News:

You have made a powerful enemy today, stop sign.

Main Menu

IRC D&D Game

Started by CyMage, November 01, 2002, 06:00:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CyMage

How many people would be interested in playing a second edition D&D game on IRC?

A dedicated DM would also be needed.

CM
He's history...play with fire and you get burned."-Magus

And then the mage drew his two handed sword.  "Shit! We're screwed!"

Anonymous

I have stuff for AD&D but nothing that tells me how to play D&D.

Anastasia

I'm interested, but it would depend on many factors, and the times invovled.
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Dracos

AD&D is 2nd Edition D&D.

Would normally love to but have none of my books anywhere within access nor the free time to DM it.  As a player I can't afford to add another pound to my to do list at the moment ^^;;

Fearless Leader
Well, Goodbye.

kpjam

I'd be interested in hearing more.  My major concern is time.
he secret of tomb has been revealed, do nothing!

DP

I'd give it a try, but first I need to learn how to play 2nd edition.  

*DP goes off to delve into the mysteries of THACO.*

Dracos

THAC0 = To hit Armor Class 0.

Basically it translates to what you need to roll to hit an AC of 0.  Afterwards you modify it by the armor class by adding directly.  If your roll modified by the armor class is higher the THAC0, then you hit.  If not, then you missed.

At least, that's how I remember it.

Fearless Leader
Well, Goodbye.

kpjam

Quote from: Dracos on November 01, 2002, 04:22:51 PM
THAC0 = To hit Armor Class 0.

Basically it translates to what you need to roll to hit an AC of 0.  Afterwards you modify it by the armor class by adding directly.  If your roll modified by the armor class is higher the THAC0, then you hit.  If not, then you missed.

At least, that's how I remember it.

Fearless Leader

That's what it means.  Although in early additions, you subtracted the armor class.  (Ie. if had a 16 THAC0 and the person you were aiming at had an armor class of 5, you needed an 11.  not sure what addition that got changed, if it ever did.  Although, the couple computer D&D games have it switched, so I'm assuming it was switched and higher ac is now better, not lower.)
he secret of tomb has been revealed, do nothing!

Dracos

D&D swapped it around making it even more confusing then it already was -.-.

Fearless Leader
Well, Goodbye.

Anonymous

Alright then. Anyway I have way a lot of books that could be used for this. Five different monster books, a dm guide and players handbook, I have two different campaigns and a bunch of other stuff. Problem is most of it would only help if I was a DM. But the pace in my the games I run always end up getting rushed and ruined in the end. So I don't know how much any of my DM stuff would help.

Dracos

Sidenote: You'll need a dicebot if you are going to do an IRC D&D 2nd edition.  Ayame can probably do it, just ask Rez if he can set it up.

Fearless leader
Well, Goodbye.

CyMage

A general time has been set up.  2 am EST or 11 PST.

I'm also aware of the need for a dicebot.  I'll probably add the code to the lizard.  I'm sure it won't mind me using it in such a way. ^_^;
He's history...play with fire and you get burned."-Magus

And then the mage drew his two handed sword.  "Shit! We're screwed!"

Anastasia

I'm going to have to bow out, then.  I just can't make that time with my current schedule.
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Anonymous

Yea, that's a little late for me too.

yukatado

Is there any reason you can't run it 3E? I've never even been in the same room as a physical copy of an AD&D book of any sort; however, I have about $300 in 3E books ranging from the basic to FR and OA.

If you were to make it 3E then I could make it to gaming sessions if it were held on weekends, as I've early classes on week days next semester.

* Yukatado formulates a character . . .