Reprise! Act 1!

Started by Carthrat, September 16, 2003, 12:18:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rezantis

"I just said, I just arrived here, so I don't know your rules.  Obviously that means I don't know what you're talking about."

Relm was almost done with her stew, thankfully, but she had the sinking feeling she wasn't going to get to finish it.
Hangin' out backstage, waiting for the show.

Carthrat

"Ah, a traveller! Well, then, you can purchase a temproary Union Pass! Good for three days!" replies the lackey, looking extremely cheerful. "If you'll just come with me to the union office.."
[19:14] <Annerose> Aww, mouth not outpacing brain after all?
[19:14] <Candide> My brain caught up

Rezantis

"Can I please just finish my stew?" Relm forced another vacant smile onto her face, "I'm really hungry, and I paid for it like any other law-abiding citizen."

Carthrat

"Oho! That man there would be called law abiding by our common courts of justice, but the manner in which he diddle the fine owner of this establishment cannot be denied!" spouts out the lackey, who unfortunately looks to truly be believing what he is saying. "Perhaps we should take you prisoner, too!"

Perhaps a request doomed to failure, as now the Main Man had draw his sword and was pointing it at Carthrat's face, which had gone from a bemused expression to an angry expression to a Downright Pissed expression.

Rezantis

"What, for buying some stew?"

Relm, who had kept eating through the conversation, had just run out of stew.

Well, at least it had been a good meal.

Carthrat

"Well.. uh, anyway, you still have to come and buy a pass," replies the lackey. "Think of it as supporting your fellow man! And, uh, woman. I guess."

The lackey's remark was punctuated by a loud *Crack*, which was followed by a wooshing noise, and then the breaking of thatch.

When next Relm glanced over, Carthrat was replacing his club back on the ground and taking his seat again, while the other lackey was muttering something about '..the inter-town thatchers union is going to have fits..'

Rezantis

Relm looked over at the club-wielder.

"Ah . . . shouldn't you go and help your friend?"

Carthrat

The lackey looks over at his buddy, then gapes.

That club was *awfully* big..

"Er.. I'll have to go and get reinforcements! You come with me, you can buy your union pass, to! We'll do it TOGETHER!" he speaks, grasping Relm's wrist and making to practically drag her away.

Rezantis

Relm glared at the lackey.

"Let go.  NOW."

Carthrat

The lackey lets go, more by the tone of Relm's voice rather than what she actually said.

But he was brave; he was not daunted, still he persisted.. "You have to come to the union office!"

Rezantis

"How about I stay here and keep an eye on this guy while you quickly go and get reinforcements?  It'd be no good if the reinforcements came and he'd already left, right?"

Carthrat

"Oh.. um, sure, that works," replies the lackey, dissapearing somewhere.

To be quickly followed by his buddy, who scampered out of there without even a twitch from Carthrat.

After all, that club was *awfully* huge.

Carthrat stands up, and decides that another day wandering the wilderness is preferable to hanging around in this town. He makes to head outside..

Rezantis

Grabbing her pack, Relm hefted it onto her back and headed towards the door herself.

Making herself scarce might not be the worst idea.

Carthrat

Carthrat steps outside-

And is immediatly drenched by the oncoming rain.

Several interesting changes take place, not least of which is a change of body density in the chest area, with alot of the extra mass taken from what was on the shoulders and arms. Not to mention a large decrease in height.

Oh, well. Maybe it was for the best. Surely nobody would recognize this woman wearing too-big armour and clothing and carrying a club that looked twice as big as her with no effort whatsoever.

Look like Carthrat didn't need to unpack his Orb of Pest Resistance after all..

Rezantis

A few seconds later, Relm herself stepped outside into the rain . . .

And was greeted by the sight of a brown haired woman wearing the exact same gear as the man she'd followed outside.

Uh-huh.

"Excuse me, but have you seen a man about so high (she gestured), wearing armour like yours, clothes like yours, and carrying a club rather like yours?"