News:

"Why do you call it soulriders?"
"Because we grind your souls, hopes, and dreams down ... and ride the wave."

Main Menu

Saillune

Started by Asrana, September 22, 2003, 12:39:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Asrana

Caelena flew around the night sky, finally moving back to the rendezvous point to wait for Raquel, yawning.

"Mm...must've been underground, anything serious would've stuck above the trees..." she murmured to herself, shrugging and looking down at the earth below.
lt;Kotono>  (Currently looks like a 16-year-old girl):I walk up to the leader and say, "Are you so sure you want our money?" and use my alter self ability to grow a massive bulge in my pants.

Bean Bandit

Raquel leaned against a tree, smiling slightly as she idly watched the night sky, waiting for Caelena to return, scuffing her boot idly on the ground in mild frustration.

"All that looking, and nothing...I hope Callie had better luck..."
---
I love the games I've played here.

Asrana

Caelena finally began dropping to the ground, sitting on a tree branch a couple feet above Raquel.

"Didn't find anything...and by the looks of it, neither did you, ne?" she inquired softly, humming. She idly kicked at the air, playing with a lock of her black hair.
lt;Kotono>  (Currently looks like a 16-year-old girl):I walk up to the leader and say, "Are you so sure you want our money?" and use my alter self ability to grow a massive bulge in my pants.

Bean Bandit

Raquel shook her head, smiling apologetically up at Caelena. "Maa...The trail was cold...gomen."

She ran a hand through her hair, pushing the midnight black mane from her eyes, and pulled her cloak closed, and looked up at her oldest friend for ideas. "What do we do now? Can we still find them?"
---

Asrana

Caelena shook her head. "Would be too much trouble for a small hoard. We should get some sleep and head for the next city. And hope we can come across something there or on the way," she yawned, pushing herself off the branch to hang from it before dropping to the ground.

Bean Bandit

Raquel nodded, smiling. "Mm. It's really only an afterthought, anyway...We can make do without it, if we need too." she answered blithely, turning toward the town.
---

Asrana

Caelena nodded, starting back towards the damaged town, and hopefully a good night's sleep before the renewal of travel in the morning...

Bean Bandit

Raquel followed Caelena, looking forward to a normal bed for once. Sleeping out of doors was getting old. She began to hum softly as she followed her childhood friend, keeping a watchful eye on their surroundings as they returned to where they had started, looking for a place to spend the night...
---

Carthrat

While everyone else is busy obsessing over paltry things like treasure and gold, Kylen sets his mind to continuing to aid the populance of the area; lending a helping hand when necessary.

After he is convinced that the town is looking after itself, he goes off to find the mayor, or at least somebody who is in a position of power.

"Excuse me, sir, but I can't help wondering if you've sent someone to the capitol for aid yet," he says upon finding them. "May I ask if you have?"
[19:14] <Annerose> Aww, mouth not outpacing brain after all?
[19:14] <Candide> My brain caught up

Merc

The man questioned is a bit startled, as he wipes some sweat off his brow, "Oh yes, some of the guys said the tavern had gotten us some helping hands from travellers, hello. Unfortunately, it's too dark to go out right now, even with the moonlight, the best anyone could hope for is to get attacked by some roving monster or bandit. Right now we're mostly trying to find survivors and making some areas where people will be safe."
<Cidward> God willing, we'll all meet in Buttquest 2: The Quest for More Butts.

Carthrat

"Ara- ah, actually, sir, I travel best by night," replies Kylen, giving an embarrased little shrug. "I'm sure I can handle myself against any bandit or monster that appears.. but, I must confess, I'm being somewhat selfish.

You see, I was hired to transport some stock to the capital.. but when the bandits attacked, my horse bolted, most of my stock, not to mention my wagon, was destroyed.. but I still have some stock remaining.

I can hardly carry it to the capitol, so I was hoping I could borrow a horse and cart for the journey? I'll see that the aid party they will send will return it to you, and I can leave right away, if need be."

Merc

The man paused in thought at Kylen's request. Normally, he'd have to be foolish to lend a horse to someone in the night, but this young man -had- helped around the village, and he looked to be honest in his intentions. They could afford a horse in exchange for quicker aid. "Very well, I'll lend you my own personal horse and cart, they should easily be one of the fastest pair you'll find in town. Please keep safe in your journey."

With that, the man leads him to his home, which hadn't been too damaged and to his horse and a cart. "Good luck," he says before hurrying back to the other townsfolk, leaving Kylen to his own path.

Carthrat

"Ah, thankyouverymuch! I really appreciate this," says Kylen. "Well, goodbye. I doubt I'll come back, but I hope you all get back on track."

-

It didn't take very long for Kylen to load up the cart with his coffin and cover it with a tarpaulin, and later that evening, with bow in one hand and reins in the other, he sets off with the horse at a fast pace, hoping to reach the capital before dawn.

It was only 40 miles.. with any luck, he'll get there with an hour to spare.

Merc

Though it took some hunting, Caelena and Raquel eventually found a stable building where they could sleep in at the town. It was a bit crowded, as some people also had to take up residence, but it was comfortable enough for their purposes. As Lina and her gang pillage treasure away, and Kylen makes his travel to the capital, the two women fall to a relatively peaceful slumber.

Come morning, Raquel finds herself being lightly poked as someone tries to wake her up. It's the mayor of the town, the man who had lent Kylen his horse.

Bean Bandit

Raquel had been tossing and turning a little, in the beginnings of another nightmare when she was jolted to wakefulness by an insistent poking. Her eyes snapped open, and from beneath her pillow, a hand clutching one of her throwing knives appeared.

"Who-!"
---