Reprise! Act 1!

Started by Carthrat, September 16, 2003, 12:18:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Carthrat

"Oh, Carthrat? He's, uh, busy. I'm his, erm, replacement. The position wasn't vacant for long," replies Carthrat-chan, twiddling her thumbs. "He'll be, uh, not be seen around here a while, but if you follow me, I could take you to him. Maybe."

The reasons Carthrat-chan was acting all self-concious was because of a small crowd of Unionizers gathered outside the Union hall. They didn't see Relm, however, 'cos despite being of the fairer sex, Carthrat was still, even without the excess muscle, quite tall.
[19:14] <Annerose> Aww, mouth not outpacing brain after all?
[19:14] <Candide> My brain caught up

Rezantis

"I'll bet."  Relm paused a moment.  "I don't know about you, but I'm going elsewhere, and if there's anyone with any intelligence at all in that little group over there," she nodded towards the unioners, "you should too."
Hangin' out backstage, waiting for the show.

Carthrat

"That was my plan," replies Carthrat, shrugging, walking off to the East, as opposed to the South, where he came from.

"What a bunch of freaks," she mutters, glancing over at the unionists.

Rezantis

Relm watched the . . . woman?  Man?  Club wielding figure?

Whatever.

Anyway, after the club-wielding person had gotten some distance away, Relm walked over towards the Union Office, around the edge of the group of Unioners who were gathering out the front.

Carthrat

The unionists appear to be holding some kind of rally. They're constantly chanting slogans and feel-good phrases repeatedly..

"For the Union!"

"The People Deserve This!"

"Don't worry, be happy!"

"The Common Man will prevail!"

While all that garbage was being spewed, Relm enters the union office.

-

Inside, the union office appears to have a sparsely furnished entrance area. A desk stands to one side, with a bored looking clerk behind it. A stairwell leads up the building, presumably to the actual office area.

And the barracks? Judging by the amount of people streaming down the staircase (which was more than this building should really be able to hold), there must be *some* living facilities out there.

-

Meanwhile, the rain stops, and a drenched woman manages to reach the Sun'Y'Dale gate.

"Well, at least they can't *legally* chase me once I leave the town," she mutters to herself. "But, dammit.. I'm so tired.."

Walking just outside the gate, Carthrat-chan leans against the palisade wall surrounding the town.. and promptly falls asleep.

Nobody would dare mug her, though. That club was *awfully* big..

Rezantis

Relm wandered up to the clerk.

"Ah . . . since I'm new in town, can you explain what the rules about this 'union pass' are?"

Carthrat

The clerk looks down at Relm. "Union pass? You're asking about a union pass during a rally?" he snorts. "If you must know, it shows that you are a fully fledged member of...

THE UNION!!!

Er, more importantly, it means you're cleared to conduct your business here," finishes the clerk.

More Dramatic Lightning accompanied his announcement, however, and it promptly started raining again..

-

"Aww, lets just hurry up and do this!" bellows one of the unionists. "I'd rather get inside where it's warm!"

With that announcement, the unionists stream inside the tavern..

Rezantis

"What if you don't -have- any business in town?"

Carthrat

The clerk shrugs.

"Just about anything is considered business by these hooligans," he replies. "Between you and me, I think it's a tad excessive. But the ideals are good!

I just hope someone takes charge over these clowns; you have no idea how the pay can bounce around here."

Rezantis

Relm nodded.  

"Thank you, you've been more than helpful."

And so saying, she ducked off towards the door and out before the clerk could say anything more.

Carthrat

When Relm came outside, she witnessed all of the Unionists heading outside as well, looking around nervously.

"Where'd he go?" one of them cries, peering down an alley.

One of the unionists stepped forward. He was the same unionist Relm had promised to help. "You there! You promised to help us! Which way did he go?" he asks. "Tell us, for the good of the people!"

Rezantis

"He went down there," Relm said without skipping a beat, pointing down the road 'Carthrat' had taken, "and then he ducked into that alley there," she pointed to an alley a fair way down the same road.

"I didn't see him come out again, though."

Carthrat

The unionists didn't pause to thank Relm as they thundered down the road towards the alley where Carthrat was apparently hiding, leaving Relm alone on an empty street.

Rezantis

Relm blinked, then shrugged, and walked back to the tavern.

Carthrat

The tavern.. was a wreck. The larger portion of the interior had been smashed about by the unionists in their search for a man who, if he was there, would've really stood out like an elephant in a snail race. Most of the patrons were starting to leave; a few were left helping themselves to the ale, as the barkeep had mysteriously vanished.