The Lovecraftian mansion

Started by Dracos, November 30, 2002, 03:53:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dracos

Dracos has had it come into his mind to try his hand at building a short, horror adventure.  It would be held in the New England countryside and, notably, very lovecraftian influenced.

All players would be normal human beings.  No supernatural powers.  Party size will range between 4 to 8 characters.  You will have been invited to attend a prestigious event in the mansion so you don't need to necessarily be from that area.  A lot of player background is a good thing.  As almost always, I'll be running my diceless system.

If you are interested in this, post up here showing your interest.

I'll probably build the actual campaign during this winter break and run it then.

Fearless Leader
Well, Goodbye.

Dracos

Okay...  a bit more information so you can get an idea of the types of characters I'll allow.

The year is 1923...  You have received an invitation to the Radford mansion in Dunswick, Masschusetts.  The esteemed professor David Austwald Radford, lord of the Radford mansion has invited you to his estate for various reasons...most prominently your expressed interest in the supernatural.  You may be a student, history or otherwise, who is going to his mansion to conduct research.  You could be a reporter.  A fellow intellectual elite.  Don't discount being local...or from far away.  All things have their benefits and... disadvantages.

Be sure to flesh your character well...  And remember, it's sure to be a bumpy ride once the lights go out.

Fearless Leader
Well, Goodbye.

RyderHakubi

What sort of madness will I create today?"

Anonymous

If it's possible...could I join in? *ditches his old COR scale characters and grabs one very special one*

Time I rejoined the fray.

*will not die out with a whimper* ^^

Dracos

Yay!  That makes three players.  I can run it with this but I'd prefer a few more ^^

Fearless Leader
Well, Goodbye.

Dracos

Okay, somehow I neglected to say here I'd like to start this on the twentieth.  So instead I'll plan on starting it next monday.

Players please get in your character sheets over this coming weekend for approval.

Any last minute joins must get their sheets in during this timeframe as well.

Fearless Leader
Well, Goodbye.

Corwin

<Steph> I might have made a terrible mistake

Dracos

Okay, as it's four pm on sunday and I've received zero character sheets from those who've applied...

I'm delaying this until further notice for people to join and get their character info in.

Fearless Leader
Well, Goodbye.

Dracos

Okay, Olguin has dropped out unfortunately.

Current gamers who've expressed interest:
Panda
Ryder
Corwin

Need more gamers.

Need SHEETS

Get them in.

Fearless Leader
Brain fried
Well, Goodbye.

Corwin

Bro, I expressed interest at 5am. Gimme time....  -_-
<Steph> I might have made a terrible mistake

Dracos

Time you have, Corwin.  ^_^;  Me bark is worse than me bite regarding this.

I'm just barking mainly at the others who posted interest weeks ago.

Fearless leader
Well, Goodbye.

RyderHakubi

Sorry FL... haven't had CPU time since 5 PM Friday...

I'll try and do this when I get a shot, k?
What sort of madness will I create today?"

Dracos

I'll repeat:

Take your time.  make a good char sheet.

This is 'important'.

Fearless Leader
Well, Goodbye.

kpjam

That reminds me, let me know what you think of my sheet when you have the chance.
he secret of tomb has been revealed, do nothing!

Dracos

I'd tell you now but my head is in major headacheville...  and therefore I'm doing no thinking.

Fearless Leader
Well, Goodbye.