News:

"Why do you call it soulriders?"
"Because we grind your souls, hopes, and dreams down ... and ride the wave."

Main Menu

Boatraid! Can the Champion be Rescued?

Started by Carthrat, November 20, 2003, 01:56:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Carthrat

One bushi steps forward. "I am, Fuu-san," he says. "However, the internal workings of a ship can vary, so I can only give a general outline of the plan."
[19:14] <Annerose> Aww, mouth not outpacing brain after all?
[19:14] <Candide> My brain caught up

Ebiris

Fuu nods, "Basically what we need are routes from here to the brig, as well as any possible secondary entrances to it we could use."

Corwin

"Maybe the captain's cabin would have an outline of the ship's layout?" Umi muses out loud.
<Steph> I might have made a terrible mistake

Carthrat

"Maybe," replies the bushi, doubtfully. "But it would have no labels or such; it's not really used often.

As for routes to the brig.. well, there's only one entrance to it. The ship isn't built like a prison. But there are a few routes through the ship interior one could take."

Corwin

"Describe us the routes in more detail, if you will?" Umi asks.

Carthrat

The bushi shrugs. "I can't be sure, but..

You can go through the mess hall. From there, there are staircases leading into the kitchens and the crew quarters; heading from the quarters downstairs can take you around to the brig.

You can't go through the kitchens; they're only connected the the livestock housing for nobles and such. However, the other path, over there, goes through all the supply areas and such. I can't speak for that route; there could be any number of ways to the brig through it."

Corwin

"Right." Umi nods to herself. "If there's only one sure way to get to the brig, then splitting up at this point would be fruitless. Let's do it once we've reached the crew's quarters, when we get the chance."

Ebiris

"Very well, let's establish our marching order before we get underway," Fuu suggests, "As the most skilled fighter here, you should take point, Umi, while I can cover our rear and provide support with my spells when we encounter trouble."

Corwin

"Sure thing," Umi agrees, nodding again. "Ukyo, Reshi, feel like being in my vanguard?"

OOC: I named your ship-knowledgeable bushi.  >_>

Carthrat

Ukyo and Reshi nod the affirmitive. "We should hurry," says the former. "They probably know we're here by now.."

OOC: Roighto.

Corwin

"Lead the way, Reshi," she says simply, headed towards the mess hall.

Carthrat

Reshi nods, and moves to open the mess hall door...

..and is greeted by an arrow, which hits him in the leg, causing him to stumble back.

Ukyo is right next to him, and he rushes inside the hall after the archer..

OOC: Ok, Umi, you're the next closest to the door, but you can't see inside far enough to see the archer. You're on an angle, you're mostly seeing the wall.

Corwin

"Catching arrows it more your thing, isn't it, Fuu?" Umi quips, before darting inside after Ukyo and immediately trying to find cover.

Carthrat

The mess hall is fairly big, but nonetheless gives the illusion of being cramped, thanks to all the tables and chairs jammed together. On some of these tables sit pint mugs and plates.

Perhaps more pertinent to Umi is the presence of four or five archers with shortbows lined up against the rear end of the hall, who just sent their arrows flying at the form of Ukyo, who managed to miss them all by diving under a table, which seems to be the only cover in the area..

A couple other bushi follow Umi's lead, running in behind her, their own bows in their hands..

Corwin

Umi dives under the same table Ukyo had, yelling, "Five archers!" afterwards.