Carthrat Who Hunts Elves!

Started by Bean Bandit, November 19, 2003, 01:58:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Carthrat

So much for wanting to keep a low profile, thinks Ritsuko, mournfully, before throwing an ambivalent glance at Remy.. Well, he might be able to tell me what the hecks gonna happen..
[19:14] <Annerose> Aww, mouth not outpacing brain after all?
[19:14] <Candide> My brain caught up

Bean Bandit

Remy approached Ritsuko, his gaze cautious. I must be certain to to affect the outcome of what will transpire here too badly...

He bowed, giving the dog a quick glance, then looking back at the ponytailed girl. "Ritsuko-dono, I would like to request your assistance..."
---
I love the games I've played here.

Carthrat

"You couldn't be more subtle, could you?" replies Ritsuko, levelling her best Flat Glare at Remy. "Well, out with it. You may as well tell everyone."

Bean Bandit

Hold your tongue, young one. Best not to let these others know exactly what, or who you are. Stay in character, for the moment. Ritsuko hears in her head.
---

Carthrat

Ritsuko bites her tounge, kind of wondering just how she's supposed to cover up the appearance of a strange man in a strange place with a strange request.

"Celcia-san, uh, I'd better go speak with him. Look, he's just standing there, waiting for me. If he tries anything, I'll scream," whispers Ritsuko to Celcia.

Bean Bandit

Airi stepped up behind Ritsuko, a frown creasing her elegant features. "What is it you want with Ritsuko?" she asked firmly, eyeing Remy. Behind her, Junpei appeared, glowering at the little man who'd appeared. Celcia simply stared, stunned at the nature of the power she could sense.

Remy simply smiled. "I'm in need of her skills for a short time. I will return her to you as quickly as possible..." he offered.
---

Carthrat

"I'll be deciding where I go," replies Ritsuko, flatly. "But yes, do tell me. In private, if need be."

That In Character enough for you, little man?

Bean Bandit

Remy simply smiled inscrutably. "If you wish. My mistress has sent me to request Lady Ritsuko's talents for a certain task. I myself am not permitted to disclose it, but we are prepared to compensate you for the time we take from your search."

It will do. I do apologize for the necessity of this, but my lady would prefer to minimize the impact of the intrusions into these worlds.

Junpei and Airi looked interested. "What are we going to be paid?" The big man asked Remy. "Money? Jewels?"

Remy nodded. "Certainly. Though we're also prepared to inform you of the location of two of the parts of the spell you're searching for."

Junpei's jaw fell open, and even Airi's eyes widened, and they both opened their mouths as though to accept, then remembered who was really pivotal to the agreement, and both looked to Ritsuko.

Celcia, meanwhile, simply shivered in fear as she watched the small man...
---

Carthrat

"Well.. if it'll help us get home, I accept," replies Ritsuko.

How ironic.

Bean Bandit

Indeed.

Airi looked slightly surprised, but nodded. "Ritsuko-chan, before you accept, we should probably get some sort of insurance...we don't know who he is...and he seems to upset Celcia-san." she observed, eyeing the little dog.

"I like him already," Junpei muttered under his breath.
---

Carthrat

Can you reassure them somehow? Turn Celcia back into a woman or something? Give them one of the spell parts now? Give them some stupid magic gimmick that'll turn red when my life is in danger and turn black if I die?

Outwardly, Ritsuko says "Good idea, Airi-san.. what insurance can you give us?"

Bean Bandit

I think the last option would cause needless anxiety. Hmm...

Remy held up a hand, and a ball of energy glowed briefly there. Suddenly, it washed away, leaving two small stones in his hand. "This should allieviate your concern." Remy suggested. "If Lady Ritsuko will take one, and leave the other with your group, in times of need, she can summon the holder of the stone. What's more, if she focuses on one of you, the holder will see who she is attempting to call, and be able to pass the stone to that person..."

Airi looked taken aback and slightly impressed, and Junpei simply nodded. Both of them looked to Ritsuko...
---

Carthrat

Oh, clever.. I suppose this stone would work for anyone, and not just us, eh?

Ritsuko nods, reaching out to take a stone. "Uhm.. how long would they stick around for? Indefinately?"

Bean Bandit

True. But so long as they realize this, the danger is minimal.

"Unfortunately, the effects of bending the boundaries of time and space tend to be slightly elastic. After between sixty and ninety minutes has elapsed, the effect fades, and the summoned one is returned...though, with practice, and possible assitance, you can extend the time limit." Remy informed her. "Is this to your satisfaction?"

Airi took one of the stones, nodding. "It is if Ritsuko-chan is agreeable." she said finally, looking to the ponytailed schoolgirl.
---

Carthrat

So where am I going, anyway? The moon?

Ritsuko nods to Airi. "I'll be fine!"