Introduction to Just Like Old Times

Started by Tomas, May 29, 2002, 11:46:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tomas

The History of this RPG:

A couple of years ago there was a chatroom within the Delphi Forums network that was damn cool.  It allowed for a lot of RPing including actions and nick changes without the other people in the chatroom knowing about the changes in one's nick.  This allowed for a very solid way to Roleplay while destroying all sense of disbelief.  The chatroom was a good place to talk, drink, fight, and go on adventures, as well as just general fooling around, all in the name of fun.  Then, a year ago they killed the chatroom and replaced it with a very, very horrible version that totally destroyed the Roleplay experience.  Then, a half a year ago, I began this little RPG in the Delphi Fanfic Forum for those of us who used to play around in that chatroom to have some fun.  Now, however, the time seems right to move the RPG, and to begin anew.

The Purpose of this RPG:

The only reason this RPG exists is to have fun.  Its to at least in the slightest simulate the fun that was had in the old chatroom back in Delphi.  However, everything from the first JLOT no longer counts.

The Structure of this RPG:

There is no real Game Master in this RPG.  That would be far too structured to come close to simulating what went on in the past.  Instead the characters move the story along in whatever direction they go.  Sure its chaotic, but its never boring.

The Rules of this RPG:

Despite the lack of a Game Master, there are still some rules to this RPG.  While chaos is good, and Kaos is great, I don't want things to be too dull.  And so, the rules:

* No killing characters other then your own without permission.  It just isn't polite, don't you know.

* No automatic hits.  You cannot say things like "Kwok simply cut Rat's arm off and beat him in the head with it."  Characters do have the chance to react.

* No immortal characters.  No one can dodge all the time and everyone can be hurt.  It's a fact of the game.  If you don't like it, then don't play.

* At some point, EVERYONE has to play random bad guys that pop up, whether its an army of cloned Tux-Boys, or a bunch of perverted tentacle demons.  Of course, everyone can also play all of the random bad guys at once.  That's part of the fun.  ^_^

* I have final say.  If I don't think something you're doing fits within the RPG I'll tell you to stop.  You don't stop, and bad stuff will happen to you.  That has happened only once, and that was because someone had an insanely huge sig.

* For any messages within the RPG that are out of character use an OOC tag.  If you need to write an entire post that is OOC, place it in this section.

Characters in this RPG:

This is completely new for the RPG.  I must clear all characters before they can enter the RPG, with specific abilities and features listed.  I don't want characters gaining massive new powers all of a sudden.  Any major changes to your characters also have to be cleared by me.  I'm not very strict on characters, so don't worry too much about it.  Hell, I don't even want to know your character's past in detail, just a little brief description.  Make a new thread for your character within the proper section.  You can follow the layout I used for my character to do yours.