News:

"Destiny Challenged us and so we chose to end the world.  There was nothing to regret.  Nothing."

Main Menu

Sailor Moon RPG LOGS, Arc 2, the Metallia arc!

Started by Anastasia, November 13, 2003, 02:04:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anastasia

Onto the second arc, where the big showdown happens and we see all sorts of shenanigans!

In the event you are new to reading these logs and the game in general, kindly go to the Sailor Moon RPG LOGS topic instead of this one. Read that and then come here.

The logs of the second arc will posted shortly. Or at least the first few.
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Anastasia

Hm. This is where what I would like to call the Metallia arc begins. The shadowy figure behind Beryl takes a more active roll than in canon in this RP. Man, does it show.

[18:39] <Anastasia> To the main plot in a second.
[18:42] <Anastasia> Okay - It's the day after the last day (the date day, in other words.)
[18:42] <Anastasia> Mamoru has still been unconscious, but has been showing more signs of recovering.
[18:47] <Anastasia> On this cloudy, abnormally cold Saturday, Minako and Rei stay with Mamoru while the others go to class.
[18:48] <Anastasia> The morning passes by idly, and soon the Senshi meet after school at Rei's place for lunch snacks and general discussion.
[18:49] <V-chan> "Why don't we try to wake Mamoru up?" Minako asks suddenly.
[18:50] <V-chan> "Rei-chan, you must have some strong smelling salts in store, don't you?"
[18:50] <Usagi-chan> "I'd rather wait until he wakes up on his own. He still needs time to rest!"
[18:51] <V-chan> "What if the Dark Kingdom attacks? Won't it be better if he could defend himself?"
[18:51] <Usagi-chan> "Even if he was awake he's still got a broken hand. It's not like he could defend himself with that anyway."
[18:52] <Rei-chan> "We can defend him fine. It's best to let him recover at his own pace," Rei says gently, hoping to head off an argument.
[18:52] <V-chan> "What if we have to go and stop a youma attack, only it will be a diversion?"
[18:53] <Usagi-chan> "Then one of us can stay here and keep an eye on him."
[18:53] <Rei-chan> "We'll cross that bridge when we come to it. Normally only two of us can handle a youma well enough, and with Kunzite dead, I doubt they'd try much right now..."
[18:54] <V-chan> "If only we could attack them, instead of the other way around...."
[18:54] * Prince_Herb nods.
[18:55] <Anastasia> "Usagi? Rei?" Mamoru moans. "I have such a headache...quiet..." Turning, you see that he's sitting up, wobbly, but sitting up.
[18:55] <Rei-chan> "Yeah..." Rei says, clenching a fist. "I wish we could end this, once and for all..." she trails off angrily, thinking of what nearly happened to her grandfather.
[18:55] <Usagi-chan> "Mamoru!" Usagi rushes over to his side.
[18:55] <Rei-chan> "Mamoru-san, you're awake!"
[18:55] <Anastasia> "Usagi..." he smiles. "Do you have...any aspirin?"

Romantic bitch, isn't he?

[18:56] * Usagi-chan looks over at Rei. "Where do you keep the aspirin here?"
[18:56] <Rei-chan> "In the bathroom. Hold on, I'll get it," Rei says, rushing out of the room.
[18:57] * Usagi-chan takes Mamoru's good hand. "How are you feeling? Aside from the headache, I mean."
[18:57] <Anastasia> Mamoru looks deeply at Usagi. "Princess..." he murmurs, shaking his head. "It's almost insane that it's old dumpling head..."
[18:58] * Usagi-chan looks angry for a moment, then smiles. "And I still can't believe that YOU of all people were Tuxedo Kamen."
[18:58] * Rei-chan returns, bearing a glass of water and two small white pills. "Here you go," she says, dropping the pills in Mamoru's hand and putting the glass on the floor next to him.
[18:58] * Prince_Herb steers clear of the glass of water.
[18:59] <Anastasia> He quickly takes the pills, chasing them with water. "Thanks, Rei. So...why am I here?" he says. "What happened?"
[18:59] <V-chan> "You were used for _evil_, but Rei-chan saved you," Minako eloquently explains.
[18:59] <Rei-chan> "Minako did most of the work," Rei blushes.
[19:00] <V-chan> "It wouldn't have been possible without Rei-chan!"
[19:00] <Rei-chan> "You did the real work. All I did was stop him getting teleported again, which would have been pointless if you hadn't purified him," Rei retorts.
[19:00] <Anastasia> "Wha...?" he eloquently says. "Evil?"
[19:01] * Rei-chan sighs. "What's the last thing you remember, Mamoru-san?"
[19:01] <V-chan> "Yes," Minako replies. "You were probably taken to their evil base, where you were converted."
[19:01] <Prince_Herb> "Hey, Makoto and me were there too, remember." Prince_Herb says.
[19:02] <Anastasia> "I remember that Usagi transformed into Sailor Moon...And the Princess..." he says, trailing off.
[19:02] * V-chan skillfully ignores Herb's comment.
[19:02] <Rei-chan> "Yes, it was a team effort. But Minako's purification was the key element," Rei says reasonably.
[19:03] * V-chan doesn't ignore Rei-chan, and blushes at her praise.
[19:03] <Anastasia> "What?" he says, confused.
[19:04] <Rei-chan> "Look, Mamoru-san, you were brainwashed into working for the Dark Kingdom. We fought you a few times, then fixed you. Now, if you can remember anything at all about the Dark Kingdom's base, it would _really_ help us out," Rei says, trying to keep from sounding too insistent, and failing.
[19:05] <V-chan> "It would help if we knew whom we were fighting and why, beyond the name of the Dark Kingdom," Minako mutters, throwing a look at the mooncats.
[19:06] <Anastasia> Artemis sends Mina a look that translates to 'Later'.

Yeah, that was a bad call, cat.

[19:06] * Rei-chan notices Artemis' look. "You holding out on us, cat?"
[19:06] <Anastasia> "I...fought for the Dark Kingdom..." he says, looking downward.
[19:07] <V-chan> "It's okay," Minako is quick to reassure Mamoru. "You fought really badly, so we knew your heart was still in the right place!"

Zing, slam and burn...although, he did get the better of Sailor Dragon in a short brawl.

[19:07] * Usagi-chan squeezes Mamoru's hand gently. "It's okay, you didn't know." At Rei's comment, she glances over toward Luna and Artemis.
[19:07] * Rei-chan covers her mouth and coughs several times to hide her laughter at Minako's 'reassurance'.
[19:07] <Anastasia> "Er...thanks...um, Minako?" he says, stumbling over her name.
[19:08] <Anastasia> "Well," Artemis begins..."It's...complicated. Isn't that right, Luna?"
[19:08] * V-chan nods. "I'm Minako Aino, the warrior of love!"
[19:08] <Rei-chan> "Oh yeah, you already know me, Mamoru-san, but I'm also Sailor Mars," Rei adds as an afterthought.
[19:08] * Usagi-chan gives Luna a hard stare.
[19:09] <Ninja_Ami> "Sailor Mercury," Ami chimes in.
[19:09] <Anastasia> "You girls remember a bit from the Moon Kingdom, don't you?" Luna begins, pacing.
[19:10] <Anastasia> "Wow..." Mamoru says. "All of you are the Senshi?"
[19:10] <Rei-chan> "Moon Kingdom? I know that's where the Moon Princess," Rei nods at Usagi "Comes from, but I can't remember anything else you've mentioned about it."
[19:10] <V-chan> "I do..." Minako replies to Luna.
[19:11] <Usagi-chan> "Just little bits and pieces, really. Just tiny memories that don't make any sense."
[19:12] <Anastasia> "The Moon Kingdom ruled many, many millennia ago," Luna begins. "It was the time of the Silver Millenium, where Queen Serenity rules the solar system and beyond in wisdom and harmony."
[19:12] * Rei-chan listens to Luna with an interested expression, but refrains from commenting until she can hear the whole story.
[19:15] <Anastasia> "Each planet in the solar system was inhabited in some manner, and each had a Princess. Princess Mercury, Princess Venus, Princess Mars, Princess Jupiter and so on. Each of these princesses were also charged with great powers to defend and protect..." she trails off.
[19:17] <Usagi-chan> "Protect who?"
[19:17] <V-chan> "You, Princess Serenity."
[19:17] <Rei-chan> "So the Princesses were the Sailor Senshi?"
[19:18] <Anastasia> "Yes," Luna says. "And the Moon was the cradle of the Silver Millenium."
[19:18] * Usagi-chan goes very quiet at that.
[19:19] <Anastasia> "Earth, on the other hand..." Luna starts, then stops. "Well, Prince Endymion came from Earth."
[19:19] * Usagi-chan looks down at Mamoru.
[19:20] <Rei-chan> "Where does the Dark Kingdom fit in all of this?" Rei asks, leaning forward.
[19:20] <Anastasia> Nian interjects. "Yes, the Moon Kingdom and its _allies_ were a powerful, peaceful force. But..."
[19:20] * Prince_Herb scratches Nian behind the ears.
[19:21] <Prince_Herb> "Have you remembered something new, Nian?"
[19:21] <Ninja_Ami> "So Earth wasn't allied with the Moon?"
[19:21] <Anastasia> "I'm afraid not, Herb. That is the limit of my recollection."
[19:21] * Rei-chan suddenly has a moment of insight. "The Dark Kingdom was from Earth, right?"
[19:22] <Anastasia> "Not entirely," Artemis hedges. "Earth was a...different place than the rest of the solar system, I guess you could say."
[19:22] <Usagi-chan> "What do you mean, different?"
[19:23] <Anastasia> "It wasn't entirely in line with the Silver Millenium," Mamoru says flatly. He blinks. "What?" he mutters, confusedly.
[19:23] * Usagi-chan looks back at Mamoru. "What did you just say?"
[19:23] <Anastasia> Mamoru shakes his head and then holds it in his hands.
[19:24] <Anastasia> "I don't know. It felt like a fragment of something came up for a second..."
[19:24] * Usagi-chan stares at Luna again. "What does he mean by that?"
[19:26] <Anastasia> Luna sighs. "Perhaps it would be a subject better left for later, because my memories of it are not perfect by any means," she says, shaking her feline head.
[19:27] <Usagi-chan> "Perfect or not, what DO you remember?"
[19:27] <Rei-chan> "So... if I'm Sailor Mars... I'm also the Princess of Mars?" Rei asks, sounding a bit dazed at that concept.

No wonder she's a snob. >_>

<_<

*Gets stabbed*

[19:28] <Anastasia> "Yes, you are. You are the reincarnation of Princess Mars, of the planet Mars."
[19:28] <Anastasia> Artemis says, smiling, "Welcome to royalty, Rei dear."
[19:28] * Prince_Herb nods
[19:28] <Rei-chan> "I need to sit down," Rei says, ignoring the fact that she is already doing so.
[19:29] * Usagi-chan glances over at Rei and giggles.
[19:29] <Usagi-chan> "Now you know how I felt."
[19:29] <V-chan> "Hey, royalty isn't all it's hyped up to be," Minako comments, moving closer to Rei.
[19:29] <Prince_Herb> "Nian said he was surprised that all the other Senshi were so lowly born in this life; he expected you all to be women of royal birth."
[19:29] * Rei-chan smiles at Usagi, still looking a bit out of it. "This is a lot weirder than just being a defender of love and justice..."
[19:30] <Rei-chan> "I suppose it doesn't matter..." Rei rationalizes. "Not like there's anyone on Mars for me to be the Princess of..."
[19:30] <Ninja_Ami> "Wait. If that's true where does Sailor Moon fit in?"
[19:30] <Anastasia> "Yes," Nian says. "I was truly shocked to find you all born as normal peasants. The reincarnation process is imperfect."
[19:31] <Rei-chan> "Peasants?!" Rei whirls on the cat, looking furious. "Where do you get off talking like that?!"
[19:31] <V-chan> "Hey, watch who you're calling a peasant!" Minako exclaims.
[19:31] <V-chan> Turning to Rei, she adds, "Don't worry, you'll always be a Princess to me!"

And Minako will be her Prince.

Actually, considering that it feels like Rei is in the feminine role in their relationship....

[19:31] <Anastasia> "Even if you were born as peasants, you are not peasants by any means," he says, quickly backtracking.
[19:32] * Rei-chan giggles slightly at Minako's words. "Thanks. You too. We're all Princesses! This is weird..."
[19:32] <V-chan> "We should start a union...."
[19:32] <Rei-chan> "Hey, wait a minute! Where's the Queen of Mars, then?!"
[19:32] <Anastasia> "Sailor Moon is the heir to the Moon Kingdom," Luna says simply.
[19:34] * Usagi-chan shakes her head. "I know it's got to be right, but it's just so hard to believe."
[19:35] <Anastasia> "The Queen of Mars was not reincarnated to my knowledge," Artemis says.
[19:36] * V-chan turns to look straight at Artemis. "Tell us something useful, then. Tell us about something you know. The Dark Kingdom."
[19:36] <Rei-chan> "So... if the Queen is dead, the Princess gets promoted..." Rei giggles maniacally. "Call me Queen!" she yells, before falling over.
[19:37] <Prince_Herb> "Not yet. You must be crowned by your subjects first"
[19:37] * V-chan grabs Artemis. "Talk."
[19:38] <Anastasia> "What?!" he squawks.
[19:38] * Rei-chan sobers a little. "What subjects?" she grouses. "This fancy talk of royalty is nice, but it means nothing... the planets are all lifeless." She nods at Minako. "Minako's right, lets discuss the real issue here."
[19:38] * V-chan glares at him. "You know what."
[19:39] <Anastasia> "Okay, okay." He sighs. "You're pretty, you're perfect, you're Sailor V-chan. Can I be let down now?" he says sarcastically.
[19:41] <V-chan> "What's that?" Minako leans closer to Artemis, as if listening to something he's whispering. "You called Usagi fat?"

"It's just baby fat, thought! And you'll have a great rack when it fades!" Artemis yelps.

[19:42] <Usagi-chan> "WHAAAAAT?!!"
[19:42] <Rei-chan> "She could stand to lose a few pounds," Rei nods.
[19:42] <Anastasia> "Yes," Luna says nodding automatically.
[19:42] <Rei-chan> "Uh... forget I said that!" Rei backtracks, realizing she spoke out loud.
[19:42] * Usagi-chan glares at Rei, then stalks over and snatches Luna by the scruff of her neck. "Care to repeat that?"
[19:43] <Anastasia> Luna, eyes bugging, follows Mars's lead. "Sorry, Usagi...but I like to draw Sailor Marshmellow..." she falls into a fit of giggling.
[19:43] * Rei-chan subtly moves so Minako is between herself and Usagi.
[19:44] <Usagi-chan> "Oh good, I was looking for an excuse to practice my MOONCAT SHOTPUT!"
[19:44] * V-chan subtly leans towards Artemis again. "Tell me about the Dark Kingdom or share her fate."
[19:44] <Anastasia> "USAGI!" Luna loudly protests.
[19:44] * Prince_Herb sighs inwardly as he realizes once again that he's stuck with a bunch of kids.

It's fourteen and fifteen year old girls. You're lucky they haven't turned you in a giggling, mazagine reading girl.

[19:44] <Ninja_Ami> "Luna, why doesn't any remember any of this? I mean a kingdom on the moon should have left some records. And after all this time no one has spotted any ruins?"
[19:46] <Anastasia> "I don't know," Luna says from her held position. "The remaining magic could very well hide it from the eyes of Earth, though."
[19:46] <Rei-chan> "Is there a way for us to get past that magic?" Rei asks, thinking of what useful information they might possibly glean from the lost civilization.
[19:46] <Usagi-chan> "Why would there still be magic there if there's no one there, anyway?"
[19:48] <Anastasia> "The magic used lingers to this day, perhaps. Magic doesn't necessarily degenerate with time when used on that scale and power." Luna shrugs helplessly.
[19:49] <Rei-chan> "But if we're... reincarnated guardians of that kingdom, surely there must be some way for us to get past it?"
[19:49] <Ninja_Ami> "Do you think there would still be some information about the enemy somewhere on the moon?"
[19:49] <Anastasia> "The Crystal probably could," Nian ventures. "But even with that, it would leave the problem of reaching the Lunar surface."
[19:50] * V-chan frowns at Artemis, but then sneaks outside, while holding him by the scruff of his neck.
[19:52] * Ninja_Ami begins to drool at the possibilities, thinking, "Ancient ruins + powerful kingdom = $$$loot$$$! BWHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!"
[19:53] * Usagi-chan carelessly drops Luna and sighs. "I don't know about you guys, but all this talk about Moon Kingdoms and royalty is making me thirsty. Any chance of getting something to drink, your highness?" Usagi bows to Rei.
[19:55] <Rei-chan> "Sure thing, your Majesty," Rei replies sarcastically. "Anyone else want anything?" she asks as she heads towards the kitchen.
[19:57] <Rei-chan> Seeing no takers, Rei shrugs and exits the room.
[19:59] <Anastasia> "Usagi...Princess." Mamoru says. "I...want to thank you."
[19:59] <Usagi-chan> "Thank me? For what?"
[20:00] <Anastasia> "For everything." he says. "For saving me...for not giving up me...all I did for the Dark Kingdom..."
[20:01] * Rei-chan returns, bearing a glass of lemonade. "I trust this is to the lady's satisfaction?" she asks, bowing deeply and presenting it to the Moon Princess. And of course, ruining the mood.
[20:01] * Usagi-chan turns away from Mamoru silently and accepts the lemonade without a word.
[20:02] <Usagi-chan> "But I didn't do anything..." she says, too quietly for Mamoru to hear.

*Laughs*

[20:03] <Ninja_Ami> "So Luna, there might be whole cities up there just waiting to be discovered, huh?"
[20:03] * Rei-chan looks around, wondering where Minako went.

---Meanwhile, outside the shrine---

[19:51] <V-chan> "Alright. Did the others make you uncomfortable?"
[19:51] <Anastasia> "Kind of," he admits.
[19:52] <V-chan> "I thought we were a team," Minako says, before shaking her head. "No, I _remember_ that we're a team."
[19:52] <V-chan> "What's so secret that the others can't hear about it?"
[19:52] <Anastasia> "The Moon Kingdom is there, all right," he signs. "But it has new tenants."
[19:53] <Anastasia> "That much I know."
[19:53] * V-chan releases Artemis from shock.
[19:53] <V-chan> "New tenants?!" she whispers harshly, squatting down to look at him
[19:54] <Anastasia> "It's funny, isn't it?" he says quietly. "All this time, we've been fighting them while they sit in OUR home."
[19:54] <V-chan> "How... how long have you known?"
[19:55] <Anastasia> "We regained some memories when Usagi became the Princess," he says. "One of the fragments was about that...At the time, I didn't know what to make of it...and then, all this happened and it got brushed aside." he sighs quietly.
[19:55] <V-chan> "You should've told me, Artemis. I know I'm a bit unreliable at times, but you could've counted on me instead of keeping it to yourself."
[19:56] <Anastasia> "I was planning too, but then we, ah, had a few disagreements."
[19:56] * V-chan nods silently
[19:57] <V-chan> "I think I can put those behind us, for the moment. So... only Luna knows, besides us?"
[19:57] <Anastasia> "Yes. That was why the Crystal was split into 7 parts instead of being left around, you know," he says suddenly. "If she left it on the Moon..."
[19:57] <Anastasia> "Beryl would hold it right now." he finishes.
[19:58] <V-chan> "Queen Beryl... our enemy..." Minako whispers
[19:59] <V-chan> "Artemis, do you know of a way to reach them? A way for us to go to the Moon, to settle this fight once and for all? It can't be allowed to continue for another millennium."
[20:00] <Anastasia> "...I might, but going up there with just the six of us would likely be a suicide mission at best, Mina." he says. "Sure, we can dust a few youma at a time, but how many could be lurking at her side?"
[20:01] <V-chan> "But do we have any other options? They'll keep on sending those youma one by one, and people will keep on dying!" Minako takes a moment to steady her voice. "Besides, we beat them, didn't we? In our past life? There must be a reason why Beryl didn't make her move until last year."
[20:02] <Anastasia> "I don't know, Minako, I don't know." is all he says. "And the Moon and her forces were far stronger last time."
[20:03] <V-chan> "I'm not going to die, Artemis," she says, picking him up gently and stroking his fur. "A wise girl said once, that even if you have a single percent of victory and you go into the battle while thinking you'd lose, then that one percent becomes zero." Minako pauses, and smiles. "I'll be going to the Moon to win."
[20:04] <Anastasia> "Er...Minako..." he just sighs. "I'm sorry, but I can't tell you in good faith. I'm sorry," he repeats.
[20:05] <V-chan> "Beryl has hoards of youma on the moon, right?"
[20:05] <Anastasia> "I would assume so," he says.
[20:05] <V-chan> "What will happen to all these nice people in Tokyo if she sends them all down?" Minako snorts. "Or how about that youma we tracked down to England? To China? Can we really be everywhere at once?"
[20:05] <Anastasia> "I wonder..." he begins. "If she even can, Minako. Don't you think they would have tried that already if they could?"

[20:05] * Makoto arrives at the temple and looks for her friends.
[20:05] <Anastasia> Makoto - As you arrive, you can see Minako holding Artemis outside and having a 'chat' with him.
[20:07] * Makoto waves at Minako, "Hey Minako! Artemis do something again?"
[20:08] * V-chan looks up at Makoto, startled.
[20:09] <V-chan> "Uh, just one of those lectures. The guys are all inside," she says, gesturing to the shrine.
[20:11] * Anastasia is now known as Sailor_Ana
[20:11] <Makoto> "Oh, well, have fun," Makoto says with a happy smile as she goes into the shrine, to see the others.
[20:11] * V-chan waves at her, before turning her attention back to Artemis, once she's sure no one is within hearing range.

[20:12] <V-chan> "Perhaps it is her trump card, her ace," Minako says thoughtfully, alone with Artemis once more. "To do that would require a lot of her power... perhaps all of it? Normally, if she wants to win, she wouldn't do that. But if all was lost, to get revenge...? Rei thinks we've just killed Kunzite, and I remember he was the last of the four generals. And we saved Endymion. What or whom does she have left?"
[20:14] <Sailor_Ana> "I...don't know," he sighs. "Even in the last battle of the Silver Millenium...we don't know what survived or if she's made new allies."
[20:14] <V-chan> "Hmm." Minako frowns. "If we can go there, can't we go back?"
[20:15] <V-chan> "We'll go and check things out. If it get too hairy, we could always return where we came from!"
[20:16] <Sailor_Ana> "We could...if we lived long enough to manage a trip back."
[20:17] <Sailor_Ana> "Again, for all we know...we may appear surrouned by scores of monsters."
[20:17] <Sailor_Ana> "Or be bound in some fell trap. Or die in a vacuum of space."
[20:18] <V-chan> "We're the senshi, and we fight to protect the Princess. You are our advisors." Minako smiles at Artemis. "Shouldn't we be the ones making choices about our lives?"
[20:19] <Sailor_Ana> "Not when you may throw the entire planet away on one foolish quest!" he says with surprising heat. "Dammit, Minako, I don't want you to gamble away Earth's chances!"
[20:20] <Sailor_Ana> "And...do you think any of us cats could live with your blood on our hands like that?" he finishes, quietly and sadly. "I just don't want you doing anything too rash, Mina."
[20:20] <V-chan> "Do the Earth's chances include sacrificng old ladies whose only crime was to visit a water park?!"
[20:21] <Sailor_Ana> "Mina...you know that isn't relevant to this. As much as it hurts, you need to think about this rationally."
[20:21] <V-chan> "I am! There are millions of people in Tokyo alone!"
[20:21] <Sailor_Ana> "Even if a hundred ladies died, it would be nothing next to a Dark Kingdom rule. Hell, all of Asia would be nothing next to a Dark Kingdom rule."

That was a bad comment for him to make. Really bad.

[20:22] <V-chan> "And if you think like that, you become just like the Dark Kingdom!" Minako hotly replies. "Don't you see it, Artemis? The goal doesn't justify the means!"
[20:24] <Sailor_Ana> Artemis sighs. "Mina...can you honestly say that with what you remember of the Dark Kingdom invasion?"
[20:24] <V-chan> "I remember that we fought it, and didn't run away to the safety of our homes!"

---Meanwhile, back at the shrine---

[20:16] <Rei-chan> "Hiya Mako-chan!" Rei waves as she sees the taller girl enter the shrine. "Did'ja know we're all reincarnated Princesses?"
[20:17] * Makoto blinks.
[20:18] * Rei-chan tells Makoto the story.
[20:20] <Makoto> "Wow, I missed some stuff, didn't I? Did you guys do or learn anything else while I wasn't here?"
[20:21] <Rei-chan> "We're still trying to get the cats to tell all about the Dark Kingdom. They're being awfully stubborn..."
[20:22] <Makoto> "Oh, is that what Mina-chan is chatting with Artemis over outside?"
[20:22] <Rei-chan> "Minako's outside? Why?"
[20:23] * Makoto shrugs, "Like I said, she was having a chat with Artemis. I just guessed it was over this Dark Kingdom stuff you just mentioned."
[20:24] * Rei-chan frowns. "Why did she need to go outside?" she wonders, before heading out to investigate.
[20:25] <Sailor_Ana> Minako is holding Artemis by his scruff while they debate something in hushed, but fervent, tones. They both look emotionally invested and absorbed into the conversation.
[20:26] * Rei-chan has an inner debate on announcing her presence, but decides they'd probably clam up if she did, so instead she tries to get closer to listen without alerting them.
[20:26] <Sailor_Ana> roll 2d6
[20:26] * Musk-bot --> "Sailor_Ana rolls 2d6 and gets 5."
[20:27] <V-chan> "Ah, Rei-chan!" Minako exclaims, jumping as she is startled.
[20:28] <Rei-chan> "Hi Minako..." Rei says hiding her disappointment, "Why did you two go outside? What are you talking about?"
[20:28] <Sailor_Ana> Artemis screeches as he's jerked up and down. "Could you let me go already?"
[20:29] * V-chan glances at the mooncat in her arms, and lowers him to the ground carefully. "Sure." She pauses. "I knew the coldness of space scrambled your memories, but I had no idea it froze your heart."
[20:29] * V-chan waves at Rei. "I think I'll go for a walk. Sorry, Rei-chan."
[20:30] <Sailor_Ana> Artemis opens his mouth to respond, but just sighs instead. "Minako..." he shakes his head and goes back inside.
[20:30] <Rei-chan> "Wait!" Rei calls out, "What were you talking about? Why can't you tell me?"
[20:31] * V-chan smiles at Rei sadly, and walks down the stairs of the shrine.
[20:31] <Sailor_Ana> "Let her go, Rei," the white cat says. "She needs to sort some things out."
[20:31] <Rei-chan> "Minako...?" Rei whispers softly "Why can't you trust me...?" she says, ignoring the cat to focus on her own confused feelings.
[20:32] * Rei-chan shakes her head. "Dammit, I'm not letting this go!" she says fiercely, running after Minako.
[20:33] <Sailor_Ana> To the others - Artemis comes back in a few minutes after Rei leaves. He's rather silent.
[20:33] * Usagi-chan doesn't look up from where she's been sitting silently for the past few minutes.
[20:34] <Sailor_Ana> "So...How are you feeling, Mamoru?" Luna asks, prodding the Prince.
[20:35] <Sailor_Ana> "Tired." he replies, looking over to Usagi.
[20:36] * Usagi-chan looks up and gives him a sad smile. "You should probably get some more sleep then." Usagi stands and walks from the room.
[20:36] <Sailor_Ana> "Usagi...Hey, Usagi! Wait a moment!" he says.
[20:37] * Usagi-chan breaks into a run at the sound of his voice and dashes out of the temple.
[20:37] <Sailor_Ana> Nian takes one look at this and sighs. "Prince Herb, when did this become an American teenage show?"

Fo'sure.

[20:38] <Makoto> As Rei leaves, Makoto ponders on following when Usagi dashes by. Blinking, she calls for Usagi, "Hey Usagi, where're you going?" while going after her.
[20:39] * Prince_Herb blinks in surprise as he never realized Nian watched that sort of show on the TV. "Before we came in, I think..."
[20:39] * Usagi-chan simply shakes her head and continues on, running down the steps to the shrine and taking the opposite direction as Rei and Minako a few minutes earlier.
[20:40] <Sailor_Ana> "Um...So.." Luna begins, looking at the few remaining people in the room. "Well, this meeting didn't work out."
[20:41] * Makoto continues to dash after Usagi.
[20:42] * Usagi-chan makes it about a block from the temple before tripping on a loose stone and falling to her hands and knees.
[20:44] * Prince_Herb looks around himself in bafflement. "Neko-hime, what just happened?" he asks Luna.
[20:44] <Makoto> Catching up, Makoto kneels besides Usagi. "Hey, are you okay?" she asks.
[20:44] <Sailor_Ana> "I think...we just had an emotional breakdown," Luna says.
[20:45] * Usagi-chan stays there sobbing for a moment before looking up at Makoto. "He THANKED me... I wasn't even here and he thanked ME!"
[

20:46] <Prince_Herb> "Is that going to happen often, do you think?"
[20:46] <Sailor_Ana> "I...hope not," she says. "Maybe it's just that they are teenagers, you know."

[20:47] <Makoto> "What do you mean? Is this about Mamoru?" Makoto asks, putting her arm around Usagi-chan to try and start
consoling her from whatever she meant was depressing her.

[20:47] <Sailor_Ana> Nian hops up onto the low lying table. "Well, at least it didn't happen when the Dark Kingdom was attacking."

[20:49] * Usagi-chan nods. "He thanked me for believing in him and for saving him from the Dark Kingdom... I wasn't even here and I couldn't even believe in MYSELF when he attacked my mother."
[20:53] <Makoto> "Hey, I didn't really get to help out much in that situation either, but I could see that they were working hard to save him for YOU. In a way, you did save him, you know," Makoto says, trying to console her friend. Trying to cheer her up, she adds with a slight joking tone, "Well, except maybe Herb, otherwise he wouldn't have stepped so hard on the guy's hand."
[20:54] * Usagi-chan giggles a little at that. "I guess so... it's just hard, it feels like I should be doing more, if I'm really as important as everyone seems to think I am."
[20:57] <Makoto> "Hey you, inspire us to want to do our best, that's doing something already. Showing that you want to improve though, that's almost thinking like good royalty, leading by example, you know?" Makoto says, before pausing. "You know, it's a bit odd to think me and the rest are princesses too..."

[20:57] <Prince_Herb> "Nobody told me who he was before that; I could have killed him..." Prince_Herb mutters.

[20:57] * Usagi-chan manages another smile. "You should have seen the look on Rei's face when Luna said it."
[21:02] <Makoto> "Heh, woulda been fun to see," Makoto says, happy to see Usagi smiling again. "Feel better?"
[21:03] * Usagi-chan stands up and nods. "Thanks, Makoto. Or should I start calling you Princess Jupiter now?" Usagi giggles.
[21:05] <Makoto> "If you wish to, you may, Highness," Makoto says with a mock curtsey.
[21:06] <Usagi-chan> "After you, your Highness." Usagi returns the curtsy and turns back toward the temple.
[21:07] * Makoto likewise turns back to the temple.

--Meanwhile, Rei and Minako--

WAFF ALERT DANGER DANGER DANGER DANGER DANGER DANGER DANGER WAFF ALERT

[20:34] <Sailor_Ana> Minako - As you reach the bottom of the stairs, you hear Rei calling out for you. She's giving chase.
[20:34] * V-chan walks slowly away, keeping her head down.
[20:35] * Rei-chan runs to catch up with Minako and grab her shoulder when she gets close.
[20:35] <V-chan> "Hey there, Rei-chan," Minako says quietly. "Walk with me?"
[20:37] * Rei-chan falls in step with the other girl "Why can't you tell me what's wrong Minako?" then she speaks with a much softer voice, "Why do you keep shutting me out?"
[20:38] <V-chan> "I'm... ashamed, Rei-chan."
[20:39] <Rei-chan> "Ashamed of what? What's so bad that you can't tell me?"
[20:40] <V-chan> "What if Usagi's mother didn't have to be hurt? What if your grandfather didn't have to be kidnapped along with others? What if..." Minako chokes. "What if that old woman didn't have to die?"
[20:41] * Rei-chan gives a wan smile. "And what if we could be ordinary girls? I'm sorry, Minako. I don't care about 'what ifs'."
[20:42] <V-chan> "What if those weren't just theoretical 'what ifs'?" Minako asks suddenly.
[20:42] <Rei-chan> "Then what are you getting at, Minako-chan?" Rei asks seriously, hoping to get to the heart of the matter.
[20:43] <V-chan> "What if you knew where the Dark Kingdom were all this time, but kept silent, while people around you got hurt?" Minako asks instead in that same dejected tone of voice.
[20:44] <Rei-chan> "You... you know where the Dark Kingdom is?!" Rei sputters incredulously.
[20:45] <V-chan> "I do now."
[20:45] * Rei-chan blinks in confusion. "Now? You're not making much sense Minako. If you only found out now, what does it have to do with all those 'what ifs'?"
[20:46] <V-chan> "What if those who knew were supposed to be your best friend for over a year, and you shared everything with them?"
[20:47] <Rei-chan> "Everything?" Rei asks, before shaking it off as irrelevant for now. "I don't understand, who knew?"
[20:48] <V-chan> "I'm ashamed," Minako speaks sadly, "because I understand how it feels. I don't want you to go, just like he didn't want me to go. Doesn't that make me just as bad?"
[20:50] <Rei-chan> "I don't plan on going anywhere, Minako-chan," Rei says firmly, while inwardly trying to decipher the rest of her statement and wondering if this has anything to do with Minako's oft mentioned 'Dark Kingdom boyfriend(s)'.
[20:51] <V-chan> "He said that we'll all die if we go, but I don't believe that. There must be a way! A way that doesn't sacrifice old ladies going to parks, or mothers taking family trips to the hot springs!"
[20:51] * V-chan lowers her head even farther. "But I can't help being afraid."
[20:52] * Rei-chan takes Minako by the shoulders in a firm but gentle embrace. "No one else is going to die. I promised Usagi, and I'll promise you. I'll make sure it doesn't happen. We've already weakened the Dark Kingdom a lot, if we attack them, I'm sure we can win!"
[20:53] <V-chan> "We can survive here, if only we allow to sacrifice the occasional bystander. And Dark Kingdom rule on Earth would be prevented indefinitely, which is better than the alternative, where we fail and nothing stops them from conquering the planet." She sniffles. "But I don't believe in that, and that's why it's so hard! They have hundreds of youma, and we'll have to defeat all of them at once, if we attack!"
[20:55] <Rei-chan> "No. I won't accept that!" Rei replies fiercely. "I won't let any more innocents die. The Dark Kingdom might have a hundred youma, but without their leader, what can they do? There are more ways to fight than to simply hit them head on at their strongest point!" she says, her eyes shining with emotion.
[20:56] * V-chan starts crying. "I think the same way. But--"
[20:57] * Rei-chan embraces Minako and rests her head on the other girls shoulder. "No buts. We can do it, you just need to have faith. In ourselves, and in the ones we care about..." she whispers, her voice almost choking up.
[20:59] <V-chan> "It's in a place none of us can reach," Minako whispers into the other girl's hair. "They stole our kingdom, Rei-chan."
[21:00] <Rei-chan> "We'll take it back... I won't let them continue to threaten us!" Rei whispers back, filled with conviction.
[21:02] <V-chan> "He wouldn't tell me how to get there. He knows of a way, and insists on keeping silent," Minako says, whimpering. "I tried to convince him, to tell him that we would win, but all he talks about are acceptable losses...."
[21:02] * Rei-chan has a flash of insight, and steps back, giving Minako an unreadable look. "It's Artemis, isn't it." Her voice doesn't make it a question.
[21:03] * V-chan nods slightly. "The cats got a part of their memory back when Usagi became the Princess."
[21:04] <Rei-chan> "And... and..." Rei has trouble speaking, so full of rage she is, "that... Cat, told you all that crap? He filled your head with defeatist talk while sending you out to risk your life?!"
[21:05] * V-chan cries. "We'll find a way, won't we? We'll get to the Moon, and defeat Queen Beryl, right, Rei-chan?"
[21:07] <Rei-chan> "We will!" Rei replies, not a shred of doubt in her soul. "We'll beat them! But first... Artemis is going to pay. I won't forgive this!"
[21:08] <V-chan> "I'm sorry...." Minako sniffs again. "If it were me, and I had to send you out to fight against impossible odds... I don't know what I'd do! He... I don't think he's a bad cat-person."
[21:09] <Rei-chan> "Minako..." Rei calms down a little, seeing how upset her friend is. "I... I can't promise I won't do anything, I'm very angry at him for talking to you like that."
[21:10] * V-chan hugs Rei.
[21:10] * Rei-chan hugs back.
[21:11] <Rei-chan> "C'mon, the others back at the shrine are probably wondering about us," Rei whispers in Minako's ear, not breaking the embrace.
[21:11] <V-chan> "Alright, Rei-chan. If you say so."
[21:12] * Rei-chan takes Minako's hand as she walks back to the Shrine.

Anyway, this is really the start of the big Minako/Artemis split. I won't go into it too much here, as I don't feel like hashing it over. All I'm going to say is that Artemis wasn't perfect, but that Minako and Rei did somewhat villify him. *shrugs*
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

This log starts off with a serious anti Mau shit storm. Enjoy.

[17:42] <Sailor_Ana> Okay.
[17:43] <Sailor_Ana> The two groups return to the Temple without incident. Everyone is now back in the main room, in varying states of emotion.
[17:43] * Sailor_Dragon is now known as Prince_Herb
[17:43] * Rei-chan looks around for a white cat.
[17:44] <Sailor_Ana> Looking everyone over, Luna says, "Now that everything is taken care of, I think we should discuss some plans."
[17:44] <Sailor_Ana> Artemis is besides Luna.
[17:45] <Rei-chan> "Yes," Rei puts in, "Plans which involve you two cats telling us the truth!" she finishes, barely restraining herself from yelling.
[17:45] * V-chan stands besides Rei, holding her hand.
[17:45] <Sailor_Ana> Luna blinks visibly, taken aback by the outburst. "Excuse me?" she asks.
[17:46] <Rei-chan> "You two know where the Dark Kingdom is, don't you? You got your memories back after Usagi got the Crystal!" Rei cries, sounding hurt and betrayed.
[17:46] * Usagi-chan looks at Luna. "Is that true?"
[17:47] * Rei-chan squeezes Minako's hand, drawing strength from her support.
[17:47] <Sailor_Ana> Luna sends Artemis a rather angry look and then looks at you. "Yes, we do," she says plainly. "We remembered when Usagi got the Crystal."
[17:47] <Usagi-chan> "Then why are you hiding things from us now?"
[17:48] <Sailor_Ana> Luna sighs deeply. You idly note she's been doing that a lot lately. "Because we decided we didn't want to tell you right off the bat the way things went... and before we had a chance to discuss it again, circumstances interfered."
[17:49] <Rei-chan> "You weren't ever planning on telling us!" Rei accuses. "I know all about your plan... 'acceptable losses' my ass!" she says scornfully.
[17:50] <Sailor_Ana> Luna sends Artemis another look. This one could best be called a shotgun blast of a glare. "I think you have some explaining to do, cat," she says.
[17:51] <Sailor_Ana> Artemis mutters something less than polite under his breath. "What did Minako tell you, Rei?" he asks, resigned.
[17:52] <Rei-chan> "That you didn't think we should attack the Dark Kingdom in case we lost. That if we sit back, we can just fight the youma that come here and hold them off indefinitely... anyone who dies is an 'acceptable loss'," Rei seethes.
[17:54] <Sailor_Ana> "Hey," Artemis protests fiercely, "That's not what I meant, Mina!"
[17:54] <V-chan> "Even if a hundred old ladies died..." Minako says quietly, sniffing.
[17:55] <Prince_Herb> "The venerable Napoleon said that an army that stays within its fortifications will inevitably be lost. Therefore we should take the fight to the enemy as soon as we are strong enough."
[17:55] <Sailor_Ana> "Yes, that's what I said," he declares. "I can live with that in defending the Earth from the Dark Kingdom. What I was blasting you for," his voice picks up, "is your scheme to run headlong into the Dark Kingdom and get slaughtered!"
[17:56] <V-chan> "And I told you," she yells back, "that we would win!"
[17:57] <Sailor_Ana> "How?! You can barely handle one youma at times, AND YOU EXPECT TO BEAT AS MANY AS THEY CAN MUSTER THERE?!" he shouts. "Dammit, Mina, be reasonable!"
[17:57] <Rei-chan> "Who said anything about running in headlong? We need to know where they are so we can plan a proper attack before they are ready! If we don't... if we don't..." Rei starts to choke up as she remembers her vision, "That... _thing_ will come to Earth and we won't be able to stop it...."
[17:57] * Usagi-chan speaks up quietly. "And what's to say that that wouldn't eventually happen here, either?" Usagi gestures to Rei and Mamoru. "We get hurt too -- thankfully this time it wasn't too bad. What if it gets worse?"
[17:59] <Rei-chan> "Eventually they'll get enough energy, even if we stop them every time, they'll still get a little from each attack.... When they have enough.... There won't be a thing we can do."
[17:59] <Sailor_Ana> Luna speaks up. "Rei.... You know how much I've been thinking about a plan to attack them?" she asks.
[17:59] <Rei-chan> "But if you told us, we could all work together to come up with a plan!"
[17:59] <Rei-chan> "You shouldn't decide what we do and don't deserve to know!"
[17:59] <Sailor_Ana> "We were going to tell you, you know." She sighs. "We didn't expect all this to happen like it did."
[18:00] <Usagi-chan> "When? When were you planning on telling us?"
[18:00] <V-chan> "You were going to tell us?" Minako asks, quietly once again. "After how many casualties?"
[18:01] <Sailor_Ana> "When we had a real chance to discuss it again," Luna says evenly.
[18:01] <Sailor_Ana> A knock sounds on the door to the room. "Rei?" Yuuchiro's voice comes in. "Are you watching TV? There's another one of those incidents in town! They're saying that a whole crowd of people in the subway passed out!"

We interrupt this PC session for a plot event. Thank you.

[18:02] <Rei-chan> "What?!" Rei cries, quickly turning the TV on to a news channel.
[18:02] <Prince_Herb> "So where is it, neko-hime?"
[18:02] <Sailor_Ana> "The Moon." Luna says, matter-of-factly.

Interestingly, the initial response to this got lost in the shuffle over the subway incident. I was expecting a bigger reaction from the other three girls.

[18:03] <V-chan> "I hope you're happy, then," Minako tells the cats.
[18:03] <Sailor_Ana> The TV is running a news special. "Today in the subway, hundreds of commuters suffered a strange illness, all passing out suddenly and bringing the subway to a halt. Police are warning against panic..." the TV drones on.
[18:04] <Rei-chan> "Which subway?" Rei grumbles, before trying to sense where the _evil_ is coming from.
[18:04] <V-chan> "We could transform and go there to fight against the youma," Minako suggests. "But what if there's more than one? Perhaps we should stay indoors, where it's safe? For now?"
[18:04] * Usagi-chan smirks at Minako's comment. "After all, we could get hurt fighting out there."
[18:04] <Sailor_Ana> "Oh shut up, Mina," Artemis says, with some heat.
[18:05] <V-chan> "Go to hell, Artemis."

*Rolls eyes*

[18:06] * Rei-chan gives Minako an approving look, but remains mostly focused on trying to sense the _evil_ of the Dark Kingdom.
[18:06] <Sailor_Ana> Rei - You sense a disturbance both above the temple(!) and underground somewhere.
[18:06] <Prince_Herb> "Anywhere in particular on the moon, o honored Luna?" Prince_Herb asks.
[18:07] <Sailor_Ana> "The Moon Kingdom's remnants..." Luna says, sadly.
[18:09] <Rei-chan> "There's something here at the Temple! I can sense something underground as well, but it's pretty far off..."
[18:09] <V-chan> "Venus Power! Make Up!"
[18:09] * Rei-chan runs outside to see if she can locate the evil.
[18:09] <Prince_Herb> "Dragon Prism Power Makeup!"
[18:10] * Prince_Herb is now known as Sailor_Dragon
[18:10] <Sailor_Ana> "Wait!" Mamoru shouts suddenly, to Rei.
[18:10] * Usagi-chan stops, as she was about to follow Rei outside. "What is it?"
[18:10] * Rei-chan stops at the door and gives Mamoru an impatient but curious look
[18:10] * V-chan moves closer to Mamoru.
[18:11] <Sailor_Ana> Mamoru is pale. "Do you remember... the docks, Minako? It was your crescent beam, right?"
[18:11] * V-chan blinks. "Yes...."
[18:12] <Sailor_Ana> He grimaces. "Zoicite found out who I was...and I'm fairly sure Beryl knows as well," he says grimly. "She even contacted me at my apartment telling me to go to the Starlight Tower."
[18:13] <Rei-chan> "They're here for you," Rei guesses. "Don't worry, we'll stop them," she says with a reassuring look.
[18:13] * V-chan frowns. "She knows about this place too, then? Is that what you mean?"
[18:13] <Rei-chan> "Mars Power, Make Up!"
[18:13] * Rei-chan is now known as Sailor_Mars
[18:13] * Sailor_Mars runs outside to confront the enemy!
[18:13] <Usagi-chan> "Moon Prism Power, Make Up!"
[18:13] * Usagi-chan is now known as Sailor_Moon
[18:13] <Sailor_Ana> "I wouldn't be surprised..." he says, weakly.
[18:13] <Sailor_Moon> "I'll stay here with Mamoru then."
[18:14] * V-chan nods, and runs off after Mars
[18:19] * Sailor_Dragon looks to and fro.
[18:19] <Sailor_Dragon> "Nian, I'm going with them!"
[18:19] <Sailor_Ana> "I'll stay here, Prince," Nian replies.
[18:19] <Sailor_Dragon> "Very well!"
[18:20] <Sailor_Dragon> "And don't call me prince while I'm a girl!   People might get the wrong impression!"
[18:20] * Sailor_Dragon flies after Sailors Mars and Venus.
[18:21] <Sailor_Ana> You Senshi dash outside. The courtyard is... normal and quiet.
[18:21] * Sailor_Mars looks up above the Temple.
[18:21] <Sailor_Ana> You do not see anything... but you sense a presence. Watching.

And I doubt it's Gramps old perverted priests club.

[18:22] * Sailor_Mars leaps up onto the roof and faces where she can sense the presence. "Show yourself, this invisibility won't fool me!"
[18:23] * V-chan tries to see the presence Mars mentions with her compact.
[18:24] * Sailor_Mars holds up an ofuda. "Last chance," she says, warningly.
[18:24] <Sailor_Ana> You hear a female laugh. It's an odd voice, filled with something that can only be described as darkness. Slowly, the image of a woman appears. She is brown haired, wavy and dark. Her face is pointed, with elven ears, slanted eyes, and cruelly pointed mouth and slight fangs. A tiara rests on her forehead.
[18:25] * Sailor_Mars gasps. It's the woman from her vision! "Beryl!"
[18:26] <Sailor_Ana> "Go, my DD girls! Kill the temple girl and her friends and take back Prince Endymion!" The image fades as four kneeling women youma appear around the image.
[18:26] <Sailor_Dragon> "She was quite good-looking; I suppose we do have to kill her, though?"

Er....yeah.....

[18:26] <Sailor_Ana> The four women are each a color, and moth like wings are on their back.
[18:26] <Sailor_Ana> They rise as one, smirking at you.
[18:27] <Sailor_Dragon> "Hussies!"
[18:27] * Sailor_Mars smirks back. "This'll be fun."
[18:30] <Sailor_Ana> roll 1d6
[18:30] * Musk-bot --> "Sailor_Ana rolls 1d6 and gets 3."
[18:30] <Sailor_Ana> roll 1d6
[18:31] * Musk-bot --> "Sailor_Ana rolls 1d6 and gets 2."
[18:31] <Sailor_Ana> roll 1d6
[18:31] * Musk-bot --> "Sailor_Ana rolls 1d6 and gets 3."
[18:31] <Sailor_Ana> roll 1d6
[18:31] * Musk-bot --> "Sailor_Ana rolls 1d6 and gets 6."
[18:31] <Sailor_Mars> roll 1d6+9
[18:31] * Musk-bot --> "Sailor_Mars rolls 1d6+9 and gets 13."
[18:31] <V-chan> roll 1d6+13
[18:31] * Musk-bot --> "V-chan rolls 1d6+13 and gets 15."
[18:31] <Sailor_Dragon> roll 1d6+9
[18:31] * Musk-bot --> "Sailor_Dragon rolls 1d6+9 and gets 10."
[18:33] <Sailor_Ana> OOC: Venus, your action.
[18:34] <V-chan> "It doesn't matter how many of you come after us, for we will always emerge victorious!" Venus announces, taking aim at all four youma. "Begone, evil creatures! Love Crescent Shower!"
[18:34] <V-chan> roll 2d6+2
[18:34] * Musk-bot --> "V-chan rolls 2d6+2 and gets 9."
[18:45] <Sailor_Ana> roll 2d6
[18:45] * Musk-bot --> "Sailor_Ana rolls 2d6 and gets 6."
[18:45] <Sailor_Ana> roll 2d6
[18:46] * Musk-bot --> "Sailor_Ana rolls 2d6 and gets 8."
[18:46] <Sailor_Ana> roll 2d6
[18:46] * Musk-bot --> "Sailor_Ana rolls 2d6 and gets 5."
[18:46] <Sailor_Ana> roll 2d6
[18:46] * Musk-bot --> "Sailor_Ana rolls 2d6 and gets 10."
[18:47] <Sailor_Ana> You fire your powerful Crescent Shower! Two of the girls, the Red and Purple ones, fly upwards to avoid the assault. Two others are not fast enough, however and are caught in the Venus attack!
[18:48] <Sailor_Ana> The two girls are thrown back from the attack, but manage to stand despite the attack. The numerous wounds on them bespeak the golden damage inflicted, however.
[18:50] <Sailor_Ana> The Purple girl files up further and yells! "Prepare to have your faces ruined by our attack!" She extends her arm and a spear of ice shoots out towards Rei!
[18:51] <Sailor_Ana> roll 2d6
[18:51] * Musk-bot --> "Sailor_Ana rolls 2d6 and gets 6."
[18:52] <Sailor_Mars> roll 2d6
[18:52] * Musk-bot --> "Sailor_Mars rolls 2d6 and gets 7."
[18:52] <Sailor_Ana> Sailor Mars leaps out of the way, avoiding the ice projectile! It lands in the roof, leaving a large impalement hole before dissipating.

One hole in the roof. 5,000 yen.

[18:52] <Sailor_Ana> OOC: Mars's Action.
[18:54] <Sailor_Mars> "How dare you damage this sacred place! Prepare to face the judgement of Flame!" Rei yells, fire building up around her. "Mars Snake Fire!" A huge vipers head of flame jets out from her, and she wills it to strike all of the youma!
[18:54] <Sailor_Mars> roll 2d6
[18:54] * Musk-bot --> "Sailor_Mars rolls 2d6 and gets 5."
[18:54] <Sailor_Ana> roll 2d6
[18:54] * Musk-bot --> "Sailor_Ana rolls 2d6 and gets 2."
[18:54] * Musk-bot --> "Sailor_Ana rolls 2d6 and gets 6."
[18:54] * Musk-bot --> "Sailor_Ana rolls 2d6 and gets 7."
[18:54] * Musk-bot --> "Sailor_Ana rolls 2d6 and gets 3."
[18:56] <Sailor_Ana> The two already in the air strafe away to the side, out of the range of the Snake Fire! The other two that were wounded can only scream in agony as the Fire leaps between them, turning them into Dark Kingdom Dust.
[18:56] <Sailor_Ana> OOC: It's Herb's turn, as well as the Red's ones.
[18:56] <Sailor_Ana> OOC: At the same time, basically.
[18:57] * Sailor_Dragon strikes a stupid pose that somehow feels right and calls out "Flying sword of the Dragon! Destroy these impious hussies!"
[18:58] <Sailor_Dragon> roll 2d6+1
[18:58] * Musk-bot --> "Sailor_Dragon rolls 2d6+1 and gets 9."
[18:59] <Sailor_Ana> roll 2d6
[18:59] * Musk-bot --> "Sailor_Ana rolls 2d6 and gets 7."
[19:00] <Sailor_Ana> roll 2d6
[19:00] * Musk-bot --> "Sailor_Ana rolls 2d6 and gets 7."
[19:00] <Sailor_Ana> OOC: No dodging there.
[19:00] <Sailor_Ana> As Herb shouts out his attack, the red youma grins. "DIE!" A bolt of pure-red fire shoots at Sailor Mars!
[19:00] <Sailor_Mars> roll 2d6+2
[19:00] * Musk-bot --> "Sailor_Mars rolls 2d6+2 and gets 11."
[19:00] <Sailor_Mars> ooc- doover!
[19:01] <Sailor_Mars> roll 2d6+2
[19:01] * Musk-bot --> "Sailor_Mars rolls 2d6+2 and gets 7."
[19:02] <Sailor_Ana> Sailor Mars nimbly dodges again, the fire hitting the roof and causing a small fire to start! As this happens, Sailor Dragon's attack slices across the other two youma! Black blood falls as they are cut, but both live despite massive  wounds!

Small roof fire: 10, 000 yen.

[19:02] <V-chan> roll 1d6
[19:02] * Musk-bot --> "V-chan rolls 1d6 and gets 2."
[19:02] <Sailor_Mars> roll 1d6+9
[19:02] * Musk-bot --> "Sailor_Mars rolls 1d6+9 and gets 15."
[19:03] <Sailor_Dragon> roll 1d6+9
[19:03] * Musk-bot --> "Sailor_Dragon rolls 1d6+9 and gets 11."
[19:03] <Sailor_Ana> roll 1d6
[19:03] * Musk-bot --> "Sailor_Ana rolls 1d6 and gets 2."
[19:03] <Sailor_Ana> roll 1d6
[19:03] * Musk-bot --> "Sailor_Ana rolls 1d6 and gets 5."
[19:05] * Sailor_Mars leaps high into the air, yelling "Akuryo Taisan!" and tossing a ward onto the red youma to stun it!
[19:05] <Sailor_Mars> roll 2d6
[19:05] * Musk-bot --> "Sailor_Mars rolls 2d6 and gets 6."
[19:05] <Sailor_Ana> The ward slaps onto the forehead of the youma! It screeches as it's stunned by your spiritual force!
[19:08] <V-chan> "Your long record of evil deeds ends here, Youma!" Venus announces, as a golden chain appears in her arms. "Venus Love-Me Chain!" she cries out, using her chain to whip the two remaining DD girls.
[19:08] <V-chan> roll 2d6+1
[19:08] * Musk-bot --> "V-chan rolls 2d6+1 and gets 6."
[19:09] <Sailor_Ana> OOC: The one who is stunned will not dodge.
[19:09] <Sailor_Ana> roll 2d6
[19:09] * Musk-bot --> "Sailor_Ana rolls 2d6 and gets 4."
[19:11] <Sailor_Ana> The Purple youma nimbly floats out of the way as you strike the other girl! It is entwined in the golden chain and dragged to the ground, helpless!
[19:13] <Sailor_Ana> The Purple one's face twists into a mask of rage! "I will kill you, Miko!" she shouts! Her arm turns into a sharp icicle as she makes a dive attack at Rei!

If that doesn't give things away to anyone who wasn't paying attention...

[19:14] <Sailor_Ana> roll 2d6
[19:14] * Musk-bot --> "Sailor_Ana rolls 2d6 and gets 4."
[19:14] <Sailor_Mars> roll 2d6+2
[19:14] * Musk-bot --> "Sailor_Mars rolls 2d6+2 and gets 7."
[19:15] <Sailor_Ana> The dive narrowly misses Rei, and she plows into the roof! A crack and crumble sounds as the roof buckles from the force, and you can see she made a nice hole in the roof.

One more hole in the roof - 18, 000 yen

[19:17] * Sailor_Dragon continues her attack from before, sending waves of knife-like ki through the youma's body.
[19:17] <Sailor_Dragon> roll 2d6
[19:17] * Musk-bot --> "Sailor_Dragon rolls 2d6 and gets 6."
[19:18] <Sailor_Ana> OOC: No dodge, as it's badly out of position.
[19:19] <Sailor_Ana> The waves slice the youma apart, each wretched piece turning into dust as it falls down!
[19:20] <Sailor_Ana> The last youma is stunned by the chain and the ward, not moving!
[19:20] * Sailor_Mars stands up and grins evilly. "Now, I want you to deliver a message to your Queen," she addresses the red youma before commencing a low chant to banish it back to the Dark Kingdom. As the chant reaches its climax and the youma starts to fade...
[19:21] <Sailor_Mars> She uses her elemental control to start a small fire within its body that will quickly become a raging inferno!
[19:21] <Sailor_Mars> "Don't fuck with Rei Hino," she says calmly as it disappears to its deserved fate.
[19:22] <Sailor_Mars> roll 2d6
[19:22] * Musk-bot --> "Sailor_Mars rolls 2d6 and gets 7."
[19:22] <Sailor_Ana> The youma vanishes, sent back to the Dark Kingdom.
[19:23] * V-chan disbands the chain, and high-fives Sailor Mars.
[19:23] * Sailor_Mars returns the high five, but remains serious. "There's still another attack to deal with..." she says, trying to sense the _evil_.
[19:24] <Sailor_Ana> Just before you do, you feel the evil from before returning. The image reappears, smiling a pointy, evil smile.
[19:24] <Sailor_Mars> "Did you like my present?" Mars asks, smiling sweetly.
[19:24] <V-chan> "Can you check on everyone inside the house, Sailor Dragon?" Venus asks, taking out her compact again, and trying to find any illusions and similar with it.
[19:25] * Sailor_Dragon flies off to do so.
[19:26] <Sailor_Ana> She merely smiles again. "Enjoy your victory, temple girl." With that, the image vanishes.
[19:27] <Sailor_Ana> Yet you still feel a vague sense of evil watching, like before....
[19:27] <Sailor_Mars> "Thank you, I will!" Mars retorts, before running back inside to Sailor Moon and the others.
[19:28] <V-chan> Not seeing any illusions, Venus moves indoors, still on the lookout for them.
[19:28] <Sailor_Ana> Everyone in the house is as expected and safe.
[19:29] <Sailor_Mars> "We dealt with this attack, but I can tell the Dark Kingdom is still watching us... I don't think the temple is safe anymore," Mars tells Moon and the others.
[19:29] <Sailor_Mars> "And we still need to deal with the attack at the subway...."
[19:30] <V-chan> "Right, four youma vanquished, and they know who we are," Venus comments to no one in particular. "Hey, I could get used to this defend-the-Earth thing. No need whatsoever to attack the Dark Kingdom's base."
[19:30] * V-chan snorts. "It's not like they'd try to assassinate us in our sleep, or anything."
[19:31] * V-chan is pointedly not looking at Artemis as she says that.
[19:32] <Sailor_Moon> "If they DO know who we are, then what place IS safe?"
[19:32] <Sailor_Mars> "Shit!" Mars swears, suddenly running out to check on the fire on the roof and use her Elemental Control to put it out.
[19:33] <Sailor_Ana> The fire has eaten a nice segment of the roof before it's stopped.
[19:33] <Sailor_Ana> The temple is going to need repairs.

A bigger fire on the roof:  40,000 yen.

Yuuchiro doing all the repair work: Priceless.

[19:33] <Sailor_Mars> After willing the flames to cease, Mars returns, blushing slightly.
[19:33] * V-chan looks at the other blonde. "The Moon, Princess. Once we clear it out of the Dark Kingdom menace once and for all."
[19:34] <Sailor_Ana> Artemis simply ignores Minako.
[19:34] <Sailor_Mars> "So, who's going to come with me to deal with the subway? Some of us will have to stay and protect Mamoru-san...."
[19:35] <Sailor_Moon> "You guys can all go ahead, I can stay with Mamoru alone. I'll call you if anything happens here."
[19:35] * V-chan raises her hand, waving it in the air.
[19:39] <Sailor_Mars> roll 2d6+1
[19:39] * Musk-bot --> "Sailor_Mars rolls 2d6+1 and gets 12."
[19:41] * Sailor_Mars looks at the TV to see if the news is saying which subway is being affected.
[19:41] <Sailor_Ana> The Subway line is the Juuban Express Route.
[19:42] <Sailor_Ana> OOC: Something like five minutes is fine via hop/fly.
[19:43] <Sailor_Mars> "So, who's going to stay here, and who's coming with me and Minako?"
[19:44] <Sailor_Moon> "I'm staying for sure."
[19:46] <V-chan> "Stay on the lookout for further attacks, then," Venus says. "The Dark Kingdom youma could still return, weaklings that they are."
[19:46] <Sailor_Dragon> "I'm coming to fight the youma."
[19:47] * Sailor_Mars looks at the remaining two. "Ami, Makoto? What about you?"
[19:55] <Sailor_Ana> Sailors Mars, Venus, Dragon and Mercury race off to the Subway!
[19:58] <Sailor_Ana> You scale and jump over the rooftops, racing to the best subway opening. When you get there, police have it barricaded off.
[20:02] <S_Mercury> "We don't have time for this," Mercury says, leaping from the roof. "Mercury Bubbles Blast!" she yells, shrouding the area in fog.
[20:02] * Sailor_Mars leaps after Mercury, dashing straight through the barricade.
[20:03] * V-chan follows Mars.
[20:04] * Sailor_Dragon flies straight over the barricade.
[20:04] <Sailor_Mars> As she runs down into the subway, Mars tries to sense the exact location of the _evil_.
[20:04] <Sailor_Ana> You hear confused shouts as the officers are blinded by the fog.
[20:04] <Sailor_Ana> Inside, you feel a thread of evil further on.
[20:05] * Sailor_Mars follows the thread to the source!
[20:05] * V-chan keeps following Mars!
[20:05] * S_Mercury follows V-chan!
[20:06] <Sailor_Ana> You race down to the subway platform. A stalled car sits there, and the evil is right by it....
[20:06] <Sailor_Ana> Slowly, another DD girl appears, this one black-colored.
[20:06] <Sailor_Mars> "Invited by your evil deeds, here I am! For Fire and Passion, I am the magnificent Sailor Mars!"
[20:06] <V-chan> "And to punish those evil deeds, I appear at her side! For Love and Beauty, I am the elegant Sailor Venus!"

Haruka and Michiru's lawyers will be in touch, I'm sure.

[20:07] <Sailor_Ana> "And I have an appointment elsewhere, Sailors," it says, smiling. With a flash of black energy, it vanishes.
[20:07] <Sailor_Ana> As it does so, you hear a rumbling....
[20:08] * Sailor_Mars turns to the source of the rumbling noise.
[20:08] <Sailor_Ana> The subway car is rumbling and shaking like there is no tomorrow suddenly....
[20:08] * Sailor_Mars backs away from the car.
[20:09] <Sailor_Mars> "I sense fire..." Mars says, realising it might explode, she uses her Elemental Control to quell the reaction!
[20:09] <Sailor_Ana> roll 2d6
[20:09] * Musk-bot --> "Sailor_Ana rolls 2d6 and gets 8."
[20:09] <Sailor_Mars> roll 2d6
[20:09] * Musk-bot --> "Sailor_Mars rolls 2d6 and gets 6."
[20:09] * V-chan braces herself.
[20:10] <Sailor_Ana> You try to suppress it while you feel another force trying to light it. There is a fierce battle momentarily, and then you push the force out and away.
[20:10] * Sailor_Mars breathes a sigh of relief, then tries to sense any remaining _evil_ presence.
[20:11] * S_Mercury summons her visor, scanning for any life forms.
[20:12] <Sailor_Ana> You sense no more evil in the subway.
[20:12] <Sailor_Mars> "What was the point in all of this? If it was a trap, it sucked."
[20:12] <Sailor_Ana> Mercury - There are a few police officers above, but no other life forms. The energy levels are returning to normal as well.
[20:12] <Sailor_Mars> "There's nothing left here...."
[20:13] <S_Mercury> "A diversion?"
[20:13] <Sailor_Mars> "If they wanted us away from the temple, Usagi and Makoto are still there... but still, we should head back as well."
[20:14] <S_Mercury> "Agreed." Mercury begins heading up.
[20:14] * Sailor_Mars follows Mercury.
[20:14] * V-chan throws another look around, before going up as well.
[20:14] * Sailor_Dragon uses her communicator to rouse Moon.
[20:14] <Sailor_Ana> Meanwhile....
[20:35] <Sailor_Ana> Sailor Moon - The others race off, leaving you with Mamoru and the Mau.
[20:37] <Sailor_Ana> Artemis is quiet once Minako left, seeming to want to keep to himself.
[20:37] <Sailor_Ana> Nian distances himself from the other two cats, keeping silent as well.
[20:38] <Sailor_Ana> Luna is the only one that seems to feel like talking. She walks up to you. "Usagi..." she begins.
[20:38] * Sailor_Moon gives Luna a disappointed look. "You have something to say for yourself?"
[20:39] <Sailor_Ana> "Usagi... this just... things got tangled up in all that occurred."
[20:41] * Sailor_Moon sighs. "You had a full week while we were at the hospital. Even if I wasn't ready to listen then, you could have told Ami."
[20:42] <Sailor_Ana> "I... wanted to talk to Artemis first," she says. "I thought we would have plenty of time after we got back."
[20:43] <Sailor_Moon> "Yeah, and we've heard his position on the subject." Moon shoots a glare at the silent white Mooncat.
[20:44] <Sailor_Ana> "Usagi.... Lay off Artemis. Minako is giving him hell already," she says, shaking her head. "He may deserve some of it, but...."
[20:45] <Sailor_Moon> "So what do YOU really think, Luna? Minako's right -- we can't just sit back and keep defending forever."
[20:47] <Sailor_Ana> "We... are in a bad situation. Beryl knows who you we are, Usagi. How long before she goes after our homes? Or your school as her next target?"

I'm surprised that none of the PCs thought of this OOC. Knowing Mamoru's identity allowed Beryl to keep an eye on him even after her control was broken, which in turn lead her to finding out the Senshi's identities. It seems like a logical enough conclusion to me.

[20:48] * Sailor_Moon shakes her head. "That's what I mean! The longer we try to just fend off what they're doing, the harder it's going to get!"
[20:49] <Sailor_Ana> "Yes... but Artemis is right about something. If we barge in... we stick our hands into the viper's nest. How likely is it that we'll get bit?"
[20:49] <Sailor_Moon> "And the longer we sit back and wait, the more likely it is that they catch us off our guard, especially since they know right where to go now."
[20:50] <Sailor_Ana> Luna wilts visibly. "And that's why we're in such a bad scenario."
[20:50] <Sailor_Jupiter> A flushing sound is heard just before the bathroom door opens and Jupiter joins the others.
[20:51] <Sailor_Moon> "If those are the only options, I'll take a long shot at winning instead of waiting to lose."
[20:52] <Sailor_Ana> "We really need some sort of plan, Usagi."
[20:52] <Sailor_Moon> "I'm not saying we don't, but sitting around waiting for the Dark Kingdom to find us isn't much of a plan either."
[20:54] <Sailor_Ana> "I know... I just wish we had had some time to think about this, you know? Now we're in this blender...."
[20:54] <Sailor_Moon> "And if you'd told us earlier we might have been able to help, you know?"
[20:55] <Sailor_Ana> "Yeah...If you have an idea, I'm all catears."
[20:56] <Sailor_Moon> "What, I'm supposed to have an idea in ten minutes? You were right about one thing -- we DO need time. But since you waited so long to tell us, we don't have any!"
[20:57] <Sailor_Ana> Luna merely sighs.
[20:58] <Sailor_Ana> "Usagi," Mamoru says.
[20:58] * Sailor_Moon looks over at Mamoru. "What is it?"
[20:59] <Sailor_Ana> "All the generals are dead, right?" he asks.
[20:59] * Sailor_Moon nods. "I think so.... They didn't actually see Kunzite die, but it sounds like he was hurt that badly."
[21:00] <Sailor_Ana> There is a flash of darkness. In the center of the room stands a black, sleek female youma. She has moth-like wings on her back.
[21:00] <Sailor_Ana> "Hello, Prince," it says. "It's time to go back to your Mistress!"
[21:02] <Sailor_Ana> "What?" Mamoru gasps. The sounds of cat hissing is also heard....
[21:02] <Sailor_Moon> "I don't think so! You took him once, but I won't let you take him again! In the name of the Moon, I'll punish you!"
[21:03] <Sailor_Jupiter> "The only one going anywhere is you, youma, and that's to hell! In the name of Jupiter, I'll punish you too!"
[21:03] <Sailor_Ana> The disgusting creature laughs. "Amazing, they left the lame Senshi behind. Your speeches are even weak!"

Oh, snap. It's on now.

[21:03] <Sailor_Ana> roll 1d6
[21:03] * Musk-bot --> "Sailor_Ana rolls 1d6 and gets 4."
[21:03] <Sailor_Jupiter> roll 1d6
[21:03] * Musk-bot --> "Sailor_Jupiter rolls 1d6 and gets 5."
[21:04] <Sailor_Moon> roll 1d6
[21:04] * Musk-bot --> "Sailor_Moon rolls 1d6 and gets 1."
[21:07] <Sailor_Jupiter> "Lame senshi? Weak speeches?" Sailor Jupiter says with a twitch. "I'll show you lame! SUPREME THUNDER DRAGON!"
[21:07] <Sailor_Jupiter> roll 2d6
[21:07] * Musk-bot --> "Sailor_Jupiter rolls 2d6 and gets 7."
[21:07] <Sailor_Ana> roll 2d6
[21:07] * Musk-bot --> "Sailor_Ana rolls 2d6 and gets 6."
[21:08] <Sailor_Ana> The creature dives to the side as your Thunder Dragon zooms past him, impacting on the wall. (That's gonna leave a black mark!)

I hope Rei doesn't have another battle at the temple. She won't have any spending money for the next year.

[21:09] <Sailor_Ana> Sneering, the creature's arm opens up in half and a black liquid spews out at Sailor Jupiter!
[21:09] <Sailor_Ana> roll 2d6
[21:09] * Musk-bot --> "Sailor_Ana rolls 2d6 and gets 9."
[21:09] <Sailor_Ana> But the attack misses, leaving a black ichor on the temple floor. The smell is awful, like rotten eggs.
[21:10] <Sailor_Moon> "Weak, huh? Moon Scepter Hallation!"
[21:10] <Sailor_Moon> roll 2d6
[21:10] * Musk-bot --> "Sailor_Moon rolls 2d6 and gets 11."
[21:11] <Sailor_Ana> roll 2d6
[21:11] * Musk-bot --> "Sailor_Ana rolls 2d6 and gets 5."
[21:12] <Sailor_Ana> The attack slams into the youma! Hearts crush the youma, sending it into the wall in a splintering storm of wood!

Sorry, Rei.

[21:12] <Sailor_Ana> It weakly stands, wounded but alive.

In retrospect, I think I should have ran this scene myself.

[21:14] <V-chan> 'Watch me, Mina!' Artemis thinks, firing the Venus Lovely Youma-Busting Cannon at the weakened DD girl.
[21:14] <V-chan> roll 2d6
[21:14] * Musk-bot --> "V-chan rolls 2d6 and gets 4."
[21:14] <Sailor_Ana> roll 2d6
[21:14] * Musk-bot --> "Sailor_Ana rolls 2d6 and gets 7."
[21:16] <Sailor_Ana> The surprising cannon blast catches the staggering youma. With a groan, it falls to the ground and dissolves into a cloud of dust!
[21:17] * Sailor_Moon stares at Artemis in shock.
[21:17] <Sailor_Jupiter> "Wow, nice job Artemis..." Jupiter says, somewhat shocked.
[21:18] <V-chan> "I can channel a bit of Venus's power," Artemis says, looking at the dusted youma. "If Mina allows me."
[21:18] <Sailor_Ana> And.... Pause.

Yeah, no end comments today.
<Afina> Forever.