] <Chisato> roll 2d8 target 7
[21:44] * Hatbot --> "Chisato rolls 2d8 target 7 and gets 12." [2d8=4, 8]
[21:47] <Chisato> "Too crowded," Chisato shrugs, giving a small snort. "I can see inside, can't tell what's what."
[21:49] <Karuma-chan> "So he could be anywhere, or have already left?" Karuma asks, sighing a bit as she uselessly wipes some dripping rainwater from her brow.
[21:51] * Chisato turns to take another look, scanning through...
[21:51] <Chisato> roll 2d8 target 11
[21:51] * Hatbot --> "Chisato rolls 2d8 target 11 and gets 6." [2d8=4, 2]
[21:51] <Kotono> It takes Chisato a fairly good amount of work - it's a headache to sort through an entire large building and tons of rooms and layers! But she finally finds Musashi - he's on the sixth floor in a hospital room. He's hooked up to an IV, a nurse is checking him over, ectera.
[21:52] <Chisato> "Oh, found him," Chisato shrugs, humming. "The hubub made things more confused, and it's hard to go through a place so big...but he's on the sixth floor."
[21:53] <Kotono> As you talk, Chisato's cell phone begins to ring.
[21:53] <Karuma-chan> "Anything exciting happening, there?" Karuma asks, evidencing some relief as her pensive expression melts away.
[21:56] <Chisato> "Nothing interesting, second," Chisato answers, mentally commanding her cellphone to pick up, covering the mic. "Hello?"
[21:57] <Kotono> "I'm watching the news," Alexandria speaks, quite relaxed and sounding it. You can distantly hear a news anchor's voice going on about something or another, but you can't tell what. "Police officer invovled in afternoon crash?"
[21:58] <Chisato> "Not us, he did it himself," Chisato answers, letting her hand drop away. "I'll have a video recording once we get back."
[22:00] <Kotono> "He did it? Interesting." Alexandria continues on, Anastasia's perky ears picking the noises up. "Good." You hear the phone being put down, but as it is, "...other news, the organization Church of the Las-" Click. Call's over, ended and siletn.
[22:01] * Ana-chan shivers. "Wonderful, he made the news," the Russian mutters.
[22:02] <Karuma-chan> "Must be a slow news day," Karuma murmurs, looking over at the building opposite them. "I wish she'd just tell us to kill him or whatever so we could end this farce and get out of the rain."
[22:02] * Chizuru-san mutters. "It seems that every little thing we're involved in makes the news one way or another."
[22:03] <Kotono> Chisato can see a woman and two young children come into Musashi's office. They're looking over their husband worriedly, as a uniformed police officer also enters.
[22:03] <Ana-chan> "Getting out of the rain has my full support," Anastasia echoes. "We can take care of him later, AFTER I've had the chance to dry out by a nice warm fire."
[22:04] <Chisato> "Family's visiting him," Chisato reports, shrugging a bit and humming. "Think we're safe leaving him?" she asks the rest of the team.
[22:06] * Chizuru-san bites her lips for a moment. "It'd be... risky to keep going right now. Chances are we'd take more lives than necessary. We're already under risk of exposure due to the accident, we don't need to go all out and blow our cover."
[22:06] <Ana-chan> "I don't see why not," Ana shakes her head, wiping rainwater from her face. "It's not like we can do much to him where he is at the moment, and Alexandria will probably want a full report before she decides whether or not to deal with him."
[22:06] <Karuma-chan> "He looked pretty banged up - I doubt he'll be going anywhere unless his mysterious colleagues have access to some really out there technology." She snorts briefly, "Or magic. In either case, if we see him up and about tomorrow it'd be confirmed, anyway."
[22:07] <Chisato> "Alright," Chisato agrees with a shrug, still watching. "Meet you all back there?"
[22:07] <Kotono> Chisato can note that he's stirring, getting up quickly and looking over his wife and child.
[22:07] <Kotono> roll 2d8
[22:07] * Hatbot --> "Kotono rolls 2d8 and gets 14." [2d8=6, 8]
[22:09] <Kotono> His young son goes onto the bed with him, crying and clinging to him. He pats his head, but his face is...scary. It makes his wife back away in surprise, before it loses a feral, white eyed edge and he simply holds his son.
[22:10] <Chisato> "...Yeah, well, he's still hopped up on whatever it is," Chisato snorts softly, finally just shrugging. "Well, we need to sell this information off anyway. Might as well go."
[22:12] <Karuma-chan> "I'm for that," Karuma agrees, starting back inside the building so she can head downstairs. "How about we go see our employer tomorrow? I don't feel like riding all that way in the rain, tonight."
[22:12] <Ana-chan> "You have a place to stay in the city?" Ana asks, sneezing once as she finishes her question.
[22:13] <Karuma-chan> "I do live here," Karuma deadpans. "Besides, my neighbours are probably wondering what happened to me... you can stay over, if you like?"
[22:13] <Kotono> The rain stops, but the wind is getting colder and chillier.
[22:14] <Chisato> "If you want. I could drive us all, but that could be weird," she admits, just shrugging.
[22:15] <Ana-chan> "I would definitely appreciate it," Anastasia says gratefully. "I'm not particularly crazy about going all the way back to the mansion in wet clothes, car or no car."
[22:15] <Karuma-chan> "Oh, hey, it stopped," Karuma blinks, before shrugging. "Anyway, yeah, we'll go there in the morning. Nobody's in any great rush, right?"
[22:17] <Chisato> "Sure," Chisato nods, yawning a bit. "See you all tomorrow," she agrees, hopping off to the next building, back to her car.
[22:17] * Chizuru-san takes her her by the hand and twists it to dry it up a bit. "I'll just head home tonight, myself. We'll meet in the morning."
[22:17] <Kotono> The next morning...
[22:18] <Kotono> It's drizzly and wet AGAIN. Dampness is the order of the day for the four girls as they reach Alexandria's mansion. They are each met at the door by her servant, cups of hot tea and wordless comments offered. On upstairs the girls find Alexandria in the library, but she reads not a heavy book; Alexandria reads a slender tract, as if it was put at her doorstep by a bad peddler.
[22:20] <Chizuru-san> "Already catching up on the morning reading, Lady Alexandria?" Chizuru bows and smiles as she approaches. "The rain just seems to keept going and going and going... feels vaguely unnatural, even..."
[22:21] <Ana-chan> "It's been very wet this fall, yes," Ana adds, shaking her head a bit. Still feeling a bit tired from the craziness of the day before, but it's passing.
[22:21] <Kotono> Alexandria puts the tract aside with a disdainful snort - you can see the cover. A parched wasteland, with the words 'Church of the Last Testament' is on it. A parched wasteland like a bomb crater. "Report."
[22:21] <Chisato> "Mmmm," Chisato hums her agreement, smiling ever so slightly and hold9ing one elbow with her hand, the other tapping her jaw.
[22:22] <Karuma-chan> "From all appearances, one would be forgiven for thinking Mr Musashi has a drug problem," Karuma comments with a sardonic smile as she primly sits herself down.
[22:23] <Chizuru-san> "The pursuit was generally odd, to say the least", Chizuru muses somewhat pensively, sitting down - probably unnaturally serious.
[22:23] <Ana-chan> "It could certainly be seen that way, although I'm not entirely sure it was a drug that was influencing him myself," Ana says, shaking her head slightly. "He was definitely influenced by SOMETHING, though."
[22:23] <Kotono> "Does he?" Alexandria goes on, resting her hands on her lap. She smiles the entire time, seeming to relish it. "Tell me of what you saw."
[22:26] <Karuma-chan> "He met with a member of the military. Colonel... what did you say his name was, Chisato...?" Karuma trails off expectantly, regarding the older woman.
[22:27] <Ana-chan> "The one who's been on the TV, that's all I remember," Ana chips in.
[22:28] <Chizuru-san> "Chisato can explain a bit more about him, I'd wager", Chizuru nods while looking expectantly to her eldest colleague.
[22:29] <Chisato> "Yoshiyuki Tajeda," Chisato provides reluctantly, humming. "That was who he met with, on TV. Otherwise, I don't really know anything else about the man."
[22:30] <Kotono> "Alright, I'll have him investigated." The promise comes quickly from Alexandria, a comment as the story unfolds.
[22:31] * Chisato passes over a flash drive. "That has the video of their meeting, and the Lieutenant Colonel's...interesting disappearing act."
[22:31] <Kotono> "Excuse me, then," Alexandria takes it, heading downstairs. "I will return shortly."
[22:33] * Ana-chan remains quiet for the moment, debating whether or not to mention the sound she heard as Tajeda disappeared when Alexandria returns.
[22:36] * Chisato just paces a bit, frowning and unsure what to do.
[22:36] <Kotono> Alexandria returns shortly after, passing the flash drive back over to Chisato. Her face is calm now, calm and contained. "Kill him." She sits back down, her servant following behind her.
[22:38] <Karuma-chan> "I was almost tempted to last night after he crashed, truth be told," Karuma admits lazily, before leaning forward with a predatory expression. "But then I remembered we have yet to discuss the matter of payment."
[22:38] * Ana-chan colors a bit at that - she hadn't even thought about payment up to this point.
[22:39] * Chisato smiles a bit more at the topic Karuma's brought up, nodding and tapping her lips.
[22:39] <Kotono> "His head is worth 100,000 yen each...and 800,000 to the one that brings me his head." Alexandria smiles like a snake at it, "I want this to be quick and painful - but without too much noise. Go."
[22:41] <Kotono> OOC - Strike.
[22:42] <Kotono> "His head is worth 1,000,000 yen each...and 8,000,000 to the one that brings me his head." Alexandria smiles like a snake at it, "I want this to be quick and painful - but without too much noise. Go."
[22:42] <Ana-chan> "How literally do you mean that?" Ana says, raising an eyebrow.
[22:42] <Kotono> "As literal as you wish it to be," Alexandria merely smiles, a smile of vicious intent and cruel meaning.
[22:43] * Chizuru-san snickers. "No barrels held, then. This should be amusing."
[22:44] * Karuma-chan sighs. "I do so distaste getting my hands dirty... at least it should be a simple task if he is still at the hospital, then." With that, she rises to her feet.
[22:44] <Kotono> "Good, initaitive," Alexandria smiles warmly to Karuma, "I see you'll be collecting the 8 million then?"
[22:46] <Karuma-chan> "Perhaps," Karuma demurs, glancing at the others. "Lots of accidents are possible in a hospital... unless anyone has any bright ideas of their own?"
[22:47] <Ana-chan> "Not if he's still in the hospital," Ana replies with a shrug. "If not... there are any number of things that can be done."
[22:48] * Chizuru-san considers. "If he's still in the hospital, we don't need all that much gore and grandiosity, quite frankly."
[22:48] <Chisato> "So...should I start spraying bullets now, or do I have a better reason to let my colleagues live?" Chisato questions idly, raising an eyebrow.
[22:51] <Kotono> "Can you survive alone?" Alexandria asks, very plainly. "Or them? Or others?"
[22:52] * Ana-chan goes quiet, a blank expression on her face.
[22:52] <Chisato> "Debatable," Chisato shrugs, tapping her cheek. "But if we're directly competeing with each other, such as now, accidents are bound to happen in the interests of money."
[22:53] * Chizuru-san snickers. "Only if your sole motivation is the money, my dear. And, if it is, there are better places to go than here, aren't there?"
[22:54] <Karuma-chan> "The money here has been quite good, so far," Karuma ponders thoughtfully. "But the thought of future contracts such as those superpowered yakuza at least ensure a healthy respect for the rest of you on my end."
[22:54] <Kotono> To this, Alexandria only smiles, her servant standing behind her. He looms over her, white eyes looking to lock onto Chisato's.
[22:55] <Chisato> "Are there? Alexandria was the one to point out we're each cornered by her," Chisato answers easily, giving another shrug and a wry, bitter smile. "Whatever motivation there is, she appears most intent on setting us into more direct competition with each other."
[22:55] * Ana-chan shrugs. "Why then should I risk my neck to help, more so if I must watch my 'colleagues' more than the target? The money means little to me."
[22:56] <Chisato> "...Which is my point precisely, Anastasia," Chisato agrees. "You are paid a million to participate, eight million to finish the job, in a job that hardly looks like it has room for more than one..."
[22:57] * Chizuru-san nods in agreement. "I don't care about the competition myself. I'd rather abstain on a mission if it meant I had to concentrate in more pressing matters than the job itself. It's unprofessional and unsettling."
[22:58] <Karuma-chan> "Then why not draw straws and one of us can take the job, then?" Karuma suggests. "I'm sure there will be plenty of work to go around in future, so no sense tripping over each other just for this particular scrap."
[22:58] <Kotono> "It is. Chisato, you are the oldestand perhaps a leader, or are you only concerned about money and murder?" Alexandria's tone shifts quickly, becoming...dangerous. There's a glint in her eye, a strange, eerie glint.
[22:58] <Ana-chan> "Either we are meant to work as a team or we aren't," Ana says, shaking her head.
[22:59] <Ana-chan> "If we are meant to be a team, then split the payment evenly and forgo these 'bonuses'. If we are not, choose the person you want to carry the task and leave the rest of us out of it."
[22:59] <Chisato> "I'm more worried about an assembled 'group' being given an assignment and structure of payment oriented to a capitalist market where each of us is out for ourself," Chisato nods.
[23:00] <Chisato> *ourselves
[23:03] <Kotono> There is a long consideration for this, Alexandria pondering. "Be a team, then. 3 million each?"
[23:04] <Ana-chan> "Fine with me," Anastasia says curtly.
[23:04] * Chizuru-san encompasses the room with her glance, trying to figure out the expression of each comrade. "I have no problem with this, either. What about you, Karuma-chan? Chisato-sama?"
[23:04] <Karuma-chan> "For a job this minor, that's acceptable," Karuma nods her assent.
[23:05] <Chisato> With all the others in agreement, Chisato nods. "Acceptable," she agrees, face masked over emotionalessly.
[23:07] <Kotono> "Then plan and go," Alexandria says curtly, going to sit underneath one of the grand windows. She looks out, thoughtful and her servant waits behind her.
[23:09] <Karuma-chan> "Well... does anyone have any bright ideas?" Karuma asks plainly.
[23:10] <Ana-chan> "We need to find out where he is now. If he's still in the hospital, it changes matters," Ana says simply, her face still neutral.
[23:11] <Chizuru-san> "We should plan accordingly to his location. Finding out whether he's still hospitalized should be easy, at least", Chizuru points blankly.
[23:11] * Chisato nods, her expression easing into a smile. "Plenty, but yes, it depends heavily on his location. So we head back to the hospital, and plan from there."
[23:12] <Karuma-chan> "Then let's head back into town... times like this I wish our 'base' wasn't so inconveniently out of the way," Karuma gripes, not dwelling on the awkward scene that just transpired.
------
[18:58] <Chisato> "...Okay, it looks like we're just in time for his release in good health," Chisao provides, raising an eyebrow behind her visor. "Looks totally uninjured, wife and son are with him."
[18:59] <Kotono> THe rooftop is drizzle soaked, the traffice several stories below racing along. ANother innocent day in Neo Tokyo?
[19:00] * Ana-chan frowns slightly. "Do we want to try to deal with him while he's around his family or not? Easier to conceal if we can get him by himself."
[19:01] <Karuma-chan> "I could have them all dead before they get fifty feet from the hospital," Karuma shrugs nonchalantly. "Makes little difference to me."
[19:01] * Chizuru-san bites her lips expectantly. "I don't think dealing with the wife and the child classifies as too much noise to me. As long as it's not terribly messy."
[19:02] <Chisato> "Alexandria did suggest as little noise as possible..." Chisato agrees, shrugging and humming softly.
[19:03] <Ana-chan> "If it can be made to look purely like an accident, certainly," Ana says with a shrug. "But if not...?"
[19:04] <Karuma-chan> "Well, if any of you have your own preferences, I'll gladly step aside," Karuma sketches a somewhat condescending bow. "But my talents are available should they become necessary."
[19:04] <Chizuru-san> "Then, we will just have to circumvent them. If we can make a clean kill at the cost of those two, so be it", Chizuru shrugs.
[19:05] <Kotono> Chisato can see that they're going out. His son is at his side, but his wife lingers back. She looks conflicted, worried, as her husband turns to her. THis makes her blanch - his face is smiling, but it's deep - almost lined, craggy. This casts shadows all over his face, starting to smile. He reaches out, viciously grabbing his wife's wrist as all three head out.
[19:05] <Ana-chan> "I would opt for caution myself," Ana says, shaking her head. "If things don't go perfectly having the other two present will complicate matters. There's no rush from what Alexandria seemed to say, so why not wait for a more opportune time?"
[19:07] * Chizuru-san raises an eyebrow condescendingly. "I guess it makes sense for now. But I'd rather just finish this quickly. I have a vaguely unsettling feeling about this..."
[19:08] <Chisato> "He's not getting any prettier, I'll tell you that," Chisato notes dryly. "I think I've seen addicts going cold turkey with prettier faces."
[19:08] * Chizuru-san turns to Chisato with an inquiring expression. "... what do you mean by that?"
[19:10] <Chisato> "He had this really wild, sort of crazy look on his face...and acted it a bit, too. Now he looks all...craggy, like some scarred up general from a movie, and he's still acting that way," she frowns, humming softly.
[19:10] <Kotono> They're out into the halls and going towards the bakc - it'll be a bit harder for Chisato to track them at this rate.
[19:11] <Chisato> "We might want to move, I'm getting so many obstructions it's harder to keep track of them...heading out the back, though," Chisato adds after a moment, blowing at her bangs.
[19:12] * Ana-chan frowns a bit. "Should I take the car again? Hopefully he won't be driving like such a maniac this time."
[19:12] * Karuma-chan stretches a bit, seeming almost apathetic. "Obviously if he's with his family he'll be going home. The question is - do we want him to get there or not?"
[19:13] <Kotono> Chisato can see them going to an elevator past some rooms. He says something to his wife, the two starting to speak - she looks a bit scared as they get into the elevator...
[19:14] <Chisato> "Try getting on the car if you can, I want to know what he's saying, his wife looks scared out of her mind," Chisato snorts softly. "Survivng a crash like that in such a way...I don't know, I'm a little worried there's soemthing else to him now."
[19:15] <Ana-chan> "Easily enough done," Ana replies, fading from view over the course of a few moments, even as she puts on her headphone. "Just give me directions in about two minutes," she says, heading for the stairs at a run as she disappears with a final wavering of the air.
[19:16] <Kotono> OOC- Mind check, 3 point bonus, Chisato.
[19:16] <Chisato> roll 2d8 target 15
[19:16] <Karuma-chan> "Hmm... I suppose you'll be following by rooftop?" Karuma asks Chisato, taking a step towards the stairs down. "Feel like going for a ride, Miss Chizuru?"
[19:16] * Hatbot --> "Chisato rolls 2d8 target 15 and gets 9." [2d8=3, 6]
[19:17] <Kotono> Chizuru nods, smiling demurely as she follows Karuma.
[19:17] <Kotono> They're in an elevator alone now - his son is behind his mother, as Musashi grabs his wife's collar. He seems taller, darker as he shoves her back. You can see him mouth 'bitch' in condesension, a hungry look on his face as they go down and downstairs!
[19:19] * Chisato raises an eyebrow sharply, pursing her lips and starting to roofhop again to get in a better position.
[19:20] <Kotono> That would require Chisato to go forward, and there aren't any more roofs before the street and then across to the hospital proper. But she can still see them - his eyes are entirely white now as he picks her up by th ethroat - as the elevator door opens, wife dropped in time with it. As a few peopel stare he takes her hand, leading her out as she gasps for air! His child looks more and more fearful, scared as...
[19:21] <Kotono> OOC - Strike that, you're going ground level now?
[19:22] <Chisato> OOC - No, I'm trying to get onto a rooftop from which I can follow them as they leave. With a good view of the parking lot, their car, and a way out, etc.
[19:23] <Kotono> OOC - Okay. You'll have to wrap around, losing some angle at first as you take a long way around - the roofs aren't that convienently lined up. Make another mindcheck to see if you can keep your taps on 'im. Shouldn't horribly hard, but mainly aggrivated due to moving and positioning.
[19:24] <Chisato> roll 2d8 target 12
[19:24] * Hatbot --> "Chisato rolls 2d8 target 12 and gets 8." [2d8=7, 1]
[19:25] <Kotono> They're heading around to the back parking lot - a small expanse of cars and concrete! Both wife and child look disturbed now, as they're heading through the halls,g etting looks! Meanwhile Anastasia races down, on the street and crossing swiftly!
[19:26] * Chisato murmurs updates to the invisible assassin, keeping Anastasia up to date on their location. There isnt'a huge amount of else she needs to do from this sort of position.
[19:29] * Ana-chan redoubles her pace, listening for the sounds of quickened breathing - and possibly angry conversation - as she speeds into the parking lot.
[19:29] <Kotono> As they head out, Anastasia arrives! The parking lot has a few people going back and fourth - perhaps 200 spaces total. About half are occupied as the trio comes out a side door! His child is heard first - starting to sniffle and cry a bit. "Shut up, you stupid little bedwetting..." Musashi growls, the sharp crack of a smack!
[19:30] <Kotono> The few people herel ook on, none getting invovlved but a few looks back.
[19:30] <Kotono> "Musashi!" His wife says, semi meek and very very scared, her heartbeat racing. "S-stop it..."
[19:31] <Kotono> As they stumble through the parking lot, Musashi just turns. "Things are different around here now! Get up, boy," he says, his son, crying softly and holding his red cheek. His voice is low and gravelly, rugged.
[19:33] <Kotono> Chisato can see his wife crying a bit as well, but Musashi just storms forward to the car, a small little red rental compact, and gets in.
[19:35] * Ana-chan falls into step behind the family, scowling unseen as she springs to the car's roof even as the three get inside it.
[19:36] <Kotono> roll 2d8
[19:36] * Hatbot --> "Kotono rolls 2d8 and gets 10." [2d8=8, 2]
[19:36] * Chisato just sighs, memorizing the plate number for later. Yeah, should've given her a tracker, but such is life.
[19:36] <Kotono> No one seems to react as Anastasia hops onto the car. The plate number is 45JD-EXS9.  The wife leads her child to the backseat, looking horribly downcast as she gets into the passenger seat.
[19:37] <Kotono> Nothing up here to hold onto, and it's not a terribly wide roof, either. THis might just suck for Anastasia!
[19:38] <Ana-chan> It always does suck - riding a car roof is NOT her idea of a fun time. But work isn't all fun and games, either. Ana presses herself against the roof, one ear against the metal as she listens for any conversation from inside the car.
[19:39] <Kotono> The drizzle continues to fall as all get into position! Anastasia can hear it, "I got a helluva promotion and we're gonna celebrate it!" Musashi elates, voice not his at all. It's a voice like ripped rocks rubbing rapidly against rugged roads, tires squealing as a counterpoint as the drive begins! "No more desk riding sarge! The entire world's open to me now!"
[19:39] <Kotono> "M-M-Honey..." His wife sputters, crying again, "S-stop it...p-please...":
[19:40] <Kotono> Out of the parking lot they go quickly, riding out into the road! OOC - Karuma, set yourself up here?
[19:42] <Karuma-chan> Having gotten onto her bike and given the spare helmet to Chizuru, who is assumedly holding tight, and assumedly having been told of the car description to watch out for, Karuma lets her target pass, counting slowly to ten in her head before she takes off after it in the general direction of Musashi's apartment - the others can let her know of any route deviations without her needing to tail them.
[19:44] * Ana-chan decides to try a new tack to sticking to the roof - from the sound of it, Musashi might not be as crazy as he was yesterday, but he certainly doesn't sound normal. Withdrawing her knives, she sets the points gently at the corners of the windshield, the blades pointing back towards the rear of the car. Letting the twin knives dig into the rubber holding the windshield in place, the blonde relies on the knives' handldes to stay on the roof
[19:44] <Kotono> So Karuma takes out onto the road again! Chizuru is at least warm and pleasant to be clinging to Karuma! Not even any contact poison or stickiness today! Meanwhile Anastasia holds on...OOC - Body check, even, I think.
[19:45] <Ana-chan> roll 2d8 to hang on, target 9
[19:45] * Hatbot --> "Ana-chan rolls 2d8 to hang on, target 9 and gets 13." [2d8=8, 5]
[19:49] <Kotono> The knives don't quite stay in - they rip the rubber instead. Anastasia can't quite keep on, slowly sliding off as they drive! As she struggles to stay on, "Shut up! I'm better now! That colonel, when I first stumbled on him and his...who would've thought? This is better than booze, better than sex, better than living!"
[19:51] <Kotono> The car's pace is just a few miles above the speed limit, zipping down the streets! Chisato follows on the roofs, keeping a loose tail as Karuma also loosely follows. Down the packed city, cutting a red ligth and momentum kept up!
[19:52] * Ana-chan struggles to keep her grip, grimacing as she tries to pull herself forward against the wind.
[19:54] <Kotono> OOC - Body check again.
[19:55] <Ana-chan> roll 2d8 target 9
[19:55] * Hatbot --> "Ana-chan rolls 2d8 target 9 and gets 11." [2d8=3, 8]
[19:57] <Kotono> No good! Anastasia's nearly all the way off, feet dangling and bod a few breaths away from slipping! He roars down a side road now, laughing! "See this, baby?" he says, voice completely alien now. "This is what it was all about! I feel better than I ever have! Bits of knowledge are seared into my brain! Magic!" Meanwhile is son cries, his wife shaking like a fig leaf! "The law's nothing to me now! See?" With a laugh you hear another heavy han
[19:58] <Kotono> heavy handed blow, a vicious attack!
[19:59] * Ana-chan makes a last ditch effort, bracing her feet against the car's bumper as best she can and making a grab for the rear doors - at least with the small car they're both easily reached, even if she's in full sight of the rearview mirror - if she was in sight at all, that is.
[20:00] <Kotono> OOC - One last check.
[20:00] <Ana-chan> roll 2d8 please less than 9
[20:00] * Hatbot --> "Ana-chan rolls 2d8 please less than 9 and gets 7." [2d8=6, 1]
[20:02] <Kotono> With hands on the rear doors Anastasa just barely balances on! The wind blows and rain splats in her face, body chilled to the bone! But she's stable for now! "M...ple...you're scaring us!" His wife cries.
[20:02] <Kotono> roll 2d8
[20:02] * Hatbot --> "Kotono rolls 2d8 and gets 10." [2d8=5, 5]
[20:03] <Kotono> "When we get home...heh..." Musashi chuckles, as the drives goes on! At least it's not a terribly long one, his apartment building getting close!
[20:03] * Ana-chan bares her teeth in a grimace, unwilling to move with as precarious as her perch is. She does lower her head, however - no sense getting the wind and rain right in her face.
[20:07] <Kotono> So soon he arrives in his home parking lot! The rain is abating as he stops at the curb! A bit behind are Chisato and Karuma/Chizuru. Anastasia's arms hurt like hell from the exertion, muscles lightly bruised up. (1 HP damage, go ahead and react and message upa s needed.)
[20:09] * Karuma-chan slows down at the end of the street, having no great desire to arouse suspicion by encroaching further without just cause.
[20:09] * Ana-chan hops off the car lightly, wincing as she wraps her arms around herself - talk about a workout. She opens her ears all the same, though, listening for the presence of other witnesses.
[20:09] * Chisato hops and hops, stopping across the street from them to watch.
[20:09] <Kotono> roll 2d8
[20:09] * Hatbot --> "Kotono rolls 2d8 and gets 12." [2d8=6, 6]
[20:12] <Kotono> Musashi is the first to get out! He grins, a horrifying sight! Hsi face is sunkenw ith crags, eyes white as he grins. A feral grin, teeth sharp and slightly yellowed.   His wife and child slowly exit out the other door, quivering. "D-daddy..." the poor boy whines, a pungent smell coming from the front of his pants to Anastasia.
[20:14] <Kotono> "Brat," Musashi sneers at him, slamming his door shut. His son whimpers back even further, crying and clinging to his mother.
[20:16] * Ana-chan frowns, shaking her head. 'Enough,' she thinks, taking a moment to prepare a blade of light before launching it at Musashi with a hiss!
[20:17] <Kotono> OOC - Elaborate on what you're doing?
[20:17] <Ana-chan> roll 2d8 for Osleplenie Lezviya, one action to aim, target 14
[20:17] * Hatbot --> "Ana-chan rolls 2d8 for Osleplenie Lezviya, one action to aim, target 14 and gets 2." [2d8=1, 1]
[20:17] <Kotono> OOC - Lucky!
[20:18] <Kotono> OOC - Elaborate on what you're doing?
[20:19] <Ana-chan> OOC - Blinding attack, launching it at him from behind the car. I lose invis as I do so, but it creates a Flash that requires a Body check at -5 (-10 for the crit) to resist or the target's completely blinded.
[20:20] <Kotono> roll 2d8 DCV for baddie, yes I'm factoring in the +2 to his number
[20:20] * Hatbot --> "Kotono rolls 2d8 DCV for baddie, yes I'm factoring in the +2 to his number and gets 8." [2d8=2, 6]
[20:21] <Kotono> The flash of light is like a brilliant illumination bomb! You hear Musashi scream as the entire area is a giant nova of flashbang light! OOC - Body checks with a ten point penalty for Musashi and family and Chisato.
[20:22] <Kotono> roll 2d8 Musashi
[20:22] * Hatbot --> "Kotono rolls 2d8 Musashi and gets 2." [2d8=1, 1]
[20:22] <Kotono> OOC - Hah.
[20:22] <Chisato> roll 2d8
[20:22] * Hatbot --> "Chisato rolls 2d8 and gets 13." [2d8=8, 5]
[20:22] <Kotono> roll 2d8 Kid
[20:22] * Hatbot --> "Kotono rolls 2d8 Kid and gets 8." [2d8=2, 6]
[20:22] <Kotono> roll 2d8  Wife
[20:22] * Hatbot --> "Kotono rolls 2d8 Wife and gets 15." [2d8=7, 8]
[20:26] <Kotono> Chisato's vision is a wash of white! When it clears Musashi is staggering back, chest burnt and shirt ruined! Most of his pot belly is gone now, but his eyes are quickly opena nd blinking. "Ugh..." he grunts beastially! His eyes are white and blank, but his body begins to shake! OOC - Initiative/reacts.
[20:26] <Kotono> roll 2d8
[20:26] * Hatbot --> "Kotono rolls 2d8 and gets 10." [2d8=7, 3]
[20:26] <Ana-chan> roll 2d8+15 init
[20:26] * Hatbot --> "Ana-chan rolls 2d8+15 init and gets 20." [2d8=1, 4]
[20:27] <Karuma-chan> roll 2d8+11 (motorcycles get +1 init, apparently)
[20:27] * Hatbot --> "Karuma-chan rolls 2d8+11 (motorcycles get +1 init, apparently) and gets 21." [2d8=8, 2]
[20:28] <Kotono> OOC - Assuming Chizuru is on your tick anyway for now, Karuam.
[20:29] * Chisato hisses and mutters curses in elaborate and lurid language from the ground, holding her eyes and only audible to Anastasia.
[20:30] <Kotono> OOC - Karuma>Musashi~=Anastasia. Go, Karuma.
[20:31] <Karuma-chan> "What the hell? Looks like someone got impatient... let's just see how she handles this, shall we?" Karuma suggests to her passenger, deciding to remain uninvolved unless Anastasia appears to get into difficulty. Which she shouldn't.
[20:32] <Kotono> Standing still, Musashi begins to grin! He grins sickly, raising a hand into the air! He begins to chant, laughing! His words are incomprehensible, alien! Amid them, "Heh...he...I'll show you what the Colonel gave me!"
[20:34] * Ana-chan doesn't reply, her voice now the only thing that can betray her presence to the woman and child. Silently she leaps towards her target, a corona of light springing into being around her knifeblades as they reach out for Musashi!
[20:35] <Ana-chan> roll 2d8 for Nozh Sveta, leap attack, target 12
[20:35] * Hatbot --> "Ana-chan rolls 2d8 for Nozh Sveta, leap attack, target 12 and gets 4." [2d8=1, 3]
[20:35] <Kotono> roll 2d8
[20:35] * Hatbot --> "Kotono rolls 2d8 and gets 5." [2d8=3, 2]
[20:36] <Kotono> HE manages to evade, lightly falling back as more words tumble forth from his mouth! Meanwhile Chisato can hear the noises of battle, those strange words carrying heavy on the wind! OOC - Karuma.
[20:37] <Kotono> OOC - Chisato, since you didn't dice, lemme know if you'lld oa nything beyond writhing understandablly on the ground/making a note to talk to Ana-chan later.
[20:38] * Karuma-chan simply watches the drama unfold from a safe distance. No need to trouble herself, just yet...
[20:38] <Kotono> OOC - Go ahead and go, Ana. He's finishing his action on the same clocktick, so go ahea dand go first for dramatic purposes.
[20:39] * Ana-chan remains undeterred, spinning as she beings the flashing knives into play against the demented policeman once again.
[20:39] <Ana-chan> roll 2d8 target 12
[20:39] * Hatbot --> "Ana-chan rolls 2d8 target 12 and gets 3." [2d8=1, 2]
[20:39] <Kotono> Meanwhile his wife and child rollon the ground, crying out and providing wailing music to the battle nearby them! His kid is crying, his wife writhing!
[20:39] <Kotono> roll 2d8
[20:39] * Hatbot --> "Kotono rolls 2d8 and gets 14." [2d8=8, 6]
[20:39] <Kotono> OOC - Roll damage and then he'll act and both attacks willr esolve.
[20:39] <Ana-chan> roll 2d8 damage
[20:39] * Hatbot --> "Ana-chan rolls 2d8 damage and gets 6." [2d8=4, 2]
[20:40] <Kotono> As Anastasia's knives tear into his chest and stomach, Musashi finishes. "Inscribe...on the rotting body...!" he calls, as a great detonation of light bursts around Anastasia, a massive concentration of raw heat!
[20:40] <Kotono> roll 2d8
[20:40] * Hatbot --> "Kotono rolls 2d8 and gets 6." [2d8=3, 3]
[20:40] <Kotono> OOC - DCV
[20:41] <Ana-chan> roll 2d8 DCV, target 12
[20:41] * Hatbot --> "Ana-chan rolls 2d8 DCV, target 12 and gets 4." [2d8=1, 3]
[20:42] <Kotono> Anastasia is able to twist around it! The air around her explodes dozens of times, but she's not injured! Instead she rips hima part, ribs broken asunder and chest a gruesome exhibit! For a moment his eyes clear, full of pain and surprise, before he slumps to the ground!
[20:43] * Ana-chan breathes out a soft sigh, shaking blood from her blades as she turns around, not even pausing as the cooling meat hits the ground behind her. Silently she exits the parking lot, homing in on the sound of Karuma's motorcycle.
[20:44] * Chisato continues rabbidly cursing into the radio.
[20:44] <Chisato> *rabidly
[20:44] <Kotono> As you flee you can hear Chisato, as well as the soft cries of Musashi's family...
[20:44] * Karuma-chan snorts at the demise of their target, wheeling her bike around before tearing out of there. She doesn't want to be seen at the scene of the crime, far less meeting the murderer.
[20:46] * Ana-chan frowns at the sudden engine noise tearing away from her, before realizing the sense in it. Taking a moment to slip into a shadow, she conceals her presence from all eyes once again, heading away from the scene in no particular direction. Once far enough away, she speaks into the microphone. "Are you all right, Chisato-san?"
[20:50] <Chisato> "I'm -fucking blind-," Chisato emphasizes sharply across the mic, hissing and cursing.
[20:51] <Ana-chan> "I'm sorry," Ana replies, grimacing. "I didn't realize you were looking my direction or I'd have given a warning over the radio."
[20:53] * Chisato shisses and shudders. "I was looking at the target, of course," she growls, fumbling to take her visor off and rub her forehead. "Jeezus. I hope he's dead."
[20:54] <Ana-chan> "Very dead," Anastasia mutters. "I'd had quite enough of his driving, and he seemed to have scared his wife and child nearly senseless."
[20:59] <Chisato> "Just...ugh," Chisato mutters, slowly regaining her sight. "I'll meet you..." Chisato rambles off a park nearby, sighing. "Then we'll head back," she mutters, getting up, to go on back to her car.
[21:00] <Ana-chan> "I'll be there in a few minutes," Ana confirms, heading to the rendezvous point with no further chatter.
------
[21:56] <Kotono> So it's about noon when the girls return to Alexandria's mansion. The servant waits for them just outside, bowing once.  His face is hidden by his black cap, his voice respectful. "The mistress expects good tidings."
[21:57] <Ana-chan> "She'll have them," Anastasia replies, wringing her hair to get some of the excess moisture out of it - these rainy fall days are no fun at all for her method of work.
[21:58] * Karuma-chan just smiles as she keeps in the background, letting Anastasia have her moment.
[21:58] <Chizuru-san> "The way things developped today surely seemed... interesting, though", Chizuru muses caressing her hair. She'd need a good comb and dryer session at home.
[21:59] <Kotono> "She awaits you above." With his last bow he opens the door, standing aside so that they can enter.
[22:00] <Karuma-chan> "Yes... saw an opportunity you just couldn't resist, Anastasia dear?" Karuma croons as she enters.
[22:01] <Ana-chan> "I was tired, cold, and wet, and I wanted to go home," Ana replies with a mutter. "If the opportunity presents itself, why not take it?"
[22:02] <Kotono> The house is warm inside. Just inside a cart and tray sit, full of steaming warm tea and hot towels. Looks appealing, and the stairs above are just past those.
[22:03] * Ana-chan takes a towel, vigorously drying her hair before letting it rest around her shoulders and taking a cup of tea as she ascends to the study above.
[22:03] * Chizuru-san muses with a bittersweet grin. "I wouldn't blame her. And, quite frankly, the results were... better than expected. The wife and kid were spared, as far as we know... there was no unnecessary bloodshed. Too bad for the kid's psychological life, but them's the breaks." With that, Chizuru walks in further, enjoying the gentle warmth of the house.
[22:04] <Karuma-chan> "I'm sure he'll be just fine," Karuma smiles mysteriously, availing herself of a towel briefly before she follows Anastasia upstairs.
[22:05] <Kotono> To the fourth floor you go. Past private rooms and a garden of madness, to the dry and sedate bookshelves. Here Alexandria sits, again reading the same skinny tract, frowning as she puts it aside. She looks out the window as she rises, rain starting to trickle as she does, trickling from the sky. "Good news?"
[22:06] * Ana-chan snorts. "His father had already scared him half to death," Ana says, shaking her head. "He'd wet his pants while they were still in the car."
[22:06] * Ana-chan turns to her employer as they reach the study. "As good as can be expected. Musashi is quite thoroughly dead, no witnesses as best I could manage," the blonde answers.
[22:07] <Chizuru-san> "We didn't need that kind of detail, Ana dearie, but... well. We have good news, Lady Alexandria. Courtesy of Anastasia-chan", Chizuru delivers politely as she bows.
[22:09] <Kotono> "Excellent! Tell me about it," The sudden intenseness of her smile is laced by the joy at Musashi's demise, leaning in closer. "He's dead...very so dead?" For a moment Alexandria hesitates over the word dead, before she refocuses.
[22:11] <Ana-chan> "Unless he can somehow survive having his ribcage split in half, he's dead," Ana answers. "I decided on an ambush as he got out of the car - I managed to blind his family to prevent them witnessing me, and dealt with Musashi fairly swiftly. He did manage to get off some kind of... incantation, although I managed to evade the effects."
[22:12] <Karuma-chan> "Yes, that was *very* interesting," Karuma chimes in. "It looked like he conjured up dozens of explosions all about her."
[22:12] <Kotono> "Well done, then. Evaded!" This gets Alexandria to smile broad as a cat with the canary in it's mouth, "That is quite interesting, isn't it?"
[22:13] <Ana-chan> "Do you know about them, then?" Ana says, turning a curious - if white-eyed - look to her employer.
[22:16] <Kotono> "What gives you that idea?" Alexandria quirks her head back, smiling that same exact way.
[22:18] * Chizuru-san raises an eyebrow and cuts the conversation in half, trying to get through Alexandria's intense glee. "Excuse me, Lady Alexandria... in this mission, we've seen a few... somewhat intriguing incidents. The incantation, colonel Tejada... everything that's happened in this assignment had rather supernatural tones. To an extent that I'd doubt any of us have seen... something seems not right. And you might know why."
[22:19] <Karuma-chan> "No need to be so coy, Miss Alexandria Ourobouros," Karuma waggles a reproving finger. "You made your knowledge quite clear with your eagerness to see to his demise after seeing that video we provided you with. That clearly implies a certain knowledge on your part."
[22:19] <Ana-chan> "You're certainly not sending us after targets at random, Ms. Ouroburos," Ana says, shaking her head. "And if we're going to run into more 'surprises' like this little incantation, I would like to know as much about them as I can BEFORE I have my head blown off."
[22:20] <Kotono> "The world is a cracked, broken place." Spreading her arms wide, "Very well, you're as intelligent as befits your status. Let me say this - when the world was broken in the flames of nuclear holocaust, many things slipped in from the cracks. Combine this with humanity's own innate nature, and..." So she merely spreads her hand wide. "Such as this, for example." Stopping, she picks up the tract she was reading and idly flips it towards Karuma.
[22:20] * Karuma-chan smoothly catches the tract and holds it up to examine the cover before flipping through it.
[22:22] <Kotono> Church of the Last Testment. It shows a broken cratered wasteland on it's front, and in bold typeface 'The end is at hand. Woe! The poisoned world gives birth to catastrophe!' by Kaguzachi Momoro.
[22:24] <Karuma-chan> "There's hardly anything unnatural about doomsday cults," Karuma drawls, nonetheless taking a quick flick through it. Alexandria wouldn't bother if it was irrelevant.
[22:24] <Kotono> "I find this so called church offensive. You may wish to read up on it soon," Alexandria says, dry and cold.
[22:24] <Kotono> It goes on about how the world was broken in 2006 and how now 20 years later a leader has come to take the survivors of humanity into the radioactive wastes.
[22:26] <Karuma-chan> "Yes, it offends anyone with two braincells to rub together," Karuma boredly hands it off to Chizuru. "But am I to take it from your interest that there's a bit more than a charismatic leader's scheme to make money from the gullible in this cult?"
[22:27] <Ana-chan> "Doomsday cult?" Anastasia murmurs.
[22:29] <Kotono> "I'm not sure - but even if I'm wrong, the world won't weep if he dies." As one reads it, you can see pictures of him. A middle aged man, scarred and mutated. He looks disgusting, a hunchback and a plain brown robe worn.
[22:30] <Ana-chan> "Obviously there must be more to it, or if it was simple you'd have sent us after this leader already, I'd guess," Ana replies, looking pensive.
[22:31] <Kotono> "Go research him and see yourselves," Alexandria invites, smiling as she glances at Chizuru. "I think one may need to go in and meet him very...personally, though, from what I understand."
[22:32] <Karuma-chan> "Even if he doesn't have unique talents of his own, these cults typically stock up on weapons and have a large number of brainless sheep only to eager to lay down their lives in defence of their messiah figure. I don't expect this would be easy, either way," Karuma states thoughtfully. "Such will of course be reflected in our fee."
[22:32] <Karuma-chan> *too eager
[22:32] <Chizuru-san> "That... would be me, from your glance, if I am not mistaken...", Chizuru stands, blankly staring at Alexandria.
[22:35] <Ana-chan> "I certainly don't go out of my way to meet people when I'm on reconaissance," Anastasia replies dryly.
[22:35] <Kotono> "Consider it, but just consider for now. The day is done and the deed is accomplished." Stretching, Alexandria heads towards the various bookshelves of wonder and mystery. "Dismissed for now."
[22:36] * Chizuru-san ponders, a nervous, tense expression rising. "Far from me to question our assignments, Lady Alexandria... but..." - on second thought, no. It wouldn't be wise. "Nevermind. We'll take our leave."
[22:36] <Kotono> "...hm?" Alexandria pauses, a rustling of blonde hair as she turns towards Chizuru.
[22:37] * Ana-chan pauses, having started to turn in departure herself.
[22:38] * Chizuru-san sighs and shakes her head somewhat pensively. "It's not worth asking it right now. I'm certain we'll find out sooner or later. It may be a bold question to ask, anyway."
[22:42] <Kotono> "As you wish," Alexandria bows her head, though for a moment she looks mildly off, perhaps torn at something or nothing at all. "...heh. I made a promise to you, Chizuru." With that she heads behind a curve, to the libarary's less seen depths and to obscurement.
[22:43] * Ana-chan waits for a few moments after Alexandria leaves, her eyes narrowing as she focuses her ears towards the hidden depths of the library - curious whether she'll hear that sound yet again.
[22:43] <Karuma-chan> "Everything okay, Chizuru?" Karuma asks, cocking her head at the older woman curiously.
[22:44] <Kotono> OOC - Body check for hearing/noticing things, Ana-chan.
[22:44] <Ana-chan> roll 2d8 for hearing, target 17
[22:44] * Hatbot --> "Ana-chan rolls 2d8 for hearing, target 17 and gets 12." [2d8=8, 4]
[22:45] * Chisato just slowly raises an eyebrow from her silence far in the back, glancing over at Chizuru with a restrained but intent curiousity.
[22:45] * Chizuru-san dismisses the thought with a light wave, walking away slowly from the room. "It's nothing, really. It's something we'll know for better or worse anyway... soon."
[22:46] <Karuma-chan> "It's the 'or worse' that worries me," Karuma deadpans.
[22:46] <Chisato> "That's not usually soemthing people in our line of work enjoy leaving unknown," Chisato nods slowly, quirking her head at Chizuru.
[22:47] <Kotono> Anastasia doesn't hear anything but a book's dry pages being turned.
[22:48] * Ana-chan shakes her head almost imperceptibly, turning her attention back to the conversation at hand.
[22:57] * Chizuru-san shakes her head. "The 'worse' is usually what we expect in this line of work. And, quite frankly... intentions don't matter right now. Not until our next job, at the very least." With that, Chizuru leaves the room, clearly not intent on turning back.
[22:58] <Karuma-chan> "Ahh, mystery," Karuma sighs, giving Chizuru a moment so she can retreat in dignity before leaving herself. "Well, looks like we have our homework, girls."
[22:59] * Ana-chan quirks an eyebrow at that little snippet of commentary, waiting just a moment before shrugging herself. "She's right about one thing at least - work can wait for a little while. I think a hot shower, a hot drink and a hot fire are in order, although not necessarily in that order."
[23:01] * Chisato just shakes her head, slipping away. Work was supposed to involve less of this human double talk...ah well. Sighing, Chisato heads home.