News:

Populated by the admins and moderators of your other favorite sites!

Main Menu

The BEGINNING!

Started by Carthrat, May 30, 2002, 04:14:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TannimFodder

Man after man fell to the onslaught of fireballs.  Hammerfist was in the middle of a maelstorm of magic, miraculously untouched.  He quickly strode forward, even as the fireballs followed him, and men to either side fell in droves; not just from the flat of his axe, but the firey death that rained from above.  Hammerfist was having the time of his life as people dropped like flies around him, unaware that the wizard's ire was directed at him.  

He hadn't had a fight like this in ages!  He'd have to thank the wizard for the fireworks after this was done.

Carthrat

"The watch is coming!"

The tavern vacated itself with, quite frankley, amazing speed.

OOC: Kwok, get on AIM ^^ Gotta couple things to run by you.
[19:14] <Annerose> Aww, mouth not outpacing brain after all?
[19:14] <Candide> My brain caught up

Bean Bandit

Jean wondered exactly how he knew she'd done it. She KNEW he hadn't seen her.

She picked herself up slowly, adopting a wounded expression.

"What kind of man are you?" she asked tearfully. "How can you treat a woman this way?"
---
I love the games I've played here.

Rezantis

"He speaks the language of the damned!  This is no ordinary wizard..."

Fred stepped up behind the young mage - who had, incidentally, stopped throwing fireballs at the call of 'Watch' - grabbed him, and before the younger man could react, had heaved him out a window onto the street.

Not noticing, unfortunately, that James (John?) was standing right outside the selfsame window...

"FOR THE CAUSE!"
Hangin' out backstage, waiting for the show.

calendar

Just inside the door to the tavern, Lallie stood against the wall, eyes wide and amused.

Men were very silly.
 Princess_Herb turns into the sexy girl soldier, Sailor_Dragon
*** Princess_Herb is now known as Sailor_Dragon
* Unseen is vaguely creeped out
<Calendar> Only vaguely?

TannimFodder

Damn watch, always breaking up good fights.  There had been a lot less people last time, and subsequently he had finished his own brawl a lot faster; this time around, though, the watch seemed to have caught wind of it, and everyone had left in a hurry.

The pansies.

At any rate, Hammerfist strode out the front door unafraid of what he might find there.  He was slightly confused at the sight of the wizard that had helped him being thrown out the window...

Kwokinator

"1ll b8 b4ck!!!!!" the young wizard Heezan cried as he got threw out the window and landed on John.

"Oops!" He spoke as he got up off of John. "Sorry 'bout that!"

Anonymous

Looking up at the young man, John let out a sigh of annoyance.

'So much for that.'

Pushing himself up, he looked over at the girl.

Or rather, the spot the girl USED to be at.

"I'm having second thoughts about having taken up this mission." He muttered.

Bean Bandit

Jean peeked out from the shadows in a doorway several meters down from where she'd twisted free of the grip of the mark. She sighed.

"Close one," she murmured softly as she stole silently away. "I'd better get out of here. He's not likely to fall for the 'helpless woman' act twice. "

She disappeared silently into the village.
---

calendar

Lallie grinned, following behind the thief as they slipped through the village.

She'd felt bad, leaving John behind after he could've been hurt and all, but when the thief had 'snuck' by her where she had been standing by the door the whole time, it would've been dumb not to follow her.

She slipped through the darkness silently, breathing shallowly and pulling the hood of her cloak up to cover her face and blend in with the black of the night.  It was almost like home, playing the hiding games with her friends in the meadows.
<Calendar> Only vaguely?

Bean Bandit

Jean took a long and winding route all over the little village, finally coming to a small inn.

She looked over her shoulder uneasily. She'd gotten away easily enough, but she had a feeling she was being followed.

She'd hoped she'd shaken whoever it was loose with the complex route she'd taken to the little inn she stood in front of, but she still had a nervous feeling at the back of her neck.

Brushing a lock of hair behind her ear, she ducked into the little inn to get a room and see if anyone followed her in.
---

Kwokinator

Heezan blinked.

"Mission?" he wondered aloud. "What mission?  Aren't we just in a bar room brawl or something?"

Anonymous

John blinked a few times before turning towards the wizard.

"Oh, I was just musing out loud. Sorry about that." Heading back towards the bar, he peeked in for his companions.

"Fred, where did Lallie go?"

calendar

Lallie stared at the door anxiously.  She'd waited until the thief had gone inside her room, not wanted to catch innocent citizens up in the fight that might come.  This was the part she hated.  Going into a room where someone might be waiting to ambush her.

Sighing, she put one crossbow back, holding the other tightly in her right hand.  Stepping up slowly, she paused a minute.  Then with the speed born of a natural fighter, she shoved open the door and slid inside, pupils already adjusting to the darkness.

"Hello, Miss Thief?  Can I have the money back?"
<Calendar> Only vaguely?

Bean Bandit

Jean resisted the urge to curse as she watched the elf-girl enter the room.

'Out of all the people to follow me, it had to be one of that bunch' she thought exasperatedly.

She wondered if she should make a break for the window, ultimately deciding against it, as the girl looked like a fighter. She was no slouch in that department, but she wasn't stupid enough to take on someone with a crossbow barehanded.

She sighed in defeat and pulled off the dark hood of her cloak, exposing her face to the dim light of the room. She walked over to a small lamp and lit it, smiling at the elf girl as she undid her hair tie, allowing the long braid loose.

"I'm sorry, Miss Elf." She apologized, still smiling. "I don't have it with me right now.
---