News:

"Destiny Challenged us and so we chose to end the world.  There was nothing to regret.  Nothing."

Main Menu

STAR * DRIVE : On The Verge

Started by Huitzil, September 18, 2003, 11:42:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Huitzil

The game is Alternity, the best system ever.

The setting is Star * Drive, a space opera in the Gravity Age where we have just begun to expand from our arm of the Milky Way galaxy. With us in our expansion are the wise Fraal, the strong Weren, the brilliant Mechalus, the independent T'sa, and the unfortunate Sesheyans, though humans outnumber all of them by about a million to one.

The new frontier is the Verge, an wild and untamed region of space filled with countless opportunity and even more ways to die. In between here and there is 2,000 light years of empty void, crossable only through the aid of the stardrive, a device that allows faster than light travel in jumps of exactly 121 hours at a time.

While the stellar nations of Old Space (ie: here) waged a war they called Galactic War 2, the Verge was abandoned, as it was too far away to be of any military use. For a hundred years the Vergers survived on ofyten hostile worlds with no backup or supplies from the steller nations that supposedly owned the colonies.

It is now the year of our Lord 2501. GW2 has ended and communication between the Verge and Old Space has been restored, and the stellar nations vie with one another for control over new resources and planets found within. Some Vergers aren't happy about this, about having the nations lay claim to what they labored hard on, and some of them are going to do something about it. Mysterious aliens called "Klicks" attack ruthlessly and randomly within the Hammer's Star system, their origins and motives baffling to all. There is money to be made, wrongs to be righted, mysteries to solve, and threats to combat. Space lies wide open, ready for people with the savvy and the will to burn their names onto the slate of history.

The players will be anyone who posts in this thread expressing interest.
ee the turtle, ain't he keen?
All things serve the fuckin' Beam.

Bjorn

I'm interested.  I'm thinking an ex-Army Corps of Engineers sort of character; a greasemonkey with some basic military training.  

Do you have any more detail on campaign background?

Bjorn

Dracos

Hmm, not sure.  I'll have to think about it.

Dracos
Well, Goodbye.

Prince Herb

I'll be your hotshot pilot!

Huitzil

Bjorn has acquired the Star * Drive camapign setting as well as the Arms & Equipment guide, making him too cool for school. Talk to him if you are in need of resources.

In addition to the races listed in the Player's Handbook (human, fraal, weren, mechalus, sesheyan, t'sa), I will also allow robot heroes and Deepfallen heroes.

Robot heroes are complicated but cool, talk to me if you want to be a robot and I will use my hyper-awesome Dataware to walk you through it.

Deepfallen are aquatic humanoids native to Bluefall in the Aegis system. They're psionically predisposed and in fact have a psionic link with the rest of their race; it isn't as sever as a hive-mind but deepfallen don't think of themselves as individuals. A deepfallen hero would obviously be an exception to this rule, someone overcome by wanderlust and compelled to leave Bluefall to explore the Verge. Deepfallen are physically average but mentally powerful, and all of them are at least psionic talents.

Dracos

Hmm, I'll talk with Bjorn and see about looking through those.  I'm swamped with work though, so no promises -_-

Dracos
Well, Goodbye.

Trunkyboy

I am always up for a game.  I am new to the system however, so I will have to spend some time looking over the PHB.

Oh, and good to see you've got your muse back ^^
riss and I against the world!

Rackham and Nirae get no breaks...

Why, oh why wasn't I born rich?

Huitzil

Okay, so far we have characters for the following:

Bjorn is Finn Gunnarsdottir, a Mechalus raised in the underground city of Lison by human and T'sa rhodium miners, who loves to fix things, whether or not they were actually broken.

Brian is Jim Gammel (who is using a Memento reference because he asked me for a name), a brash and unconventional negotiator from the lawless world of Lucullus.

Prince_Herb is Nancy Harrison, a Solar from Old Space who has just arrived in the Verge on her "classic" courier ship, the "Principa Mathematica", seeking fame and fortune, mostly fortune, in the untamed frontier of space.

Thepanda is working on his character and will probably be a T'sa mercenary. Dracos has yet to read the Alternity books, and if he puts it off any longer I may have to smack him. Ginrai has yet to download the books because he doesn't have enough HD space. And Trunkyboy (or anyone, really), please tell me what (if any) ideas you have about what you may play, certain options may require me to start some background work sooner.

Dracos

hum?  Ginrai's having problems with that?

I can just put them permanently in a shared directory and he can read them right off my comp.

Dracos
Well, Goodbye.

Huitzil

IMPENDING DEADLINE: The game will start at the end of this week come Hell or high water. If your character is not complete and given to me by then, you do not get to play. Drac, you should probably do the thing with the folders and stuff, because at the glacial rate it takes Gin to do anything he won't be able to play otherwise.

Gryphon Aerie

Hmm...

Sounds interesting!

*starts pouring over the books*
ryphon Aerie
(of course)

^_^;