News:

Populated by the admins and moderators of your other favorite sites!

Main Menu

Lunar Boot Camp

Started by Corwin, September 14, 2003, 03:22:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Corwin

Rei is indeed right. Vir is running towards her, loaded with baggage. Rei notices one of her suitcases -- slightly singed and trails of smoke escaping from it -- on top of those he is carrying.

"Isn't that great, Rika dearest?" Genkai asks in a sweet voice. "Now we don't have to bother ourselves with talking to the nice insurance agents!"
<Steph> I might have made a terrible mistake

Ebiris

Rei's eyes light up. "You saved my bags!" she gushes, rushing over to meet Vir and help him with his load. "Thank you, ever so much!"

After taking a fair share of the burden, Rei walks again resumes walking to the terminal, keeping pace with Vir, thinking happy thoughts of how at least not everyone in the universe is out to get her after all.

Scowling a little at that thought, she gives some of her attention to the bane of her existence. "Yes, granny. It's a good thing we don't have to fill in all those forms they make us do, why, it must be such a strain on your tired old eyes to read the fine print," she says with a sweet voice that doesn't sound so strained any more.

Corwin

"I'm afraid I couldn't save everything," Vir laments, matching her pace. "Your largest suitcase prooved to be quite flammable, Miss Rika."

The blond man is about to continue, when he doubles over from the weight of Rika's dear grandmother appearing on his back.

"Thank you for reminding me of my old age," she tells Rei, showing the girl a row of sharp teeth as she smiles. "We must avoid any unnecessary strain on my bones, too."

Ebiris

Rei shrugs off the loss of one of her suitcases with equanimity. The fact that the guy made the effort to rescue any of them speaks quite highly of him, and, as she told herself earlier, nothing is irreplacable.

She is not able to take Genkai's rudeness towards her knight in shining armour quite so well, however. "Get off of him you old ghoul! How can you be so horrid to poor Mister Vir?!" she yells at the evil old woman, swinging one of the smaller suitcases up to try and knock her off of Vir.

Corwin

Weightened by Genkai's surprising bulk, Vir is unable to dodge, and is hit by the suitcase, as it passes through the spot the old woman had occupied until that moment. Vir crashes to the ground, the suitcases he was carrying dropping on top of him, Genkai plopping on top of them in turn.

Ebiris

Rei gasps in horror at what just transpired. "Now look what you made me do!" she accuses, before pushing Genkai away so she can dig Vir out from the luggage and check he is okay.

Corwin

"Pain..." he mutters, his eyes unfocused. "Can't feel... legs...."

Genkai snorts, standing nearby.

Ebiris

"Oh, dear..." Rei frets, making sure Vir is no longer buried under the luggage, but unsure what else she can do to alleviate his situation. She glares at Genkai before risking a look back at the emergency services to see if they might be of any assistance.

Corwin

The emergency services people have finally stopped dancing, now sitting around the fire in a semi-circle and eating the roasted sweet potatoes.

Ebiris

Rei holds up three fingers in front of Vir's eyes. "Mister Vir, how many fingers do you see?" she asks in a worried tone.

Corwin

"Seven and a third!" he proudly proclaims, his head lolling.

Brian

Makto finally breaks from watching silently and says, "Eiko-chan, why don't we help them to an infirmary, and then look for a kitchen?"
I handle other fanfic authors Nanoha-style.  Grit those teeth!  C&C incoming!
Prepare to be befriended!

~exploding tag~

Corwin

"Sure, just as long as we don't have to touch that dirty girl," Eiko replies. "I'll go get our luggage. Back in a second!"

The red-head takes off towards the liner you three came to the Moon with, the unconscious Luna in her arms.

Brian

"Er.... Hello, Rika, can I help you with any of your luggage?" Makoto asks quietly, trying to ignore the twitching blond knight and the smirking elder woman.
I handle other fanfic authors Nanoha-style.  Grit those teeth!  C&C incoming!
Prepare to be befriended!

~exploding tag~

Ebiris

Rei blinks at hearing Makoto's voice, having thought she and her friend had already left. "Um..." she looks between the strewn luggage and the other people present. "If you could help with the luggage, that'd be great. Granny, I don't suppose you could trouble your tired old bones to carry a few things as well? Then I can carry Mister Vir so we can get him some help..."

Before she picks up the dazed man, Rei suddenly remembers something. "Oh, I'm sorry! I never did get your name," she looks up at the other girl expectantly, taking the opportunity to properly check out Makoto's appearance, since she hadn't been paying attention before.